Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

UCF sent me $300 again and i also got my paycheck today

hqx7okmi64c11.gif?width=376&height=391

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Is it RNG or does it depend on your unit? I noticed once you start to leave the area he leaves as well

Big problem: he arrives at the place you can damage him the last, so sloooog

Well he only teleported twice for me. Once to the middle and then again to the spot where you can damage him.

I fully expected him to warp to all the other points first so i guess i just lucked out.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's exactly what happened to me

Yeah so either it's RNG (likely) or you can influence it.

.....if i had a nickel for every FE DLC final boss that had an RNG gimmick, i'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened twice.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Could also be difficulty. You played on Normal, no?

Yeah but this doesn't seem tied to difficulty. It's too specific.

Guys, i have made an unfortunate discovery. It turns out, not all Atelier games have the little conversation blurbs in the encyclopedia. In fact, it was only a thing in the Mysterious games and also Lulua. 

But i did find this when i booted up Rorona real quick to check and tbf, it's one of the funniest enemy descriptions ever

FtEu6iVaUAAyKLo?format=jpg&name=large

This is the last time generic human enemies are ever fought in the series.

But no, i still miss the conversation blurbs when looking up stuff. I'm sad. I hope Marie Remake has it. Please Gust.

Also

That ending was lol

Infact, the story of the FX was quite a letdown tbh, and i wasn't expecting much, nor do i truly care about it much ngl...

Just...it doesn't fit Engage?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well he only teleported twice for me. Once to the middle and then again to the spot where you can damage him.

I fully expected him to warp to all the other points first so i guess i just lucked out.

That also happened exactly to me. Perhaps it is tied to difficulty or so?

Then again, it probably does depend on where your units are. I had most of my team at the top when he warped there, but mostly on the southwest area when he teleported to the middle. Unless the area zone borders meant otherwise.

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also

That ending was lol

Infact, the story of the FX was quite a letdown tbh, and i wasn't expecting much, nor do i truly care about it much ngl...

Well, you know, Mirror World.

That's what I think too. It feels like those darker and edgier fanfics one would write as a response to Engage, except it's official.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It feels like those darker and edgier fanfics one would write as a response to Engage, except it's official.

Yh lol

That, and well, it could've worked if it was set late/post game instead an unexplainable time zone midgame

Spoiler

Alear being a Fell dragon and the mirror verse DD could've been an interesting contrast

Veyle's presence would've helped the story, considering her relation to...everything

Also the whold world being already ded kinda works against the story

And Nel makes no sense

Also Alear had some stoopid monents there lol

55 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also

That ending was lol

They had a multiverse idea and just went with the most basic conclusion.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh lol

That, and well, it could've worked if it was set late/post game instead an unexplainable time zone midgame

Reveal hidden contents

Alear being a Fell dragon and the mirror verse DD could've been an interesting contrast

Veyle's presence would've helped the story, considering her relation to...everything

And Nel makes no sense

I think half it's problems are to account for when you do it in relation to the main story.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh lol

And of course, it also decide to go the extra mile in making you think it won't. Like, at least up to the ending of Xenologue 3, things do look like they will go in one direction... and then it goes "lol nope" and turns 180 so hard.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hide contents

And Nel makes no sense

I think it's outright implied it happens the moment it unlocks.

Alear doesn't recognize the non-Zelestia Winds, so it's definitely pre Chapter 10 at the least. And the comments about "this is how X is in my world instead" pretty much stop after Firene. Which is, rightly, after doing Chapter 6, when the FX unlocks.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Another three battles (up to and including 9) completed, the heroes have finally made Earthfall, even if the Moon seems to have been the intended destination initially. Spending all this time in space has felt different, a little strange thank goodness UC ain't around as I espouse such Earthnoid views. Setting aside 30 b/c of its different structure, AP could be very Earthy at the start, particularly if you picked Super and opted to leave the Argama, but it didn't have to be. Again comparing to AP, the tone feels more serious so far. Not to ignore the rabbit Yurika scene in J, nor the Mars incident and Gato nuke in AP, but the situation seems bleaker overall in J, and the heroes themselves have been feeling the pressure and enemy pursuits more. Akatsuki's portrayal is different too along these lines, in AP, he was a schemer, but a pretty pathetic one, and treated rather comically. In J, Akatsuki has been much more serious and caught up in giving lessons on the realties of war. Leaves me curious how J compares with its immediate GBA predecessor- D the purportedly darker SRW.

