horn where

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Inti Creates Cinematic Universe

Is bloodstained COTM part of it too

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

latest.png?ex=65765e7c&is=6563e97c&hm=1b

wasn't her game released this year?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

After that, redo the final level again to access the true end of that route.

just redoing the level with no requirements?

• Replies 177.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It's cool but i feel like i'll be executed if i say i feel like it's a bit much. Like, it's definitley saying "yeah we got Disney money now" but idk.

Capaldi-era intro clears anyways.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

horn where

Somewhere. Hidden. Out of sight.

But there's a fuckton of dialogue that heavily suggests the connection. Ok well maybe not a lot but enough. Even Inti is in on it, though they've never outright confirmed it.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Is bloodstained COTM part of it too

Unironically yes

wc96b2gzxb861.jpg?auto=webp&s=51d3229943

I mean being real this one's just an easter egg. But hey, there it is.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

just redoing the level with no requirements?

Yeah there's nothing else to it after that.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wait there's an english version

huh

I think it came in the CDs. There's also English versions of Reincarnation and Beyond the Blue.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean being real this one's just an easter egg. But hey, there it is

Well, that explains why the level i just played felt like right out of bloodstained

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Beyond the Blue.

Reincarnation English is the one i posted above

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wasn't her game released this year?

Well the one you should play yes. Grim Guardians.

But Gal*Gun predates Gunvolt as a whole.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Reincarnation English is the one i posted above

Ah. They have different titles in English so i got it confused.

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...i wouldn't call 30 hours JRPGs long, either. Pretty short, infact XD

*For the genre. Which is an extremely big asterisk.😝 Should've bought Cthulhu Saves Christmas for an Actually Short JRPG.

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Monday is coming and i am doing my best to resist it's call. One of the reasons i probably impulse bought GV2 now instead of next sale lol

Oh god, Monday is here

:sob:

I'm sure I've thrown this at you before, but...

Spoiler

Not sure if I've tossed out the anime adaption vocals version.😃 Your current choice of game made me think of this.😝

-If it distracts your mind at all, a blabbing explanation of the above two robots.😅:

Spoiler

Fairlion S(ilver) (blue) and Fairlion G(old) (red), identical mobile weapons 15.4 meters in height.

The Fairlions were ordered by Princess Shine of a little fictional kingdom. Initially as purely ceremonial machines, but the resumption of humanity-threatening war led them to be armed for conflict. They're officially byproducts of Project TD (Terrestrial Dream), which has the entirely-unrelated goal of allowing humanity to explore the sea of stars.

Letting a loli princess/head-of-state with no real military training go into battle is to some, objectionable. Hence the existence of two Fairlions.

Fairlion G is piloted by Princess Shine and has a Brain Wave Controller to enhance her natural precognition abilities for the prediction of enemy attacks. Fairlion S is piloted by her dear friend Latune, who b/c childhood of being a test subject who eventually was discarded b/c of a mental breakdown, happens to be an extremely-talented pilot.

The Fairlions have the W-I^3NK (the "3" is supposed to be written like an exponent on the "I") System. The W-I3NK System allows the pilot of one Fairlion to take over the controls of the other unit. When necessary, Latune can do the dodging and attacking for Shine, without compromising her own combat situation b/c Latune is that good and presumably can easily multitask.

They also both have Energy Fields, anti-missile Jammers, and all-purpose Hyperjammers atop brilliant evasion capabilities (a carryover from Project TD). Which the Fairlions kinda need b/c they're extremely fragile. They also have dance moves programmed into them. The programming of the choreography into the mechs having been done by middle-aged robot-engineering men, who watched a lot of idol stuff in college and used to impress their colleagues at parties by doing the idol moves themselves.

To you, my sympathies as always.🙂 In part b/c existential thoughts have been returning to my skull.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Second, for GV2, it's a bit strange. There's two true endings, one for each route. You have to complete each route once. After that, redo the final level again to access the true end of that route. It's slightly convoluted but i guess due to how the game was structured, there wasn't an alternative?

Now that's reminding me of the Muramasa alternative endings which you just watched online b/c you didn't feel like grinding.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Should've bought Cthulhu Saves Christmas for an Actually Short JRPG

Classic Ys go go

To you, my sympathies as always

Thankies! (for the music as well)

In part b/c existential thoughts have been returning to my skull.

and you take care of yourself as well! Don't let them get to you!

