Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, lots of stuff to do before heading for the Bionis' Interior...

Oh, reached 100 hours of playtime, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, I think that's it for the weekend. I'll continue doing sidequests next time.

Hmm, I wonder if I'll reach the point where I may need to level grind in order to finish quests. I already have a couple where I'm still underleveled.

Spoiler

Like Melancholy Tyrea

But ah well, I'll soon see.

2023071623131400_s.jpg?width=1100&height

2023071623131800_s.jpg?width=1100&height

2023071623132300_s.jpg?width=1100&height

2023071623132500_s.jpg?width=1100&height

No way the SoL cute girl game is touching on "why bandits exist" before Fire Emblem lol.

But still, this is like, really wild. It's just so interesting to see how Atelier went from a relatively grounded medieval fantasy to full on SoL cute girls doing cute things series. Even the more serious ones of Dusk and Secret don't really go in this direction. The most you get of the latter in particular is "history has shown again and again how nature points out the folly of man".

Of course i say relatively grounded because there's still

2023071623084400_s.jpg?width=1100&height

Anyways

2023071622260600_s.jpg?width=1100&height

You are not immune to hot lady knight.

Now, unique to Salburg seemingly

2023071623511000_s.jpg?width=1100&height

2023071623511300_s.jpg?width=1100&height

2023071623532500_s.jpg?width=1100&height

Minigames! Given that alchemy in modern Atelier itself can be a minigame, i guess they had these to compensate.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was just thinking of Rune Factory 5. With Celceta done, I realized I'm running low PC games that I've yet to play and that's one I've been leaving unfinished. That led me to find out that buried in the game's data are character ages. Probably not literal, more like "designed to look like X age", a loose guideline.:

Replying to this now since it slipped my mind earlier

• Misasagi: 24
  • Hina: 10

Fki5xu7WAAE_mM5.png?width=625&height=606

The bachelorettes could all use two years slapped on them

Yeah i just assume their all 18. The internal ages definitely don't match with visual appearances....cause anime lol but it's especially appearent with Murakumo.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

We've definitely come a long way from people thinking that American crops have always been everywhere, to knowing that they were in the Americas but thinking it was only when the Europeans arrived when they started being cultivated, to knowing that they've always been cultivated, and it was through colonial exploitation that it spread throughout the old world.

I think something that's fascinating in that same boat is horses. Horses originated in North America. They crossed over to Eurasia. The ones that remained in North America died out. Millenia pass. The Europeans bring them back.

If Alaska was just deleted like the video suggests, the mere fact of horses not existing would have singlehandedly changed the course of human history. 

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

We've definitely come a long way from people thinking that American crops have always been everywhere, to knowing that they were in the Americas but thinking it was only when the Europeans arrived when they started being cultivated, to knowing that they've always been cultivated, and it was through colonial exploitation that it spread throughout the old world.

What I remember from my history class on the matter was that colonists didn't recognize native fields, as European use of animal powered plows on their fields having lines of identical crops, whereas Americans would plant clusters of different crops that had synergistic effects on the soil, similar to the practice of crop rotation in Europe.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No way the SoL cute girl game is touching on "why bandits exist" before Fire Emblem lol.

Don't worry, Thracia 776 has a bit of a talk about why bandits exist long before this game was made.

16 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Don't worry, Thracia 776 has a bit of a talk about why bandits exist long before this game was made.

If the conversation was in the original version (1997), then it'd predate Thracia, actually.

Hmm, yeah, I've decided. If I do dabble in writing Xenoblade fanfics, my first idea would be something in the likes of writing about

Spoiler

a High Entia family dealing with the aftermath of the... well, you know, the Ether overflow.

But well, whenever that gets done... who knows.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Nah

Instead what will happen is some murican peeps overlooking the japanese products and telling them what to do and what not to do.

And it ain't just the devs, (fan-)artists and fanfic authors keep getting harassed all the time just because of a piece of paper doesn't fit their morals.

Not even nsfw. A jp artists who was doing wholesome Omori fanart got harassed over the most stupid shit. 

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile Fire Emblem 5

Oh everyone already said it. The first one that came to mind was actually TRS chapter 2, but then I remembered the whole debacle at Dagdar's house.

2023071623084400_s.jpg?width=1100&height

I like Schea, she's the only one whose design doesn't make me retch.

2023071622260600_s.jpg?width=1100&height

You are not immune to hot lady knight.

I am, actually. That cannot be described as a "hot lady knight" by any semblance of the imagination. Give me a woman in a real, practical, full suit of armor, then we'll talk.

...Sorry, I know everyone hates when I comment on anime designs, but it just jumped out to me that three out of four women wear recolored variants of the same "shoulders covered, titties out, free belly" attire. Like, would it have killed them to at least put the lady knight in an actually good-looking suit of armor?

wait iS THAT MOULDER BEHIND THE BAR THERE--

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

A jp artists who was doing wholesome Omori fanart got harassed over the most stupid shit. 

Oh hey, Omori. Context?

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

artist who draws cute Heromari art harassed to hell and back.

But like, why tho.

Can I see the art, if you got a link handy? As Teehee's resident anime hater and very unreasonable person who also happens to love Omori, I should be able to offer a look from a different perspective.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

How unfortuante that I can't explore the profile thanks to Elon.

Anyway, this one in particular is pretty neat, I don't see what's so wrong about it.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

nitter.net

yes it's working again

Thank God, Elon is defeated.

Anyway, I'm not seeing anything that warrants hate in that profile. I'm also not seeing the hate, but I'm not reading replies so I suppose it's probably hiding in there somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

it's a few months old now.

That artist never draws nsfw anyway, but idiots gonna idiot

Right. Well, you know what would help? If they drew Hero with a beard. No way to complain about that.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right. Well, you know what would help? If they drew Hero with a beard. No way to complain about that.

ok Mr. Beard fetishist 

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ok Mr. Beard fetishist 

Boring degenerates: Now draw her giving birth.

Me, an intellectual: Now draw her committing war crimes.

I think I'll try Endless Space 2 no relation to Infinite Space today. Picked up the game on sale for like $8 during the Steam Summer sale. I tried the tutorial last night, my head.😵 But then, it doesn't seem really all that different from Civilization, I can get used to it. The UI feels a bit lacking though, I think that's a problem. On the positive side, despite being on a cosmic scale, the game isn't filling me with the darkness of the void of space and triggering any melancholy. It was cheaper than Stellaris, so that's why I opted to try this for sci-fi 4X first.

If my brain needs a break after a while, I seriously need to dust off the Switch, that'd provide a nice break.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

But still, this is like, really wild. It's just so interesting to see how Atelier went from a relatively grounded medieval fantasy to full on SoL cute girls doing cute things series. Even the more serious ones of Dusk and Secret don't really go in this direction. The most you get of the latter in particular is "history has shown again and again how nature points out the folly of man".

I don't recall any conversation this kind of down-to-earth seriousness in the stuff I went through. I mean, some "typical serious popular anime" stuff (e.g. alchemy being sealed away b/c devastatingly dangerous in Iris 2), but a discussion along the lines of like this? Either I'm forgetting (very possible), or I'm not properly categorizing seriousness, or it didn't exist.

And as one trained in history, I don't mind seeing someone else have fun with their own little trip back in time.🤓 Witnessing the past can alter your perspective on where things could go, can redefine that which was already known. How old "tradition" really is being one of your lessons here.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

2023071623511300_s.jpg?width=1100&height

The puni looks real good here, HD-claymation quality better than Marie actually. Hopefully the expression of concern from the appearance of Marie charging at like an NFL lineman is unwarranted.