• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Controlled chaos. Precisely what is necessary to assure the evolution and progression of humanity, whilst keeping corruption if not nonexistent, at a minimum compared to that which would exist in a stagnant world of decadent peace.🧐

As a bit of lore trivia, the corporation mentioned in the episode, Villengard, was first mentioned all the way back in 2005

GN0vyY9XsAAh0xl?format=jpg&name=large

GN0vx9XXoAEQJ7x?format=jpg&name=large

Of course, timey-wimey, so the latest episode was "before" The Doctor blew it up.

16 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

Bro i will never escape the spanish allegations xD

Might as well start learning at this rate.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The past is far more diverse than a lot of people think.

"History's a whitewash" -12th Doctor, after taking his companion Bill to 19th Century London and the latter remarks that it's "a lot more brown than i expected".

"So was Jesus".

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Huh, they I didn't get far enough in the original to learn they did something similar to XD Gale of Darkness with the early appearance of a gen 4 baby...

I believe this was quite common in the lead-up to Gen 4. We had several Pokémon reveals already, and as such some were already showing up in the games and even anime. Rescue Team alone had Munchlax and its event, plus the Bonsly, Mime Jr., Weavile, and Lucario statues you could get.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20240518_2334101506248937201052083.j

Every time i see a cancerous effect in FEH, there's always a new one.

Pretty sure you complain about FEH more than I did ever with Trails. XD

FE has always had "terrible" effects, that's nothing new lol

Rested again, and twas back to W.

Scenario 10:

Spoiler
  • I see Sosuke and Heero became quick friends during the battle I didn't choose. Not surprising?😄
  • So the Orbital Ring counteroffensive mentioned at the end of the last chapter, the first mission as Warter now. ...And Colbert regards the Warter as unnecessary for it.
  • The Sol Tekkamen (why "Sol" BTW?) are already rolled out. And Balzac's portrait is completely new, not grizzled at all (saving it for after the timeskip?).
    • I chuckled at the idea of leaving the battle to Balzac as Colbert commanded. The Sol Tekkamen are still pretty awful as units.😛
  • FuRyu and EnRyu can't combine (yet?), but they seem pretty much like the other Super AIs, and pretty fine as units.
    • Chinese-developed? With GGG being based in Japan, the head researcher's brother American... are the last two Super AI robots going to be European to complete some international stylings?🤔
    • I forgot to comment on this before, but W seems to be giving out status-effect attacks almost like candy on certain units. In J, you got precisely three of these- one attack-reduction (Dragon Fire), one defense-reduction (Rust Tornado), and one Mobility-reduction (EM-something on Million Alpha). Each of the Super AIs has a different reducer available on two attacks. 
  • Nadesico is here, and the Aesti are set to Artillery Frame here to indicate that all they're supposed to be providing is covering fire. Nice flavor to see the variety of frames being utilized.
  • Mu and Yoko are back for the heck of it, and also right in the middle of the three Radam swarms. Precisely where I want them.😝
    • I leave Balzac, the AIs, and the Nad crew back for the first two turns and let Mu cast Focus for near-total safety and then burn through all his Moebius's ammo and most of his EN to get the last of five kills during turn 3 player phase, bringing him up to exactly the 10-minimum he needs for the secret. Yoko helps him out, though she already had the ten kills she needed. Later in the battle, Mu gets another kill or two, just as a paranoid precaution. -Now I just need to wait some 30+ chapters to see if I did it right.😆
  • On turn 4, I wipe out the last one of the initial Radam, which triggers another Radam swarm, and the appearance of Blade, Evil, and the Valstork.
  • As soon as the plot hands the controls back to me, Blade has 4 minutes (turns) before he goes berserk. The objective changes to "Defeat Tekkaman Evil".
    • But... the passing of 4 turns doesn't become a fail objective. 
    • To obtain Tekkaman Rapier, I have to defeat Evil here (or another map, or Axe on a third map, a very forgiving secret), which implies I don't actually have to defeat him.
    • With 30800 HP and the Psy Voltekka MAP, Evil is pretty evil an enemy this early. On the first turn of his appearance, I move Blade into a retreat towards everyone else. On the subsequent turn, I pound Evil with almost everyone down to below 10k, which he regenerates one-tenth of on turn 3.
      • Psy Voltekka didn't matter, Evil prioritizes attacking Blade above all else, and I moved him such that a Psy wouldn't have struck anyone else.
      • When I had Kazuma attack Evil, I flipped through the text too fast, but I'm 99% sure I saw him say "three times faster". ...Slipping in a reference?😝
    • Since the Rapier secret doesn't say anything about Blade getting the kill, I give Evil's defeat to a Luck-applied GoLion instead. Somehow 15k in funds became 45k, a delicious haul.
    • Blade then lands a negated Voltekka, goes berserk, Orgun distracts him with help from Guy once the fight goes indoors, Nadesico gets the Radam to retreat by Gravity Blasting the power plant they wished to control. Milly with Kazuma's little sister tagging along restore Blade's sanity.
      • Taking down Evil caused the Radam enemies on the map to withdraw, as I thought they might. I reloaded the mid-battle save and fixed this, eradicating all but three of the Radam for more cash, good enough for me, even though I had one spare turn.
    • I presume that had 4 turns elapsed from Evil & Blade showing up, that the battle would've ended prematurely and the above story stuff would've happened anyway. Probably.
  • This was the first battle where deployment slots were limited. I had only 5 free ones, owing to the sheer number of units already on the map- 10 excluding the Nadesico, plus Blade and HouRyu and EnRyu.
  • The Nad didn't join up after the battle. Must be under the Security Council's control still, I suppose. Or maybe the shift to Warter will happen at the start of the next chapter.
  • Reminder of my final team intentions.:
    • I need NG+ to see the alternative final battle of W. Unlike J, where I’ll use a cheat for Vorlent for the fourth run.

• Since unit upgrades carry over (I wish the all money was refunded instead), I’m going to try using different teams for the two playthroughs.

• To minimize the benefits of upgrades carryover on the 2nd run. The easiest way to divide things in SRW, is good old Real vs. Super. Who I long-term use on one playthrough, will be long-term benched (when possible) on the other.

• Narratively, tokusatsu comes off as being more Super than Real to me, so Blade and Orgun will be included in the Super run. Plus, Real by its nature tends to have more available units to choose from.

• ...And the Super run shall be this, the first playthrough.😉

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, one thing I like of W is that it gives us exact dates almost all the time thanks to Kazuma's diary. SRW as a whole tends to only give the passage of time every now and then and it's in large terms. Like, thanks to the Yamato plot, we can know that SRW V happens in the span of a year, but beyond that it's only sporadic mention of time frames. Like, there's a mention how about 20~ missions passed in the span of four months, though again, how much was mission by mission is left vague. So, I like what W does.

I haven't kept track of the dates so far, but I think from now on, I'll open the notepad at the start of every episode and jot down the ingame date.🗒️

As I've said before, I like getting a sense of the "narrative flow". Are the heroes... wandering, escaping, defending, gaining strength/ground? Are the villains gaining or losing, did they just reach their zenith, did they just lose something they could not afford to? -The push and pull of the plot. Having ingame chronological dates adds will add to this.🤓

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

As a bit of lore trivia, the corporation mentioned in the episode, Villengard, was first mentioned all the way back in 2005

Somebody noticed this ancient exchange and then asked "this was never extrapolated on, right?" and got to checking the prior seasons and afterwards spinning a yarn from the raw thread? -Or did they tell an intern to go looking for these unexplained-nothings instead?🤔

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • I see Sosuke and Heero became quick friends during the battle I didn't choose. Not surprising?😄

Haha, certainly not. I think Heero was partly the inspiration of Sosuke's character? At the least, the two do are alike somewhat. To wit, early in the Wing TV Series you had Relena attending school and Heero enrolled there. Not unlike how Sosuke also enrolls in Kaname's school. Though the difference is that Heero was going to kill Relena, while Sosuke was protecting Kaname, haha.

• The Sol Tekkamen (why "Sol" BTW?) are already rolled out. And Balzac's portrait is completely new, not grizzled at all (saving it for after the timeskip?).

Maybe it's solar powered? XD

• FuRyu and EnRyu can't combine (yet?), but they seem pretty much like the other Super AIs, and pretty fine as units.
    • Chinese-developed? With GGG being based in Japan, the head researcher's brother American... are the last two Super AI robots going to be European to complete some international stylings?🤔

Hmm... good question. The organization is certainly international, at the least.

• I forgot to comment on this before, but W seems to be giving out status-effect attacks almost like candy on certain units. In J, you got precisely three of these- one attack-reduction (Dragon Fire), one defense-reduction (Rust Tornado), and one Mobility-reduction (EM-something on Million Alpha). Each of the Super AIs has a different reducer available on two attacks. 

It's funny when you consider that EVERY attack of Boss Borot drains Morale/Will... or maybe that was in another game. Still, it's hilarious. Since it implies the enemy is demoralized on the fact they allowed the Boss Borot to hit them. lol

• -Now I just need to wait some 30+ chapters to see if I did it right.😆

Gotta love having to wait half the game to see if you unlocked the secret, pft.

• When I had Kazuma attack Evil, I flipped through the text too fast, but I'm 99% sure I saw him say "three times faster". ...Slipping in a reference?😝

Pretty much a mandatory reference when someone sports red. XD

• I presume that had 4 turns elapsed from Evil & Blade showing up, that the battle would've ended prematurely and the above story stuff would've happened anyway. Probably.

If it's not a fail condition, then yeah, that would be it.

• Since unit upgrades carry over (I wish the all money was refunded instead), I’m going to try using different teams for the two playthroughs.

• To minimize the benefits of upgrades carryover on the 2nd run. The easiest way to divide things in SRW, is good old Real vs. Super. Who I long-term use on one playthrough, will be long-term benched (when possible) on the other.

• Narratively, tokusatsu comes off as being more Super than Real to me, so Blade and Orgun will be included in the Super run. Plus, Real by its nature tends to have more available units to choose from.

• ...And the Super run shall be this, the first playthrough.😉

To be fair, in some games enemies do get buffed in NG+. Precisely because upgrades carry over. It's probably the case in W, but you might still be able to use "fresh" units just fine.

Heh, going by the lore definition of the Super/Real split instead of the stats? Not a bad choice, heh.

I haven't kept track of the dates so far, but I think from now on, I'll open the notepad at the start of every episode and jot down the ingame date.🗒️

As I've said before, I like getting a sense of the "narrative flow". Are the heroes... wandering, escaping, defending, gaining strength/ground? Are the villains gaining or losing, did they just reach their zenith, did they just lose something they could not afford to? -The push and pull of the plot. Having ingame chronological dates adds will add to this.🤓

That's certainly true.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

Scenario 11:

Spoiler
  • Annnnnd the Nadesico indeed joins Warter as soon as the next chapter starts. That takes care of that, a member of the (evil) Alliance for all of one skirmish. A defection caused by their destruction of the power plant last battle, and 
  • Another route split, either defend against what's presumed to be Dr. Hell, or head to North America to rescue D-Boy from Colbert (again). Both sound like they could be Super, but the game has me in a Tekkamood from the Tekkafocus, so North America it is. Wing and GGG accompany the Valstork on this mission.
    • In J, going to North America to rescue Blade happened after the Mazinkaiser and FMP, and during the Zeorymer finales, Episode 32! 
    • I'm only on 11W! They're really moving fast on Blade to make room for the second season. Though I'm afraid it's going to sooner or later create a big chapter gulf where nothing Blade is happening, because they burnt through so much so soon.
  • The Zonderians hate the Radam b/c they invented a way to resist being mechanized.
    • This early in W, the bad guys seem like they all openly hate each other. A far cry from GC, where everybody was in some kind of alliance, barring the Dinosaurs and Dr. Hell.
  • Balzac bites the bullet one fight after the Sol Tekkamen are rolled out. All talk, no action.
    • Though, they did say after the battle that the Sol are being mass-produced and that it will strengthen the Alliance (probably in time for that Orb assault that's 5.7 million years away).
  • FuRyu and RaiRyu already defect and combine into GekiRyuJin. Though they don't join yet. Again, quick.
    • Talk of robots having hearts? Yep, I see the J-DNAecker.😜
  • Evil penetrating the facility holding Blade didn't happen in J, and he wasn't the only Radam Tekkaman here either. Pizza is here though for a GGG spin.
    • Also- Aki "give me your 30 minutes" is how you try pepping up D-Boy?🙄 Literally, that's what she said!😝 
  • Oh yes, it was nice seeing Duo and Heero doing infiltration stuff and, with Guy and some GGG NPC, fending off Evil. Interesting tidbit about Guy having faith no wonder he invokes Hell and Heaven, and him trying to bond with D-Boy over their abnormal bodies.
    • Speaking of Heero, the Twin Buster Rifle is beautiful in W.🤩 Though how'd he get into Earth's outer orbit and why was he shooting into space when he's in like Utah?😛
  • Kazuma was the first to unlock the Combo skill. Works differently from J, it no longer means "a range one attack that flows into an enemy in a straight line the direction of which the attacker is facing towards". Now I can do from a distance and in any direction I all.
    • This reminds me more of Original Generations' W attacks (how appropriate!). Which was the same idea, being able to attack an enemy in an adjacent square to the one you're targeting. But in OGs, it costed twice the ammo/EN to do this, in W, the ammo cost I saw was the same as that for attacking a single enemy. A little strong that be.
  • Why did Orgun show up here?🤨 He did basically nothing. Seems to be merely setting some staging for his story, since the researcher girl is definitely part of his license as discovered after the battle.
  • My issue with this fight was Noal, Balzac, and FuRyu and RaiRyu were in the southeast. When Heero, Duo, Guy, and Blade arrived, their Will was at base levels. And, Evil and Pizza both moved towards the southeast ...yet the Radam mass was in the northwest with the Valstork's units. Took a while before the 'stork team got to join in against the two bosses.
    • Pizza in his EI-21 was pretty weak, and focused solely on Guy. Evil was dodgy, strong (able to OHKO the Deathscythe) with more HP, and just much more annoying to deal with (though again, he prioritized Blade over MAPping, a blessing). Took three turns for Evil, one for Pizza.
  • After the battle, I see some stuff happened on the other side of the split.
    • Kouji has the wingless Mazinkaiser now. And Turbo Smash Punch has gone from 20 EN cost in J IIRC, to 0 in W, 'kaiser didn't need the buff!😆
      • Tetsuya isn't around though Sayaka and Boss are, so methinks he took one for the team and is waiting on the discovery of Shin Great Mazinger.
    • Shin Getter Robo is also here. Looks good to me, Stoner Sunshine and all.
    • ...Why does it feel like I'm being front-loaded with units?🤣 Why soooo much power so soon?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha, certainly not. I think Heero was partly the inspiration of Sosuke's character? At the least, the two do are alike somewhat. To wit, early in the Wing TV Series you had Relena attending school and Heero enrolled there. Not unlike how Sosuke also enrolls in Kaname's school. Though the difference is that Heero was going to kill Relena, while Sosuke was protecting Kaname, haha.

A point is made of them both being around in Warter to guard their lady-lieges. Kurz made it of course, jealous he be.

Pretty much a mandatory reference when someone sports red. XD

Plus, Evil is a teensy bit rivalrous.

