Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Despite things, to my disappointment the Nadesico C still only has Ruri and Harry as pilots. Prospector is a Supporter, but it seems Minato, Yukina, and Uribatake are just NPCs. I might be spoiled on TV Nadeisco having up to four supporters at times, heh. Oh well.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

50 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Can confirm he never met Christ though, he doesn't enter the story before the Ascension (I kinda have to capitalise this to clarify it's Jesus related).

Ugh, I made an error.

Jesus does speak to him post ascension, though he's speaking from heaven and also temporarily blinds Paul. So I should clarify he didn't meet Jesus as a man.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, the whole "yeet enemies out of the map" isn't something the player gets access to. Still... why would we want to? Gotta not let that EXP and money go away!

I thought that too. It'd be a favourite for any speedrun or LTC though.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You telling me Jesus wasn't a gun wielding CEO of racism?

He's more likely to flip the table than whip out a glock.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, you did not know about the colorado thing, not even as a "word other Hispanic countries use", so...

To be fair, Venezuela is the only Latin American country to refer to sweatpants as "monos". Which is also the word for monkey.

I exaggerate about learning new Spanish words from other countries but it really is a "TIL" moment. Before working at the store, the only "Spanish differences" i knew were that Colombians call beans "frijoles" and Venezuelans call beans "caraotas". It was after i started working that i learned other words that Venezuelans don't use. "Busos" and "chamarros" for jacket (which also means like scuba diver in the former) from Ecuadorians(?) and Mexicans, "gabetes" and "cordnones" for shoelaces (at least one of these is Puerto Rican), "lechon" for pork (though "cerdo" is universal it seems). More and more examples out there.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

and is a waifu?

Adol's ship is a waifu but she dies at the end of the game when she gets sunk. She can't stand the thought of Adol boarding another ship so she curses him to be shipwrecked every time.

He's Joseph Joestar but with ships instead of planes.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Conservatives are pro-gun... except that one time with the Black Panthers. Cue the Mulford Act.

Rules for thee and not for me.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Adol's ship is a waifu but she dies at the end of the game when she gets sunk. She can't stand the thought of Adol boarding another ship so she curses him to be shipwrecked every time.

Yandereship, that's a new one

40 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

It's one outside Rev. As for Lackluster, I've been able to use both fine enough in Hard, the only reason they wouldn't see the end of Lunatic aside from me being bad is I'm using Generics in the runs I'm using them.

Also, judgement day? For Smogon on it?

Fair enough. On the lackluster part, I find both to struggle on Hard thanks to them having like two good stats and mediocre to shit everything else.

Ja, oh ja. The last couple of weeks Smogon was holding a suspect test to determine the fate of Terastallization. Uniquely, it's a two-parter: first off, does action need to be taken, and if that gets enough votes, they then go on to what action should be taken. Personally, I'm in favor of an outright ban, as in my book terastallization is at LEAST as bad as Dynamax in terms of being uncompetitive. That's also spurred on by me believing that none of the proposed restrictions are sufficient to deal with it.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yandereship, that's a new one

I joke but I'm fairly certain Ys 10 is gonna be like "this is when Adol began encountering naval difficulties".

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I'm in favor of an outright ban, as in my book terastallization is at LEAST as bad as Dynamax in terms of being uncompetitive.

Game Freak when they make new gimmicks and Pokemon only for the Pokemon community to ban them

This is why Mega Evolution is still the GOAT.

Edit: honestly I found Terastallization more detrimental than helpful tbh.

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I joke but I'm fairly certain Ys 10 is gonna be like "this is when Adol began encountering naval difficulties".

Ys 1 starts with a ship wreck tho 😛

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Okay, only Hokushin is left, time to finish him!

Don't know if it's because I used Distortion Attack S, but Akito repeats what Domon taught him. To get in point-blank range fast enough so he can't Boson Jump away, then strike with full force. Hokushin is impressed... and the Yatenko blows up. Akito comments he doesn't feel much different, which the others comment his true goal wasn't Hokushin's demise. Ruri inwardly adds it's to reunite with Yurika. In any case, the Martian Successors have been stopped for good. Still, Yurika is out there somewhere... but Akito vows he will save her, no matter where she is. Which, well, this is new since we have wrapped up the movie's events. So Yurika's rescue will be the one loose end to wrap up later on. How much later? Who knows.

Anyway, everyone is back on board. They receive a message that Tsukiomi will take care of Lapis. So all left is... well, Yurika. Ultimately, the topic of how the Nadesico C Boson Jumped in gets brought up again. The answer is, naturally, that an A-Class Jumper must be on board, despite the Martian Successors having seemingly kidnapped them all. Seems there'll be a meeting regarding that. But before that, a transmission from Earth arrives. Councilman Presbund will be making a major address. Turns out, he's revealing the existence of UND to the world at large. He asks for mankind to leave aside their differences and fight as one against them, saying how T3 will be the force behind that. He considers should mankind make through this trials, another Golden Age will be upon them, and urges the people to unite. Thus the stage ends...

11 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I'm in favor of a ban, as in my book terastallization is at LEAST as bad as Dynamax in terms of being uncompetitive. That's also spurred on by me believing that none of the proposed restrictions are sufficient to deal with it.

I really hope they don't ban it; even if it is quite powerful, I think it adds such a unique dimension to the battles; as opposed to Dynamaxing just being "just get stronger idk", tera-typing adds a lot of new dimensions to the scene and allows for more viable 'mons.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

me Freak when they make new gimmicks and Pokemon only for the Pokemon community to ban them

This is why Mega Evolution is still the GOAT.

