Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Happy Martin Luther King Jr day folks.

He and Edelgard would've gotten along lovely.

34 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Anime was a mistake.

Sure, this is not real, but if it were I think there'd be riots

Hahaha! Oh that's glorious.

I haven't even watched Father Ted yet but it's definitely on the bucket list.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

OH SHIT PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN’T READ WHAT I WROTE HERE

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

hiWdDoB.gif

She would exorcise you for that ya know

Yuki-Onna above even said "My lady" XD

In my defence the only picture I saw said master and the only thing I saw of her above was a gif that looked vague enough that I could assume she was a he in the moment.

I suppose I won't ever engage with Engage if I die now.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Hahaha! Oh that's glorious.

I haven't even watched Father Ted yet but it's definitely on the bucket list.

It's certainly of it's time and I can see people not being up for the jokes it makes.

I would say however it's cracks at the church as an institution at the time they came out may have had more impact than anticipated and it was well accepted here when it did come out and in the years afterwards, though I haven't rewatched any of it in years.

It's a shame that one of the showrunners is a TERF, though that is not something shared with pretty much anyone else involved from what I can tell (Though it's easier when several of them are dead). And that's an open question worth considering for works that are finished, especially ones which you're likely getting access to through less legal means as I don't even know who has the US streaming rights.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

dIkg2AS.jpg

And this, my friend, is why I dislike avatars.

Even the dull as dirt brick wall that is Kris would have had something training related answer this question with...

SPqgzqN.jpgDT9cWmb.jpg

My what sad backstory

I sure hope the trauma produced from that backstory would be treated as a joke to laugh at in her other supports.

Sigh...yeah that is why I don't talk as much about little Bernie, despite her being one of my Three Houses Favs.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It even makes sense. A Healing Staff is not going to ill a bacteria, now does it.

How does the restore staff cure poison then?

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
Managed to Fat finger my way into posting imeddiately after quoting...

AKlOknz.jpg

FQp6JV7.jpg

Gouto the ladies man

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

What is M!Peri doing?

j9ppj3uo7o861.png

He's not as crazy as Peri... most of the time.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When alpacas fly.

Personally, I'm just glad that "your alpaca hero is here-o" is an actual line in an actual Fire Emblem game.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

OH SHIT PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN’T READ WHAT I WROTE HERE

Hmm... suspicious.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Who is my mother?

The next Teehee arc is about Sooks investigating the identity of his long-lost mother. I'm putting my money on Josette, personally.

Edited by Lightchao42

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

How does the restore staff cure poison then?

Trying to make sense out of it, likely it induces a neutralization effect. The poison itself isn't alive, in any case.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

The next Teehee arc is about Sooks searching for his long-lost mother. I'm putting my money on Josette, personally.

I thought it was Ika Musume, with Shrimpy and Benice enacting the Trails way.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wt74fjB.jpg

Who're the two below Healer Corrin?

j9ppj3uo7o861.png

He's not as crazy as Peri... most of the time.

I seem to have driven a Teehee'r to drink. Apologies.

Does he have a record of abuse in his past?

AKlOknz.jpg

FQp6JV7.jpg

Gouto the ladies man

D20 speech roll off a 1 Cha player

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Trying to make sense out of it, likely it induces a neutralization effect. The poison itself isn't alive, in any case.

Considering we don't get much of an indication the poisons are using living organisms, neutralisation of toxins and similar effects are the easiest answer.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I thought it was Ika Musume, with Shrimpy and Benice enacting the Trails way.

The lore deepens

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You should use more of the Yuki-Onna Pokemon, Jynx 😛

Do Gajinkas count

I am pretty sure i used Jynx back then in my earlier days. 

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Who're the two below Healer Corrin?

Athol

Aka the my most hated Kaga lead, and really down there when it comes to "FE" for me

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I thought Frosslass was the Yuki Onna Pokémon.

They basically both are, but Jynx has a lot more traditional design, which sparked a ton of controversy for obvious reasons, so they tried the concept again, but with a more abstract pokemon like design the second time around.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

You say that like I have any idea what the fuck a Gradlon is.

Sounds like a corruption of "Gridiron" to me. Must be an armored brawler class that only one country cares hugely about.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You achieved Teeheevana

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

> gamer Yuki-onna

*critical hit.mp3*

A nerd's dream- when you find a spouse material who shares the exact same nerdy interest. The sparks of attraction that fly from that.😛

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Inevitable KOS-MOS coming up!

Definitely a dagger user, not so sure of the other weapon types. Maybe some good light magic too (I need to finish XS to determine if that's appropriate though). Also, counts as an armored unit regardless of class, being an android and all.

Though it'd be nice to get some other Monolith characters. Why not Kalas and Xelha for mount-free fliers? KOS-MOS already costs a Namco licensing agreement, BK is no worse. And Xiaomu ought to fit into FE no probs.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

But hey, at least the gay options seem to be more this time around.

😍

...Actually I'm not all that interested for once.🤨 Which doesn't surprise me. I didn't really care in Fates or 3H.

