Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think apart from these three, everyone shown there is part of the starting army.

Fair. The elven, bestial, and winged peoples they mention haven't been shown off yet either.

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_070.jpg

Vanillaware background art still kicking it.

Do the backgrounds need that much detail? No. Do I appreciate it? Yes.😄

Honestly, how do artists even ever draw these tiny non-geometric details? They're repetitive, yet not simply a repeatable pattern. A whole lot of work for mere frills.

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_075-1024x

Nooooooo names for the dishes? Why? 🤔 The bottom looks like sashimi but that can't possibly be it. Looks a little too reddish to fresh bread IMO, though it might be. Top looks like some kind of pastry -but who would leave dough to soak in some kind of brown liquid? Braised cow's stomach then? IDK. The middle one is... either toast or a tarts, topped with eggs yolk unbroken, and slices of ham mixed in with chives or herbs sprinkled on top?

It is very important I figure this out.🧐

-I'll respond to your Spain pics later.🇪🇸 I'm on the same time zone as you, so you know it's kinda late and I want to be fully alert to appreciate them.🥱

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? What movie?

Took me a moment to figure it out. But cat + mortality and Arma mentioning the film some months ago had a surprisingly macabre element- the most recent Puss In Boots film.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Took me a moment to figure it out. But cat + mortality and Arma mentioning the film some months ago had a surprisingly macabre element- the most recent Puss In Boots film.

Aaaaaah, yeah, of course.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Didn't realize you were a fellow Doctor Who watcher. 

I mean, not everyone watches an episode from that long ago.

I myself haven't watched too much of the show but my brother was obsessed with it back in high school and since our TV room is also my bedroom I usually just happened to be there whenever he watched in on the television.

But on average he would just watch it on his computer so I only saw a few random episodes from various seasons.

And it's done. Kappei's route done. Five lights.

Hmm... I suppose I can see why now: It's more accurate to say the route is his and Ryou's, hence why her actual ending isn't to the same standard. Still... they got screwed overall I suppose. Poor guy didn't even got to appear in the anime.

And now I wonder how that would've gone. I suppose with the format they had to work with, there just wasn't enough time to squeeze his route in. Though I'm pretty sure that wasn't the reason he got canned, if Kaginado taught me anything. Anyway, assuming no such restriction existed... I think it could've easily been slotted into the first third of After Story. As in, the wrapping up portion before actually starting After Story content. Sounds about right. Most of Kappei's appearances would be sporadic throughout, then the main portion could happen by the tail-end. It has to be before Tomoya graduates, after all. I suppose it could work.

I cannot overstate how fun the FE3 dragon transformations are. Especially with Tiki who not only has her powerful Divine Dragon form capable of flight without being vulnerable, but can also transform into a Wyvern Dragon who is much weaker and vulnerable to arrows, but in exchange gets an insane 12 movement compared to the standard 7. Or the Demon Dragon, who lacks flight or any special attacks but is even more bulky than the standard dragons, including a complete magic immunity.
Fire Dragons and Ice Dragons also exist, but I don't think they do anything special. Those are just the fodder dragons.
The fact that you cannot cancel transformations at will also emphasizes their drawbacks. You cannot just use the 12 movement Wyvern Dragon to approach enemies, then use the unkillable Demon Dragon to wipe them all out. You gotta commit to your transformations.

Just how did we go from this to FE6 that basically reverted dragons to back how they were in FE1: The most basic of units imagine. Standard foot movement. Only attacking option is a basic 1 attack.
Except now dragon stones have limited durability. And boy, do they have limited durability. 30 uses. A unit that is only capable of combat, but can only throw out 30 attacks throughout the entire game. No way to get additional weapons from anywhere else either.
FE8 buffing the durability to 50 isn't exactly addressing the core problem there. But at least they also gave Myrrh actual flight, so that makes her a bit more interesting.

And of course the FE9/FE10 transformation systems were just a big dumb mess. But they were trying something there. I can most certainly respect that.
Still, at the end of the day all that would really have been needed was the FE3 system with a visible turn counter for the transformation.

