Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7DdtH4S.jpgLmao

3CQhWv6.jpg

Lmao

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If I recall correctly, lawyers in Japan can indeed do that. Don't know if to the exact extent these games let you, but they can do investigative work of their own.

That’s actually cool. I should probably stop questioning every facet of a legal system I know nothing about, but now I’m curious…

37 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah Gumshoe makes up for his questionable intelligence with his righteous heart, and raw gumption. You will be glad he is on the case soon enough.

I hope so, for the AA world’s sake.

a police office would reject candidates that scored too high on an intelligence test, as they found the retention rate of intelligent officers was too low to be worth the cost of training...

That’s sad on multiple levels…

Oh, time for poor little Sooks to suffer through Wendy Oldbag...

Having seen her at court, I thought she was fairly funny. And the Steam achievements for this game imply that she is a recurring character somehow.

Currently Phoenix's assistant, but more in general, heir to Fey clan of spirit mediums.

Do attorneys get assistants in court? Although now that you mention the spirit thing and considering what happened last time, I can see why he would pick her.

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It's tempting... but would it be petty that, when I write about the Somniel in TDatP, I actually put emphasis on the well being an ordinary well? I know it would most likely would, yet I'd find it cathartic if I do. Agh, kinda frustrating to that have thought...

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's tempting... but would it be petty that, when I write about the Somniel in TDatP, I actually put emphasis on the well being an ordinary well? I know it would most likely would, yet I'd find it cathartic if I do. Agh, kinda frustrating to that have thought...

I don’t get it, how would that be petty? Do you have a problem with the Somniel well being… not normal?

Just now, Sooks said:

I don’t get it, how would that be petty? Do you have a problem with the Somniel well being… not normal?

No, I was referring to the well.

Sal Manella (the character) is the stuff of nightmares. And he made Maya cry.

Also, we’re supposed to believe that no one in the meeting could’ve committed the murder because the road was blocked by the fallen statue, but bro could’ve just stepped on the grass to the side of the statue and walked around,

It’s kind of an issue that when moving between places in the investigating section, you have to move through places in the order you actually would walking around to get there, even tho it’s just a menu. (Like if you wanted to go into a trailer that was in a specific studio, you need to open up the menu, press the studio button, then open the menu again and press the room button.) Before it didn’t really matter cause you would only go to a place once or twice but here with a lot of back and forth it gets annoying. It’s all the same menu anyway, so why couldn’t it have been one menu? But regardless, onto the rest of the trial.

Edited by Sooks

Ah well, I'll just bring up the well in a logical matter.

A well is a well is a well...

Deep Well... Deeper Well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

g6nVmK4.jpg
This is gonna be a long trial…

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah well, I'll just bring up the well in a logical matter.

A well is a well is a well...

Deep Well... Deeper Well...

Play The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom today, where there is an actual sidequest to find all 58 wells!

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Play The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom today, where there is an actual sidequest to find all 58 wells!

Okay, just in case you really don't know.

The well is tied to the DLC campaign.

>confronts a lady who you know covered up a “fatal accident” with incontrovertible proof she did so

>”I’ll talk to you, but only in my trailer as opposed to out in the open here”

>agrees

Even Phoenix Wright is dumb. They’re all idiots. I feel like Japanifornia is a red state…

Also she pulls out four mafia bros in the trailer but gives up when one detective comes in, even tho they have the numbers advantage and Phoenix and Maya can’t do shit, like just kill us. Oh well, now the trial should probably end because of the law thing, but who knows?

The most shocking twist of this case wasn’t that the mysterious and brooding woman was actually the murderer, but rather that Edgeworth helped out. With the most basic, obvious contradiction on the planet (“I didn’t bring my notes to the scene where we discovered the murder because obvy I wasn’t gonna need them, there was a murder lmao”) that I really don’t know how she ever thought was a good idea considering she hid a fatal accident for 5 years, but okay. And after that, she forgets which actor is the one who was injured? Why are your last hurrahs the easiest flaws to find so far? Aren’t you supposed to be smart? Although what I really don’t get is the entire cover up. If you killed him in self defense… why go through all the trouble to hide it? Yes there was the cover up from five years ago but attorneys detectives are now all over everything, keeping it covered up would pretty difficult. And all that to risk a probable life sentence? 0 IQ villain.

Anyway the next episode picture has Edgeworth on the cover, so Edgeworth development time.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ohhh you’re talking about the megacorp guy, I thought you were talking about Edgeworth. Yes, red white and blue is a clsssic Saturday morning cartoon villain.

lol everyone loves Edgeworth, even I love Edgeworth and I'm weird. It's ol' Redd that's the problem.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

>anime protagonist

>24

Hence why the games make a point of calling him old. By Japanese standards he might as well get a shovel and start digging his own grave.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Also what is Maya’s actual job

She's 17.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Eh, I kind of like that Redd White acts untouchable but is a complete moron on the stand. He's probably so confident that he didn't consider what to do if he was ever put on the spot. Or maybe I already assume successful people are secretly stupid, maybe.

No yeah, that's true, but the execution's just kind of lame. A side effect of being such an early case, I'm afraid. There are endearing idiot villains later in the series, but this one's just a boring idiot.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Case 5...despite its great moments, it drags on too long, and with too slow of pacing...I guess what I am trying to say is I have a hard time calling a good case, despite some great moments.

