Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

Just drained of motivation to do anything. Serenes Forest is definitely something that brings me back to a distant past that I had mostly forgotten about. I wanna say that the late 2010s were a better time, but… they weren’t LOL

Anyways, I’m hoping my spark for FE will rekindle, but I don’t think that’s happening because I’ve been hyperfixating on Golden Sun for a year and a half just as hard as I did with FE in 2016-2020 and I don’t think that obsession is going away anytime soon.

Having autism is exhausting. :Haar:

Tell me about it.😉

As someone who was diagnosed with Asperger's for better and worse back in the 3rd grade like two decades ago, welcome!😃

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Smh, we still don't have a fourth Golden Sun game...

Dark Dawn was a terrible way to end things. So many unanswered questions and plot threads teased yet left unresolved.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

Just drained of motivation to do anything. Serenes Forest is definitely something that brings me back to a distant past that I had mostly forgotten about. I wanna say that the late 2010s were a better time, but… they weren’t LOL

Anyways, I’m hoping my spark for FE will rekindle, but I don’t think that’s happening because I’ve been hyperfixating on Golden Sun for a year and a half just as hard as I did with FE in 2016-2020 and I don’t think that obsession is going away anytime soon.

Having autism is exhausting. :Haar:

The drive thing, I kinda get you, I need to get on a lot of things left undone.

Ah Golden Sun, played those a long while back now. How do you feel about Dark Dawn?

I swear Teehee is a secret autism magnet

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So you're saying you're Engaging back to FE?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/05/28/2f052892201a92c622dcc71438126a14.jpg

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tell me about it.😉

As someone who was diagnosed with Asperger's for better and worse back in the 3rd grade like two decades ago, welcome!😃

Dark Dawn was a terrible way to end things. So many unanswered questions and plot threads teased yet left unresolved.

I wish autism was my only worry. I’ve been also diagnosed with OCD, high anxiety, and I probably also have ADHD.

Camelot definitely backed themselves into a corner with Dark Dawn, but I have hope that we’ll get another game someday. With that said, I like to jokingly say that Tyrell was the one who technically ruined everything and indirectly caused the depressing cliffhanger ending.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

The drive thing, I kinda get you, I need to get on a lot of things left undone.

Ah Golden Sun, played those a long while back now. How do you feel about Dark Dawn?

I swear Teehee is a secret autism magnet

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/05/28/2f052892201a92c622dcc71438126a14.jpg

Golden Sun is like Fire Emblem in that I love thinking about it every waking moment but hardly play it because I do not love it for the gameplay. The Lost Age overwhelmed me with the extreme amount of locations, Djinn, and general secrets compared to the first game, so despite me getting it as a Christmas gift last year I have only made it to the point where you get 

Spoiler

the ship.

I have Dark Dawn but I’ve only messed around with glitches and have yet to start an actual playthrough.

(Secret autism magnet? I’m curious. Do a lot of autistic people post here often or something?)

12 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

(Secret autism magnet? I’m curious. Do a lot of autistic people post here often or something?)

I feel like there's been at least 5 posting at points. Several are open about it (I'd probably fit in this camp), others have mentioned they have it once or twice and some have mentioned the possibility while not being diagnosed.

14 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

Golden Sun is like Fire Emblem in that I love thinking about it every waking moment but hardly play it because I do not love it for the gameplay. The Lost Age overwhelmed me with the extreme amount of locations, Djinn, and general secrets compared to the first game, so despite me getting it as a Christmas gift last year I have only made it to the point where you get 

I have Dark Dawn but I’ve only messed around with glitches and have yet to start an actual playthrough.

I wonder if a remake would do Golden Sun the world of good, the controls are about as good as they can get on GBA and it does feel clunky at points and as you said it's pretty beefy content wise.

It could also do a remake bringing the two into one game as was the original plan.

Camelot definitely backed themselves into a corner with Dark Dawn, but I have hope that we’ll get another game someday. With that said, I like to jokingly say that Tyrell was the one who technically ruined everything and indirectly caused the depressing cliffhanger ending.

Thanks Tyrell

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I wonder if a remake would do Golden Sun the world of good, the controls are about as good as they can get on GBA and it does feel clunky at points and as you said it's pretty beefy content wise.

It could also do a remake bringing the two into one game as was the original plan.

I'd say this is probably GS's best path right now. Revive/Respark interest in the series with the original games, then see where it can go from there.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One thing I'm considering now is if, when the full game is inevitably leaked like every modern game ever, I will look through the spoilers that will also inevitably be posted online.

Personally, I'm leaning yes. There are a number of concerns I want dispelled before I take the 60€ dive. Ideally I'd want no story spoilers and only mechanical spoilers, but when you dive into these things it's tricky to be picky.

Just tell me about the difficulty, k?

12 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Just tell me about the difficulty, k?

If I find anything about it you'll be the first to know. If I don't forget.

If there's Fates Capture you'll also know because I'll come here and yell "YES BEST FE"

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If there's Fates Capture you'll also know because I'll come here and yell "YES BEST FE"

Lolol as expected.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

f I find anything about it you'll be the first to know. If I don't forget.

o7

Ya know, if i like Enjeji, i already have a sortiment of challenge runs in mind.

