Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Unlike the other DLC stages, this one doesn't have a reward. Oh well...

Okay, second map. Were Saji and Louise relegated to only show up in a DLC stage? Anyway, seems Joe and Banjo don't see much eye to eye. Would've caused an actual fight if not for Exev's men showing up and try to kill them both. So now the fight will be against them.

Enemies are a mix of DG Alliance mechs but also Federation ones. Without surprise, the latter are AI controlled while actual Exev Subordinates pilot the former.

Hm? Interesting. Joe is a traitor, hence why Exev is targeting, but Banjo seems to think he is also under the crosshair due to something related to Don Zauser's final request. Hmm...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Now that is a real nuisance. Your best bet is waiting til the HRE is distracted by some larger war.

20240225105446_1.jpg?ex=65ee16c6&is=65db

What a coincidence.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Southern Italy. So much for "Mongols can't swim".

They bought lots of Aqua Modules for the horses.

Ahaha, Sally was working part-time in Saji and Uribatake's factory? Forget cross-piloting, the best crossover moments are just where she ends up working.

Okay, last DLC map. It's another training exercise, but this time for the battleship captains. So it's another simulator, where only the battleships are playable. Despite functioning as one for all intents and purposes, Shin Getter Dragon is not here. So it's just eight. Or seven, if the Garenceries wasn't unlocked. Enemies are a Gamillas fleet... for now, I guess.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I don't hold modern Trails to the standards of wether a story is good or not.

Do what I do and rate off character designs. Lol

Okay, time to continue.

Scenario 41

The group comes out of wrap. At last, back in the NCC Dimension. The group ended somewhere between the Milky Way and the Large Magellanic Cloud. I like how the battleships are in a diamond formation. Despite the DLC map, Shin Getter Dragon is present. Curiously, I see the Garenceries at the very center. I'm guessing it's so that, in case you didn't got it, it wouldn't disrupt the formation. And naturally, Yamato is at the head. It's basically like this, going by rows:

Yamato
Ra Cailum, Nahel Argama
Eternal, Garenceries, Nadesico C
Tuatha de Dannan, Ptolemaios 2 Custom
Shin Getter Dragon

Anyway... hmm, this has to be one of the very few SRW's that takes us out of the Milky Way. Then again, going outside the Solar System itself is already uncommon as it is.

So a quick look on the timer. One month passed after Yamato left Earth when they ended in the AD Dimension. Four months have passed between that and this point in time. So five months total. Only seven left to reach Iscandar and back to save the NCC Earth... and who knows how long the timer is on the Space-Time Fusion being kept in check by Aura. According to their planned schedule... the Yamato is three months behind. Though now with the Boson Jump, they can make up for lost time.

If Melda was recruited, this is where she leaves the party. She had only joined until she could get back to Gamillas territory... and well, she's back now. So after some farewells, she leaves, and the group proceeds to warp again.

They end up before a Subspace Gate. Cross Gate? The group ponders if they can use it, though they'd need to make it operational again. However, one failed Zirelian attack later, a Gamillas Fleet shows up. Seems the Subspace Gate belonged to the ancient Zirelians, now subservient to Gamillas. Well, those who are left. Or just the one left? From how the character said it, at least.

Anyway, let's go!

Domel actually can retreat before his HP reaches 0. He's given orders to retreat, either way. But now Gardim forces show up, and among them are... the OG Protagonist you didn't choose. Well this comes out of nowhere.

They seem to remain cryptic about their joining of Gardim. In any case, once defeated, they retreat, and the map ends. Back to business, the Subspace Gate will be made operational... and used.

Okay, I think that's it for now. Will resume next weekend.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Seeing a goofy-ass mfer on Twitter start Unicorn Overlord localization discourse. This is what he's mad about

20240225_183400.jpg?ex=65ee4377&is=65dbc

FF Tactics did the exact same thing and people love that game but annoying mfers on Twitter lose their shit if things aren't 1:1.

With a snap of my fingers, every annoying mfer who complains about localization not being direct 1:1 will cease to exist and the sun will rise on a grateful universe.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

while Wonder tried to shake up an old formula, it did end up feeling formulaic eventually.

Badges needed to be used more.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Seeing a goofy-ass mfer on Twitter start Unicorn Overlord localization discourse. This is what he's mad about

FF Tactics did the exact same thing and people love that game but annoying mfers on Twitter lose their shit if things aren't 1:1.

With a snap of my fingers, every annoying mfer who complains about localization not being direct 1:1 will cease to exist and the sun will rise on a grateful universe.

Dude, you'd remove more than Thanos did.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

These people legitimately prefer this.

SLUS-00958_2024-01-09_23-18-40.png?ex=65e79b84&is=65d52684&hm=d40fe1fab8118da7ebbc71c5fd288c0018ce0f1d793ed422c20e04cecd84b51d&SLUS-00958_2024-01-09_23-30-34.png?ex=65e79d3e&is=65d5283e&hm=7e91d2813dead2d98da7e6af4b97db44c2a2df18c58ba8593fd4c4bcfbc1d1db&

Okay I mean the typos are a low blow but these are the only screenshots I have handy even if we forgeted for a moment that the typos are there, this text is dry enough to kill someone via dehydration. But, 100% faithful probably, so that's awesome! We love our games with elementary school level English!

Anyway, I don't know why you're surprised, Armagon. This happens to literally every Japanese (any letter here)RPG that has come out in the last 5-10 years or so.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Is the thread lagging for anyone else

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

With a snap of my fingers, every annoying mfer who complains about localization not being direct 1:1 will cease to exist and the sun will rise on a grateful universe

That means you will as well due to Gunvolt 😛

That said, i read that what Gammel said in jp if you let him go is completely different and gives a completely different vibe - can't confirm if it's true tho

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay I mean the typos are a low blow

Yes, i could do the same with official loc. Lol

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This happens to literally every Japanese (any letter here)RPG that has come out in the last 5-10 years or so.

Good

Many of the complaints are stupid i agree - but many are also very legit

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Badges needed to be used more.

That's a good point, outside of the short badge challenges, all levels were designed not to require them. I stuck to the ! Block badge the entire time.

Whoever invented the springy jump though, oh that's a difficulty booster alright.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

🤝

Is localization a science or an art? The answer is BOTH.

...We wouldn't be complaining though if the Internet was a place capable of calm, dispassionate discourse wherein everyone respected the opinions of others. -Regarding this one particular matter specifically, and leaving the neutron star-dense eight-letter p-word 1000% aside.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, I don't know why you're surprised, Armagon. This happens to literally every Japanese (any letter here)RPG that has come out in the last 5-10 years or so.

Was hoping the game would be niche enough to be spared.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That means you will as well due to Gunvolt 😛

And that is destiny fulfilled.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That said, i read that what Gammel said in jp if you let him go is completely different and gives a completely different vibe - can't confirm if it's true tho

Jury's out if he was actually telling the truth tbh. We'll see.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Many of the complaints are stupid i agree - but many are also very legit

I need people to complain about shit like the funny Beruka/Saizo C-Support and not "they changed "hello" to "hello there"".

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That's a good point, outside of the short badge challenges, all levels were designed not to require them. I stuck to the ! Block badge the entire time

The final final level uses all of them. Probably the hardest 2D Mario level ever.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The final final level uses all of them. Probably the hardest 2D Mario level ever.

I can feel the impossibility radiating towards me.☀️

-Thankfully, I'm not going to even try unlocking it. I knows my limits.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Was hoping the game would be niche enough to be spared.

This is the Internet, and it's a (J)SRPG published by a well-known brand. Not a visual novel that only five people have read. The sad part is popular enough to attract T&L Internet "debate", is not necessarily popularity enough to get a good flow of fanart, I think.

Still, better than the XC2-FFVIIRebirth Swimsuit "controversy" which I happened to glance is a thing right now? Or are you perfectly sane and avoiding that at all costs?😛

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still, better than the XC2-FFVIIRebirth Swimsuit "controversy" which I happened to glance is a thing right now? Or are you perfectly sane and avoiding that at all costs?😛

I couldn't escape...

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Was hoping the game would be niche enough to be spared

isn't it a bestseller

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I need people to complain about shit like the funny Beruka/Saizo C-Support and not "they changed "hello" to "hello there""

you can't have one without the other, sadly, and i'd rather have them then not.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Someone complained about it? I mean, not surprised, but still...

Basically pointing out the double standards that people give Xenoblade 2 specifically about fan service vs fanservice in other games.

It's true tbf but the nuance is lost on Twitter.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

isn't it a bestseller

Uhhhhh it's Vanillaware so it's selling like five copies 😔

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Basically pointing out the double standards that people give Xenoblade 2 specifically about fan service vs fanservice in other games.

It's true tbf but the nuance is lost on Twitter.

Humans and Hypocrisy. Name a more iconic duo.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think those who like it going on in FF are the same who are hating on XBC2

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhhh it's Vanillaware so it's selling like five copies 😔

I think this is hitting more than the usual VW crowd - it caught attention in many spaces in general

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I don't think those who like it going on in FF are the same who are hating on XBC2

Some are going to be at least, for sure.