Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You will understand when you play the game how OP cat ears are

Just looked it up. Yeah, that does look rather overpowered.

...Wait, but do accessories show up on the unit sprite or is this just a "haha he has the thing in his menu" deal?

• Replies 179.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sadly no 😞

But nothing beats imagination :0

Dang, man, you had me going for a moment.

I do know you can customize the appearance of characters, but only by recoloring them, no actual design changes. Shame, especially with the whole "uniqueness is in the heads" thing, would've been cool to get more freedom with the outfits. Would love to give all the girls Alcina's rocking armor, for one.

I think I got lucky with Galaxy creation since Alpha Centauri has like 3-4 colonizable planets... well, at least two of them requite terraforming, but still!

Before i most likely finish the game tomorrow...time to do my classic FE tradition...

PARTY REVIEW!

pVgPefz.jpeg

Lord Squad? Lord Squad

Alain is a pretty good tank - and has self sustainability with Lean Edge, but early on he was a footie, so i paired him with Ochlys for flier movement and Sharon because Sharon and Ochlys go together. Ochlys is a great evasion tank (arrows aside, that's where Alain comes in), so her and Alain are pretty hard to kill with the right support. That's where Sharon and edgy Elfydon come in. Sharon can heal and i also gave her Active heal (AP restoration), and Elfydon can make others evade ranged attacks - which Alain is weak against as fliers shit on cavs and their attacks count as ranged. Nina just kills stuff with her 90something Atk.

xFKVIJa.jpeg

my killer squad until midgame, then did quite fall off, but still useful. Their purpose is mainly to kill Infantry, as mages and fliers tend to pwn them very fast. Pretty good squad with tankiness, support and killing power.

8yz6RNz.jpeg

Ah yes, Burn stalling in FE form.

This squad doesn't pack alot of fire power, but packs debuffs. Selvie and Auch (with Flame conferral) multi burn the enemy, while Travis and Celeste tank and Monica heals/attacks when needed and nullifies enemy magic.

It's a fucking toxic team to face honestly xD

Does get hard countered by Elves tho since Elves just say "No" to debuffs.

sXmDLeq.jpeg

While the above team was burn stall, this is survive until enemy get's wiped out xD

Gammel and Angelarmor both evasion tanking (50+ Avo Shield ftw), while Scarlett/Rolf/Rosa just wtfpwn the enemy. Mostly Rosa with Elemental Roar tho. Elemental Roar fucking rules, but needs the right set up.

Flying armor dude can also just reflect enemy magic lol.

QMVPhcn.jpeg

"How many AoE attacks do you have?"

"yes"

Gilbert buffs Spd and Atk, Hilda/Fran/Bruno clear and Elfydon Ice conferrals them.

Especially cavs just get one shot.

MAzwULe.jpeg

Bear Cavalary.

One of my favs. honestly. Bear and Viriginia are very hard to kill in the front, especially with Miriam healing them from the back...yet before they can begin to tank, Yahna with Quick cast and Miriam's Sorcerer Connection (-50% mag to self, +50% mag to ally) just freeze a row. Fun stuff.

RIdVyiF.jpeg

My answer to Enemy debuff teams, since they tend to shut down half of the squads mentioned above. Elven archers give debuff protection at the start of battle, and Primm and Elto can keep up the healing.

Like her sister, Rosa, Elto is also set up to use Elemental Roar after summoning fairies. Not as powerful as Rosa's since Eltio is more a healer, but damn if it ain't still powerful.

g5PFXMT.jpeg

Meli + Crits + Inspiration + Laurent tanking + Angel blinding + Active heal into more Meli crits

HFWU3bo.jpeg

Cat ears + Ice Rain + Inspiration + Josef + All of Bastorias

fzrTk4M.jpeg

Leftover squad that actually still works due to Wolf's follow up attacks and Amalia killing everything xD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Grinded two levels, made it possible to actual damage to the first Ys II boss (lvl 12). Now, after getting lost for a while and having to look at a guide, I'm at the second boss, and level 18 ain't cutting here either. Need to do more grinding again.

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Olay, I think I'll start an Stellaris run. Been a while since I did that...

As someone who just completed twelve runs of Endless Space 2, I get the sci-fi grand strategy/4X itch.😄🪐 And I still didn't try the Cravers, because planet-devouring, slave-driving/eating, bioengineered bugs that need to war to expand or else starve, doesn't appeal to me.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If you gonna make romance important for the story, make it an integral part of the plot and not FE support system

You can't do the Rite of the Covenant at all until you finish the Elheim arc. And the game at multiple times tells you you need to do it to defeat Galerius. The climax of the final battle scenes also have variations for each and every partner Alain can choose. So I'd say it's definitely integral to the plot. 

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

their attacks against late game compsitions are not that good

Yeah on one hand, Monica's team (her, Clive, Laurent, Auch and Ramona) were kinda struggling towards the end.

On the other hand, Pike Lance go brrrr. Wild Rush go brrrr (the 3 Valor cost becomes less worth it the later in the game tbh).

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, does the lake have an outlet to drain into the sea? I

It does not. Strangely, Sylvalum is the only continent without any rivers.

Though, on a related note, Oblivia's Yawning Giant is actually physically possible. It's what happened to the Mediterranean millions of years ago,when tectonic activity closed off the Strait of Gilbatral. Thousands of years later, the Mediterranean sea was the Mediterranean desert, thousands of feet below sea level and probably the most inhospitable place on Earth in recent geological time.

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

PARTY REVIEW!

These are probably more optimized than what I was doing lol.

Word of advice for the final battle: You'll want Alain and his chosen ring partner in the same squad. Get Alain's prf sword. Have someone with multihits in the same squad (Swordmaster with Meteor Mash does wonders). This will make the final fight smoother.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It does not. Strangely, Sylvalum is the only continent without any rivers.

Drier than Oblivia very possibly, and factoring in the extreme volcanism of Cauldros, Oblivia the desert region might actually be the third wettest/driest of the five. Three of the regions are seemingly lacking for freshwater, kinda curious choice if you think about it.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though, on a related note, Oblivia's Yawning Giant is actually physically possible. It's what happened to the Mediterranean millions of years ago,when tectonic activity closed off the Strait of Gilbatral. Thousands of years later, the Mediterranean sea was the Mediterranean desert, thousands of feet below sea level and probably the most inhospitable place on Earth in recent geological time.

Now this I was not aware of.😮 -And I instantly want to see it fantasized in fiction.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can't do the Rite of the Covenant at all until you finish the Elheim arc. And the game at multiple times tells you you need to do it to defeat Galerius. The climax of the final battle scenes also have variations for each and every partner Alain can choose. So I'd say it's definitely integral to the plot

yes, but it isn't really built into the story or integral to it. Yeah you need to do it but the story could've also very easily existed without it.

Compare to Noah/Mio, Estelle/Joshua, etc.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You'll want Alain and his chosen ring partner in the same squad.

Ochlys it is

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Okay, one thing I didn't do in previous runs was specialized planets.

Was thinking on Alpha Centauri III, or Nova Terra as I'm calling it, to be probably an Energy world. Energy was always something I ended up lacking whenever I played before.

And turns out it doesn't have a lot of Generator Districts, pft. Okay, Alloy world it is, since it has enough districts and Alloys were something I needed more of later in the game...

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Drier than Oblivia very possibly, and factoring in the extreme volcanism of Cauldros, Oblivia the desert region might actually be the third wettest/driest of the five. Three of the regions are seemingly lacking for freshwater, kinda curious choice if you think about it.

It doesn't help Sylvalum that outside of it's Florida, the continent is completely blocked off from the ocean. No beaches outside of that little strip. Oblivia and even Cauldros have beaches.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now this I was not aware of.😮 -And I instantly want to see it fantasized in fiction.

I sadly have not found any simulations/artistic renditions like you can find of a green Sahara or the time before the Isthmus of Panama formed. So I'm guessing it's something niche even within the scientific community.

