• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Did by any chance anyone ever make a hack for Mystery of the Emblem that gives all the characters unique palettes and therelike?

I would imagine that most FE3 hacks were made by the Japanese community, which would make searching for them difficult.

RTD: "we made the decision to have Davros appear before he became disabled because having such a twisted villain be disabled would be offensive for the disabled community."

Russell. My guy. I promise you nobody was offended that Davros the bad guy was disabled.

For those who don't know, this is how Davros has generally looked like

12-4417mb.jpg?ex=656a8f88&is=65581a88&hm

A design that dates back to the 70s. Nobody looked at this guy and thought "this is pretty offensive for disabled people" especially when one of the most iconic villains of all time is a guy with four prosthetic limbs and life support.

There's nothing wrong with "pre-chair, actually looking human" Davros as shown in the minisode I posted but if the reason was "muh inclusion", then RTD just created a controversy where there was none.

This obviously didn't affect the writing quality itself (for now) but I really hope there's someone to reign in RTD here and there. There is such thing as being too kind.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0iZcBZtO_o.png

Ok, no, yeah, you've sealed your fate. You and blondie over there are dying a horrible death at some point down the line

He should die for the simple fact that his name is Jord.

Glup Shitto-ass name.

Hmm, I wonder if the lights' positions are based on who gives them or just show up like that every time. Right now they almost look like they want to shape the Big/Little Dipper, so I wonder if that's intentional.

My rate of play on MK2 Raze side declined, and I slipped in a few Re-Boot Camp matches just because it's light enjoyment. -But I'm making sure I don't leave Fall of Alchemy unfinished like so many other games I played a good ways into, I'm getting close to done with it.

Comparing the time from my first playthrough clear data and my current save file's, I've spent 23 hours with Raze so far. Ulrika's first blind run took 45 hours, I feel like I could've shaved some more on this NG+ with item inheritance play. If I take another 8 hours to finish (all I have left is the current week's boss, then the final full unit of assignments-bonding-dungeon, then final bond event and final dungeon), then I suppose I spent 15 hours on gathering, synthesizing, and re-synthesizing on the initial playthrough, which sounds unexpectedly short. 

Not entirely unsurprising given Ulrika's route, but there isn't actually much serious plot for Raze. In a way it feels like even less since at least Ulrika fought a personal baddie a few times and Raze hasn't. It'll once again be endgame-loaded development. A combination of same school events unfolding some of the time, and what deviations outside of those Raze gets from Ulrika are partly wasted on more of Flay's purest idiocy. At this point I'd say one would play Mana Khemia 2 not for the plot differences, but for the differences in characters.

Speaking of characters, 4/5 of everyone's events are done.:

• Raze is... eh as the last non-Dusk male main character (and the first since pre-Iris to use a nickname). Not bad, a bit antisocial, just nothing really appealing to him either. I'm doubtful my opinion will change much if at when the story completes.
  • Yun is a pleasant character in himself, but his events have been consistently dull and lacking. Not bad-cringe, just bland and shortchanged, they could've written better ones for him.
  • Et, her emphasis on her brother is bleh, but her all-energy-zero-brains personality doesn't bother me, perhaps it's even slightly nice.
  • Lily is easily the most annoying of the lot, but at the same time her events have made me anime-cringe in a good way.😝 Whim as her servant is a nice enough character too.
  • Puniyo says nothing readily intelligible. Yet she has brought on the Punis, and for that I am thankful.😄 I think I'll pick her for the ending instead of Yun -provided Gust doesn't pull a last-minute JAPAN!😑 and ship Raze with a literal five-year-old. That'd really ruin things.

Still the better group in MK2. At least in characterization, gameplay-wise I am missing Enna because geez bosses spam way too many time card attacks and I have nobody to stop them.

Mario RPG remake stuff... No, I don't have the game. I'm watching videos of it already, though.

Spoiler

O-M-G I so LOVE what they did with Culex. The whole thing. Regular fight and the post-game rematch.

11 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Did by any chance anyone ever make a hack for Mystery of the Emblem that gives all the characters unique palettes and therelike?

I would imagine that most FE3 hacks were made by the Japanese community, which would make searching for them difficult.

I don't believe so, but you'd have to look in the JP community.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

He should die for the simple fact that his name is Jord.

Glup Shitto-ass name.

Eh, I saw worse in Exit Fate. That one dude called Sick, or the other dude called Outsider lol

The three playables got stranded on an island due to Hilbert's heroic naïve self wanting to rescue some civilians from the base we were attacking, which caused us to miss the boat the two unplayable teammates had boarded. They got spooked away by a bunch of soldiers firing arrows at them. Thus, we were forced to take a detour to a fishing village where we conveniently found a fourth playable. This isn't Exit Fate, you don't just lift a rock and four playables crawl out from underneath.

In the middle of this, a scene played back at our outpost, where the two unplayables talked for a bit. Jord dropped another death flag by bragging about how he's going to surpass all of his brethren. Then brutal fighting ruckus was heard, Unplayable Girl asked what's going on, fade to black and I'm back with the playables at the peaceful village.

Well, there's an obvious conclusion to this. We'll see if this is where they start to mix things up, or if they'll keep their cards close to their chest for a while longer.

EDIT: Nope, not yet. It's still playing exactly as one'd expect. Good thing I know for a fact this won't last lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Perhaps a full naked body pillow of Sigurd would be more refined to your tastes.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

RTD: "we made the decision to have Davros appear before he became disabled because having such a twisted villain be disabled would be offensive for the disabled community."

Russell. My guy. I promise you nobody was offended that Davros the bad guy was disabled.

For those who don't know, this is how Davros has generally looked like

12-4417mb.jpg?ex=656a8f88&is=65581a88&hm

A design that dates back to the 70s. Nobody looked at this guy and thought "this is pretty offensive for disabled people" especially when one of the most iconic villains of all time is a guy with four prosthetic limbs and life support.

There's nothing wrong with "pre-chair, actually looking human" Davros as shown in the minisode I posted but if the reason was "muh inclusion", then RTD just created a controversy where there was none.

This obviously didn't affect the writing quality itself (for now) but I really hope there's someone to reign in RTD here and there. There is such thing as being too kind.

Here's the thing right, is he a badass? Darth Vader is disabled but is also badass as hell and can hold his own. What's usually offensive about disabled portrayals is that they're either infantilized as people who can't think or do for themselves, or they're portrayed as pathetic evil cowards that stand no match against the white able bodied heroes which uh...definitely has some uncomfortable ties to the idea of Social Darwinism.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I thought you'd love to sleep with FE4

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He's just being a tsundere about it.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Perhaps a full naked body pillow of Sigurd would be more refined to your tastes.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Here's the thing right, is he a badass? Darth Vader is disabled but is also badass as hell and can hold his own. What's usually offensive about disabled portrayals is that they're either infantilized as people who can't think or do for themselves, or they're portrayed as pathetic evil cowards that stand no match against the white able bodied heroes which uh...definitely has some uncomfortable ties to the idea of Social Darwinism.

Davros is one of the few characters that has struck The Doctor with genuine fear

Davros isn't evil because he's in a chair, he's evil because he created a mutant race of genocidal maniacs genetically engineered to hate anything that isn't Dalek. The ultimate racists. Daleks may have plungers for hands but a single Dalek can kill a city of one million people, they are the most dangerous race in the universe.

Edited by Armagon

Should also mention how the response has been mixed even among the disabled community. Half of them are like "yes I agree the reason for the change" and the other half feels slighted that RTD even saw Davros as a character who embodied that negative trope in the first place.