• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was gonna make a comment but then i looked it up and the other games are on the Play/App Stores. So that's why. Oof.

WitchSpring R is a remake/overhaul of a mobile one as well - although all the games are "full games" - no gacha or monetization - you pay once you get it.

3 has a steam version and Switch version as well - but it doesn't look nearly as good as R is (and i don't mean just graphics, but comparing both you can notice a massive difference)

Might grab 3 if it goes into a deep sale or smth - and hope 2 and 4 get the R treatment - although 2 is just 1 from a different PoV and you see parts of that in R so they might skip that?

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GG_KLZha0AAs6LE?format=jpg&name=large

she sounds fun lol

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

t does not seem like battles will scale. So preferably you want to take a look around each region to see what battles you can do before you overlevel yourself.

hmmm i do not like this, especially with how open the game is

but who knows

Or maybe they scale with areas cleared instead of levels - that wouldn't be so bad

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

hmmm i do not like this, especially with how open the game is

but who knows

Or maybe they scale with areas cleared instead of levels - that wouldn't be so bad

I will say this: levels do not work like in Fire Emblem. I did a Quest that had the rec level at 6. I had some units in the 8-10 range. But those enemies could still hit certain units pretty hard. Levels are also individualized, just because character A leveled up doesn't mean character B in his unit also leveled up.

I was playing on Easy so i can't say for sure but it's possible that your actual levels matter less than Tactics, weapons, Leaders, etc. I mean hell there were some units that even gigachad Josef couldn't put down in one hit. And he's Lv.20. Armors especially, those mfers actually do their jobs lmao.

Edited by Armagon

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This game doesn't have a PC port, wasn't it?

UniO?

Nope! Vanillaware hasn't ever made games for PC. Not yet at least.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Do they be like... Iron Wall?

Needs a universal barrier to go with it, that's truest durability.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

impossiburu

Yeah Armors basically require you to hit them with mages or that one class specifically designed to beat them. And even then, Unit composition means it's not that easy.

Yeah the more i think about it, maybe levels really don't matter that much. Or to a point at least.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Do they be like... Iron Wall?

Actually yes. Hodrick the Armor Knight has a Valor Skill that negates damage for one round (but i think it's bugged because it didn't do that or maybe i'm just not getting it). But they can also take hits for your squishier members.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Actually yes. Hodrick the Armor Knight has a Valor Skill that negates damage for one round (but i think it's bugged because it didn't do that or maybe i'm just not getting it). But they can also take hits for your squishier members.

Hm? What did it actually do?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? What did it actually do?

OHHHH I read it wrong. Negates *stage* damage. So AoE attacks. Like Ballistas.

Oh! @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- One thing to note that could balance levels: yeah you could send your Mage Unit to take out that Armor.....but it's real time. So on the way to hit that Armor, you could get intercepted by Cavalry, for instance. 

Yeah outside of like the very beginning with Josef, I don't think this is a game you could brute force even if you wanted to.

I was away for a while, so sorry if I am commenting on somewhat old things at this point.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:01 PM, GuardianSing said:

It was never casual.

Causal was not a typo for casual. A causal relationship is one where one of those things is the cause of the other. What I was trying to say is that I don't think the existence or details of religions really matters to how misogynistic a society is. The mythology is always just a smoke screen, an excuse for inappropriate behavior made to bait those who give people the benefit of the doubt, and the more intellectually minded to fall into a wasteful pit of analysis.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:33 PM, Newtype06 said:

I want to apologize (again) to my fellow Teehee Madness comrades, I strained my arm muscles and couldn't play anything this last week. Tomorrow I will probably finish my part.

Don't worry about it. Truth be told I am behind on my next update as well, meant to get it out last week, but I got to distracted by preparing for, going to, and now recovering from the gaming convention I was at last weekend. Hopefully I will get it up some time tomorrow, or the day after.

On 2/17/2024 at 10:21 AM, Armagon said:

In Persona 3, to even begin the Social Link with the shyest girl of the group, your Courage stat has to be Badass. That's the max btw. Starting a Social Link with like half the party requires you to max out your social stats apparently. On one hand, that means it's not gonna randomly pop up midway through like in Persona 5. On the other hand, i hear these things still take eons to rank up.

The Social Links with party member are treated rather differently in Persona 3 than in the later Persona games. You can only form an individual Social Link with the ones you can date, and the main reason to do so is to date them, as your party members have their own arcs independent of the player character. Also each of those date possibilities require one of your social stats to be maxed out (max Courage for Fuuka, max Charm for Yukari, max Academics for Mitsuru, Aegis is a bit of an exception to that, as her social link was added in later editions of the game, but is locked to basically the end of the game).

On 2/17/2024 at 3:18 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I offhandedly mentioned to my friends that yesterday was my birthday and they got me a cake behind me back. A cake they asked me about and I picked out, but it was for a 52 year old aunt one of them had that was turning 53. As a peerless tactician of many battles and even some victories, I completely failed to realize the connection between this and my prior comment.

It felt nice.