LOL
Personally, I liked megas and Z-Moves. They actually had an opportunity cost to them, unlike Dynamax and Terastallizaation.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit: honestly I found Terastallization more detrimental than helpful tbh.

How come?

The TacP Bonus talks brings up an interesting tidbit. They can't confirm is Hokushin actually died. He could, after all, Boson Jump at the last second. Still, Akito doesn't feel too bothered, likely since he now has a bigger goal in mind. Still, this being a video game, 99% for sure we'll fight him again...

41 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Jesus does speak to him post ascension, though he's speaking from heaven and also temporarily blinds Paul. So I should clarify he didn't meet Jesus as a man.

Hence why I said pre-resurrection before.

1024px-Conversion_on_the_Way_to_Damascus

Caravaggio's Baroque masterpiece on the conversion -clearly not showing us what Paul is seeing. 

41 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

He's more likely to flip the table than whip out a glock.

Ah yes, destruction of property, an assault on Mammon on the Mount. A classic event stored in the quiver of any pro-egalitarianism Christian.

57 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey speaking of fake Christians, in my Vic 3 game I reluctantly had to put the evangelicals into power just to keep the state from falling apart. I booted them out soon enough so hopefully church and state will be separated in the foreseeable future.

I'm not sure if patches have "fixed" it yet, but I did read a few months ago that Vic 3 made collectivization way too easy. Not enough drawbacks and resistance to raising wages for all at the time of the article I found.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 3/12/2022 at 10:37 AM, Sooks said:

I am interested in Altina, because the game keeps hinting that there’s something going on there and I know she becomes a member of New Class VII.

I sense the beginning of a beautiful relationship…

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Enjoy the 2nd best romance in the game.

You’ve heard of love triangles, but are you ready for a love tridecagon?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t understand what his goals were the entire game though, so who knows where he would have gone?

The seeker of beauty is too sophisticated for mere mortals to comprehend.

Speaking of rankings you should rank Rean’s romance options, I’m on mobile but pretend that was strikethroughed.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

At a resort? With a cat? Make sure to spend a resort ticket on her to increase your bOnDiNg LeVeL and… NOOOO STOP GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Sorry, I’m saving my tickets for Vivi (whenever Falcom makes her an option).

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

(He's talking about CS here, not Trails as a whole).

I can’t believe BlunZ and Sooks were the same person all along.

Monolith Soft popped the fuck off with Xenogears' story, protag writing and romance and it took until Xenoblade 3 for those heights to be reached again.

XC3 is good but would I say it’s better than XC2? Ehhhhh…

Ah yes, it's always good when you post something related to the conversation but everyone ignores it. Eh, fuck it

NARANJA ACADEMY

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair enough. If you want them, I will give them to you.

I want to know which characters you killed, that's why I asked for spoilers.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

The holidays were an interesting mix of fun and weirdly depressing this year. Such is life.

Hope everyone's been well.

Finished FFXV. 'Twas a great time. Bless Noctis and the lads for having some of the best, most believable camaraderie in any RPG I've played.

Picked up a few games over the holidays, mainly Xenoblade X and Crisis Core. Both have been really fun so far.

I need to get back to Hopes but that damned hub killed a lot of the enjoyment I might've had.

Welcome back and happy new year

Selfie in the Sunshine Patreon | Redbubble

What's your opinion on Ardyn? Did you play the DLCs?

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Spoilery character tier list

>Ash only in B

>Kurt in S

https://i.imgur.com/Mh7erKM.gif

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

#JusticeForLonato

It's all his fault for not looking more presentable

https://i.redd.it/42uvdpi6q7z01.png

(He's talking about CS here, not Trails as a whole).

I really enjoyed CS4 as it was the *looks up* 12th best game i played in 2021. But it also came after a big Trails hiatus in which i did not play the series for over a few years whereas you played back-to-back so i'm curious if that had anything to do with it.

Gigguk also finished FC

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*Drama unfolding and all Acacia does is keep posting his SRW stuff like the weirdo he is*

Continue. The world needs more people like you

I'm posting this because I'm building an RG Wing Gundam TV. version, not because I'm playing SRW W

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sorry, I’m saving my tickets for Vivi (whenever Falcom makes her an option).

https://i.redd.it/50h7rc0uzpz81.png

Edited by Green06

1 minute ago, Green06 said:

Continue. The world needs more people like you

I'm posting this because I'm building an RG Wing Gundam TV. version, not because I'm playing SRW W

A what now?

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ys 2 has Adol crashing after flying, does that count

Flying isn't sailing the seas now is it?

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I really hope they don't ban it; even if it is quite powerful, I think it adds such a unique dimension to the battles; as opposed to Dynamaxing just being "just get stronger idk", tera-typing adds a lot of new dimensions to the scene and allows for more viable 'mons.

All the gimmicks have been "just get stronger idk" tbf. But both Dynamax and Terastallization have been visually lame as fuck.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

How come?

Removal of a second typing to be locked into one type can be pretty damn big. It's a significant enough cost in my eyes that I wouldn't advocate against banning it.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

XC3 is good but would I say it’s better than XC2? Ehhhhh…

There are definitely things Xenoblade 2 does better. But the thing I value most in narratives (that matter) is characters. And Xenoblade 3 is a lightning in a bottle. The characters and the moments involved with them are so *chef's kiss*. It is the most character-driven game in the entire series, this is what I live for.

3 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Gigguk also finished FC

AniTuber opinion discarded.