• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The reason is "it's too expensive" which makes sense until you consider poor people on average have more children than rich people.

one of the reasons poor people have more kids is to make them work and gain money - those well off have no reason to do that.

And not like the average citizens in a rich country have it easy. They might be well off, but a kid is still too costly, and the work culture doesn't help.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bruh

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, you guys still have fax?

Bro peeps over here print mails just to sign them and then either scan them again or fax/send them per normal mail 😂

We're literally in the digital stone age with our mindset when it comes to digital stuff

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Having multiple large, sprawling hub-like worlds to be used once every few chapters would be more taxing than I think IntSys can reasonably manage.

Get Monolith help Ü

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Spain will be hit pretty bad too eventually I heard. As will other parts of Europe.

On the other side of things, to cite National Geographic from earlier this year, two-thirds of the population growth predicted to happen by 2050 is expected to come from Subsaharan Africa. And more than half of the projected population increase will come from just eight countries: Pakistan, India, the Philippines, Egypt, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Nigeria, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Although India is expected to hit peak worker % of the population around 2032. Nigeria shall become the third most populous country on Earth, surpassing the United States at 377 million, in an area the size of Texas + Oklahoma + half of Louisiana. (Spain, Thailand, and Japan are among almost a dozen countries that are have expected to lose half their population by 2050.) Peak Humanity is estimated to reach between 9.4-10.4 billion, sometime after that and before 2100, humanity's global numbers shall decline, not sure when.

Maybe Benevolent That Won't Kill Us Robot Overlords that shall free us to breed and have nothing but fun and remove humanity from harsh economic necessity is what shall save us. -Or not.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe Benevolent That Won't Kill Us Robot Overlords that shall free us to breed and have nothing but fun and remove humanity from harsh economic necessity is what shall save us. -Or not.

More than likely the robots will make capitalism even more hell Ü 

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah I'm curious, @Saint Rubenio how does Spain compare from what Shrimpy described of Germany?

Well, for starters, we were under a crushing dictatorship until not even 50 years ago. This affects all aspects of our society in deep ways that I don't dare get into. Most notable, however, is that political discourse in my country is at least a little less apathetic than in other places. Many still remember and dread - or dare I say, long for - the days of Franco's reign. The two sides aren't afraid of bringing up Franco's name during bouts, and the people are highly polarized. Don't get me wrong, there's a slew of enlightened centrists who think they're above voting, but nothing like Germany's grand coalition could possibly happen here, it would be political suicide. There's also been a bit of a push against bipartidism with the rise of parties like Podemos and later Sumar, the now defunct Ciudadanos and uh, Vox. So I guess we do have more capacity for change than Germany does as Shrimpy says.

Culturally, obviously every person is their own world, but we do tend to be a more amiable people. Though racism and xenophobia are as much of an issue as anywhere else, make no mistake. Immigrants period don't see as much hate, but if you're slavic or muslim... Yeesh.

Salaries are lower, but the cost of life is also lower. Quality of life is great, one of our best traits, but the work market could be better. Still, it's been improving somewhat. Best bet is definitely studying for exams to enter public administration, though. You get a place in there, you can basically never be fired and have a job for life. Not the best salary, but most prefer the security of it. I really ought to take this more seriously. At this point of my life I can't seem to force my brain to pay attention to anything "study" for longer than 5 seconds or less.

All in all, I feel we have it a bit better, but many of the issues Shrimpy laid out are present here.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just imagine, Genealogy remake with Engage post-exploration.

At the very least, I'd really like to see the Home Castles turned into hubs.

I fully expect they'll do that, but it'll be the same castle recolored, if that. 40+ unique hubs would be unrealistic for even larger dev teams than IntSys.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Bro peeps over here print mails just to sign them and then either scan them again or fax/send them per normal mail 😂

We're literally in the digital stone age with our mindset when it comes to digital stuff

...Yikes.

Get Monolith help Ü

Fine, but not with the character designs. Those people couldn't design a character that's pleasing to my eyes if their lives depended on it.

...Except Triton, Vangarre and Dickson. The holy trinity, some would call 'em.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fine, but not with the character designs. Those people couldn't design a character that's pleasing to my eyes if their lives depended on it.

you survived Engage.

Or you also part of the "Engage peak design" Squad?

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

More than likely the robots will make capitalism even more hell Ü 

Nah, it's all the Borg on the way down. So, Collectivism.

