Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

An easy battle done, and more importantly, Coustwell Brachium! I've been yearning to see what the upgraded design looks like. Shoulder pad knuckle drones, flurries of fists and feet, afterimages that pack a punch, it's a little taste of the Zweizergain yet distinct from it. I love it!😁 New music is lovely too. So, whyyyyyyyy does O Brachium Finish have a mere 4100 power?😦 The base Granteed has 4300 on its strongest attack. Tekkaman Blade was permitted 5000 with its new Blaster form and even the base Voltekka that's been around for forever is 4000. Why'd you screw this up Banpresto, you were so close to perfection! The Coustwell might be dodgy medium-sized, but face it, you made a Super and it should have super-duper power.

Hm? The Coustwell is actually a Real, best I recall. Perhaps a bit more hybrid, but leans more to Real.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Getting the Greimkaiser, it's nice the two pilots lived, but the stats on the unit are... downright bad. It doesn't reach even 3500 attack. Should've had a team attack with Eiji. Further proof that some SRW secrets are more niceties and about saving people from certain death, than hidden sources of supreme power. -Well, once you discount stuff like Thrudgelmir and Betterman Cataphract. SRW is nice enough to give you enough strength to finish any playthrough, the story arcs of every game demands it. 

Heh, yeah, not everyone can be stellar. And that's why I said to still do Julia's recruitment steps as well. More for the story angle of having both survive than over their gameplay functions. I suppose it's more their Seishin Pools that makes them decent. And if I recall, you can switch the Layzner pilots around, not?

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? The Coustwell is actually a Real, best I recall. Perhaps a bit more hybrid, but leans more to Real.

The Coustwell is dodgy, so gameplay-Real. But stylistically?

Okay, the SPTs do have a Knuckle Shot, the Aestivalises their Distortion Punch/Gekigan Flare, R-1's T-Link Knuckle, but those are only a single punch attack in a wider arsenal. If a mech relies primarily on martial arts with hadokens and the occasional auxiliary weapon: Soulgain, Shining/God Gundam, Daimos, I thought that would be generally considered a form of Super. Do I have it wrong?

4 hours ago, Benice said:

There are so many museums here I'd want to visit if I came back...

I could give you advice on a few!😀 First tip- The Metropolitan Museum of Art is a behemoth and can readily devour most of a day, be well aware of that. Be ready to walk around and soak in millennia of humanity's artistic legacy from across the globe.

You won't see a lot Medieval European art in the Met either, much of it is relegated to its branch known as "the Cloisters" further north. I got there on a perfect cloudy, yet dry and warm Spring day as the museum's garden started to come alive, got treated to three wonderful tours by fortunate happenstance, quite possibly the best museum experience I've ever had.😊

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Coustwell is dodgy, so gameplay-Real. But stylistically?

Okay, the SPTs do have a Knuckle Shot, the Aestivalises their Distortion Punch/Gekigan Flare, R-1's T-Link Knuckle, but those are only a single punch attack in a wider arsenal. If a mech relies primarily on martial arts with hadokens and the occasional auxiliary weapon: Soulgain, Shining/God Gundam, Daimos, I thought that would be generally considered a form of Super. Do I have it wrong?

Amusingly, those cases it's due to those mechs having motion-tracking systems. The FMP mechs, despite being Reals, also have a more limited system. Hence the term Arm Slaves, since the pilot controls the mech's movements with their own. I guess it is a sign that Supers tend to use more the system, but still.

The new Tears of The Kingdom trailer erased most of my worries of the game being a glorified DLC as even with the same map it's clear the changes they are adding will more than outweigh the familiar scenery. They're full on embracing the sandbox aspect of Breath of The Wild which is very exciting to see, especially because I know it will lead to some crazy people doing some crazy shit.

Even with all that though I don't think it's worth 70 dollars, and the story setup appears to be the same it has always been which is a shame, but I'll probably still buy it anyway like the materialist I am.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You could play Disco Elysium, which I can just about guarantee you will enjoy. Or you could join Sooks in playing Triangle Strategy and making all the decisions I know you will make.

Or, alternatively, you could listen to someone else. You cannot say I don't give you choices.

I have all my suggestions in the backlogs, but at the end of the day it's a fucking coinflip on which reaches me and when or even if so...don't hold it against me if I never play a game.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All I know about CK is the incest.

Please do not make me incest. That is not one of my fetishes.

Well it is medieval dynasties...

...Which means it would be perfect for Fire Emblem!

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well it is medieval dynasties...