Happy belated birthday. Sorry I wasn't active at the time.

On 2/17/2024 at 3:28 PM, ping said:

Where is Benice when you need him?!

Yeah, I miss that kid. I see him browsing the site every now and then, but I guess he doesn't have the time, or means at college to be as active as he was.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:18 PM, BrightBow said:

Still, most hardcore shopkeeper since the guy from Link's Awakening. Although that one is hard to beat, considering that he just murders you on the spot.

He also renames the player to Thief, and prevents you from getting the best ending, which is a shame as the max rupee cost bow is obnoxious to get.

On 2/19/2024 at 9:18 AM, GuardianSing said:

20240218232724_1.jpg?ex=65e6007b&is=65d3

Revenge

Starting on what was jokingly called tutorial island back in CK2 is classic. Have fun, the more dynastic focus, as opposed to nationalistic focus of CK makes for an interesting take on the Paradox grand strategy games.

On 2/20/2024 at 3:10 PM, Lightchao42 said:

I finished Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the first time. The lategame was harder than I was expecting, but it was a fun time.

Congrats, its one of the good 3d Sonic games. Are you going to try and unlock the secret level by getting all the medals? I never did as a kid, but could probably pull it of now... hmm...I might have to put that on my game backlog now...

On 2/20/2024 at 4:01 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

---

As a side note, it's surprising that it took that long for FE to do it, despite all the various revival or pseudo-revival methods that existed.

The closest they came is its possible for one of the Dead Lords of FE5 to be a corpsified Evyle, a mother like figure to Leif...

On 2/21/2024 at 6:49 AM, Armagon said:

It does say something about mainline Megaten and Persona when the best strat is to just wait for the updated port to come out.

Yeah, its like the old 3rd version of Pokemon games. I do have a lot of nostalgia for those, as they aren't really replaced by DLC. It was a chance to change things for the better in retrospect, while keeping the heart the same, with both versions still being complete games.

On 2/21/2024 at 11:14 AM, GuardianSing said:

If I had a nickel for every time a lady in her mid to late 30s got me as a wrong number and started coming onto me when I acted kind in response I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.

That either indicates those poor women have tragically lonely lives, or that Guardian Sing has a super sexy voice.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's like, Shrimpers, Bow and me who like it, Armagon is allergic to fun, it wasn't quite Observer's cup of tea and the rest haven't played it. I think that about sums it up.

I started a blind ironman LP of the game, but got a bit distracted...

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J283.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J284.png

I'm only just now realizing I forgot to repair the broken sword which I probably need to beat this boss. brb.

Having it does help a lot (even against Reptor, as it gives +20 Mdef), but you can certainly get away with using one of the other holy weapons

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J286.png

Nevermind, Bridget got it. You can come back Sigurd.

Like so. Also just out of curiosity, did you get to see the battle convo between Lex and his father?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J291.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J292.png

The selfishness of a father who'd rather die in battle than take care of his kid.

Not to mention the cruelty of sending Oifey away... I might be letting Oifey's ending sway me a little there.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J294.png

No! I haven't been able to see your promoted animations yet!

Don't worry, Ethlyn is too strong and independent to let her husband send her away without fighting.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope! Vanillaware hasn't ever made games for PC. Not yet at least.

Well, that's what few doubts I had gone lol

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

this girl is down bad horrendously (I know Ruben would just execute her instead). But would you, Ruben? You'd make her old man of an uncle sad. Do you want to make the old man with a beard and moustache sad? He joins you too but only if you spare the girl. What will it be, Ruben?

We discussed this before, I believe.

Yeah I'd spare her. Uncle's gotta join.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh! @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- One thing to note that could balance levels: yeah you could send your Mage Unit to take out that Armor.....but it's real time. So on the way to hit that Armor, you could get intercepted by Cavalry, for instance. 

Yeah outside of like the very beginning with Josef, I don't think this is a game you could brute force even if you wanted to.

This part is basically Vandal Hearts 2 2. Well, it didn't look quite as deliberate as VH2's system, but I only saw the very beginning, which is basically just "Old Seth carries" and VH2 is one of my faves, so that's a good thing.

...but then, no PC, so. Wah wah.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J298.png

"Now my first move to do this will be robbing my newly wedded wife of all her agency and claim to the only position of power she would've ever had. Make sure her memory stays wiped just so it'll be easier to convince her

Arvis do a little hypocrising.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...did you sell your switch or something?

Nah, but you know me. I vastly prefer playing on PC.

That, and this looks like something I'd definitely want to pick up on a sale. I'm not confident enough I'd like it. Then again, I suppose Nintendo's abhorrence for sales does not extend to developers putting their games on their console. How's Vanillaware's history with sales, out of curiosity?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not confident enough I'd like it.

That's what the demo is for 😉

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How's Vanillaware's history with sales, out of curiosity?

They have a game on 75% sale on the eshop atm

Is having gameplay fit around the narrative a good thing? Like, if a character is claimed to be absurdly strong, should the gameplay reflect that?