I fully expect they'll do that, but it'll be the same castle recolored, if that. 40+ unique hubs would be unrealistic for even larger dev teams than IntSys.

There's only ten Home Castles. It's likely the minor castles might be kept to UI menu only like in the original.

...Except Triton, Vangarre and Dickson. The holy trinity, some would call 'em.

Clothes really aren't that important. - Shulk : r/Xenoblade_Chronicles

you survived Engage.

Fair point.

Or you also part of the "Engage peak design" Squad?

Not in a million years lol. I came around on a bunch of them (still can't believe Vandad, Lindon and Saphir exist), but I still much prefer more sober designs like GBAFE, Berwick Saga, that kind.

Heck, you know what game has some absolutely incredible character designs, if you ask me? Triangle Strategy, from last year. Get that game's artist on FE, they're fucking amazing. The art in that game is so good it has me wishing I had the art book, and that's not something I often consider.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's only ten Home Castles. It's likely the minor castles might be kept to UI menu only like in the original.

Still a lot for each of them to have its own hub that needs to be modeled, textured and fit inside the game. I'd say they're more likely to reuse the interior.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

one of the reasons poor people have more kids is to make them work and gain money - those well off have no reason to do that.

But there are child labor laws that Republicans are repealing.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Germans when other countries tell them to use electronic signatures

nah-imma-do-my-own-thing-miles-morales.g

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the other side of things, to cite National Geographic from earlier this year, two-thirds of the population growth predicted to happen by 2050 is expected to come from Subsaharan Africa. And more than half of the projected population increase will come from just eight countries: Pakistan, India, the Philippines, Egypt, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Nigeria, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Although India is expected to hit peak worker % of the population around 2032. Nigeria shall become the third most populous country on Earth, surpassing the United States at 377 million, in an area the size of Texas + Oklahoma + half of Louisiana. (Spain, Thailand, and Japan are among almost a dozen countries that are have expected to lose half their population by 2050.) Peak Humanity is estimated to reach between 9.4-10.4 billion, sometime after that and before 2100, humanity's global numbers shall decline, not sure when.

We might be seeing a lot more African immigration too then.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, for starters, we were under a crushing dictatorship until not even 50 years ago. This affects all aspects of our society in deep ways that I don't dare get into. Most notable, however, is that political discourse in my country is at least a little less apathetic than in other places. Many still remember and dread - or dare I say, long for - the days of Franco's reign. The two sides aren't afraid of bringing up Franco's name during bouts, and the people are highly polarized.

I wonder if in the future Venezuela would be going through the same motions. Granted, Maduro dictatorship isn't crushing, he's not Franco. But still, you have loyalists to "Chavismo" and it's legacy.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Immigrants period don't see as much hate

Latin Americans second most popular immigration destination after the US is Spain, for obvious reasons. I'm actually surprised it's not the most popular but i guess you do have to cross the Atlantic. Look at this

"Following the "Law of historic memory" Latin Americans with a Spanish parent (and their descendants) have automatic right to Spanish citizenship, even without residing in the country. This potentially applies to millions of Latin Americans. In addition, all Latin Americans from Spanish speaking countries (and Brazil) qualify for Spanish citizens after two years' residence, regardless of recent ancestry. This compares very favorably to the requirement of ten years' residence for immigrants from other countries". Depending on how things go, Latin Americans might maintain Spain's population in the coming decades.

On a side note, i probably qualify for this. For the second part i mean, by Venezuelan citizenship law, i qualify as a natural-born citizen. Although there's definitely a hiccup:

"Foreign nationals who acquire Spanish nationality must renounce their previous nationality, unless they are natural-born citizens of a Latin American country, Andorra, the Philippines, Equatorial Guinea, or Portugal". 

By Venezuelan law i am a natural-born citizen of Venezuela but also i'm a natural-born citizen of the US. I've been seriously toying with idea of actually moving to Spain in my future depending on the trajectory of the US (Spain is the most optimal European country for my circumstances) but that caveat could be a genuine obstacle. I mean i guess i wouldn't have to apply for citizenship but i'd be denied certain things.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wonder if in the future Venezuela would be going through the same motions. Granted, Maduro dictatorship isn't crushing, he's not Franco. But still, you have loyalists to "Chavismo" and it's legacy.

Perhaps. I won't dare make that comparison, though, I'm not qualified.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Latin Americans second most popular immigration destination after the US is Spain, for obvious reasons. I'm actually surprised it's not the most popular but i guess you do have to cross the Atlantic. Look at this

"Following the "Law of historic memory" Latin Americans with a Spanish parent (and their descendants) have automatic right to Spanish citizenship, even without residing in the country. This potentially applies to millions of Latin Americans. In addition, all Latin Americans from Spanish speaking countries (and Brazil) qualify for Spanish citizens after two years' residence, regardless of recent ancestry. This compares very favorably to the requirement of ten years' residence for immigrants from other countries". Depending on how things go, Latin Americans might maintain Spain's population in the coming decades.

On a side note, i probably qualify for this. For the second part i mean, by Venezuelan citizenship law, i qualify as a natural-born citizen. Although there's definitely a hiccup:

"Foreign nationals who acquire Spanish nationality must renounce their previous nationality, unless they are natural-born citizens of a Latin American country, Andorra, the Philippines, Equatorial Guinea, or Portugal". 

By Venezuelan law i am a natural-born citizen of Venezuela but also i'm a natural-born citizen of the US. I've been seriously toying with idea of actually moving to Spain in my future depending on the trajectory of the US (Spain is the most optimal European country for my circumstances) but that caveat could be a genuine obstacle. I mean i guess i wouldn't have to apply for citizenship but i'd be denied certain things.

For what it's worth, my French-born mother has been living in Spain for over 30 years without applying for citizenship because she refuses to swear fealty to the crown. It's never really been an issue. Though she did marry a Spaniard. Perhaps with local family it's simpler.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We might be seeing a lot more African immigration too then.

Need it not be said that these informed objective predictions are fodder for xenophobes? White Replacement Theory much? -Not that it gets them to consider doing anything positive to fix birth rate/aging issues.

Although, it would seem no country has figured out a winning formula yet. I don't think humanity need to keep growing in population, given we're not exactly good for the environment and a few billion is are far away enough from species extinction (we didn't hit 2 billion until like the 1930s), but more or less demographic stability is all countries want I think.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Some people like order and stability and can brush past the serious flaws (especially when the era is long past). Russia went through this with the fall of the Soviet Union, a weak and naive Gorbachev gave way to economic collapse and look who they chose to restore Russian glory. Going further back, Napoleon benefitted from following the absolutely chaotic French Revolution, old-fashioned absolute monarchy, but couched in the modern language of liberty. Perhaps the same could be said of old Augustus Caesar, even before uncle Julius's murder, the Roman Republic hadn't been the most peaceful in its later years, Octavian created the Pax Romana.

Oh, and another recent example, see the Philippines, see the restoration of the dictatorial Marcos family to the presidency there.

16 hours ago, gnip said:

It's an interesting side node that the Versailles treaty was, in no small part, a response to the punitive peace treaty that Bismarck forced upon the French in the war that led to the German unification. While Bismarck, Prussian nationalist that he was, made the peace treaty so punishing in response to Napoléon forcing a punishing peace treaty upon the Prussians (I wanna say Bismarck even made a point to make the war reparations equal to Napoléon's treaty, but don't quote me on that).

So basically, Napoléon caused WW2

All interesting points you make, yeah.

16 hours ago, gnip said:

Germany still was one of the primary instigators by giving Austria unconditional backing for whatever course of action they would choose, which led to Austria to crank up the bellicose and uncompromising sliders to 11. Germany certainly wasn't the cause for WW1 like they inarguably were for the sequel, but they still played a central role in the escalation of the july crisis.

And this, yeah. It's not like Germany wasn't interested in a war.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ilya, Shirley, and Zero being the first heavily filler game where you spend the first 60 - 80% chasing shadows and it doesn’t matter. Of course, it’s not CS1 being 99.9% filler where they made a 100 hour JRPG just to set up a sequel game, but it was the beginning. Also our protagonist isn’t as good.

I wouldn't even say it's 60 or 80%, it's like 40% at most. CS1 is whole ass let's not bring that name up or else I will puke unbelievably hard.

The protagonist is also a pretty good protagonist, he's an actually smart detective, he has a pretty strong motivation too. The cast also helps because they're all pretty good.

Also, the first game to be mostly filler of nothing clues is actually SC. Ch4 sucks my entire asshole. Ok sorry for the language. Either way, Prologue to Ch4 is a mess, Ch5 starts the same but it's in the epic town with the epic mayor and has a cool final boss, so it's actually good. Anyways SC is at least goated in the latter half.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A very fun fact, yes. Here's another fun fact: Orion is a prominent constellation during winter in the northern celestial hemisphere. It is one of the 88 modern constellations; it was among the 48 constellations listed by the 2nd-century astronomer Ptolemy. It is named for a mythological hunter in Greek mythology.

