• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Didn't know this was a thing.

According to Wikipedia it started in 2001 as the Pokemon Center (more of these exist in Japan), before before becoming Nintendo World in 2005 with the Pokemon Center enduring for a time on the second floor (which was mostly converted to Nintendo in general). Nintendo New York is its latest name.

I remember reading Nintendo Power as a young child and seeing a different image of this in the Pokemon Center.:

http://www.andysrandomstuff.com/gaming/pkmncntr/pinball2.JPG

Its existence endured in my mind ever since, so I had to visit the Ninty NY (years after the physical Pkm R&S pinball machine was gone). On my first visit, I recall purchasing two of these little plastic pink square toy things you could open up with little Pokemon figurines on the inside, they were different "habitats" and you could connect them together. On one visit (I forget when) I also picked up New Super Mario Bros..

Location-wise, I recall, before being driven off to school, watching the morning news show known as The Today Show well before one of its famed hosts was removed on sexual harassment allegations, when the commercials ended and the camera panned in from a broad shot of Rockefeller Plaza to resume the show, I could remember seeing the windows of Nintendo World for a transitory moment, I liked that. It's that close to the heart of Manhattan where the NYC Xmas tree goes up. 

It's two floors, though not very big. Understandable, given Scarlet and Violet might have had a smaller budget than NNY's yearly property taxes.😛 Smaller than the less mega-ideally located clothing flagship store I forced into b/c with family I was.

...Am I waxing too nostalgic here?😅 I'll stop rambling as soon as you bring me the daily meds this old geezer needs.👴

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I'd have a bunch more reasons to see New York in fairness.

If you need advice on museums, I'd be willing to offer it!😀

15 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Honestly? Same.

You would have to be very fortunate or bold in a certain way if you didn't live life without accumulating regrets. I add more every day.

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Might there be a Magicnet tho?

Digimon is a digital world. You don't have the Internet, you're in the Internet?🤔

35 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Gwahaha! They better all be in S tier. All of them.

...Except Alois and Rodrigue. Three Houses had no idea what facial hair looks like. Lucked out with Hanneman.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

According to Wikipedia it started in 2001 as the Pokemon Center (more of these exist in Japan), before before becoming Nintendo World in 2005 with the Pokemon Center enduring for a time on the second floor (which was mostly converted to Nintendo in general). Nintendo New York is its latest name.

Okay, so there's no Pokemon Centre in NY? Feels like both could be there, they can't have that little merch for there to be only one building? Or is this shop bigger than I'm giving credit for?

...Am I waxing too nostalgic here?😅 I'll stop rambling as soon as you bring me the daily meds this old geezer needs.👴

I'll go get them.

If you need advice on museums, I'd be willing to offer it!😀

I'll worry about it if I actually end up there. There's a wedding I might be going to next year, though it might end up being a farther away than would be suitable for a stop in NY.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gwahaha! They better all be in S tier. All of them.

...Except Alois and Rodrigue. Three Houses had no idea what facial hair looks like. Lucked out with Hanneman.

We're putting Oifey, Gilliam and Frey in S tier? Come now.

22 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

We're putting Oifey, Gilliam and Frey in S tier? Come now.

Daahh you're right. 'Twould be heresy. Ohh, dear, might be harder than it first appeared...

Vandad S+ though

The new Octopath trailer is looking pretty good. I thought Tenemos seemed pretty boring but apparently he’s an inquisitor who beats up people for information, which is like the least stereotypical JRPG cleric. And both of their stories seem pretty interesting, since the stories seem like they’re gonna be more connected this time this game is looking pretty good. And the thief is hot.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fj80nBwaAAABURl.png?width=1100&height=61

Bruh what is that— poor Quaxly.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fj804yZaYAABJGx.png?width=1100&height=61

This one looks pretty cool though.

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Okay, so there's no Pokemon Centre in NY? Feels like both could be there, they can't have that little merch for there to be only one building? Or is this shop bigger than I'm giving credit for?

They've got Nintendo games and systems on sale. I recall posters and plushies as well. Some television screens with demos of games playable on site. Should have a little Nintendo exhibit display case or two, I think it might still have the still-functional Game Boy that survived getting hit by a bomb or something during the Persian Gulf War in the 90s.

NNY_StorePhoto_Enterence.jpg

Taken from its website. This is the first floor, the entrance should be right behind the camera. Second floor is basically the same size. The website puts the total two-story footprint at 10k square feet/930 square meters.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Daahh you're right. 'Twould be heresy. Ohh, dear, might be harder than it first appeared...

Vandad S+ though

And hey, least they're not Orson.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This one looks pretty cool though.

The least controversial SV take.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They've got Nintendo games and systems on sale. I recall posters and plushies as well. Some television screens with demos of games playable on site. Should have a little Nintendo exhibit display case or two, I think it might still have the still-functional Game Boy that survived getting hit by a bomb or something during the Persian Gulf War in the 90s.

NNY_StorePhoto_Enterence.jpg

Taken from its website. This is the first floor, the entrance should be right behind the camera. Second floor is basically the same size. The website puts the total two-story footprint at 10k square feet/930 square meters.

That's a pretty open entrance area. I'll have to see if I end up there.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The new Octopath trailer is looking pretty good. I thought Tenemos seemed pretty boring but apparently he’s an inquisitor who beats up people for information, which is like the least stereotypical JRPG cleric. And both of their stories seem pretty interesting, since the stories seem like they’re gonna be more connected this time this game is looking pretty good. And the thief is hot.

Can't wait for the older scholar dude ans the fedora merchant. Though I wouldn't expect them to keep quite the Engage pace haha

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

And hey, least they're not Orson.

Orson just has a bit of a stubble.

3F230mo.png

Ya know

It just came to my mind how many of the switch games are either story finishers or big crossovers in their series

Smash with the "EVERYONE IS HERE"

MK8 with freaking 96 tracks with many remixed ones from across the series

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 finishing the Trilogy

Enjeji being a big FE crossover featuring everyone from 16 titles

etc.

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

3F230mo.png

Ya know

It just came to my mind how many of the switch games are either story finishers or big crossovers in their series

Smash with the "EVERYONE IS HERE"

MK8 with freaking 96 tracks with many remixed ones from across the series

Enjeji being a big FE crossover featuring everyone from 16 titles

etc.

Project X Zone 3 when?

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Splatoon too if I've heard correctly.

BotW and KatFW are both changes in how they handle their gameplay in 3D with world ending going on too (Though it's a bit more standard on Kirby's end?)

Dread also acts as an end to story beats from the rest of the main Metroid titles, while AW 1+2 seems like an end to the series too due to how the game will never release killing the series.

Edit: There's also Luigi's Mansion 3 being a third title in a trilogy, which is telling I forgot to mention it.

Edited by Punished Dayni

8 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Splatoon too if I've heard correctly.

BotW and KatFW are both changes in how they handle their gameplay in 3D with world ending going on too (Though it's a bit more standard on Kirby's end?)

Dread also acts as an end to story beats from the rest of the main Metroid titles, while AW 1+2 seems like an end to the series too due to how the game will never release killing the series.

Edit: There's also Luigi's Mansion 3 being a third title in a trilogy, which is telling I forgot to mention it.

And then there's the first 3D Kirbo title

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fj9V5lOWQAELpWk.png

OH JEEZ, THERE'S TWO OF THEM.

They're spreading.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

And then there's the first 3D Kirbo title

Does Mario Odyssey do anything befitting that?

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"I'm not gonna sugarcoat it"

*Sees DQXI Metal Slime farming*

😏

It was irresistible. But only in VIII and XI for me, visible encounters (or even being able to semi-reliably force encounters) + fairly reliable ways of killing Metal Slimes = 😁. For prior games, it isn't so fun.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Project X Zone 3 when?

To quote a classic Christmas song- If only in our dreams (with the BKO trio and XiaoDude included in my sleeping brain, plus the return of Haken, and maybe an SMT rep).

16 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

while AW 1+2 seems like an end to the series too due to how the game will never release killing the series.

It's not an end, Nintendo created a magic circle for a resurrection, but the IRL Earth sneezed and the man Ninty hired to carry out the act (Luxorl I think his name was) went into quarantine, but misinterpreted the origins of the word to be "forty years" not days.

Advance Wars is dead, what happened was a failed attempt to un-dead it.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

They're spreading.

Does Mario Odyssey do anything befitting that?

Odyssey has alot of callbacks, but that's normal for a Mario title.

Then there's the 3D World re-release, which would be more fitting i guess? Especially with Bowser's Fury

So I'm on my way home after meeting up with my friend at UCF. We exchanged the early Christmas gifts and I also gave him the other gifts to deliver in my place (cause I lived farther than everyone else and I don't have a car).

Spoiler alert: he already had the God of War trilogy collection on PS3 so he just has $30 of credit for free now I guess. And it's not like I could ask him ahead of time, that would spoil the surprise.

Anyways this is what he got me (I'm on the bus btw)

IMG20221214175231.jpg

He always throws in a funny.

I knew he was gonna get me Dragon's Crown tho, he was there when I saw it the day I bought Awakening and Ocarina of Time 3D.

(Now to stash DmC in the vault cause my mom's Catholic and while that's not an issue and she normally doesn't care what I play, I don't feel like going through the hassle of explaining this one in particular).

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

It's getting out of hand.

To quote a classic Christmas song- If only in our dreams (with the BKO trio and XiaoDude included in my sleeping brain, plus the return of Haken, and maybe an SMT rep).

You know they'll just put in.....not Joker but like Ryuji or some shit.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Advance Wars is dead, what happened was a failed attempt to un-dead it.

Thinking about the one guy who got to play it but then bragged about it and the Nintendo Ninjas came knocking. And it was literally only him too.

Gotta wait 30 years for the "Nintendo Switch Classic" to come out with Advance Wars 1+2 bundled inside.