• The classic no Enjeji run
  • "Marriage Run" where character are locked to their rings forever/no switching around rings
  • Marth Lord run, Ironman where if Marth holder dies it's over
  • Classic PMU
  • etc.

But let's just hope it will be a good one xD

Edited by Imperator Squilla

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One thing I'm considering now is if, when the full game is inevitably leaked like every modern game ever, I will look through the spoilers that will also inevitably be posted online.

Personally, I'm leaning yes. There are a number of concerns I want dispelled before I take the 60€ dive. Ideally I'd want no story spoilers and only mechanical spoilers, but when you dive into these things it's tricky to be picky.

I think at most I'll just look at recruitment guides. Especially since like, we've seen pretty much the entire cast at this point.

Not that I expect some bullshit or anything, I just want to know when I can have se- I mean when Timerra and Ivy join the team.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The leak way back did say the game is challenging, which is reassuring, but I'd like to be sure.

Worth noting that "challenge" varies from person to person btw.

2 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

I’m having a rough day so I thought the easy solution was to post on Serenes Forest for the first time in over two years. Yeah, I don’t understand my mindset either. A big reason for me being gone was my Fire Emblem hyperfixation going away for no reason for a very long time. It’s like, somewhat back, but not nearly as strong as it once was because I’m hyperfixating on something else and have been for ages.

Why am I saying this here?

Hello returning member.

Yeah this thread is pretty much do whatever. Welcome.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

*gives gen 9 Gym and E4 music a listen*

772787341458145291.webp?size=128&quality

I like the chants of the former at least.

... it's like the only source of life these cities have, holy fuck, these cities are some of the blandest ever. The Ice Gym City is deadass just the Gym Building and then the Pokemon Center.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Ice Gym City is deadass just the Gym Building and then the Pokemon Center.

The only parts that matter

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reminds me of Skull's somehow. It's different, but similar vibes

wouldn't call it banger, but it isn't a disaster atleast like Gym/E4

Ok, get better after 1 minute mark

The true ending.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Ok, get better after 1 minute mark

Sadly most Team Star Grunt battles end before that lmao. And due to how Starfall Road works, you don't actually fight them that often.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, by all means! I'd love to listen, if you're at all willing to share of course.

Well I wont tug on your ear for too long but something I love about my family is that we don't have much of a hierarchy. I'm not saying this to brag about my family so much as to present a different system of child rearing that has worked beautifully for me and my brother and I think should replace what you usually see. There's no hierarchy in my family, we all see each other as peers and we are not just allowed to but encouraged to challenge the ideas of each other. We trust each other a lot because of that, my brother and I never got any curfews or bedtimes, more or less from a young age we were free to create our own life even if it was under the same roof as our parents.

So often do I hear of children with awful or even just forceful parents who have so many rules that always seemed to create needless conflict to me.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

I feel like there's been at least 5 posting at points. Several are open about it (I'd probably fit in this camp), others have mentioned they have it once or twice and some have mentioned the possibility while not being diagnosed.

I'm actually doing a brain scan today to see if I really do have ADHD or not.

There are times where I feel I might have ADHD or some shit idk but until I'm diagnosed with it, I won't really know.

I know I was diagnosed with something when I was like two or three but my mom was against the medication and so I was raised as if I didn't have....whatever it was they diagnosed me with. Not that it's really made a difference, I can't swallow pills and most medications for ADHD and such involve that.

And no, my mom wasn't forcing me to be "normal" or anything like that either, she quite literally just did not want to give me whatever that medication was. I even talked to her about this and she fully supports me getting tested to see if I do have something (I'm still not taking pills tho).

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sadly most Team Star Grunt battles end before that lmao. And due to how Starfall Road works, you don't actually fight them that often.

rip

Well

Not like i was ever planning to play it anyway lol

I think the only way i will play an official Pokemon game again is if they do a Hoenn PLA style game, and only if it's also done well and not just copy pasted

Or Alola remakes if they don't fuck em up like every remake nowdays

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are times where I feel I might have ADHD or some shit idk but until I'm diagnosed with it, I won't really know.

I know I was diagnosed with something when I was like two or three but my mom was against the medication and so I was raised as if I didn't have....whatever it was they diagnosed me with. Not that it's really made a difference, I can't swallow pills and most medications for ADHD and such involve that.

And no, my mom wasn't forcing me to be "normal" or anything like that either, she quite literally just did not want to give me whatever that medication was. I even talked to her about this and she fully supports me getting tested to see if I do have something (I'm still not taking pills tho).

I entered the next Gym and the Gym Test was a "mental test" 💀

4 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Or Alola remakes if they don't fuck em up like every remake nowdays

I fear for the Gen 5 remakes.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I fear for the Gen 5 remakes.

As we all should.

12 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm actually doing a brain scan today to see if I really do have ADHD or not.

Huh. What a coincidence.

Nobody I knew got brain scans for diagnosis.