Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

If you like this, DL it ASAP. Nintendo might take it down eventually like they did the Kirby 30th anniversary concert, and then take down any fan uploads later.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Would that include the menus I wonder. Persona's menus have become part of it's identity but would that really work with P1/2?

The menus are pure function over form in the old three games.:

187759-image182.jpg68747470733a2f2f662e636c6f75642e67697468

Could they be stylized? Maybe? (This is all the PSP version BTW, PS1 originals were grey text boxes.)

320px-Persona-2-Innocent-Sin-PSP-Title.pimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXhXuvExvzdrbTUxdYPQT

-And yes, P5 wasn't the first time Persona used red as a game's signature color. (That second combat image is just to show it remained the same for EP.)

68747470733a2f2f662e636c6f75642e6769746875622e636f6d2f6173736574732f353037373036332f313138363736312f63353230633063362d323332312d313165332d393235662d3266366662363630383566372e6a7067ISVzUS2.png

P1's color was gray. Bland wouldn't you say?

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screenshot_2024-02-09-09-37-09-11_40deb4

1_B2i4LKTL40I1Cpij9fgo3w.gif?ex=65d8dd8f

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The menus are pure function over form in the old three games.:

Yeah that's what i'm saying. Atlus games getting fancy menus is usually only for Persona games so i wonder if a P1/2R would also get the 

ipbHHznQo74WYgnLwNzp5J.jpg

or if they would go form over function.

31 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

After playing Sky SC again, i'll always love its storyline to death, but there is no denying the gameplay is... Not good.

Still better than most what came after except Sky 3rd

Sky 3rd is where gameplay peaked imo

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Still better than most what came after except Sky 3rd

Sky 3rd is where gameplay peaked imo

I still would honestly say 3rd is way too flawed. Arts still rule the game, which imo gets stale after a while.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

I still would honestly say 3rd is way too flawed. Arts still rule the game, which imo gets stale after a while.

too flawed but still the best xD

And tbh Arts don't exactly rule there, some of the strongest characters in Sky 3rd were physical ones

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

too flawed but still the best xD

And tbh Arts don't exactly rule there, some of the strongest characters in Sky 3rd were physical ones

Richard literally carries craft users, anyone else is best of arts casting.

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Richard literally carries craft users, anyone else is best of arts casting.

Tita

Joshua

Estelle

Cutielace

Are all better as craft users

Cutielace after she gets her Sword rules

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tita

Joshua

Estelle

Cutielace

Are all better as craft users

Cutielace after she gets her Sword rules

Joshua is a disagree along with Estelle imo. AT Delay lost it's magic after SC. Anelace shouldn't even get fielded most of the time lol

Tita is the only other "real" choice here.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

Joshua is a disagree along with Estelle imo. AT Delay lost it's magic after SC. Anelace shouldn't even get fielded most of the time lol

iirc some of Estelle's crafts have pretty low delay - lower than normal attack

And Anelace is pretty strong - really really strong

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

iirc some of Estelle's crafts have pretty low delay - lower than normal attack

And Anelace is pretty strong - really really strong

Estelle hardly deals damage, though. XD

I don't know if effort vs reward is there.

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

build issue

My Estelle was pretty stronk

See the thing about arts, is you only need action/cast for it to take off. 

2347.jpg.webp?v=1660220887%C3%84gyptischer_Maler_um_1360_v._Chr._001.jpg

Same person.

...My eyes were bleary this morning, so I decided to delay my finishing of SRW GC by a day, and instead did some catching up on my reading. Burnt through an entire Archaeology issue.

The internationalization of the worship of the goddess Isis (how did I not know her actual, Egyptian name was "Aset"?🤨).

Plenty of other fascinating reads in there too. The original Spanish capital of El Salvador (200 Spaniards, 5000 indigenous), which lasted less than two decades before it was entirely abandoned -with practically everything physically taken from it- for a new one. Sunken treasure of gold & silver comprising the majority of 76,000 objects found in a Chinese river, treasure that had been plundered by an infamous warlord during the decades of turmoil that comprised the Ming-Qing transition. Arrowheads in a cave in southern France, created by Homo sapiens 54,000 years ago during a brief 40-year period. Modern humans who would've been the only people of their species in Europe at the time b/c the rest of it was occupied by literal Neanderthals and it wouldn't be for another 10k years before H. sapiens moved into Europe en masse.

And, a collection 23,000 cuneiform tablets written in Assyrian between 1900-1840 BC. They comprise the world's oldest significant collection of written correspondence, but less than half have been translated and published. Written by merchants in the ancient city of Kanesh (modern central Turkey), many of them record business transactions, but some detail personal life in other ways. One tablet was written by a woman, Zizizi, during an epidemic in Kanesh in which her sister caught ill and died and her husband was infected and would soon die as well. The 4000-year-old clay letter from the woman to her parents 750 miles/1200km apart in Assur (modern Syria), reads: "I can't manage anymore," "There is no one with whom I can speak and no one to give me satisfaction. You are my father and my master, you are my mother; please write me a tablet with friendly words. ...and give me your encouragement! If your tablet does not come soon, I will die!". -Sounds like people could've related to that a few years ago.🦠 Later, Zizizi remarried to a local Kanesh man, but her parents wrote back "Before god, you do not treat me, your father, like a gentleman! You have left the family!", because she wasn't supporting the family business as much as she should've after her second marriage. -Nothing like witnessing ancient family outrage.

🤓

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah that's what i'm saying. Atlus games getting fancy menus is usually only for Persona games so i wonder if a P1/2R would also get the 

or if they would go form over function.

I suppose it depends on how much heart Atlus would put into the remakes. Whether they'd treat the old trilogy fairly and give them sufficient remake resources. Or, if Atlus would prioritize profits over intra-franchise-fairness, and give P1/2R the minimum, to making breaking-even/avoiding big losses as easy as possible.

If they went all-out or whatever's "reasonably fair", no reason they couldn't stylize the UI. For Innocent Sin, some starry/horoscope-themed decorative flourishes on the menus would be appropriate.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Adel has 25 spear rank. On chapter 7. He's actually closer to his goal than both mages, Daoud, Elbert, Sherlock, Kramer and Christine.

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask- orbs are finite, you need 30 Wind/Thunder, bases of 6/9. My question- by the time they promote, how many charges will Aegval have left? Congratulations, you promoted Thunder Boy! Enjoy the +2 Mag for his ten remaining attacks!😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, done with Humphrey...

... yeah, gonna withhold going to the old shoe house just yet. Will finish Orange Oasis first...

Okay, it's done. One Day Left Headspace. Time to truly go into Hikkikomori Route... hmm... should stop here for now.

Well, I did played a little bit more. Fought Pluto and Earth and reached the top of Snowglobe Mountain. Will fight the boss tomorrow maybe. Definitely stopping now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt