• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Not even on Drunkmas? 

Are you kidding me, and miss my chance to sass my parents for using me as the designated driver so they can indulge in a bit of wine-dipped sponge cake?

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Especially on Drunkmas

Then how does one find holiday cheer at this time of year Shrimp-kun?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are you kidding me, and miss my chance to sass my parents for using me as the designated driver so they can indulge in a bit of wine-dipped sponge cake?

Hope y'alls Christmas is going well.

Doctor Who crazy good this week.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I mostly agree but I'm going to miss English Minilla.

Why does this sound like Fred Flintstone?

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I agree, but why should JP dubs just get a pass? Because we can't understand it and therefore it sounds better? Really?

Japan is the second largest exporter of media behind the US. This means that Japanese gets spread around a lot. However, unlike English, Japanese isn't the international language so there's a bit of uh, "specialness" attributed to it. The average person is less likely to know Japanese than English.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You've mentioned chicha before, and it came up in the Archaeology article was I just reading. The Peruvian alcoholic version was consumed by the Taki Onqoy (Quecha for "dancing sickness") religious/cultural resistance movement to Spanish/Catholic authority in Peru during the 1500s. Participants in the resistance would drink chicha, enter a trancelike state, and then perform frenzied ritual dances. Other members of the community would make revere the dancers, make animal sacrifice, feast and do some dancing and drinking themselves over events lasting a couple days, all to appease the traditional Andean gods- the huacas. Spanish/Catholic authorities were terrified by the maddened dancing which was totally not-Christian, and so suppressed the movement. Although local frenetic dancing traditions in the areas where the Taki Onqoy once existed continue to show influence from the failed cultural rebellion, occasionally with extreme acts such as walking on fire or eating glass.

Interesting history. I knew chicha went way back, although i do believe that the alcoholic versions predate the non-alcoholic ones by way longer.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

My poor Bouchy Boy, I gave him one of my votes (and I was stingy with votes), but he still did so poorly...

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG20231225195736.jpg?ex=659c9a88&is=658

I can now say i own Xenogears physically.

That is rather cool. Have fun playing on that classic play station hardware.

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Have fun playing on that classic play station hardware.

That's the neat part, i can't. I don't have a PS1 lmao so this is just a collector's item for me.

But it is a sign i should replay the game this coming year. Last i played it was in 2018.

Just now, Armagon said:

That's the neat part, i can't. I don't have a PS1 lmao so this is just a collector's item for me.

But it is a sign i should replay the game this coming year. Last i played it was in 2018.

Eh, Play Station 1s are fairly cheap now a days (and I think PS2, and PS3 are both backwards compatible with PS1 games as well for more options).

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Eh, Play Station 1s are fairly cheap now a days (and I think PS2, and PS3 are both backwards compatible with PS1 games as well for more options).

If anything, i'll get a PS3, if only because PS3 emulators are pretty bad. But that's not a priority for me and i'd rather save up for a PS5.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, what an ending.

Hmm, I could start The Golden Country now... but there are some things left to do in the main game, which I'll focus on first.

(Missed this) congrats on finishing the game. If you're doing post-game, T-elos is now avaliable in the summoning pool.