Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

First battle of the game. Marcus crits and steals a kill.

Of course.

8 minutes ago, gnip said:

See, you just fixed Binding Blade. People like to bitch over low hitrates and slow supports, but all this time we only really needed bearded Shanna.

She stole it from Dougy, who now has no beard. Therefore the game is actually ruined.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

sDrneYZU_o.png

WHAT

Okay, so this is my first time playing on this version of the translation... Don't tell me Gringe changed the line! Gringe, more like cringe. 0/10 utterly unplayable.

jk lol he did a better job than Treehouse would've and the latest patch is amazing in what it does, but c'mon that wasn't necessary

9 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I'm sorry. 

Naah, what're you apologizing for? It was to be expected. I'm just glad we have a barebones randomizer at all.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

sDrneYZU_o.png

WHAT

Okay, so this is my first time playing on this version of the translation... Don't tell me Gringe changed the line! Gringe, more like cringe. 0/10 utterly unplayable.

jk lol he did a better job than Treehouse would've and the latest patch is amazing in what it does, but c'mon that wasn't necessary

What was the original line?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What was the original line?

This is the one guy that used to abruptly go "money is important!" In the really old translation, he said "YOU! Guess what? Money is important!" for some reason, and it became one of the older memes of the community.

It's... not particularly funny, but I found it interesting that Gringe went out of his way to change the line all these years later.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Naah, what're you apologizing for? It was to be expected. I'm just glad we have a barebones randomizer at all

Well... If anything, I suppose I expect better of myself. 

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe b/c crunched finale

You will see this a lot yes.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

How many times has it been now...?

It's because it amuses me.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did you fall asleep at 3rd grade biology? You do that and we are all literally dead. You will singlehandedly murder 8 billion people

Anything a wasp can do, a bee does it better without being an asshole about it.

Wasps also kill bees, so I'd be saving the bees.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah baby, time for some real treasure.

🍿😄

Friendly reminder now that "Fierce Deity" in Japanese is "Kishin". Kishin is a Buddhist term, "wrathful god" is an alternative translation. 

Remember this thing from one of the final battles of Muramasa?

Spoiler

image.png

You smashed its statue form, it got seriously angry, Jinkuro then acknowledged he had zero chance of winning.

This, Fudo Myoo, also known as Acala, is a Kishin. (Specifically, Fudo is of the subgroup known as the Wisdom Kings, that's what "Myoo" means.)

Also an example of a Kishin.:

1024px-Hayagriva_Samye_Ling_July_09.jpg

Yes it has three eyes and fangs with an angry expression. Yes it has a fiery aura and is crushing people underfoot. And yes, its crown has human skulls decorating it. These are all perfectly normal features for a Buddhist wrathful deity.

Kishin are NOT EVIL. They might look positively demonic to us, but they aren't. They are fierce, they are wrathful, but what they destroy is Ignorance, Sinfulness; they hate anything and anyone that keeps people from achieving Enlightenment. They are the protective guardians of the tranquil and compassionate Buddhas and Bodhisattvas as they preach an End to Suffering in this world. The Kishin are divine wrath.

For any good Buddhist, there is nothing to be afraid of. If you're truly a good-natured person, then the Kishin have no reason to crush you. If you are someone given to vice and ignorance and inflicts suffering on other people -then you have reason to be scared sh*tless, and you should be.

Buddhists looking to take their quest for enlightenment to the next level can do so via esoteric (often "tantric") Vajrayana forms of Buddhism, like Tibetan Buddhism or Japan's Shingon Buddhism. Contemplating the Kishin is one way of doing that within this tradition of Buddhism. The Kishin are unbridled anger channeled the correct way, and towards a good cause- the liberation of all lifeforms from the endless sorrowful cycle of life-death-rebirth. Learn how to do the same with yourself.

-I like having this in mind when thinking of Fierce Deity Link. For a nerd like myself, the historical-spiritual context behind the name enriches FDL.🤓 I'm not saying FDL is working for the Buddhas. "Kishin" was used as a Deathblow name by the Weltall, it has become semi-ordinary Japanese now. Nonetheless, personally, it adds to Fierce Deity Link, without completely eliminating the mystery and badass awe of it. -Annnnnd maybe this all means nothing to you.😅

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

> Mfw Kloe uses Curia on herself and not Joshua when both are under Seal

Like, you don't even physically attack while as a guest!

