Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

I hoped, Shrimpy. I hoped.

"Hope dies the last, but when it dies, it dies a gruesome death"

That said, and you know how much i hate Rean and everything CS, i found Lloyd's parts in CS5 worse. Much worse.

Only C's part i found fine, really, but not enough to make me not drop the series

• Replies 179.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

"Hope dies the last, but when it dies, it dies a gruesome death"

That said, and you know how much i hate Rean and everything CS, i found Lloyd's parts in CS5 worse. Much worse.

Only C's part i found fine, really, but not enough to make me not drop the series

"Hope will never die!" 

I'm not THAT bad, just most things Rean, other characters are okay to me.

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

It comes out this coming Summer though. Xd

IIRC it's Kuro 2 that has everyone in an uproar, and who knows when that will be released.  I'll definitely pick up Kuro just to see how the train wreck starts.

I'm not THAT bad, just most things Rean, other characters are okay to me.

I really really really hate how they made even Crossbell about that damn curse.

"Hope will never die!" 

See, that's why you have Lucina PFP and not me xD

Just now, eclipse said:

IIRC it's Kuro 2 that has everyone in an uproar, and who knows when that will be released.  I'll definitely pick up Kuro just to see how the train wreck starts.

Kuro 2 is a godly improvement from 1 from a gameplay PoV at least!

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I really really really hate how they made even Crossbell about that damn curse.

I initially felt the same way, but I am really trying to give it another chance. 

*hugs*

I initially felt the same way, but I am really trying to give it another chance. 

*hugs*

The Trails support group, I guess.  I like Crossbell but damn if they were done dirty by Erebonia.

Just now, eclipse said:

That's a good thing, at least?

Well, its no secret Kuro 1 is a mess, and 2 FINALLY added enemy S-Breaks in the game lol.

I dont wanna spoil anything for you, thought so i'll leave it at that.

Just now, eclipse said:

The Trails support group, I guess.  I like Crossbell but damn if they were done dirty by Erebonia.

I still love the series, even if my initial distain for IV/Reverie hurt it a bit. I am still going through and giving it a chance.

I gave it too many chances, i am thankful i got out of this toxic relationship and enjoying many more other games out there XD

I know i am the one who got alot of people here into the series, but the master has to leave sometime

I still have fond memories of the series, but they are vastly overshadowed by bad ones, sadly.

Even the final bonding events weren't my issue with the game, and i did not like those (some of the early ones are good. As much as i hate to admit it, hearing Rean say "i'll let the world go to Gehenna before anything happens to you." To Musse was really heart-warming)

Edited by Lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I gave it too many chances, i am thankful i got out of this toxic relationship and enjoying many more other games out there XD

I know i am the one who got alot of people here into the series, but the master has to leave sometime

I still have fond memories of the series, but they are vastly overshadowed by bad ones, sadly.

Well, I did not mean to bring it up, I apologise!

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but they also call it the "Ring of the Maiden".

It's the companion to the Ring of the Unicorn. Unicorns are said to be drawn to pure maidens and I don't think that's because they're horny.

-But I'm half-playing devil's advocate here. Of course I want Lex to snuggle with the future Alain Rex.🤗  

As an aside, if the game really is "try fighting the final battle whenever you want, go wherever you want in the meanwhile", how is the plot going to work then? A set of separated regional tales? Vanillaware you're as well aware as me is used to doing multiple stories in a single game (and does them fairly well), but it still leaves me concerned how strong the central narrative is going to be. Particularly with the much bigger cast and perhaps light fantasy political considerations that might be involved. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

They could've gone with a Brenner avi instead.😛

Well, I did not mean to bring it up, I apologise!

dw, i am over it.

And funny enough, i am kinda interested in Kai lol. But also i will keep looking at it from outside, just like i have been doing the last few years

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They could've gone with a Brenner avi instead.😛

Cosmo what do you think

8 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I still love the series, even if my initial distain for IV/Reverie hurt it a bit. I am still going through and giving it a chance.

So do I, though I really didn't mind Reverie.  It was fun putting all those characters together for a nice brawl!

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And funny enough, i am kinda interested in Kai lol. But also i will keep looking at it from outside, just like i have been doing the last few years

Nothing wrong with window-shopping or glancing from afar.😀 Sometimes there are those games that seem interesting, but personal reservations abound. LPs exist if reading a summary of the game's events tempts you into wanting to see more of it. 

I also saw one comment explaining that the "Kai" kanji in this case means "world, boundary", presumably as in isekai. The later ports of prior Trails games also used "Kai" in their Japanese names, but that Kai used a kanji meaning "change, revision", which is presumably the same kanji that gets translated in SRW as "Custom", referring to giant robots that have been given some kind of tune-up making it a little different from the base model, e.g. Valsion Kai/Custom.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As an aside, if the game really is "try fighting the final battle whenever you want, go wherever you want in the meanwhile", how is the plot going to work then? A set of separated regional tales? Vanillaware you're as well aware as me is used to doing multiple stories in a single game (and does them fairly well), but it still leaves me concerned how strong the central narrative is going to be. Particularly with the much bigger cast and perhaps light fantasy political considerations that might be involved

Between main quests and side quests, I think the overall narrative will be just fine. I'm more concerned about the level scaling.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But also i will keep looking at it from outside, just like i have been doing the last few years

You'll be looking at it from the outside anyways given it'll be localized 2030 along with Ys 10.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, it's a spiritual successor to Suikoden made by Suikoden's creators. It remains to be seen whether it's a Mighty No 9 or a Bloodstained, but Suikoden's main draw was always its massive cast of a hundred characters.

I was actually thinking of Shenmue III in regard to "million dollar Kickstarter games that turned out... eh" rather than the obvious Mighty No. 9. Something something anime fan on prom night.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Warning! Shenmue III I read was a total flop!😛

To put it precisely, decades had passed since Shenmue II, what was once memorably innovative in gaming, had become utterly antiquated. Also, the reason aging fans had been so eager for a sequel, was to finish the damn story -yet it seems Shen' III failed to do that. A Shen' IV is rather unlikely now.

This, basically. It's pretty funny that it ended on another cliffhanger. Though hopefully Eiyuden Chronicle won't face any issues.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've heard that basically people expected Kuro 2 to advance the plot but it didn't because it was more of a gaiden chapter. So some are disappointed. And Act 3 is kinda rough.

I'm staying open minded but I heard Rixia is barely in the game, which must be what people are complaining about.

36 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Though said prologue introduced Lapis, and Lapis rules.

The queens

1a1Y7Vp.jpg

The wacky potential party combinations are fun, as well.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

it's still cold steel lmao what did you expect

After having played it, Reverie is more like "Trails to Azure 2 featuring C and Rean" than anything else.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I know 😭

Well, there're enough games to play anyway

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

After having played it, Reverie is more like "Trails to Azure 2 featuring C and Rean" than anything else.

Azure 2 but awfully written maybe, and with Rean stealing the spotlight again

ie nothing like Azure

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Speaking about games to play

Next year is fucking stacked. Like really fucking stacked i need to clear my backlog before April

Meanwhile for me it's.....just Unicorn. Aside from obligatory Inti Creates and obligatory Atelier, so far 2024 is super light for me.

Maybe we'll finally get Metroid Prime 4.