Maybe it's just because of how I played those two games. Or maybe it's because I really haven't exactly warmed up to avatars in Fire Emblem. They exist, they're here to stay outside of remakes, I don't have a problem acknowledging that or letting others enjoy it, but I don't positively associate FE with avatars.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Since i have free access at UCF's gym, i should start going more seriously.

I did have a gym membership some years ago, or rather someone else did and I was always their free guest.

Gyms are nice in that once you muster the will to get there, you will exercise. It's a positive instance of the sunk cost fallacy.

And yes, do take advantage of the "free" services that come with a university. "Free" in that you're paying tuition, so anything but free. You won't have those benefits forever!

4 hours ago, Benice said:

That's amazing! Habits form best when done every day, so that's a really big stride to take.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Just getting in the habit of exercising is a huge step. Congratulations, and hopefully you stick with it!

Which is exactly why I'm trying to do it daily. I have the luxury of a lackadaisical life, so I can make time for it no problem, and should. -But that hasn't stopped me from not doing it enough before. I'm afraid that as soon as I skip a day, all this effort will have gone to waste and I'll slip back into a "maybe once every three days" laziness at best. I don't want to stop until I feel its instinctual and becomes something I can't do without doing.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

This thread is a bloody minefield at the minute too. No way in hell will spoiler policy hold by Friday, I think I will have to withdraw now. Which is a shame because I still have more engage edits.

If you can't resist the temptation, I understand your strategical withdrawal. Have fun with Engage when the awaited day arrives!

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Athol

Aka the my most hated Kaga lead, and really down there when it comes to "FE" for me

I also asked about bottom right (True anarchist)

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you can't resist the temptation, I understand your strategical withdrawal. Have fun with Engage when the awaited day arrives!

I feel like I can, I have so far.

What I can't expect is everyone else be ironclad in keeping to it for the next 4 days at least, never mind beyond.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yes, do take advantage of the "free" services that come with a university. "Free" in that you're paying tuition, so anything but free. You won't have those benefits forever!

I need to not say regret, but it's true.

Watched this for an assignment today.

Buster Keaton had irl plot-armor, no other explanation for how he didn't kill himself doing half these stunts. He even broke his neck in this one! And didn't find out until years later!

dIkg2AS.jpg

And this, my friend, is why I dislike avatars.

Xenoblade X's avatar clears.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why not Kalas and Xelha for mount-free fliers? KOS-MOS already costs a Namco licensing agreement, BK is no worse

Sagi and Milly would be more likely, since Nintendo has direct rights to Origins.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nah even after i graduate, as long as my card hasn't expired yet, i can go into the gym for free.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I also tend to like Ghost types more than psychic types, so....

Ghost-Types are pretty cool

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or maybe it's because I really haven't exactly warmed up to avatars in Fire Emblem.

Be like me: don't think of them as avatars or self inserts, but as their own character.

That's what i do with any suppossed "Self insert" anyway. Even Silent ones i build a character of them with how people interact with them (which usually turns out to be quite accurate by  lore and side material)

There's always an element of role playing yes (even non avatar ones tbh), but rather than the character being me, i try to view the game from the view point of the character (i built in my head in case of "silent" ones).

It's also why i am super chill with Silent MCs, and prefer them to MCs i hate but talk xD

Like i think i would've liked Corn much more if they were silent

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

nerd's dream- when you find a spouse material who shares the exact same nerdy interest. The sparks of attraction that fly from that.😛

Heh

It's more the Yuki-Onna part for me tho xD

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

also asked about bottom right (True anarchist)

MCV - Mobile construction Vehicle, builds and repairs building in Command and Conquer.

...yeah RTS, but still strategy, so...

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ghost-Types are pretty cool

Umu

I think Ice, Ghost and Water are my fav. Types.

And ah yes that battle

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Be like me: don't think of them as avatars or self inserts, but as their own character.

That's what i do with any suppossed "Self insert" anyway. Even Silent ones i build a character of them with how people interact with them (which usually turns out to be quite accurate by  lore and side material)

There's always an element of role playing yes (even non avatar ones tbh), but rather than the character being me, i try to view the game from the view point of the character (i built in my head in case of "silent" ones).

It's also why i am super chill with Silent MCs, and prefer them to MCs i hate but talk xD

Like i think i would've liked Corn much more if they were silent

On the subject of Alear, the box actually refers to them by name. So Alear is a lot more closer to Link than Cross, as a comparison.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And ah yes that battle

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Byleth can't do that, that's why Byleth's the worst. Imagine a Byleth that got to express their personality with dialogue that reflected it. Then watch it go down the alternate timeline that never happened.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

MCV - Mobile construction Vehicle, builds and repairs building in Command and Conquer.

...yeah RTS, but still strategy, so...

Well that's a combat anarchist alright.

If you can't have villagers I guess a vehicle that builds will make do.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Cue piano-playing Garchomp.

Oh look an excuse to link this again

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the subject of Alear, the box actually refers to them by name. So Alear is a lot more closer to Link than Cross, as a comparison.

Alear, from impressions, honestly feels more like a full MC with avatar shoved in for romance peeps

Spoiler

Doubly tho if the romance rumors are true

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yuuuup. There're some compilation videos out there for this fight. Pretty fun watch 🍿