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now that's reminding me of the Muramasa alternative endings which you just watched online b/c you didn't feel like grinding.

Does Rebirth still keep the sword grinding too?

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Classic Ys go go

I need to quit lallygagging and act fast, the Steam sale is almost over.😅

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

and you take care of yourself as well! Don't let them get to you!

I mean, what else am I supposed to think when the pretty-blind old dog wakes me at 5 in the morning and I have to feed 'em and let 'em out while it's still kinda dark?😑 I stood waiting for them to go back to the bedroom, kinda tired and kinda cold, taking in the surreality that is existence.

...I paused my mental health search that had been in motion... sometime in mid-late October I think. It was moving -yet going nowhere at the same time b/c it seems like literally every psychologist in my fairly-affluent state was booked.🤨 I need to resume the search, but have no idea whether to change target to a counselor or social worker or psychiatrist (four different possibilities, similar, yet different, and I'm inclined to think the 'ologist best for me). Going for something else would almost certainly get me somebody to chat with, but is that the best solution?🤔 -And that's how I ended up stopping the search.

If only my brain had stayed enraptured in stupid lovey fanfiction thoughts. But alas, it could milk the one melodramatic situation it kept repeating and tweaking only so many times over the course of several days.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Does Rebirth still keep the sword grinding too?

I never checked, it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't change that. (At least you could even in the Wii version try doing those dens loaded with enemies to make some of the grind kinda meaningful? Or go fight the other character's non-final bosses for a couple accessories IIRC?)

I know the new stories (disconnected from each other, they were released separately over time) each have two endings, although I'm not sure how you get the seconds.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Hm? Well, feel free to.

---

Okay, I think that will be enough Xenoblade this weekend. As before, I'll only be using the Switch on weekends due to time. Well, until next time.

Hmm... I wonder. I would squeeze some more Clannad time before bed...

Oh, they become a couple way earlier than in the anime. I suppose in the latter there was some thematic sense to happen at the end of her route, and that of the season for that matter. Still, interesting.

Okay, now I must retire for the night...

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? So the button presses for salvaging aren't random? Well, I guess that makes it much better to deal with then...

I think it changes sometimes slightly but yeah, the salvage points generally each have their own button presses and timings.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Unironically yes

I mean being real this one's just an easter egg. But hey, there it is.

I've played both COTMs and I don't get the reference. Is this something in those games that I just didn't see?

15 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

..i wouldn't call 30 hours JRPGs long, either. Pretty short, infact XD

Meanwhile a good couple thirds of the RPGs I've actually enjoyed (all six of them) were in the 20 hour range.

Like, Lisa ends in 10 hours if you know where to go lol. And the longest is probably... Either Octopath 1 or Exit Fate at 40 hours. I don't remember how long octo 1 took. Maybe a few hours longer than that.

Imagine a JRPG's gameplay loop staying fun and engaging for 100 hours lolololol couldn't be me

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Since my return, I feel tempted to post a Rita Repulsa GIF.

Hello. I remember seeing you around a few times in old threads and the like.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ve played both COTMs and I don't get the reference. Is this something in those games that I just didn't see

This is a tower in Gunvolt - the start of the final act, infact

r3ajnIB.jpg

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine a JRPG's gameplay loop staying fun and engaging for 100 hours lolololol couldn't be me

Fire Emblem :sip:

r3ajnIB.jpg

No, I mean, I never saw that screen Armagon posted.

Fire Emblem :sip:

SRPG, doesn't count. Much more difficult to make combat interesting when there isn't a grid.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

o, I mean, I never saw that screen Armagon posted

...Apparently Nightmare mode only, according to Google-sensei

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SRPG, doesn't count. Much more difficult to make combat interesting when there isn't a grid.

Not like Grid magically makes it better.

FE just hits different

...Apparently Nightmare mode only, according to Google-sensei

Ah, it's probably a COTM 1 thing, right? I never finished that one, I only did all of COTM 2 with a friend.

Not like Grid magically makes it better.

FE just hits different

In my experience it usually does. It adds a bit of complexity and a few more variables that RPGs desperately need, because there's only so many ways to make a combat system as limited and restricted as traditional JRPG combat interesting. Hence why most JRPGs resort to "grind encounters for stats" and then I don't like them.