Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

How are y'all feeling in first Engage Monday?

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

if he was playable and had actual supports, it would be less obvious, you'd grow fonder of him naturally and his death would hit a lot harder.

And then people would cry about losing a unit they invested into

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Alfred sucks

facts

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I legit enjoy it more unironically. Who needs story when you have Sommie? Little guy makes me smile everytime.

first things I  do after clearing a map is go straight to somniel to feed Sommie with some orange

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

facts

the curse of permadeath is to blame.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

facts

at least his support is dumb funny. not as good as ma man Louis tho

Louis is really the MVP of firene. good support, good unit, heck everytime he cook, its always good rating. last time it was extra bonus of stats worth of 2-3 levels, but for female only lmao

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I took a day off. Wahaha.

...then I went out with my dad, but it is fine. Had churros with chocolate.

My hack's reception has proven to me people don't mind that as much as one'd think.

facts

How dare you, Alfredo is the coolest princeling. Of the ones outside Solm.

40 minutes ago, joevar said:

first things I  do after clearing a map is go straight to somniel to feed Sommie with some orange

I was saying it before the game's release and I was not wrong: he is the best character in the game.

40 minutes ago, joevar said:

at least his support is dumb funny. not as good as ma man Louis tho

Louis is really the MVP of firene. good support, good unit, heck everytime he cook, its always good rating. last time it was extra bonus of stats worth of 2-3 levels, but for female only lmao

I benched him for Jade lololorolol

33 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ch11 spoilers

Hide contents

Ix1DQa6.png

LMAO

Spoiler

Fate challenging intensifies

Okay, that's actually complete bullshit.

Spoiler

I knock one healtbar from Hortensia, just because Etie is a badass who can do it in one round and she had her 1 HP clones to distract her on EP. And what happens? Four ambush spawns come out. Half my army had already waited, there was absolutely nothing I could've done. So I lost Etie, just like that.

You disappoint me, Engage. I would've thought you'd know better.

For the non-spoiler box opening folks: there are ambush spawns in this game. In only one very specific place in chapter 14, that I've seen so far, but they're there and it's really fucking bad. I really thought this game knew better than that.

Welp, good thing I'm using saves, otherwise this would've been extremely upsetting. Not that it's an excuse - this is the exact kind lf thing people worry about when turnwheels are confirmed to exist. How disappointing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In only one very specific place in chapter 14, that I've seen so far, but they're there and it's really fucking bad. I really thought this game knew better than that.

Rip

Every FE really needs to have that glaring mistake it seems

Well, i will hopefully reach ch14 today to see how bad it is...

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Man's struggling so hard he went back to the previous chapter.

When you're out of pulses but you still have to go back

"Still don't get it, do you? You've been sent to this place because you've bit it, bub!" -Hortensia

7 hours ago, Green06 said:

Gant is an old man with a beard, you were doomed from the start

Are you saying the Judge has been secretly evil all along? Though on the topic of beards, in The Great Ace Attorney 2

Spoiler

there are two evil beardmen, both of whom are judges. So it seems Rubenio can't win even in spinoffs.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for my answer.

I just finished Chapter 6, so I'm not sure if I should read this yet.

Then again, given the Emblem that is at the core of this bullshit moment, I suppose bad game design is pretty appropriate.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Rip

Every FE really needs to have that glaring mistake it seems

Well, i will hopefully reach ch14 today to see how bad it is...

It's so weird. The entire game so far is superbly designed, and then there's one, very specific place where it goes "okay fuck you, use a time crystal charge" for God knows what reason.

I mean, if it's just this one goof I can forgive it. I forgive Berwick for capture and the snow map. It's fine, nobody is perfect.

I simply hope this does not become habit. Because then we'll have a problem

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Are you saying the Judge has been secretly evil all along? Though on the topic of beards, in The Great Ace Attorney 2

Hide contents

there are two evil beardmen, both of whom are judges. So it seems Rubenio can't win even in spinoffs.

Spoiler

I mean, don't get me wrong, Gant is still one of my favorite AA characters, and Jigoku was pretty good despite his lack of screentime.

But yeah. I have no luck when it comes to this.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I just finished Chapter 6, so I'm not sure if I should read this yet.

Well, my answer is no less speculatory than yours. Though I do think it's pretty obvious where this is going, and Engage doesn't like taking risks in its storytelling.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hen again, given the Emblem that is at the core of this bullshit moment, I suppose bad game design is pretty appropriate

Ah lmao

ya know, i am wondering why this is the first time i hear of this? Did you do something for it to trigger like that or something/some kinda bug?

Well, i will see when i reach there.... If i can beat Ike today that is xD

WHAT

Spoiler

FUCK YOU GAME

The Queen lived, is perfectly fine and even said she has a lot of "relatives" who can take care of things, and that if things get hairy, she can "leave a double" and wander the land.

...but she won't join. Of course. For a moment I almost thought I was mistaken about her, but nope. Coolest design is NPC all the way. Sigh.

At least she lives. For now. That's impressive enough.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ah lmao

ya know, i am wondering why this is the first time i hear of this? Did you do something for it to trigger like that or something/some kinda bug?

I took one health bar from the boss. It was very much intended, to show one particular little gimmick. There was even a tutorial box. Problem is, the way they went about it can leave you without options very easily. You'll see.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Good luck with that. Haven't checked it out myself, yet.

damn no one liked my beautiful chapter 10 summary

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, won't go into detail obviously, but there's a moment in Azure Moon that is super infuriating.

Isn’t Jeralt’s death the only time they use divine pulse?

Alfred sucks, that's the lesson here.

40n7Q0x.jpg

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Painful. My master tactics have to wait for an entire school day.

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

When you're out of pulses but you still have to go back

This is funny.

It was very much intended, to show one particular little gimmick.

