• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Many don't seem to realise that instant Death works on Shining Poms, so Death Scream makes quick work of them while getting absurdly quick XP + Sepith (the max Sepith of any one kind per battle is 70 in Sky)

Well, sure, but when you're against three Poms it still is. By the final chapter, there's no point in defeating more than one at a time unless it's for the EXP / item-drops.

Sweet XP is a good enough reward. Makes endgame battles much less... stressful. XD Of course, that's on higher difficulties, so I don't think you need to worry about that!

The recent DLC update for Pirate Warriors 4 added some new AI behavior. One where they keep spamming an obnoxious invincibility sidestep. Rather annoying, but above all else I just find it really strange that something this fancy would be added several years in.

I initially thought it was just used for the new DLC mode for the strawhat enemies, but it turns out that behavior can be found in the Dramatic Log as well.
So far I noticed it on Franky in "Leaving the City of Water! Goodbye, my Beloved Children.", but he stopped doing it after the first knockdown. Bellamy did it in "Frenzied Whirlpool, The Corrida Coliseum." And Hakuba did it in "Stop The Birdcage! A Countdown to Destiny."

Idk, maybe this is a case where the behavior was always intended but never got activated due to a coding error.
That would explain why Hakuba has an animation for it. Because PW4 replaced the dodge maneuver with the Power Dash, so there is really no reason for the new characters to even have a dodge animation.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's because they're set to appear with Cath, and if you kill her in chapter 6 you get no thieves in 8 or 12 either.

iirc the strat is to wait until Ch.12 to do it so you can get the most lockpicks.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TBF, wouldn't every game for the Virtual Boy be exclusive, given the... peculiarities of the console?

Yeah but it still shouldn't be a high bar to clear.

Did you know? If Alear never gets into Super Smash Bros., then Engage will be the first non-remake FE to not get a main character in Smash since The Sacred Stones.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:09 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, Estelle, I can forgive you for not taking with you all the end-gear stuff I gave you last game... this time.

Considering the earlygame equipment is statically better than FC's endgame equipment, it would be outclassed quickly either way. Now, where Estelle's mira went is another matter.

13 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J277.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J278.png

Again, very very strong aversion to considering the princess an actual heir. It almost feels intentional at this point.

Don't worry, Arvis will rewrite the law to allow absolute primogeniture after he and Deirdre have seven girls in a row. It's not like Azmur can come back as a ghost to haunt them over it or anything.

(Fun fact, the first real life monarchy to adopt absolute primogeniture was Sweden in 1980.)

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Considering the earlygame equipment is statically better than FC's endgame equipment, it would be outclassed quickly either way. Now, where Estelle's mira went is another matter.

Yeah, but that's gameplay and story segregation. Relatively speaking, if that equipment showed up in SC too, then it'd be scaled accordingly too... and shoved again to the endgame.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Leave 'em unpromoted I'd say. The infantry spearman (without heavy armor) has been one of the most common grunts in IRL history, FE-like games need more.😀

As for promotion title... Landsknecht is a historical term FE hasn't used much. Yes it's a chore to spell right if you aren't German, but they were historical notable pikemen (also mercenaries), and could also swing a halberd or sword, perhaps shoot a crossbow or an arquebus gun (depending on their specific assignment within a unit) as well. While I've seen the term Landsknecht used before, if you wanted to go slightly more obscure, Reislaufer is the German name for what are usually simply in English as "Swiss pikemen/mercenaries", who directly preceded the Landys as Europe's notable foot soldiers with long pointy sticks.

Spearman grunt promoting into landsknecht for crossbows and swords? Sounds like a thing to me. I'll definitely suggest it on the kickstarter for Berwick Saga HD that's totally starting in 150 months.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

iirc the strat is to wait until Ch.12 to do it so you can get the most lockpicks.

We've discussed it before, but you don't need a hundred lockpicks to open everything in FE6 - heck, with Chad's, Astolfo's, the one in the chest in 12x and the one stolen from Cath in chapter 6, you already have 120 uses. So there's, well, already over a hundred lockpicks without even needing to let Cath live past chapter 6. I haven't counted them but if I had to estimate I'd say there's roughly 60-70 things to open in the game? And that's counting stuff like 21x's useless chests, 6's lower doors nobody opens, a number of rooms with chipped walls, etc.

Usually in past runs I tended to just burn through one. You have more than plenty with just those four picks. I can only imagine the people waiting until chapter 12 to kill Cath are just getting the lockpicks to sell. And at that point I'd say just kill her at the end of the game to get the maximum amount of money.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Eh, every Berwick cavalry unit becomes a spear infantry when dismounted. Well, most of them anyway.

Especially Leon and Adel, who get the standard Infantry movement typing that the actual Spear Soldier class has. So there really would be no point in making it a playable class.

I suppose there is also an Infantry exclusive Spear, but that thing sucks.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Bah, who needs lance infantry.

Now, mech lance infantry, on the other hand...

Super Robot Wars X: Explore 30 years of Anime behind the new release!

Reminds me, I heard somebody claim that Daiohja is technically related to the Daitarn-Zambot-Tryder trio, in the same spiritual way as Combattler-Voltes-Daimos are. Not sure if true, but visually? Right away, I could totally see the design similarities, which might be putting it mildly, although 'ohja makes the most in-universe sense (from what little I know) to have that full-armor samurai aesthetic.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me, I heard somebody claim that Daiohja is technically related to the Daitarn-Zambot-Tryder trio, in the same spiritual way as Combattler-Voltes-Daimos are. Not sure if true, but visually? Right away, I could totally see the design similarities, which might be putting it mildly, although 'ohja makes the most in-universe sense (from what little I know) to have that full-armor samurai aesthetic.

Well, Tryder and Daiohja, at least, seem to have been made by the same team. Despite Zambot and Daitarn being Tomino works, Tryder isn't, despite being nominally part of the trio. So no surprises there with Daiohja.