Things have been kept very Real too, the two Tekkaman skirmishes aside. Mazinger and Combattler have been much appreciated as units to give me a drop of gameplay Super, but they might as well be nameless mercenaries narratively (which makes some sense, space is something of the domain of the Real). The SEED storyline so far caught me with the hostage situation, that was unusual and I suppose plays into the old Gundam message I am told- "war is hell". The ladies of the Archangel haven't begun the nicest (although I sense improvement due to the kind-natured heroes on the Nadesico affecting them. Still weird seeing Yurika be regarded as the veteran authority when she was so firmly Bright's junior in AP). Considering UC and Wing have the Gundams almost exclusively in heroic hands (Psycho, GP02, and some-of-the-time Altron aside), to see SEED's X-series mostly stolen first thing wasn't what I was expecting. "How shall I get and how many?", I ponder.

Tekkaman Blade has a pretty nice sprite I must say, well animated too. Favoritism b/c debut game and plus needing to make the sprite from scratch? A repair cost of 16k though, thats only 2k less than the Nadesico, geez! Can't afford to lose this fragile little power suit for sure. Now that I'm on Earth, I'm expecting the Super presence is going to grow real soon. That ought to be nice, because I'm a slightly tired of how slow the roster has grown -although I know this game is over 40 battles per playthrough, it has plenty of time to get bigger. Even the Archangel is basically begging for an actual crew. (The ship looks like I could install treads on the underside and make it a land battleship as an aside.)

It's starting to get late, but I see my laptop has finished recharging. SRW has me wanting for more, maybe I can squeeze in another battle or two before hitting the sack.🥱

And Slogra and Gaibon defeated.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another three battles (up to and including 9) completed, the heroes have finally made Earthfall, even if the Moon seems to have been the intended destination initially. Spending all this time in space has felt different, a little strange thank goodness UC ain't around as I espouse such Earthnoid views. Setting aside 30 b/c of its different structure, AP could be very Earthy at the start, particularly if you picked Super and opted to leave the Argama, but it didn't have to be. Again comparing to AP, the tone feels more serious so far. Not to ignore the rabbit Yurika scene in J, nor the Mars incident and Gato nuke in AP, but the situation seems bleaker overall in J, and the heroes themselves have been feeling the pressure and enemy pursuits more. Akatsuki's portrayal is different too along these lines, in AP, he was a schemer, but a pretty pathetic one, and treated rather comically. In J, Akatsuki has been much more serious and caught up in giving lessons on the realties of war. Leaves me curious how J compares with its immediate GBA predecessor- D the purportedly darker SRW.

Oh yeah, in AP taking the right routes you could not see space until Chapter... 22? Around there definitely, heh.

And yeah, J is certainly a bit dire in those parts. I think D is still the darker one of the two, at least if comparing their initial segments. Mainly since it employs Victory Gundam, as well as taking place during CCA, so everything before is actually unchanged, but also the events of CCA go even worse than in the movie. So yeah.

Things have been kept very Real too, the two Tekkaman skirmishes aside. Mazinger and Combattler have been much appreciated as units to give me a drop of gameplay Super, but they might as well be nameless mercenaries narratively (which makes some sense, space is something of the domain of the Real). The SEED storyline so far caught me with the hostage situation, that was unusual and I suppose plays into the old Gundam message I am told- "war is hell". The ladies of the Archangel haven't begun the nicest (although I sense improvement due to the kind-natured heroes on the Nadesico affecting them. Still weird seeing Yurika be regarded as the veteran authority when she was so firmly Bright's junior in AP). Considering UC and Wing have the Gundams almost exclusively in heroic hands (Psycho, GP02, and some-of-the-time Altron aside), to see SEED's X-series mostly stolen first thing wasn't what I was expecting. "How shall I get and how many?", I ponder.