That small hiccup aside, finally, reached Ruan. And that's it for tonight.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

First battle of the game. Marcus crits and steals a kill.

Of course.

He's just giving you a hint who you should kill Zephiel with.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

> Mfw Kloe uses Curia on herself and not Joshua when both are under Seal

Like, you don't even physically attack while as a guest!

That small hiccup aside, finally, reached Ruan. And that's it for tonight.

Trails A.I's are terrible. And that is consistent throughout the entire series.

Edit: a CS IV enemy A.I file with literally one attack option (Highlighted)

6d24e0d4137228faf8ca7bc037ebad09.png

What else can you expect with A.I scripts like this one? And this applies for many of them, by the way, it's not a one-of.

Edited by Lightcosmo

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Trails A.I's are terrible. And that is consistent throughout the entire series.

Edit: a CS IV enemy A.I file with literally one attack option (Highlighted)

What else can you expect with A.I scripts like this one? And this applies for many of them, by the way, it's not a one-of.

Eh, if it's this bad then... I can live with it.

At least they know to walk away from the enemies constantly, which is ultimately what matters.

Heck, sometimes I feel the enemies don't even bother. Like, I had a battle where the enemies walked around Kloe to attack the other two.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Fire_Emblem_-_The_Binding_Blade-9.pngFire_Emblem_-_The_Binding_Blade-13.png

Well, someone's looking for a place on the team. Might as well, there is no knight in the game I've never used. Even Barthe got a chance once or twice, I'm pretty sure. And Bors definitely has the best hair out of them all.

Fire_Emblem_-_The_Binding_Blade-12.png

Also, Elen got speed. Am I proud of her. She has also missed her third best growth four times in a row, but like, eh. Speed.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Anything a wasp can do, a bee does it better without being an asshole about it.

Wasps also kill bees, so I'd be saving the bees.

Yeah, right. You'll be singing a different tune when the world is overrun by bees.

6 hours ago, gnip said:

He's just giving you a hint who you should kill Zephiel with.

Again?

....Well no, that one time I killed him with Lot. I did give him Murdock though, which is honestly more impressive. That man is insane.

Honestly though, I kinda would like to see how Zelot would do. Marcus popped off in the FE6 run I remember most fondly, but Zelot's never had a chance to be anything more than Jeigan 2. Would he, too, reach for the skies, or would he remain forever a Jeigan? I should like to find out.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, right. You'll be singing a different tune when the world is overrun by bees.

Maybe he's a secret supporter.

Stellaris on Twitter: "@ubsanitizer @iximeow @mgattozzi Sure. Want to see  our Byzantine Empire? https://t.co/Yjib3EfRjy" / Twitter

🍿

-End of Ep. III Chapter 7.:

Spoiler

The "past" wasn't exactly the past after all. Considering... (FOR ARMAGON'S EYES ONLY!):

Spoiler

...what I was enjoying from Monolith at the time XS Episode III released, this strange hybrid-past situation seems to have been in vogue throughout the studio.

Going downright horror movie, except I was actually willing to watch it.😄 You know, seeing the 27-Asuras used as forgettable pawns in a single battle with T-elos in EF seems so wrong now.

As for Shion's Eirika/Celica-tier decision. Well, call me stupid, but I'll forgive her. -If in no small part b/c everyone else dragged her away from actually making her very believable error. I don't have to put up with the consequences of her intentions. Even sliding in a moment where KOS-MOS's updated body and Allen is relevant was neat.

I did like the look in Red's eyes. Calm, seemingly benevolent, but it's condescending and built upon a "My way or the highway" attitude and all you have to do is scratch the surface to reveal this. Dude is still a prick, happy to see Junior, Jin, and Kossy punch his plans (at least for the moment) for Shion in the Testacles.