You're such a hater omg lololol

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

iAbVBxR.jpg

You need a degree in biology to understand Pikmin lore. I appreciate the scientific explanation as to why there are jumbo versions of normal enemies, however.

This is pretty fun.

Prepare for goodness

QeJJfZJ.jpg

Although it feels strange to be ahead of someone for once... ahead of someone who played more than just Sky FC, at any rate.

If waifus alone = good times then I pass. I only hope God lets me through CS not scarred. A friend tells me CS3 is pretty fun to play, at least.

Right, Rean is the best protagonist.

😠 Rean can go screw himself.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At the very least, SoV proved you can make the system work.

SoV proved that it's the best game in the series and FE2 came second, two times. GAIDEN SWEEP

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Unlike the other one /s this is actually kinda funny. LOL.

Also y'all talk too much I was working 😢 

I hope me not saying anything in response to any of the Western European politics talk makes me seem like I’m skipping over it because I don’t like the influx of political talk here, I actually enjoy it. I just have literally nothing to say, I know nothing about it, but that’s probably why U enjoy reading about it, even if it’s random people on the internet’s opinion (who are right about everything, granted).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, you know what game has some absolutely incredible character designs, if you ask me? Triangle Strategy, from last year. Get that game's artist on FE, they're fucking amazing. The art in that game is so good it has me wishing I had the art book, and that's not something I often consider.

I mean, imo, eh. All the villains have over the top cartoonish mustache twirling designs and a lot of the playables are just kinda there. Benedict has absolute drip, so do Flanagan and Serenoa, I really love how Aesfrost and Hyzante are associated with colors and styles of dress (most FE nations in shambles), but… I think that’s it? I mean it’s good but I don’t remember much being blown away. But that’s alright, it’s subjective anyway.

36 minutes ago, Hanes said:

I wouldn't even say it's 60 or 80%, it's like 40% at most. CS1 is whole ass let's not bring that name up or else I will puke unbelievably hard.

But I enjoy saying CS1 bad

The protagonist is also a pretty good protagonist

I mean he’s not like bad but he’s a little bland imo

he's an actually smart detective

Bjt he’s part of the ranks of fictional detectives who make absolutely insane jumps in logic based off of two pieces of clues and are right every single time with everyone praising their skills… This is far from unique to him, I feel like half of media detectives are like this, but then again it’s just my opinion.

he has a pretty strong motivation too.

Yes.

The cast also helps because they're all pretty good.

I like most of them, but I do think Sky runs circles around them if nothing because of the higher quality of writing. Crossbell is also hurt because major aspects of some characters’ character are locked behind final bonding events (Wazy fans in absolute shambles).

Also, the first game to be mostly filler of nothing clues is actually SC.

I mean SC is a payoff game so it feels better, not to mention encountering Ouroboros and their sick ass music is more entertaining than like… fighting dogs as the end of chapter boss. Plus a lot of it serves to develop Ouroboros (rip actually good Ouroboros) whereas a lot of stuff you do in Zero Kind went nowhere imo.

But it is true that SC was the start of the dreaded trails bloat. I just like everything about it so much it’s easy to overlook.

Ch4 sucks my entire asshole.

The fog one? Why?

Ch5 starts the same but it's in the epic town

But that’s Ruan and Zeiss

and has a cool final boss, so it's actually good.

Chapter 1’s final boss is cool.

Anyways SC is at least goated in the latter half.

True.

If waifus alone = good times then I pass. I only hope God lets me through CS not scarred. A friend tells me CS3 is pretty fun to play, at least.

So opinions will vary but imo CS3 is much much better than CS1 and 2 story and character wise. CS4 is… complicated.

Gameplay wise how fun it is depends on how much you like breaking the game and the big damage numbers.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But I enjoy saying CS1 bad

YES! I HATE THIS GAME. I think it's boring. That's actually just it haha I can't hate it.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bjt he’s part of the ranks of fictional detectives who make absolutely insane jumps in logic based off of two pieces of clues and are right every single time with everyone praising their skills… This is far from unique to him, I feel like half of media detectives are like this, but then again it’s just my opinion.

No I agree, usually detectives are written like this, but he's actually different. Like in Ch1 or 2 he's like "Let's rearrange the motives and the whys", or sth like that and it works so well. PLUS you the player do that for extra DP so it feels earned. Meanwhile Rean doing the same makes ZERO sense.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like most of them, but I do think Sky runs circles around them if nothing because of the higher quality of writing.

I think FC-Zero is all fantastically written. Azure I say is when the windshield started breaking down into what became CS, in terms of *just* the writing quality.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean SC is a payoff game so it feels better, not to mention encountering Ouroboros and their sick ass music is more entertaining than like… fighting dogs as the end of chapter boss. Plus a lot of it serves to develop Ouroboros (rip actually good Ouroboros) whereas a lot of stuff you do in Zero Kind went nowhere imo.

But it is true that SC was the start of the dreaded trails bloat. I just like everything about it so much it’s easy to overlook.

Hey, SC endgame is kino it's just the start isn't.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The fog one? Why?

The game is like "Let's go to Ch5!" but then it remembers we have to count three, FOUR, five so we go to Rolent for no reason and of course things have to happen. All the while we are thinking "Really got to get to Boer (whatever the place is called). Also, the final boss is entirely irrelevant and LuciLOLa is a cringe character.

Essentially:

Spoiler

My adoptive father didn't love me back. So I killed him, anyways I let the intrusive thoughts win so now I am evil and I wish to explore this darkness by committing terrorism with Ouroboros... but after this game I fucked off LOL

Look, I know god forbid women do anything silly, but she just sucks.

Ch4 boss also sucks.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But that’s Ruan and Zeiss

All of them are epic, to be honest. It's just the Mayor there is epically epicer.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 1’s final boss is cool.

I forgot who that was. Oh and Ch2's, the fucking worms, are also ass.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So opinions will vary but imo CS3 is much much better than CS1 and 2 story and character wise. CS4 is… complicated.

Gameplay wise how fun it is depends on how much you like breaking the game and the big damage numbers.

Yeah I know... CS3 I am told has some good and then some funny bad which makes it more enjoyable. Then CS4 is the abyss of fiction. If Zero is Peak, CS4 is Abyss. I actually laughed out so hard when my friend said that. I love him he should kiss me, dressed up as Joshua.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For what it's worth, my French-born mother has been living in Spain for over 30 years without applying for citizenship because she refuses to swear fealty to the crown.

Checks out lol.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Need it not be said that these informed objective predictions are fodder for xenophobes?

Ah yes, racists would rather go extinct than let "those people" over take them in population numbers.

47 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Beautiful

43 minutes ago, Hanes said:

You're such a hater omg lololol

C'mon, what was I supposed to say? Wraith brings up sales figures at the most random times as a blatant attempt at a "gotcha" moment with Engage even when nobody's talking about it, and every time I make the same responses. At least this one was different... Until I started the same song and dance again because I cannot resist dooming.

Anyway, yes I do hate Three Houses, why?

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, imo, eh. All the villains have over the top cartoonish mustache twirling designs and a lot of the playables are just kinda there. Benedict has absolute drip, so do Flanagan and Serenoa, I really love how Aesfrost and Hyzante are associated with colors and styles of dress (most FE nations in shambles), but… I think that’s it? I mean it’s good but I don’t remember much being blown away. But that’s alright, it’s subjective anyway.

Well, I do have a preference for more normal/mundane outfits. Stuff like modern FE is just too bloated for me, it looks overbearing and even ugly in many cases. By contrast, I love how uncomplicated, yet subtly detailed the designs in TS are. They all look reasonably believable and practical, but there are tiny details to each design that elevate them. All the different poses and expressions are nice too, and as you said, visible national identities are always great to have. All in all, a sober, elegant cast of pixel people, my type of cast.

Also, it's true a bunch of the designs are hilariously villainy-looking, but this is actually subverted a couple times, so I forgive them.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Checks out lol.

Lol. Based French person.

Anyway, yes I do hate Three Houses, why?

Nah just sayin, sale numbers come up and we all know they don't *mean* much and you go full rant mode, it's just funny I like the whole calling people "hater" jokes.

Edited by Hanes

3 minutes ago, Hanes said:

YES! I HATE THIS GAME. I think it's boring. That's actually just it haha I can't hate it.

I honestly don’t think I have the mental energy to hate any video game. I don’t like it but it’s whatever, I’ll just play something else.

No I agree, usually detectives are written like this, but he's actually different. Like in Ch1 or 2 he's like "Let's rearrange the motives and the whys", or sth like that and it works so well.

That one part was cool but many conclusions are reaches.