...Which means it would be perfect for Fire Emblem!

FE wishes it could hold a candle to CK, pft. XD

I couldn't find it, not in English at least, but there is even a 4-Koma where Sosuke and Domon switch mechs. Results are... well, the Arm Slave can't handle Domon's more complex Gundam Fighter's movements, so it got trashed trying to make a Shining Finger. And while Sosuke did fine adapting to the Gundam Fighter's more complex motion-tracking system, attempting to do a Shining Finger of his own... well, let's say the enemy wasted no time unlike him with shouting and posing and stuff. XD

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...But as long as this whoopsie wasn't did come at a most convenient moment, I think you're fine.😜

It came 2 turns before i was to finish the map lol

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- he stands at the crossroads.

yeah i saw

...i just hope Oshi no Ko quality doesn't dip, as Kaguya dipped hard when Oshi no Ko peaked

That's my fear

Nonetheless, i will most likely read it lol. I have been reading Aka stuff since IB

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Even with all that though I don't think it's worth 70 dollars

Why do so many people end up saying this? Judge the game after its been played. Xd

As I worried, in my laptop back at home the game runs worse. Noticeable FPS drops in the Somniel. Hey mom dad I'm never coming to visit you again I can't play Engage properly back home

...Meh, as long as the battle anims don't lag - which they don't seem to - I don't mind. Gameplay's where gameplay's at, after all. It's where Vandad punches people.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It's all kinds of weird. You would think the command would simply be performed with the A button, like Mario's Stomp. Why is it automatic? Especially if you can still prevent it from being triggered by intentionally screwing up the landing anyway.
His Mecha Koopas are also weird. If they end up in a part of the level they can't leave, they get stuck there forever. Normally you'd expect that in situations like this the game would either have them self-destruct after a few turns, allow the player to detonate them manually or simply despawn them once new ones are summoned. Instead they stay active until the end of the map, preventing Bowser from using the ability again.
I also haven't tried the fire upgrade yet, but I have to imagine it's a double-edged sword considering how unpredictable fire is. Bowser does not even have fire resistance build in.

I feel like Bowser suffered from cut corners. Still, just having him means a lot.

Yeah, Bowser's strange in this game. Feels oddly underpowered, for a massive guy with a bazooka.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Yes, she does have supports with her. Haven't seen them yet, though.

Or just not make them Corrupted, plain and simple. Alas, they wanted the FX to be as "ow the edge!" as possible.

Actually, I think it's stated Alt Hyacinth was actually the only royal to not die in the war. Not that it did him any good as he was then sacrificed for the Alt Sombron reviving ritual.

Veyle's thing was different from a Corrupted being forced to act in such way. Hers was the act of a compulsion spell (the helmet simply amplified the spell's power once Veyle begun to resist it), hence why she could fight it. Meanwhile, with the Corrupted it's like rewriting a behavior AI on a computer program, so likely not something you can just reset. At least, not without doing something extreme like killing them again. Still, having a (lasting) Corrupted party member would've been a neat idea.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can no longer edit the post. Something I forgot to add:

Hide contents

The funny thing about Hyacinth's behavior as a Corrupted, as well as Lumera's for that matter, is that Veyle herself says that it is the normal outcome for Corrupted to return as they were in life, in both mind and personality. You need to actually go out of your way to make them act different. Or not have enough power, as seen with Corrupted Morion, as Sombron brought him back when he had yet to recover his full strength. In this case, what they did with both Hyacinth and Lumera was simply made them loyal to Sombron. Hence why they acted "normal" or expectedly otherwise. If for the most part at least, since there was probably more tampering than that.

Which makes you think about the Alt Royals, huh. Then again, it's hard to say, since Rafal could've still done something to their behaviors after bringing them back the first time.

Spoiler

The thing is, Engage does not have a carefully crafted narrative and world where every little detail works together to create a delicate web of storytelling, and the slightest change has massive ramifications throughout the entire construct of the story. It's a pile of handwaves, excuses and contrivances lying on top of one another. They could very easily have changed "corruption is irreversible" to "no corrupted has ever recovered but it's not an impossibility" and the only thing that would've been different is that they could've given us a playable zombie and actually have fun with the setting, for once.

The worst consequence playable Hyacinth could've had is that they'd have to excuse Lumera not recovering as well. Or, maybe they could've had her join in the final chapter. It's an anniversary game, why not have a super powerful recruit that only exists for the final chapter - y'know, a recurring trope of the series this game was meant to celebrate? Vandad certainly feels like a return to form for the Jeigan. Why not have a classic Gotoh as well?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Play the HD remaster so that the text goes by faster so that the opening only last three hours instead of three hours and 30 minutes.