The first route split is gonna basically be that. Keep with the current tone or switch. Though since you're going for the non-GZ secrets, you're pretty much gonna stick to what you have for now, heh.

I can't speak for Wing, but in the UC it's mostly that for some reason only the Federation seems to name them Gundams. Gundams are called such because they're Mobile Suits made with the Luna Titanium alloy, created specifically to build the first Gundam, as in, the RX-78-2. After the One Year War, Amuro's exploits with the Gundam made the alloy to be renamed to Gundarium. After that, the rest of the MS's built with the alloy would be called Gundam. Or at least, Federation-backed ones.

Despite Neo Zeon and other factions making use of the alloy too, they just never felt like naming them Gundams. Since, again, it was Amuro which led to the whole Gundarium/Gundams thing.

If I recall, it's because Yurika has been captain for longer, so she has seniority. Even if, it's not that much longer since the warp time-skip skipped a lot of the time between her captainship and that of the others.

Tekkaman Blade has a pretty nice sprite I must say, well animated too. Favoritism b/c debut game and plus needing to make the sprite from scratch? A repair cost of 16k though, thats only 2k less than the Nadesico, geez! Can't afford to lose this fragile little power suit for sure. Now that I'm on Earth, I'm expecting the Super presence is going to grow real soon. That ought to be nice, because I'm a slightly tired of how slow the roster has grown -although I know this game is over 40 battles per playthrough, it has plenty of time to get bigger. Even the Archangel is basically begging for an actual crew. (The ship looks like I could install treads on the underside and make it a land battleship as an aside.)

I'd say so. Also since, again, this is the last GBA game and they had years to perfect them.

It's like 52, actually! And some of them come in two parts, so the game is even longer still in the number of actual maps.

Why not wheels like the Zanscare Adrasteas? XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, off to the Marble Gallery.

Alright, made that detour back to the Entrance area to open up the passage and... ha! Managed to make that jump to get into that room with the Life Vial!

I was expecting it, but the door to the Cursed Prison indeed isn't there. Yep, port of the Dracula X Chronicles iteration alright.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

I did always find it weird how they made a Gravity Rush 2 but there was never a Gravity Rush 1.

The first one is somehow more expensive than this.

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't help on whether to power level or not. Although, I did find the game surprisingly difficult, despite a lot of people calling it easy. IDK.

The majority of FF games are easy, but in some you need first to understand the system before you can break it.

Vaan- 

• Shikari b/c daggers are thief weapons and wannabe sky pirate.
  • Maybe Uhlan? -Not sure if it really fits, but I'm typing out these out of order, and it's one of three I haven't used up yet.

I used Uhlan Vaan when I played the PS2 version a bit, but I didn't like it very much, as he couldn't take much hits.

Penelo-

• Time Battlemage? Her FFTA2 Dancer job can inflict debuffs, including Slow.
  • Monk as a secondary if using FFTA2 as the inspiration, b/c it can wield poles. Gives her some more White Magick too as she joins with the lvl 1 stuff.

It's an interesting one. I was planning to make someone a White Mage/Monk to honor my Lena in FFV.

Ashe-

• Am I the only one who thinks she looks like Yuna? White Mage.

No, and I wish the writers took advantage of these similarities. Maybe making Vaan a Tidus would've saved the cast and the story of this game.

Fran-

• Archer, as she starts with bows.
  • She does start with Black Magic too, so Black Mage is a possibly.

I was going to make her a Red Mage because she comes with Cure, Fire, and Thunder which are spells Red Mage normally lacks.

12 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Do it PS2 IZJS style with only 1 job each char then!

B-but I only bought the remaster because I wanted to experiment combo classes...

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My first encounter with the Gundam SEED group was nothing remarkable, but nothing bad either. SEED doing a different spin on Earth vs. Space and a related human divide than UC makes it sound like a middle-of-the-road or perhaps even conservative deviation from the Gundam's origin point.