Seeing the full picture of Mizrahi's end, not just the partial moment shown in Episode I which intentionally framed him as an evil lunatic, was another good showing.

Was it cutscene-heavy? Very much yes. But it was all good. Monolith put on a very fine display here, perhaps other things are going to feel cramped, but they gave this event the full treatment it deserved, nothing felt sacrificed.

I didn't screenshot any of this, even if my memory of the words will fade, I didn't want to ruin the moment by screenshotting half the dialogue.

Had this been the end Xenosaga Episode IV: Die Geburt der Tragödie (The Birth of Tragedy, the Nietzsche literary title that on the surface sounds most superficially appropriate; The Missing Year being the hypothetical real Episode III in a timeline where Xenosaga wasn't cut short as a reminder), I wonder what the final battle would've been? Red Testament + T-elos sounds too plain. I feel like Monolith might've gutsier and stolen Shion from us in the gameplay, instead having Jin and the others fail to stop her from joining Red. She then would mutate into some monstrous form appropriate for a final boss, and the rest of the heroes would be literally forced to beat some sense back into her. Alternatively, if they were willing to let us keep using Shion in battle, Red could've drained her of her desires to join him and poured them into Young Shion stuck in a traumatic trance in the same little room, thereby mutating her into the final boss.

Since I just called this prolonged Miltia "flashback" scenario Xenosaga Episode IV, it absolutely qualifies as a Xenogears Episode IV. Not set nowhere near as far back in the past, nor as far as Torna, yet it shares in being the "dramatic past events that have a major impact on present-day Xenogears Episode V affairs". 

I think I'll swap over to Rune Factory if I'm going to play anything else today, maybe even take tomorrow off too. I need a palate-cleanser.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Alright, since I have managed to find time for Trails for the workweek, and today I'll have stuff to do, I decided to make some time today for the good ol' 3DS. Well, my 2DS XL. Decided to go back to play some HM/SoS. Been a while since I played one of those. Before the eShop closed, among the stuff I bought was a couple of them. So, I'll start with Tale of Two Towns. The 3D version, of course.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, if it's this bad then... I can live with it.

At least they know to walk away from the enemies constantly, which is ultimately what matters.

Heck, sometimes I feel the enemies don't even bother. Like, I had a battle where the enemies walked around Kloe to attack the other two.

Their variables are... not flexible at all.

As in:

Attack random

Attack closest

Attack Furthest

Attack as many as possible in one attack

attack X gender

focus attack

attack casting

i think that about covers them!

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

....Well no, that one time I killed him with Lot. I did give him Murdock though, which is honestly more impressive. That man is insane.

Eh, Murdock allows you weapon triangle advantage with the Armourslayer. Refer to my signature for further details.

So uh

Fire_Emblem_-_The_Binding_Blade-18.png

I... may have made a small mistake.

I don't miss the loading times, but do you know what I do miss? Enemy range displays.

Welp. I am not resetting this map, of all maps, so uh... @gnip The beard was not enough, I'm afraid.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe he's a secret supporter.

Stellaris on Twitter: "@ubsanitizer @iximeow @mgattozzi Sure. Want to see  our Byzantine Empire? https://t.co/Yjib3EfRjy" / Twitter

Ahahahahaha! Oh, that's great.

11 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wraith’s ego after waiting the video:

Like all the other times you've brought up the topic, all I have to say is that I can only hope they will interpret this as "let's get a new writer" rather than "EVERY GAME IS THREE HOUSES NOW"

Now let's talk about something different, like how pathetic Shanna is.

Just now, gnip said:

Eh, Murdock allows you weapon triangle advantage with the Armourslayer. Refer to my signature for further details.

I Durandaled him lol

Still, I am prouder of the Lot kill anyway. Marcus could've used a lance. Lot murdered Zephiel at WTD.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Welp. I am not resetting this map, of all maps, so uh... @gnip The beard was not enough, I'm afraid.

Hm. Next time, try two beards. Merlinus's 'stache over Douglas's beard might work, Merlinus is immortal, after all.

--

It appears that Bayern München

Spoiler

did secure their 397th consecutive championship after all. How very exciting.