I've been thinking gamecube mostly because I don't want a Wii U game to take too much space on my computer.

8 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Why do so many people end up saying this? Judge the game after its been played. Xd

Unplug your head from internet discourse mode, I'm not "judging" the game, just engaging in healthy skepticism of a multi-million dollar corporation releasing the newest entry of one of it's biggest franchises. In the same way there's nothing wrong with hyping up a game for features you think are a plus, there's nothing wrong with early critique, as long as you accept for both that thoughts and opinions can and most likely will change post-release.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

The thing is, Engage does not have a carefully crafted narrative and world where every little detail works together to create a delicate web of storytelling, and the slightest change has massive ramifications throughout the entire construct of the story. It's a pile of handwaves, excuses and contrivances lying on top of one another. They could very easily have changed "corruption is irreversible" to "no corrupted has ever recovered but it's not an impossibility" and the only thing that would've been different is that they could've given us a playable zombie and actually have fun with the setting, for once.

The worst consequence playable Hyacinth could've had is that they'd have to excuse Lumera not recovering as well. Or, maybe they could've had her join in the final chapter. It's an anniversary game, why not have a super powerful recruit that only exists for the final chapter - y'know, a recurring trope of the series this game was meant to celebrate? Vandad certainly feels like a return to form for the Jeigan. Why not have a classic Gotoh as well?

Spoiler

Sure, it's not complex, but I feel it does not need to to be coherent. As it stands, I don't think there's really any discrepancy with what we learn about the Corrupted throughout the game. Only, ironically, with the FX is when it starts to be incoherent. But then, it's a different world, so it can be handwaved with that.

Oh yeah, that was some big potential. Lumera as a Gotoh would've been a nice twist to what was looking to be Mikoto 2.0

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just did the FESorter thing, but for Engage only.

topTen.png?width=221&height=620

Well, I mean. Yeah. Pretty accurate. I want to say the second run would change things, but these are all the units I am finding myself having a difficult time not wanting to deploy. Leaves me precious little room to give the rest a chance lol

...the bottom 10 is perhaps more interesting.

bottomTen.png?width=208&height=620

Lumera beat 10 characters and dodged the bottom 10. Fucking incredible. My only reasoning when I gave her a vote was "at least she has a neat design", so that speaks volumes of how I feel about those characters. Pretty long way to go with just a veil and a few gold ornaments lol

Actually though, I don't really hate any of these. For the most part they're just characters that kinda bore me or whose stereotypes I find grating, and Top Tier Loser Kagetsu. Even if they're at the bottom, I could see myself using these (except Kagetsu who is just too powerful, I'd have to find a way to cripple him first) and I don't think any of them would rank that low if I were to spend 40 minutes doing another full series sorter.

Except Chloé. Fuck Chloé. Generic pegasi are only good for arrow bait.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Sure, it's not complex, but I feel it does not need to to be coherent. As it stands, I don't think there's really any discrepancy with what we learn about the Corrupted throughout the game. Only, ironically, with the FX is when it starts to be incoherent.

Oh yeah, that was some big potential. Lumera as a Gotoh would've been a nice twist to what was looking to be Mikoto 2.0

Spoiler

No yeah, I agree, I'm not criticizing the writing with the corrupted. It's consistent and accomplishes what it needs to, at least in the main game. What I meant is that the narrative isn't so rigid that they couldn't mix things up without opening up plotholes. The worldbuilding is quite barebones, there was plenty of room to build up on it.

So I'm just pondering on this "what if" scenario where we got a playable corrupted and they were used as a vehicle to explore them further. How does it feel to be a perfect corrupted? What's it like having died and come back? Could they ever adapt to a normal life? They could've had fun with this stuff. Frankly, I would've much prefered to lose the really generic drama with Hortensia/Ivy in exchange for the incredibly unique character Corrupted Hyacinth would've been as a playable. But that's just me.

And well, anything would've been an interesting twist compared to Mikoto 2.0. Even just using the miracle to turn her into an emblem, the other really predictable thing, would've been better than Mikoto 2.0. That second 5-minute-long death scene felt SO unearned...

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Except Chloé. Fuck Chloé. Generic pegasi are only good for arrow bait.

Oh my... 

Do we want to know what the 'arrows' would be in this case...?