Seems like 3H just wants to annoy you even in other games xD

Good luck with that. Haven't checked it out myself, yet.

ty ty

Might be a bit easier for you since you are doing it a bit later, but still, don't undestimate the chapter.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Painful. My master tactics have to wait for an entire school day

yeah still got 3-4 hours of work here and all i can think about is Engage

Heck i even have the prep theme playing all day lmao

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wow... we are still at the same point in the game, that's amazing!

It has been rescued from lost media hell.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hyacinth’s AI seems to prioritize making clones over attacking, so if you kill them all every turn he won’t attack you and you can just stall him like that, though that would take forever. I didn’t want to risk being wrong on that guess and him wiping one of my units off the face of the earth, though, so I just planned for every enemy phase like he could and would attack. But there might be some cheese here.

Yeah that's exactly the cheese. Man didn't even attack once in my run.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I've yet to play FF7, I wonder if I'd like that.

Take it from somebody who tried to play it because "it's FF7": only play it if you genuinely want to. Because I played it as "homework" and I ended up dropping it at Gold Saucer.

legit enjoy it more unironically. Who needs story when you have Sommie? Little guy makes me smile everytime.

It is a very chill place.

I know now Gust wasn't involved at all but the music and aesthetic of Somniel really does make it feel like it came out of an Atelier game.

FE4 remake 

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ok so um.....I didn't encounter this.

Spoiler

I mean I didn't even realize they were ambush spawns because I took that portion of the map cautiously. Baited the Hounds and then when they were done, took a turn to rest, then baited Hortensia. Then she did her funny Enrage mode thing but it wasn't a huge threat.

Engage is really entertaining to me! I don’t know how much of that is from new content or just the fact that they brought back so many of my favorite characters. Some of the new stuff is cringe but so far it’s still really worth my money. 

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My master tactics have to wait for an entire school day.

Same haha. 

Honestly, I was really surprised that maddening mode wasn’t as hard as I expected. I remember when I played on the hardest settings in fates and awakening it took forever to get past like the second battle. 

Spoiler

w1fgVbdq_o.jpg

I now hate Three Houses slightly less.

Which considering the hatred increased from the BS moment... Yeah. Thanks for this at least, you fucking shithead.

Vey minor spoilers of an Emblem's skill

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

damn no one liked my beautiful chapter 10 summary

I missed it lol

That's beautiful tho. You can really tell when someone's proud of their strategy because they sit and write three paragraphs about it.

Isn’t Jeralt’s death the only time they use divine pulse?

Spoiler

Yes, and that is exactly the problem. Why don't you save Rodrigue, Professor? What's wrong with you?

40n7Q0x.jpg

That's a good Sooks.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Seems like 3H just wants to annoy you even in other games xD

I like how you're just assuming it's Byleth from my snark.

ty ty

Might be a bit easier for you since you are doing it a bit later, but still, don't undestimate the chapter.

Duly noted!

yeah still got 3-4 hours of work here and all i can think about is Engage

Heck i even have the prep theme playing all day lmao

F

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok so um.....I didn't encounter this.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean I didn't even realize they were ambush spawns because I took that portion of the map cautiously. Baited the Hounds and then when they were done, took a turn to rest, then baited Hortensia. Then she did her funny Enrage mode thing but it wasn't a huge threat.

Spoiler

She wasn't coming down, so I went at her. I had zero reason to expect shenanigans, so I had Etie remove one bar just because she could.

Very unfair, that I am punished for NOT turtling.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They’re all a million spaces away and Hycainth moves the second you kill the first boss.

But he still prioritizes his clones.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

She wasn't coming down, so I went at her. I had zero reason to expect shenanigans, so I had Etie remove one bar just because she could.

Very unfair, that I am punished for NOT turtling

Spoiler

It's not even turtling, it's just that I realized she gained mov after using her Break staff and because bosses in this game move unless otherwise specified, I was like "ok she's gonna move" so I put Panette in her furthest range.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's beautiful tho. You can really tell when someone's proud of their strategy because they sit and write three paragraphs about it.

Yes, thank you very much. Feed my ego.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, and that is exactly the problem. Why don't you save Rodrigue, Professor? What's wrong with you?

Engage chapter 10

Spoiler

That’s why I don’t like that they’re bringing up the time Crystal in the plot again, because now we’re running into this issue again. It’s understandable because this time the protagonist didn’t just get it handed to them like Byleth did, they stole it from an antagonist.

This is why it should’ve been some random divine dragon power that’s never touched on again.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But he still prioritizes his clones.

But how do you get more than two units there that quickly?

ch.13 did they just..

Spoiler

gives me flashback to FE6 desert map with these duo idiot bandit sibling? lmao

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, that's actually complete bullshit.

Reveal hidden contents

I knock one healtbar from Hortensia, just because Etie is a badass who can do it in one round and she had her 1 HP clones to distract her on EP. And what happens? Four ambush spawns come out. Half my army had already waited, there was absolutely nothing I could've done. So I lost Etie, just like that.

You disappoint me, Engage. I would've thought you'd know better.

For the non-spoiler box opening folks: there are ambush spawns in this game. In only one very specific place in chapter 14, that I've seen so far, but they're there and it's really fucking bad. I really thought this game knew better than that.

Welp, good thing I'm using saves, otherwise this would've been extremely upsetting. Not that it's an excuse - this is the exact kind lf thing people worry about when turnwheels are confirmed to exist. How disappointing.

im not even opening the spoiler box, but i still consider the text below it spoiler-y. its not ambush spawn if i already anticipate it. :angry:

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

40n7Q0x.jpg

you playthru seems anti-mainstream that alfred not suck, while Yunaka is, kek

my yunaka even had better  DEF than alfred before i try to promote him lol