PLUS you the player do that for extra DP so it feels earned.

But it doesn’t make sense, DP or no DP.

Meanwhile Rean doing the same makes ZERO sense.

I mean Rean does fairly basic investigating. I can believe it. I honestly don’t remember how solid his conclusions were tho…

I think FC-Zero is all fantastically written. Azure I say is when the windshield started breaking down into what became CS, in terms of *just* the writing quality.

I thought the writing quality from Sky to Crossbell was pretty different and Sky to CS is 2 extremes but I also played the Geofront fan translation. The official ones might feel better.

Hey, SC endgame is kino it's just the start isn't.

FC ending was the start of kino imo.

The game is like "Let's go to Ch5!" but then it remembers we have to count three, FOUR, five so we go to Rolent for no reason and of course things have to happen. All the while we are thinking "Really got to get to Boer (whatever the place is called).

Fair enough.

Also, the final boss is entirely irrelevant and LuciLOLa is a cringe character.

Essentially:

Hide contents

My adoptive father didn't love me back. So I killed him, anyways I let the intrusive thoughts win so now I am evil and I wish to explore this darkness by committing terrorism with Ouroboros... but after this game I fucked off LOL

Look, I know god forbid women do anything silly, but she just sucks.

Lmao you’re going to love CS4 Ouroboros motivations.

I forgot who that was.

It’s like a giant robot centaur thing.

Yeah I know... CS3 I am told has some good and then some funny bad which makes it more enjoyable.

I mean CS3 has Altina being good. You can’t miss that.

Imo the bad is just kinda… oh… but hopefully you find it funny.

Then CS4 is the abyss of fiction. If Zero is Peak, CS4 is Abyss.

You think Zero is the best Trails game? Wow I’ve never heard that one before.

Anyway CS4 act 1 is based. Surely there has to be a more fitting abyss of fiction like Trails into Reverie.

I actually laughed out so hard when my friend said that. I love him he should kiss me, dressed up as Joshua.

Maybe take him to dinner first

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I do have a preference for more normal/mundane outfits. Stuff like modern FE is just too bloated for me, it looks overbearing and even ugly in many cases. By contrast, I love how uncomplicated, yet subtly detailed the designs in TS are.

I mean I much prefer realistic outfits to like, Odin Fates, but the ones I love are cool stylish ones. Like Serenoa’s jacket or much of 3H post time skip.

They all look reasonably believable and practical, but there are tiny details to each design that elevate them. All the different poses and expressions are nice too, and as you said, visible national identities are always great to have. All in all, a sober, elegant cast of pixel people, my type of cast.

I see.

Also, it's true a bunch of the designs are hilariously villainy-looking, but this is actually subverted a couple times, so I forgive them.

What? Who? Everyone who comes to mind is at best pretty selfish and only helps like once for their own gain or worst… well you know.

59 minutes ago, Hanes said:

I only hope God lets me through CS not scarred.

ÜÜÜ

Since you seem to have the same distaste for CS and Rean as i do....Yeah CS3-5 will scar you pretty hard Ü

A couple years ago i had an infamous Trails meltdown over here thanks to CS5 never forget

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean he’s not like bad but he’s a little bland imo

especially in Ao.

I liked Lloyd in Zero, in Ao he is like Beta Rean

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

rip actually good Ouroboros

did they ever happen after Sky XD

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So opinions will vary but imo CS3 is much much better than CS1

This i can't agree with. I put CS3 way below CS1 as it's just CS1 2.0 with extra oldies bloat.

And by oldies i mean OG class 7, the worst part of CS3

18 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Azure I say is when the windshield started breaking down into what became CS, in terms of *just* the writing quality

yup, exactly.

Zero is kinda Sky 4, Ao is CS 0.5

19 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Ch4 boss also sucks

Loved that fight myself and trying to figure out how take em down with their different resistances.

20 minutes ago, Hanes said:

CS3 I am told has some good and then some funny bad which makes it more enjoyable.

Kinda?

CS3 has some high highs, but the fact that is just uses the same formula as CS1 again is super sucky. And then the bloat from OG class 7 (and them acting like CS1/2 are important keep calling back to it...STOP WASTING MY TIME), some characters returning that absolutely shouldn't have returned

Spoiler

looking at you Crow

and then CS4 ruining everything...yeah...no xD

One of Falcom's bigger Problem with the games is they want to have both newbies and oldies, and their solution to that is bloaaaaaaaaaaaaat