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

No yeah, I agree, I'm not criticizing the writing with the corrupted. It's consistent and accomplishes what it needs to, at least in the main game. What I meant is that the narrative isn't so rigid that they couldn't mix things up without opening up plotholes. The worldbuilding is quite barebones, there was plenty of room to build up on it.

So I'm just pondering on this "what if" scenario where we got a playable corrupted and they were used as a vehicle to explore them further. How does it feel to be a perfect corrupted? What's it like having died and come back? Could they ever adapt to a normal life? They could've had fun with this stuff. Frankly, I would've much prefered to lose the really generic drama with Hortensia/Ivy in exchange for the incredibly unique character Corrupted Hyacinth would've been as a playable. But that's just me.

And well, anything would've been an interesting twist compared to Mikoto 2.0. Even just using the miracle to turn her into an emblem, the other really predictable thing, would've been better than Mikoto 2.0. That second 5-minute-long death scene felt SO unearned...

Spoiler

Yeah, that was certainly a missed opportunity. Funnily enough, that's something I do plan to tackle in my Engage rewrite.

Eh, I don't think you need to sacrifice one for the other. Still, even if not playable, then he could've showed up more often. Having be a one-time boss (not counting his alive fight) really dampen any potential there. Even if he turned into a retreating boss... eh, it's fine if it means he can have more screen-time.

Haha, for sure, since 'dead parent brought back to life' would be so new for FE...

fire-emblem-engage-candy-04142023.jpg?fi

Engage your sweet tooth with some strawberry-red and soda-blue konpeito (pure sugar candy).😛 

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Amusingly, those cases it's due to those mechs having motion-tracking systems. The FMP mechs, despite being Reals, also have a more limited system. Hence the term Arm Slaves, since the pilot controls the mech's movements with their own. I guess it is a sign that Supers tend to use more the system, but still.

Not like man-machine interfaces, in their various other less-kinetic forms, are unknown to Reals. The pursuit of perfected integration between homo and roboto, is pervasive throughout the mechaverse.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I couldn't find it, not in English at least, but there is even a 4-Koma where Sosuke and Domon switch mechs. Results are... well, the Arm Slave can't handle Domon's more complex Gundam Fighter's movements, so it got trashed trying to make a Shining Finger. And while Sosuke did fine adapting to the Gundam Fighter's more complex motion-tracking system, attempting to do a Shining Finger of his own... well, let's say the enemy wasted no time unlike him with shouting and posing and stuff. XD

So Sosuke tried imitating Domon's flair too much? Well, that seems fitting. He acts like the type who, when assigned a task, will attempt to go above and beyond in his performance of the designated duty. But a lack of common sense paired to such unyielding single-minded dedication could very well go off the rails.😄

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So Sosuke tried imitating Domon's flair too much? Well, that seems fitting. He acts like the type who, when assigned a task, will attempt to go above and beyond in his performance of the designated duty. But a lack of common sense paired to such unyielding single-minded dedication could very well go off the rails.😄

Yeah, that was basically it, hahaha.

Which reminds me, Sosuke cross-piloting would become an actual thing in DD, where he and the rest of the FMP team got to pilot Voltes. A curious decision, since I've yet to see the logic behind it. Ah well, it's fine. It's cross-piloting, what other reason needs to be other than... just because. XD

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did it both times lol, the idiots wouldn't vote my way.

How did you not have the convictions to do an early game choice on NG+? Unless you just didn’t pick the right dialogues.

Anyway, it is a really difficult fight. Especially if you missed the possibility of fixing the second elevator. You can do that during the exploration phase, but it's really easy to overlook, compared to the alternative map's gimmick.

I did, because I remember I couldn’t figure out how to fix it in the demo.

It seems like it’s hurting me more than helping me tho, because enemies will just ride it down.

My advise, send someone who can take a few hits up the elevator ans have them distract Landroi while your team sneaks up the right side. That's how I did it.

Oh. Units can move up the right side, can’t they.

So uh, I may not have tried every path way.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

0owouZ3.png

BW7a7Mk.png

Should've expected our lists would be complete opposites ya fuckin weaboo lololololol

No but it's an actual crime Sommie is not nº 1, where is he you monster

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh my... 

Do we want to know what the 'arrows' would be in this case...?

Pssh. As if I would lewd the most forgettable girl in Buff Girl Emblem, of all games.

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hide contents

Yeah, that was certainly a missed opportunity. Funnily enough, that's something I do plan to tackle in my Engage rewrite.

Eh, I don't think you need to sacrifice one for the other. Still, even if not playable, then he could've showed up more often. Having be a one-time boss (not counting his alive fight) really dampen any potential there. Even if he turned into a retreating boss... eh, it's fine if it means he can have more screen-time.

Haha, for sure, since 'dead parent brought back to life' would be so new for FE...

Spoiler

Heck, they could've gotten even more creative with him. Have him actually die each time, and they corrupt him more and more to bring him back, and each time you fight him he's more and more fucked up. Maybe even have him slowly become more lucid, and at the end he comes back completely and sacrifices himself somehow. I dunno, something. Would've been a nice way to break the monotony of fighting the Hounds 10 times in a row.

"Parent having a relevant role that doesn't end in death" alone would be so new lol

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Engage your sweet tooth with some strawberry-red and soda-blue konpeito (pure sugar candy).😛 

Did they go this hard with the merchandise back in the Houses days? You'd think Engage is the more popular game of the two with how well they're treating it. An official manga, sweets... And actually that's it, but it blows my mind we have an official Engage manga and sweets.

Anyway, the cup containing the sweets has Sommie on it, therefore this is the best sweet ever made.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...i kinda wanna do a 3rd run...

NOO GAME STOP HOLDONG ME HOSTAGE

Nintendo PC beckons, Shrimpy.

Reverse recruitment time. Old people squad go. And you get the loli as the main character, isn't that amazing.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How did you not have the convictions to do an early game choice on NG+? Unless you just didn’t pick the right dialogues.

For my second run I sold my Switch copy and got the game on PC. So it was NG.

I did, because I remember I couldn’t figure out how to fix it in the demo.

It seems like it’s hurting me more than helping me tho, because enemies will just ride it down.

...Oh.

Oh. Units can move up the right side, can’t they.

So uh, I may not have tried every path way.

Thank you.

You're welcome. Show that old guy who the real old man archer is around these parts. (It's Archibald)

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

The new Tears of The Kingdom trailer erased most of my worries of the game being a glorified DLC as even with the same map it's clear the changes they are adding will more than outweigh the familiar scenery.

I never thought it was because it's doing what A Link Between Worlds did.

I'm just glad we can finally stop with the "glorified DLC" complaints because it has serious "Smash Ultimate is just an enhanced port" vibes.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Even with all that though I don't think it's worth 70 dollars,

The $10 worth of Gold Coins I have on my account

thanos-infinity-war.gif

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

just hope Oshi no Ko quality doesn't dip, as Kaguya dipped hard when Oshi no Ko peaked

That's my fear

Oshi no Ko quality when this new one starts to peak

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I've been thinking gamecube mostly because I don't want a Wii U game to take too much space on my computer.

Well also can your computer run Cemu?

Unlike Wind Waker, Twilight Princess HD doesn't add too much, it's simply just smoother to play.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Engage your sweet tooth with some strawberry-red and soda-blue konpeito (pure sugar candy).

They are selling Sommie's shit.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't believe it just hit me.

Hopefully no one takes an Atomic Bazooka to Konpei(to)...

... yes, I'd seriously assume the Federation renamed Solomon to Konpeito because it looked like the candy. Or the pun. Since Konpeito can mean Konpei Island, which is the official name.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Heck, they could've gotten even more creative with him. Have him actually die each time, and they corrupt him more and more to bring him back, and each time you fight him he's more and more fucked up. Maybe even have him slowly become more lucid, and at the end he comes back completely and sacrifices himself somehow. I dunno, something. Would've been a nice way to break the monotony of fighting the Hounds 10 times in a row.

"Parent having a relevant role that doesn't end in death" alone would be so new lol

Spoiler

I guess, but I think it's more interesting that for once the process doesn't, well, corrupt, every time it's done unless it's done deliberately as an extra.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh wait, the playable bosses mod isn't made to work on Yuzu, and for the amount of people that keep claiming Ryujinx is better for Engage, I try it out and what I find is a stuttering mess that doesn't even have the ability to rebind hotkeys.

Welp, guess that's that for that. Shame. Then again, I would've used it in the distant future, so who knows. Maybe by then things will be different.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not yet

Wanna do a DLC run first lol

With Dlc Emblems and units and classes and stuff

Honestly, I think my DLC run will be the reverse recruitment run lol, early old people squad and shit.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

I guess, but I think it's more interesting that for once the process doesn't, well, corrupt, every time it's done unless it's done deliberately as an extra.

Spoiler

That is true. It's a decently unique take on that, I'll give them that much. Especially after Morion makes it look like that's exactly where they're going with it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio