Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, can't access Writing.com... guess I could write up stuff to post it frontloaded when I can access the site again... or maybe even just start writing Chapter 10 already...

• Replies 178.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This one isn't roguelike at least, thank God.

Odd, I see the word being tossed around here.:

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/03/inti-creates-announces-card-battling-rpg-card-en-ciel-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do wonder how you'll feel about Noah/Mio when you eventually get around to it.

"Soon". If it weren't for UO which I'll begin Friday now, I'd have started it. But then I've been saying XC3 is high on the Switch docket for like half-a-year by now.😅

Though I have seen you praise the couple before. -But as a matter of extreme caution, I'll naturally assume the game will somehow utterly tank in every which way for me, including them.😆 If you go in afraid of a game being an abject failure, then anything that seems kinda decent becomes a huge relief.😝

---

BTW @Shrimpy -Limited Edition-, with less than 24 hrs on the Steam spring sale, I picked up Felghana and Naphistim. Sounds odd when I haven't gotten to II yet, but I wanted to grab something during the sale, they were cheap enough, and I was going to buy them eventually no matter what, it doesn't really matter when.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

with less than 24 hrs on the Steam spring sale, I picked up Felghana and Naphistim. Sounds odd when I haven't gotten to II yet, but I wanted to grab something during the sale, they were cheap enough, and I was going to buy them eventually no matter what, it doesn't really matter when.

You actually reminded me to pick something up. I had some funds lying around from my birthday (cool cousin gifted me Steam funds lol). Grabbed this game called En Garde, which I've had described as Spanish Swashbuckler Sifu But Worse, which frankly sounds right up my alley, and this other game called The Case of the Golden Idol, which has been described to me as Return of the Obra Dinn, which is also right up my alley.

I'll play them... sometime. Currently too busy trying to scrape some bits of personality from Seth's soon-to-be cold, dead body.

Sunny is one bouncy Beholder.

And I suppose that stasis field is gone permanently. But I suppose it makes sense. If the anti-magic cone didn't disable it, everyone entering the room most certainly did. Wouldn't be much of a trap if the monsters in stasis wouldn't get unfrozen when someone steps into the room.

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1300.html

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hmm. It sounds more like it's roguelite in the same way Mystery Dungeon is? And it specifically mentions the card battles being roguelite and not the traversal itself.

GJNZR_cWwAEPn_X.jpg?ex=660edc10&is=65fc6

Fire Emblem Awakening (2011) and Fire Emblem Fates (2015)

For the record, i'm doing Alain/Scarlett for the main file because that's very obviously the pairing they want you to do but i have a second save here so i can see the other outcomes. Because yes, the marriage has plot relevance.

Kinda wanna remove Battle Cry from Daoud and give it to Axel instead. Hiding out in the bushes and preparing to set up the perfect killing blow suits him, given what a backstabber he is.

UO: Kaga Bridge

Me: Bear Cavalary

Was a fun map tho. Furryland and Brexit are proving to be quite fun

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I picked up Felghana and Naphistim.

Ayy

Enjoy when you get to it 😄

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

i'm doing Alain/Scarlett for the main file because that's very obviously the pairing they want you to do

Boooo 😛

They aren't even trying with it and like, the worst one in the game imo, even as Brexit is improving my opinion on Scarlett.

Ot atleast from the or many i viewed.

Also Scarlett isn't the only one the game is pushing.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

have a second save here so i can see the other outcomes

You can do that post game - changing partners to see their ending

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

52 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

They aren't even trying with it and like

Literally the first main quest is Alain agonizing that Scarlett was kidnapped lol.

the worst one in the game imo,

Alain/Scarlett is above a few other pairings at least:

Alain/Virginia is sus as hell (cousin that looks like mom that acts like sis).

Alain/Chloe is bad because that'd be NTR'ing Lex and I just can't do that to my boy.

Alain/Monica for the same reasons as Alain/Chloe.

Alain/Ochlys because Ochlys belongs to Sharon only. Those bitches gay as hell, good for them.

You can do that post game - changing partners to see their ending

Actually based as hell.

Edited by Armagon

53 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ayy

Enjoy when you get to it 😄

Locator-map-Fergana-Valley.jpg

Apparently, the Han Dynasty went to war with a kingdom in Ferg(h)ana, primarily to acquire Fergana horses. These were "heavenly horses" of such high quality that the Chinese coveted them greatly (from what I'm generally aware, dynastic China had a long history of trading with Central Eurasia to obtain superior war horses, while exporting things like tea and silk). The steeds of Fergana are also claimed to have been "blood-sweating horses", a detail as memorable as it kinda gross.

image.png

I saw these today.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alain/Virginia is sus as hell

Best chemistry tho

Infact, something like this with shared experiences, pain, and helping each other is what i wanted from Alain/Scarlett.

Alain/Virginia is romantic af, and Alain needs someone to girlboss him tbh

https://old.reddit.com/r/UnicornOverlord/comments/1bk743f/what_maiden_did_you_get_to_the_altar_and_why_im/

Even most answers here are Virginia 😛

Alain/Chloe is bad because that'd be NTR'ing Lex and I just can't do that to my boy.

Funny enough

Chloe and Lex don't end up together lol.

For it to be NTR Lex would need to realize the meaning of romance first xD

Also

Alain/Chloe is the only ending where it's confirmed they

Spoiler

Get babies lmao

Alain/Ochlys because Ochlys belongs to Sharon only

Their supports with Alain still better that Scarlett's and have more chemistry 😛

Literally the first main quest is Alain agonizing that Scarlett was kidnapped lol

This is Alain he would so the same for an Ant 😛

Alain/Monica for the same reasons as Alain/Chloe.

You see, Alain/Monica is funny. Scarlett doesn't even get that

True otp is me x hating mining tho

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Apparently, the Han Dynasty went to war with a kingdom in Ferg(h)ana, primarily to acquire Fergana horses. These were "heavenly horses" of such high quality that the Chinese coveted them greatly (from what I'm generally aware, dynastic China had a long history of trading with Central Eurasia to obtain superior war horses, while exporting things like tea and silk). The steeds of Fergana are also claimed to have been "blood-sweating horses", a detail as memorable as it kinda gross.

You do love history as much as i do math 😄

Even more!

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I saw these today.

Cute

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Best chemistry tho

Infact, something like this with shared experiences, pain, and helping each other is what i wanted from Alain/Scarlett.

https://old.reddit.com/r/UnicornOverlord/comments/1bk743f/what_maiden_did_you_get_to_the_altar_and_why_im/

Even most answers here are Virginia 😛

And the award for least unexpected take goes to... The local Oshi No Ko fan.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Baltrofroy

I liked the fact that he's just a garbage bag with a beard. They barely even bothered with this dude lol

Didn't see much of his character (the one scene of his I saw, he got overshadowed by this towering lady in full body armor) but he seemed entirely forgettable.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah the Oshi-

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And the award for least unexpected take goes to... The local Oshi No Ko fan.

Aw man, beaten to it.

This is Alain he would so the same for an Ant 😛

He literally said the war would lose all meaning if he lost Scarlett lmao. 

For it to be NTR Lex would need to realize the meaning of romance first xD

Give him time.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Aw man, beaten to it

Rare Ruben and Armagon same braincell moment

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He literally said the war would lose all meaning if he lost Scarlett lmao

Ok

And who does he succ? Gilbert not Scarlett 😛

Scarlett is one of ships the game heavily pushes, yet the one with the least effort, chemistry and development. I can see the potential, but the game went nowhere with it, aside from it being "standard"

Also i am pretty sure he says the war meaningless thing multiple times.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Give him time.

If he doesn't realise it at the ending when will he xD

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good to see the shipping wars are alive and well.

Something something serious business