Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Realistically? I don't think so. Especially since next week and the week after new year i will be swamped with work

Considering we've about 10-12 maps in Fates or Awakening, I get that.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're putting much hope on an evil dominatrix stereotype, but them, this IS the greatest FE story ever written, so perhaps it will make the difference?

Hey if Aversa can do it technically, than so can Petrine.

24 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Defense changes, MT debuffs and unit/effect dependant changes are not "weapon weight but more complicated." The only thing weapon weight affected was speed, and only if you didn't migitate it completely anyway.

If you see the value in that. As for me, I can't see a meaningful difference between a Steel Sword that gives -5 avoid and -3 "folluw-up attack speed" to a Steel Sword with a weight of 3. Besides making things more complicated anyway.
In any case, I really don't think Engage is just gonna abandon the very concept of weapons having effects beyond their core stats.

Or how it really was: Effective weapons were really strong but only against their suppossed targets, like how they should be.

And that's not how it was already? And if so, what about the existing mechanics prevented that from being the case?

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Céline's quote at 3:06 actually seems to imply this takes place before a critical point in the story. Or, at least, pretend critical - I wouldn't imagine they'd go take footage from the frigging final battle preamble lol. Still, interesting line. Maybe this is right before the last battle at Firene? She was from Firene, right?

Well we know Ch.17 is called "Shattered Peace" and the map is a Firene town on fire. It's possible this was taken from right before the end of "Act 1" when the heroes think they've won. It's possible that they're about to storm Lythios like in that one scene.

Which leads me to realize, none of the revealed playable characters aside from Alear are divine dragons. None of them. Just more proof that there's still parts of the cast that we've not been told about.

Inb4 Veyle.

The evil version has a bunch of spears pointing at her back

Perhaps it's representing her granduncle calling for her head because she's a threat to his power.

3 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

still hate some things of course. Mostly that the characters look like they’re straight out of Genshin

Genshin wishes it could have designs this funny tbh.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The only exceptions in Fates were Iron weapons & Bronze weapons.

Which, ya know, are the weakest weapons MT wise

As mentioned, the prf weapons lack drawbacks.

27 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Back on the Ys Train?

...Isn't music the one place you're 95% certain will be a trainwreck?

I've had some Yuzo Koshiro (the Ys I & II composer) music I would've suggested, in case you intended to replace X's with other stuff and would get tired of using former Ys tracks, but on second thought, the stuff isn't quite aligned for Ys.

27 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Realistically? I don't think so. Especially since next week and the week after new year i will be swamped with work

2-capture_002_08062013_235823.jpg

Hopefully not this swamp! This is the best picture I can find on short notice, yet it doesn't show the whole evil Should Warpskip thing.

I'll be wishing you luck through the... ordeals!

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

One thing that kinda disappoints me: It seems weapon drawbacks are gone. That was really a GOAT feature in Fates. Then again, not many liked it....

I'm fine with this, personally. I didn't hate the debuffs, but the fact that the only way to cure them was to wait a bunch of turns was annoying, and... well, Inevitable End was just plain horrible.

With some tweaks (IE make the nerfs go away in one or two turns, maybe? Make them restorable? And definitely make IE go away) I'd be fine seeing the mechanic come back, but I'm not too sad to see it gone either. But c'mon why take away capture from me, it's harmless dammit! Gimme generics IntSys!

25 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey if Aversa can do it technically, than so can Petrine.

Fair enough. Guess we'll see, won't we?

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well we know Ch.17 is called "Shattered Peace" and the map is a Firene town on fire. It's possible this was taken from right before the end of "Act 1" when the heroes think they've won. It's possible that they're about to storm Lythios like in that one scene.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad.

Inb4 Veyle.

Most likely, yes. But then, what if. I'd honestly be all for playable Zephia, if only because it means I can dress her in something presentable.

Perhaps it's representing her granduncle calling for her head because she's a threat to his power.

I mean, what else could it be representing, she doesn't have much else lol

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully not this swamp! This is the best picture I can find on short notice, yet it doesn't show the whole evil Should Warpskip thing.

Ah yes, I remember when I got to this map without Renee. Then Garo solo'd it. Good times.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Possible. Though imagine if they implement something akin to the First Blood item of Fates.

The anticlimatic outcome. Then again, why not both

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, what else could it be representing, she doesn't have much else lol

I insist, persecution over her mixed heritage.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

"The star survives it's own death" goes hard.

Not watching it b/c black holes and cosmic stuff can trigger the black dogs of depression in me. But looking at that size comparison is reminding of this much slower and gradual vid -until you get about halfway through.:

They were nice enough to include Weltall at 3:30, though nothing else.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I insist, her mixed heritage.

In my defense, I missed your previous post on the matter.

Anyway... yeah, that's not impossible. Spears are very anti-Sacae weapons. You never see Sacaeans with lances (or at least not nearly as often as swords or bows) and they have WTA against Sacae's preferred melee type. It'd be subtle, but effective symbolism.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Isn't music the one place you're 95% certain will be a trainwreck?

True lmao

Worst Case i will just mod old music in XD

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully not this swamp!

Something like this yeah

55 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

As for me, I can't see a meaningful difference between a Steel Sword that gives -5 avoid and -3 "folluw-up attack speed" to a Steel Sword with a weight of 3. Besides making things more complicated anyway

1. I was talking about the other drawbacks rather than spd ones that imitate weight. Like Brave weapons being PP and granting -5 Def/Res. Or Weapons giving +3 spd. Or straight up disabling double attacks. Or weapons giving Avo bonus/Penalty (without effecting other stats) etc. There're alot of weapon effects in Fates that can't just be replicated with Con/weight. Especially when you know which ones don't trigger on dual attack which adds another dimension to equipping/setting up/trade equip.

2. There's actually quite a difference between -3 Follow up attack speed and 3 weight weapon giving a -3AS. In the case of Fates the Steel ones reduces your offensive speed, which you need for follow up, but not defensive speed, the one that makes the enemy double attack you. It's not a straight -3 speed modifier. Although that was a bit complicated unless you are really into Fates.

Edited by Imperator Squilla

It looks like Kazuya skipped ahead of the amiibo line. Or the villains gotta stick together, maybe.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also there's DEFINITELY going to be more playable dragons than Alear. Why else would such a generic message, or even just the oddly specific extra bonus, even exist? Which leads me to realize, none of the revealed playable characters aside from Alear are divine dragons. None of them. Just more proof that there's still parts of the cast that we've not been told about.

What message is this in reference to? None of the characters we've seen are little girls, so that disqualifies them from being dragons.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:
None of the characters we've seen are little girls, so that disqualifies them from being dragons.

Watch the twins be revealed as such. That 33rd Generation title might have an extra 3...

Why did I end up watching a 75-minute long video that was half Tintin movie piece, half Herge defence?

Well, point was, stuff that was in it was interesting as a person who never was a collector of the comics.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Watch the twins be revealed as such. That 33rd Generation title might have an extra 3...

Or they're actually triplets and the third's a dragon

Just now, Punished Dayni said:

Or they're actually triplets and the third's a dragon

Alrea: "So... you're three."

Clamme: "Yep."

"And triplets at that."

Framme: "That's right!"

"But only one of you is a dragon."

Third Tripelt: "Correct!"

Alear:

See the source image