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The Social Links with party member are treated rather differently in Persona 3 than in the later Persona games. You can only form an individual Social Link with the ones you can date, and the main reason to do so is to date them, as your party members have their own arcs independent of the player character

I do remember seeing that be like universally disliked. Didn't matter which version of the game you preferred, forcing you to date multiple girls to get the Social Links left a really bad taste in people's mouths. I don't know if the game had reprocussions over that like PS5 did but a change Reload made that everyone likes is that you can get Social Links from the girls while just remaining as friends.

which is a shame as the max rupee cost bow is obnoxious to get.

I do remember rupees being less of a problem in the remake.

Yeah, its like the old 3rd version of Pokemon games. I do have a lot of nostalgia for those, as they aren't really replaced by DLC. It was a chance to change things for the better in retrospect, while keeping the heart the same, with both versions still being complete games.

It's funny because I think the only time a 3rd version was the true definitive was Platinum. Crystal added the first female MC, Emerald had the Battle Frontier but other than that, it was merely another version (also Emerald made Wallace the Champion, which many saw as a downgrade).

It was Platinum that actually made some real noticable differences in how the story plays out and whatnot, a cleaner aesthetic too. And then they never did it again.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah I'd spare her. Uncle's gotta join.

Honestly as far as I can tell, there's no real incentive to actually kill off any potential recruits either. Yeah you can hire generics to replace them but so far at least no one's a Shura.

That said, if you want a super 100% complete log, as long as you saw the event, it'll register. So if you want to fill out the event log with both outcomes, make a save before finishing the stage and then just watch both.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How's Vanillaware's history with sales, out of curiosity?

As Shrimpy said, there's a game that's 75% off on the eShop. But Vanillaware games have different publishers. UO is published by Atlus, notoriously known for making Nintendo sales look commonplace.

But hey, five hours of a demo. Free five hours. You could play that and then decide if you want to spend the Euros.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.png

Two weeks.

The snow cap on the twintails is a nice touch.

Blue haired chick on the top is Alain's cousin, it'd be really fucking funny if you could marry her. Come on VW, make the Kaga real. Fully embrace your Fire Emblem inspirations (this game unironically has the Cain and Abel cav duo).

27 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Is having gameplay fit around the narrative a good thing? Like, if a character is claimed to be absurdly strong, should the gameplay reflect that?

Depends on the game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I do remember seeing that be like universally disliked. Didn't matter which version of the game you preferred, forcing you to date multiple girls to get the Social Links left a really bad taste in people's mouths. I don't know if the game had reprocussions over that like PS5 did but a change Reload made that everyone likes is that you can get Social Links from the girls while just remaining as friends.

There is a scene that only plays (or rather, plays longer) if you had a high enough social links... though only with select girls, not all of them.

I believe it is a meme about Makoto being "better" than Joker in this regard. And also about not mattering since... you know... Door-kun.

The closest they came is its possible for one of the Dead Lords of FE5 to be a corpsified Evyle, a mother like figure to Leif...

Ah, right, forgot about that.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Blue haired chick on the top is Alain's cousin, it'd be really fucking funny if you could marry her. Come on VW, make the Kaga real. Fully embrace your Fire Emblem inspirations (this game unironically has the Cain and Abel cav duo).

Or, you know, since historically cousin marriage didn't had as much stigma as sibling marriage until recent times. Not just in Japan.

This final battle is pain:

474ecee02d421b13e3734ddf728d4b23.jpg

It seems like the player has the upperhand being on the outside while the enemy is trapped... Not really how this works.

47 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

only if it doesn't completely break the balance or make the game bad.

Gameplay should always, always, always take precedence over everything else, combined.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Blue haired chick on the top is Alain's cousin, it'd be really fucking funny if you could marry her. C

just a reminder

RkfTv4h.png

even if most of the world sees it unfavorably (and rightfully so), you guys over the pond are one of the few ones that make it super weird, especially legally.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't know if the game had reprocussions over that like PS5 did

Kinda, there are certain things that can cause your Social Links to "reverse" (where you need to apologize to fix them, and might even loss progress), or possibly even break them entirely, and one of those is when you get to a point of officially dating a girl (but before creating an unbreakable bond by maxing it out), and then go on a date with another girl. It is one of many little quirks that makes maxing all social links on a New Game run very difficult to plan out (another one being that actively ignoring an in progress Social Link for too long can also cause a "reverse").

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

a change Reload made that everyone likes is that you can get Social Links from the girls while just remaining as friends.

That honestly sounds like a noticeable improvement.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's funny because I think the only time a 3rd version was the true definitive was Platinum. Crystal added the first female MC, Emerald had the Battle Frontier but other than that, it was merely another version (also Emerald made Wallace the Champion, which many saw as a downgrade).

It was Platinum that actually made some real noticable differences in how the story plays out and whatnot, a cleaner aesthetic too. And then they never did it again.

There is a solid argument for Yellow to be the definitive edition of RBY, but I can't really argue with the fact that Platinum was by far the most improved 3rd version.