That's fair. Honestly, I just love the villain. The villain carries that case super hard.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Lmao

Nothing funnier than when Judge just randomly starts talking like he's competent and his court isn't a circus.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Sal Manella (the character) is the stuff of nightmares.

Remember when I told you you can really tell the Japan at times? Yeah... This series loves its pedophiles. It thinks pedophiles are really really funny and makes a point to feature one per game.

This one isn't even the worst one. Nah, that one's coming next game.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

>confronts a lady who you know covered up a “fatal accident” with incontrovertible proof she did so

>”I’ll talk to you, but only in my trailer as opposed to out in the open here”

>agrees

Even Phoenix Wright is dumb. They’re all idiots. I feel like Japanifornia is a red state…

Also she pulls out four mafia bros in the trailer but gives up when one detective comes in, even tho they have the numbers advantage and Phoenix and Maya can’t do shit, like just kill us. Oh well, now the trial should probably end because of the law thing, but who knows?

This is the first of the moments where everyone starts loving Gumshoe. He just confronts four massive bodyguards by himself to protect these people he barely knows. And he wins.

...It's also the first of the moments where Phoenix left his brain at home and refuses to report crimes that happen to him while in the midst of investigating shit. It's going to be ten times more frustrating next case. I'll talk more about it when you get there.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The most shocking twist of this case wasn’t that the mysterious and brooding woman was actually the murderer, but rather that Edgeworth helped out. With the most basic, obvious contradiction on the planet (“I didn’t bring my notes to the scene where we discovered the murder because obvy I wasn’t gonna need them, there was a murder lmao”) that I really don’t know how she ever thought was a good idea considering she hid a fatal accident for 5 years, but okay. And after that, she forgets which actor is the one who was injured? Why are your last hurrahs the easiest flaws to find so far? Aren’t you supposed to be smart? Although what I really don’t get is the entire cover up. If you killed him in self defense… why go through all the trouble to hide it? Yes there was the cover up from five years ago but attorneys detectives are now all over everything, keeping it covered up would pretty difficult. And all that to risk a probable life sentence? 0 IQ villain.

Anyway the next episode picture has Edgeworth on the cover, so Edgeworth development time.

Edgeworth trying to come up with something while he objects is one of the top 10 funniest moments in the series. Maybe even top 3.

As for the villain... I'd chalk it up to panic. She's clearly a shady individual, and her first instinct here was probably to try and avoid the trouble altogether.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hence why the games make a point of calling him old. By Japanese standards he might as well get a shovel and start digging his own grave.

If he can even dig a grave with his frail old bones.

She's 17.

Good to know I’ll be employed in a few months.

Remember when I told you you can really tell the Japan at times? Yeah... This series loves its pedophiles. It thinks pedophiles are really really funny and makes a point to feature one per game.

Wait I thought he was like 16

Japan no

but we get to prosecute them right?

This is the first of the moments where everyone starts loving Gumshoe. He just confronts four massive bodyguards by himself to protect these people he barely knows. And he wins.

Well, good for him. I mean it’s sort of his job so I wasn’t really wowed by it, the victory seems moreso because the villains are incompetent, but to each their own.

...It's also the first of the moments where Phoenix left his brain at home

Clearly you weren’t picking the wrong dialogue options to see what would happen

Seriously tho, those are so funny. Like if you show the wrong evidence to Powers at the end of the trial Maya just goes “umm Nick, you’re doing that thing again where you present evidence that makes no sense”.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If he can even dig a grave with his frail old bones.

That's so true, I'm his age and I really can feel the weight of the years. The other day I tried sledgehammering a rock and I couldn't split it in twain. My dad had to do it for me. He's 68, which means he has trascended age and become dragon.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait I thought he was like 16

Japan no

but we get to prosecute them right?

No, you get to laugh at them. They're really funny.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, good for him. I mean it’s sort of his job so I wasn’t really wowed by it, the victory seems moreso because the villains are incompetent, but to each their own.

Listen, the thing about Gumshoe is that he's so bad at his job, he ends up being really helpful to Phoenix. He's not supposed to do that.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Seriously tho, those are so funny. Like if you show the wrong evidence to Powers at the end of the trial Maya just goes “umm Nick, you’re doing that thing again where you present evidence that makes no sense”.

Have you tried presenting your badge to everyone? It's a rite of passage for any AA player worth their salt.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's so true, I'm his age and I really can feel the weight of the years. The other day I tried sledgehammering a rock and I couldn't split it in twain. My dad had to do it for me. He's 68, which means he has trascended age and become dragon.

Of course, everyone knows you can only still be strong above the age of 18 and 1 day if you’re a dragon.

Listen, the thing about Gumshoe is that he's so bad at his job, he ends up being really helpful to Phoenix. He's not supposed to do that.

so true

Have you tried presenting your badge to everyone? It's a rite of passage for any AA player worth their salt.

I’ve actually been presenting everything to everyone, for the most part.

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

How in the hell does Nintendo think they can even get away with some of this? Patenting a formula? This is pathetic, even for them.

Several other companies have tried, it never really goes through anyways. Courts shoot them down.