Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah cause Geno fans will finally be playing SMRPG for the first time.

I dont think i will ever understand the hype following of Geno. Like... Why?

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Saw this was apparently in the Japanese version of the Direct.:

Teamgoemon.gif

Another dead franchise gets a spiritual successor. Ganbare Goemon died back in *check record* 2005 it looks like, how terribly overdue. Good Feel apparently includes members of the former Goemon dev team, hopefully a good sign.

Looks like a competent, if easy, 3D beat 'em up. However, the fact it was only in the Japanese Direct doesn't bode well for it. "Too Japanese" like the former franchise it emulates? Please 🤨, video game translation resources and the West's acceptance of Japanese popular culture have grown exponentially since the late-90s/early-00s. There is no reason Otogi Katsugeki Mameda no Bakeru: Oracle Saitarou no Sainan!! couldn't see a Western release.

The lack of an Ebisumaru replacement in the above trailer has been recognized by my brain now. If you're going to create Not-Goemon, you better give him his own weird cubby sidekick, Ebisumaru was an important part of the oddball charm of the series. Nice to see mecha boss battles are coming back, can't truly parody Japan without them.😛 Though not in the first-person perspective of the GG games, I'm guessing b/c the first-person perspective made for a clunky and dated format that wouldn't review well nowadays.

11 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

If they cam port LM dark moon to switch than Awakening has a shot!

Fire Emblem likes going all-in on its remakes ...but then the games FE has had remade so far needed that.

Maybe a relatively low-effort port with some graphical sprucing up for early in the Switch successor's life, as a filler release.

Ah right, I think this is out now. Looks pretty meaty. 

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like a competent, if easy, 3D beat 'em up. However, the fact it was only in the Japanese Direct doesn't bode well for it.

Atelier Marie Remake showed up in a Japan Direct before they confirmed worldwide.

Shitty hot weather

Late train

Work stress

I need vacation.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Don’t be

I was apologizing for the bad pun xD

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

ut i don't think it's bad.

Yh i don't think it's bad

I just don't think it's the best thing since slice bread

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...hasn't that been the case for quite a few Ninty games lately?

I mean, look at engage.

Nah, Engage doesn't feel like a fangame. If it was a fangame the Hounds wouldn't be every boss and the story would be better lol

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This is the internet. Anything is a fetish if you think about it

of course.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Only two, actually.

The line between "child" and "full grown adult rapidly approaching old age" in Japan do be like that

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even us?

I don't think I'm handsome enough to be lewded fetishistically.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There was almost another murder in the courtroom at the end there.

I love that little animation. I'm not his biggest fan, but his breakdown is great.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

So Ruben already said he saw a few lines. To add context to that, when I was playing CS1 I was talking about how funny I thought she was because she had funny dialogue and didn’t seem at all qualified for her job, so occasionally I posted some things she said. I don’t remember most of those lines but I THINK one of them was this

Xm8Bx7x.jpg

Why that one specifically, Sooks?

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Lol, great little shot of the last crooks in jail

It's very nice until you realize there is zero chance Graydon walks out of there alive. He committed high treason lol

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm saying it because how creative they are, both in the visual department and in what they do. Like, Boo Mario? That shit's amazing.

I feel that none of the other mainline Mario games came close to having powerups that creative. I mean, i guess Cappy in Odyssey, but that's more akin to Kirby's copy abilities.

Ah I see what you mean. Yeah, truth be told, in 2D Mario we tend to see suits rather than full transformations like the elephant.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah cause Geno fans will finally be playing SMRPG for the first time.

...how does that work?

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They should totally keep Culex 2D, for the throw-back, heh.

Make him HD-2D for extra layers of reference.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah right, I think this is out now. Looks pretty meaty.

I don't know why, I loved this game, but then I look at the DLC and go "meh." Maybe when it's finished coming out, we'll see.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK, THE RUNE FACTORY CINEMATIC UNIVERSE????

I saw this, I was actually going to post about it.😆 But I'd like a non-machine translation first, to see if "same world" has a less literal meaning. -But then the RF hashtag don't need no translation.

And as I said before, the cows briefly seen in the trailer have the classic big round "bubble" SoS shape.:

Seems budget 7/10 material, and constantly randomly-generated dungeons might not be your thing (I doubt it's an actual roguelike where you lose everything when you die, though). I'll not completely knock it off my radar.

Looks like each character/class has one of the one of the usual RF roles associated with it: long-red girl is cooking, short red is forging, dark-skinned wizard is chemistry, white-haired archer boy is animal husbandry,  princess-y girl is farmer, maid is... furniture-making (not crafting non-weapon equipment?). Only the blonde boy isn't accounted for.

A world without talking could be genuinely interesting in how it conveys its characters and story -but I'm expecting next to nil from this.😆

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Shitty hot weather

Late train

Work stress

I need vacation.

I hope you can get one.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I was apologizing for the bad pun xD

I know, but I needed it even if I’d never heard of what you posted

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, Engage doesn't feel like a fangame. If it was a fangame the Hounds wouldn't be every boss and the story would be better lol

Emblems

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why that one specifically, Sooks?

Don’t do that, she’s not a dragon

…probably

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Emblems

That felt the opposite of fangamey to me: it felt very corporate. A blatant marketing gimmick that kept going for obvious, forced references to make me go "wow look I remember that!" and feel the brand loyalty. Very transparent nostalgia-bait.

They did have a rather fangamey, weirdly imbalanced, obviously biased feel to them in gameplay, though. It was so obvious nobody in the Engage team gave half a shit about Leif or his game.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t do that, she’s not a dragon

…probably

For fuck's sake, Dejanira.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

hope you can get one.

I just came back from one so...Ü

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

it even if I’d never heard of what you posted

Another VN i wanna recommend to you a few years down the line

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very transparent nostalgia-bait.

Like alot of fangames?

Just saying, but sometimes fans can end up working on official games...

Like, say, how many working at IS now do you think played the NES and SNES FE games as kids?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That felt the opposite of fangamey to me: it felt very corporate. A blatant marketing gimmick that kept going for obvious, forced references to make me go "wow look I remember that!" and feel the brand loyalty. Very transparent nostalgia-bait.

I don’t think I’ve ever played a fan-game to completion, so…

They did have a rather fangamey, weirdly imbalanced, obviously biased feel to them in gameplay, though. It was so obvious nobody in the Engage team gave half a shit about Leif or his game.

Rip Leif

For fuck's sake, Dejanira.

you started this

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Another VN i wanna recommend to you a few years down the line

Why are you waiting years for a recommendation?

59 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Like alot of fangames?

No? At least FE ones are never really nostalgia-bait on the level Engage is.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

you started this

I said "for fuck's sake", Dejanira

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No? At least FE ones are never really nostalgia-bait on the level Engage is.

Not even Awakening?

Oh, wait, you talking of fangames, no?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I said "for fuck's sake", Dejanira

For the sake of...?

Oh My

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For the sake of...?

For Whose Sake

This is actually used nowhere in my hack even though Zephiel is the protagonist of it

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh get out of the FE bubble a bit 😄

I intend to. Between Engage and FE6 I've spent actual months on FE and I'm actually needing something different. When the summer Steam sale begins I'll grab a couple non-strategy games for a change.