SEED's first half is just an inferior rehash of the original Gundam's plot beats. As all AUs, it was made to bring new people in.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SEED looks like it provides some good human vs. human conflict on Earth and in Earth's orbit.

>SEED

>Good conflict

Just wait until Kira becomes Jesus

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1s9BCEXMAEGBuF?format=jpg&name=900x900

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is why I haven't attempted to mod my 3DS. Too scared to ruin it.

Literally impossible unless you're an inept who never touched eletronics before.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another three battles (up to and including 9) completed

At this rate you'll overtake me tomorrow. Damn, I really need to get back to playing it, don't I?

Edited by Newtype06

8 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:
SEED's first half is just an inferior rehash of the original Gundam's plot beats. As all AUs, it was made to bring new people in.

>SEED

>Good conflict

Don't worry, it's SRW. If they can make SEED Destiny actually good...

Good thing for the Jewel Knuckles. Now onto the Long Library!

Okay, bought the Jewel of Open, and I'm now at the Underground Caverns. Will Save and stop for tonight.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Did scenario 10 burning the midnight oil. The Devil in the desert, not sure what I think of that. Deserts are practically barren of life, but then restoring devastated land was the DG's original purpose as the UG (not like it matters now that it has been corrupted). The presence of the Radam forest was coincidentally of note- the corrupted Gundam near alien flora, coincidental I'm certain for now, but an interesting juxtaposition. I do NOT remember its MAP attack being so big in AP, that was much worse than it's expected HP Regen; managed to destroy it with Combattler.

Dancouga is totally new to me, since I didn't get that Expansion Pack for SRW30. Design seems vaguely similar to GGG. Armor looks a little low, but it has big damage available now, which I like.

As for the advancement in the Original plot, since I haven't actually seen it before, it doesn't catch my interest the way AP's did. With that, my analytics circuit was constantly drawing comparison with OG2 to see what stayed the same and what chanced, since Moon Dwellers is out of reach, I can't do the same here. Yet I am thankful for J for letting me glimpse in gist what a glimmer of what I've missed out on. Now I get the first taste of the Larseilam effect -if only in story. I've a vague awareness that it'll be annoying in gameplay once the Fury are actually fought. I'm aware that in MD they're what led the R duo to field the Time Flow Engines again, as a countermeasure. Lastly, I did read a comment saying Shu apparently eggs on Fury enemies in his combat dialogue to use their Larseilam against him. Never short on self-confidence in being able to outsmart your enemies, are you?

If it weren't for the fact I'm planning my two playthroughs around the Great Z secret, and saving the GZ for the second, I would've gone with the Nadesico at this first route split. I'm sacrificing the security of most of my strongest units for a handful of less than amazing ones by heading with the Archangel. Hopefully this means some new recruits real soon.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

but also the events of CCA go even worse than in the movie.

"go even worse", not words I'd usually associate with SRW.😆

Despite Neo Zeon and other factions making use of the alloy too, they just never felt like naming them Gundams. Since, again, it was Amuro which led to the whole Gundarium/Gundams thing.

Fair point.

Why not wheels like the Zanscare Adrasteas? XD

Well, wheels could fit under them albeit not on the Zanscare scale.

image.png

Look carefully and you'll notice wheels under the front of the legs.

This is probably what made me have the thought. Just the drive mode of the Mastema model of Skell.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

>SEED

>Good conflict

At the least, it'll be contrast.😄 Something can be of value by not being other things. Which is to say, not being a storyline laden with the stuff of super robot stories. -That's the cynical, yet positive spin I'll throw out there -that applies to SRW specifically and not necessarily anywhere else.

Soooo that Flay girl who secretly prays Kira dies in battle (I had to do a double-take to make sure I was reading her inner thought right) will turn out to be his Judas? Considering Judas didn't exactly outlive the one he backstabbed, that isn't a problem for me. The taste of her insidiousness pleases me not.

As all AUs, it was made to bring new people in.

Was Wing attempting to appeal to the J-pop boy band crowd? Because I heard someone criticize that cast as a bunch of boy band members, and now I can't quite unsee the feasibility of it.