To think the course of history could've gone very differently if the Strait of Gilbatral never opened up again. For the record, geological evidence suggests the refilling of the Mediterranean wasn't a cataclysmic event but rather something more gradual.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yes, but it isn't really built into the story or integral to it. Yeah you need to do it but the story could've also very easily existed without it.

Compare to Noah/Mio, Estelle/Joshua, etc.

Canonical Alain/Scarlett it is then Shrimpers.

Though, yes, canon ships will always be better than choose your own.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It doesn't help Sylvalum that outside of it's Florida, the continent is completely blocked off from the ocean. No beaches outside of that little strip. Oblivia and even Cauldros have beaches.

Underground river, perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What does that even mean lol

It means warp skipping in UO is in a convenient size.

Although it's more like Rewarp than Warp.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Underground river, perhaps?

Now that I think about it, none of the cave systems in Xenoblade X have rivers. Although at least one of them does have some ponds inside.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It means warp skipping in UO is in a convenient size.

Although it's more like Rewarp than Warp.

...So, it's easier to warpskip, is that what you're telling me?

Berwick Saga actually has a dummy orb with the capability to warp that does have some unusual restrictions. For one thing the range is capped at 10 hexes.
But it's also limited by the movement capabilities of the target unit. By which I mean that you can only Warp a unit to a location that it could, in theory, reach under it's own power. Without beating down any enemies or otherwise interacting with objects along the way. Basically the same logic that determines if you can target someone with the Provoke skill.
So for example this means that you cannot warp most units across a river unless there is a land path somewhere. But you could still warp Axel, since he can actually cross water tiles.
This also means that you cannot warp someone past locked doors or even past tight unit formations. Or in the case of Derrick, you couldn't even warp him past some sand or cliff hexes if those are the only way to the target location.

Though as interesting as it is, I suppose I can see why this ability is unused. After all, while terrain in Berwick Saga is crazy important, it has very few hard barriers. Just about any terrain can be crossed by any movement type. It's all about terrain costs.
So in practice you could still teleport just about anywhere on most maps.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Berwick Saga actually has a dummy orb with the capability to warp that does have some unusual restrictions. For one thing the range is capped at 10 hexes.
But it's also limited by the movement capabilities of the target unit. By which I mean that you can only Warp a unit to a location that it could, in theory, reach under it's own power. Without beating down any enemies or otherwise interacting with objects along the way. Basically the same logic that determines if you can target someone with the Provoke skill.
So for example this means that you cannot warp most units across a river unless there is a land path somewhere. But you could still warp Axel, since he can actually cross water tiles.
This also means that you cannot warp someone past locked doors or even past tight unit formations. Or in the case of Derrick, you couldn't even warp him past some sand or cliff hexes if those are the only way to the target location.

Though as interesting as it is, I suppose I can see why this ability is unused. After all, while terrain in Berwick Saga is crazy important, it has very few hard barriers. Just about any terrain can be crossed by any movement type. It's all about terrain costs.
So in practice you could still teleport just about anywhere on most maps.

That and maps in Berwick are rather small in general, not to mention hexes allow you to cover a ton of ground. Still, with all those restrictions, I could've seen that being used without breaking stuff that bad. I mean, the game gives you Larentia as it is. Oh, well.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...So, it's easier to warpskip, is that what you're telling me?

Yes. But also no. Warpskipping doesn't snap the game in half as it would in Fire Emblem. For starters, you can only warp to an ally or facility so that's why it's more like Rewarp. Werefoxes can directly warp to an enemy squad but the range is much more limited.

And also it's real time so that changes things. If anything, I used the warp stones to get a endangered squad out of the situation.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The rock walls surrounding so much of Sylvalum are odd- how would they have naturally formed?

This said, they do isolate the region. Make you feel confined in this truly alien landscape, more detached from the world beyond than if the walls didn't exist. And perhaps, as unnatural as they may be, create something of a barrier to the diffusion of other regions' organisms into Sylvalum and from letting Syl's out too.

Well, after a few wars, the Commonwealth is now shattered... and a faction joined me. My venues for expansions have been exhausted. Guess it's time to develop inward. But that's for next time.