And the less said about the travesty in the DS demakes, the better. Like wow, it's as if they expected that not a single person who played FE1 or FE3 would even bother with that one, because clearly they would be left disappointed.

Edited by BrightBow

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Today is Miyamoto's birthday

Happy birthday, Mr. Miya. Thanks for the Luigis.

There are more yellow cells than the other colors, so I assume those are yours.

Well, not quite. Those are just unimplemented supports.

...There's Izana/Shura, Izana/Takumi and Izana/Scarlet that's not mine, and the rest are mine. I've actually, well and truly, done more Izana than both IntSys and the rest of the mod contributors combined now. I have a problem.

Though I'm not sure if you'd choose to write for Setsuna or not.

Are you fucking kidding me? She's my favorite girl in Fates.

Yeah, they mixed up the height and length parameters I think.

Something like that. The iconic face was part of the glitch too.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Also i'm not gonna post it here because i'm not sure if it'll break any rules but we came across a shop called Caganer. Yeah so Barcelona has this little tradition where they make figures shitting themselves and it's supposed to bring good luck. Back in the ye olden times, because it didn't rain that often, farmers would just shit on the soil for fertilizer, so when the rains did come, that'd get washed across the field.

Ah yeah, good ol' caganers. Our funniest tradition, up there with that one time of the year when we run in front of bulls and then whine when our lungs get punctured.

I don't see how they'd break the rules?

F7_-QATXYAANmx2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

La Sagrada Familia, biggest church in the world. Didn't realize we had to reserve our tickets in advance tho.

Well, it's only the biggest church in the world, Antonio "sort of a big deal" Gaudi's final, greatest (even if yet unfinished) work and likely Spain's most famous landmark. I'm surprised there was even a queue! Must be the bureaucrats. Damnable bureaucrats.

Sorry

F7_-a3PXQAA7GJD?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Here's the chocolate version.

Peak. I cannot even begin to fathom the cost, but peak.

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_001.jpg

Meh.

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_006.jpg

Ew.

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_026.jpg

Okay.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I think I need to actually watch a Heavy Rain speedrun or two. One of the first things Ethan does is sitting mostly naked on the couch in the living room staring holes into the wall for several minutes.

Of course, silly! That's how you unlock the secret SHAUN skill, where Ethan obtains the ability to scream SHAUN regardless of where he is.

...Also I'm not surprised, but I really fucking love that the speedrun goes for the worst possible ending. Mr. Cagey "game overs are a failure of the game designer" Davey really did make a game where the most optimal path is to let the villain get away scot-free. It's optimal because you get to play less Heavy Rain

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Fire Dragons and Ice Dragons also exist, but I don't think they do anything special. Those are just the fodder dragons.

If I recall, they deal effective damage against each other. Although you can also use Magic for that (only in the SNES original, the remake removed that).

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly, how do artists even ever draw these tiny non-geometric details? They're repetitive, yet not simply a repeatable pattern. A whole lot of work for mere frills.

Built different.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't see how they'd break the rules?

Idk I feel like it's slightly NSFW.

I mean obviously not for Spaniards (or perhaps just Catalonians, I didn't see any caganer shops outside of Barcelona) but still, it's figures of people taking a shit.

Well, it's only the biggest church in the world, Antonio "sort of a big deal" Gaudi's final, greatest (even if yet unfinished) work and likely Spain's most famous landmark. I'm surprised there was even a queue! Must be the bureaucrats. Damnable bureaucrats.

I mean I just thought you could buy it up front.

Peak. I cannot even begin to fathom the cost, but peak.

Gotta do a Mission Impossible heist to eat this.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk I feel like it's slightly NSFW.

I mean obviously not for Spaniards (or perhaps just Catalonians, I didn't see any caganer shops outside of Barcelona) but still, it's figures of people taking a shit.

NSFW, pah. Culture, that's what it is!

I mean I just thought you could buy it up front.

There's probably way too much demand for that.

Gotta do a Mission Impossible heist to eat this.

Payday2_win32_release_2014-07-24_11-05-0

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

NSFW, pah. Culture, that's what it is!

No of course, I'm just saying. Definitely caught me off guard when I realized what the figures were actually about lol.

2023-11-17_12.55.38.png?ex=6569cb06&is=6

Incidentally, chocolate treehouse.

I really hope nobody comes around and eats it. I may be forced to toss them in the furnace.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No of course, I'm just saying. Definitely caught me off guard when I realized what the figures were actually about lol.

Imagine being a country where part of your culture isn't figurines of people shitting. Couldn't be me.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2023-11-17_12.55.38.png?ex=6569cb06&is=6

Incidentally, chocolate treehouse.

I really hope nobody comes around and eats it. I may be forced to toss them in the furnace.

I understood that reference.

On 10/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, Armagon said:

On one hand, it's Inti Creates so it's based. On the other hand, it's a game based on fucking Love Live, like do i really gotta do that?

It is awesome

On 10/26/2023 at 6:21 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Doing okay. I wandered into a gay server and wrote a bunch of Fates yaoi for no particular reason. Now I'm replaying Revelation. I will make Gunter viable, watch me.

Thanks for your service

On 10/26/2023 at 6:21 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I cannot remember the convo, but I recognize the Rev guy. Youtube threw his videos on my reccs a couple times. Always gave me a bad vibe, I'll say. Came across as that one guy with the anime pfp spamming slurs and whining about people of color and wömen being too important in videogames.

Yep.

Anyways I'm probably gonna be inactive again lol.

Kept on going a bit in Last Scenario. Hilbert joined up the Republic's army, presented his seal marking his heritage of the great hero Alexander, which turned out to be legitimate, and now he's being added to this fancy special divison of the army currently busy with... general clean-up tasks. Because we got to gain EXP somehow. Still in the generic part of the game, but everything I've heard about it indicates it's going to change in spectacular fashion at some point.

The team consists of four characters with portraits, two of which appear in the game's artwork seen in the download page. I don't have high hopes for the other two avoiding horrible things happening to them.

I definitely miss Exit Fate's systems. MP regenerating in battle, bribing enemies to prevent a fight, this one's combat is a lot more generic and shallow. So far. Though I do appreciate the existence of this tent item that's a full recovery but only at save points. At least I don't have to be returning to inns all the time.

...And then, much like back in Exit Fate, the first proper boss happens and all of a sudden the game is difficult. Not quite as awesome as when Exit Fate did it, I feel like I barely have any options right now, but still. Good omen, once again.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This was shared on the sub

Yay FE4.

5 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Thanks for your service

o7

6 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Anyways I'm probably gonna be inactive again lol.

That's fair. Pop in whenever you feel like.

Boss fight was pretty funny too. The set up was that the captain of the team was struggling against it until we arrived. Hilbert took the team's veteran mage with him, and the boss was  weaker to magic. She initially refused the help, insisting she could handle it, until the mage manipulated her into letting us help.

...Both of us died, and the captain ended up finishing it herself by throwing our supply of damage items at it. She really could handle it!

We are back fellas. A nice short a week ahead of the anniversary.

"60 minutes ago I was a brilliant woman" so this takes place like immediately after then (where does the Liberation of the Daleks comic take place then?)

Edit: oh RTD specifically asked for that comic's timeline to take place within an hour so this right after that I suppose.

Edited by Armagon

0iZcBZtO_o.png

Ok, no, yeah, you've sealed your fate. You and blondie over there are dying a horrible death at some point down the line.

...Unless the "stop being generic and turn the tropes on their head" part applies to you and you get to live. Sheesh, just knowing that that's going to happen does wonders for this story. I keep wondering when it's going to happen, and how.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But if the game expects you to think that, then it might subvert expectations by actually killing them off.

I honestly have no idea. It's being SO heavy-handed on the tropes, but knowing the premise is just muddying the waters. Like the woman telling Hillybilly he's the chosen one and a descendant of the great hero and all that jazz. It seems so obvious she's evil... Too obvious. It'd be a bigger subversion for her not to be evil.

I suppose we'll see when we see.