At this rate you'll overtake me tomorrow. Damn, I really need to get back to playing it, don't I?

You needn't if you don't want to.😀

-And SRW is one of those select few video game series I can binge on to no end. Who needs to breathe-eat-bathe-sleep? I might as well be connected to one of those fancy cockpit systems that maximizes the pilot's combat capabilities without the slightest regard for their physical health and sanity.😑😡

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dancouga is totally new to me, since I didn't get that Expansion Pack for SRW30. Design seems vaguely similar to GGG. Armor looks a little low, but it has big damage available now, which I like.

Don't expect much from Dancougar here. Its source material in J is so minimal, it makes me wonder why it got added. Perhaps just as roster padding.

As for the advancement in the Original plot, since I haven't actually seen it before, it doesn't catch my interest the way AP's did. With that, my analytics circuit was constantly drawing comparison with OG2 to see what stayed the same and what chanced, since Moon Dwellers is out of reach, I can't do the same here. Yet I am thankful for J for letting me glimpse in gist what a glimmer of what I've missed out on. Now I get the first taste of the Larseilam effect -if only in story. I've a vague awareness that it'll be annoying in gameplay once the Fury are actually fought. I'm aware that in MD they're what led the R duo to field the Time Flow Engines again, as a countermeasure. Lastly, I did read a comment saying Shu apparently eggs on Fury enemies in his combat dialogue to use their Larseilam against him. Never short on self-confidence in being able to outsmart your enemies, are you?

The Larseilam is the one which freezes up their foes, right? I think I can say this now, but you don't have to worry on the gameplay side of things, if I recall. If anything, its gameplay ties are to justify the "If OG character is defeated, it's Game Over". Since the OG mech is the only one on the heroes' side that can cancel the effect, so then if it's defeated... well, Game Over.

If it weren't for the fact I'm planning my two playthroughs around the Great Z secret, and saving the GZ for the second, I would've gone with the Nadesico at this first route split. I'm sacrificing the security of most of my strongest units for a handful of less than amazing ones by heading with the Archangel. Hopefully this means some new recruits real soon.

Oh, don't worry about that. Both routes serve to introduce just about the rest of the roster, series-wise. And as you may have noticed, barring Nadesico being on the other side, it's basically a classic Real-Super split.

"go even worse", not words I'd usually associate with SRW.😆

Well, kinda. Since you won't be playing that one any time soon, I'll explain.

In the continuity of D, the Organization of the Zodiac of Gundam Wing was successful in taking over the Earth Federation. As a result, Londo Bell never gets formed, and in fact, Char ends up taking Bright and Amuro prisoners. Meanwhile, Neo Zeon has allied with Zechs/Milliard's White Fang group (also from Gundam Wing), and together they find little resistance to enact the Axis Drop.

If it wasn't for the Ruina sealing off the Earth, Char would've gotten to do the Axis Drop. Still, it's not much of a silver lining considering, you know, the planet got cut off from the rest of space. Which then leads to what was certainly a unique oddity at the time. The hero group being a Neo Zeon / OZ alliance, alongside the other standard heroic factions from the various series.

Well, wheels could fit under them albeit not on the Zanscare scale.

image.png

Look carefully and you'll notice wheels under the front of the legs.

This is probably what made me have the thought. Just the drive mode of the Mastema model of Skell.

Hahaha, drivable battleships are certainly a concept.

To be fair, the Adrasteas only had the ridiculously giant wheels due to operation High Roller... and that the captain had an obsession with motorbikes.

Soooo that Flay girl who secretly prays Kira dies in battle (I had to do a double-take to make sure I was reading her inner thought right) will turn out to be his Judas? Considering Judas didn't exactly outlive the one he backstabbed, that isn't a problem for me. The taste of her insidiousness pleases me not.

I suppose it may perhaps surprise you how her characterization does get to change a bit in other SRW's? Or at least her fate.

Was Wing attempting to appeal to the J-pop boy band crowd? Because I heard someone criticize that cast as a bunch of boy band members, and now I can't quite unsee the feasibility of it.

And the Yaoi Fangirls.