Heh, going by the lore definition of the Super/Real split instead of the stats? Not a bad choice, heh.

On the third of my four runs of J, I paired Tekkaman with Brain Powerd. Since Blade and Rapier are less mechanical power suits one might say, and more... organic exoskeletons. I consider Tekkaman to have some lore flexibility.😛

Statwise, I'd have to count Big Volfogg as Real, and a ninja sentient robot would seriously stick out amongst Gundams, Arm Slaves, and Aesti.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
    • I'm only on 11W! They're really moving fast on Blade to make room for the second season. Though I'm afraid it's going to sooner or later create a big chapter gulf where nothing Blade is happening, because they burnt through so much so soon.

Yeah, the game has to cover the plots in a much shorter timespan, so it will definitely feel like they'll be rushing through them.

• FuRyu and RaiRyu already defect and combine into GekiRyuJin. Though they don't join yet. Again, quick.

In a bit of an infamous fact, the GGG combination robots were the spawn of the "Symetrical Docking" meme. As tangential as Evangelion causing Absolute Territory to become a meme/term.

• Talk of robots having hearts? Yep, I see the J-DNAecker.😜

I suppose it is a recurring theme in the Brave series, yes. Though admittedly, I don't know if all of them did so.

• Why did Orgun show up here?🤨 He did basically nothing. Seems to be merely setting some staging for his story, since the researcher girl is definitely part of his license as discovered after the battle.

His job there is done. *leaves while swishing cape*

• ...Why does it feel like I'm being front-loaded with units?🤣 Why soooo much power so soon?

Likely the two-part aspect striking again. You are roughly almot at the halfway point of the first half, so everything has to be more front-loaded. You can kinda expect that again in the second half, as it were.

A point is made of them both being around in Warter to guard their lady-liege. Kurz made it of course, jealous he be.

It's kinda funny that it makes Sosuke the junior to Heero's senior, despite the latter being younger age-wise. Not by much though, if I recall. Sosuke is 17 in the first TV series while Heero 16 during Endless Waltz.

On the third of my four runs of J, I paired Tekkaman with Brain Powerd on the third run. Since Blade and Rapier are less mechanical power suits one might say, and more... organic exoskeletons. I consider Tekkaman to have some lore flexibility.😛

Admittedly, the Super/Real split only applies to actual mecha. Or only should be. But of course, you'll have people trying to apply it on just about anything.

Case in point:

souryuu asuka langley, ayanami rei, ikari shinji, haro, kamille bidan, and  2 more (gundam and 2 more) | Danbooru

Statwise, I'd have to count Big Volfogg as Real, and a ninja sentient robot would seriously stick out amongst Gundams, Arm Slaves, and Aesti.

Look on the bright side. It's not the kill-stealing kind of Ninja Robot. XD

Posted (edited)

Scenario 12:

• ...Did we need another joke battle so soon?🤨 Scenario 8 wasn't that long ago. And this one had absolutely nothing serious in it, unlike the first, or the J one where a bunch of Tekkamen (including Rapier) showed up.
    • At least it was very quick, two Mechabeasts and like eight soldiers of the Galra Empire.
  • The "Mao knows how to swear" joke eventually wore out its welcome.😐
  • Controllable mass-production Bonta-kuns was cute. I got the original Bonta the two kills he needs here.
  • The MaZ and Getter teams joining Kaname's school, well the former was the start-of-game situation in J. A nice allusion to that.
  • The lionfest of GoLion and GaoGaiGar was nice too. One of the Galra in-combat lines has the grunts mistake GGG for GoLion.
  • Akito having an unusually bad week in the kitchen, a more subtle joke I imagine. I don't get why the Nadesico characters had to go looking for side jobs, it's not like they're had their ship stolen or anything.😏

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, the Super/Real split only applies to actual mecha. Or only should be. But of course, you'll have people trying to apply it on just about anything.

Ironic-Given-Conversation.png

...Literally from the start of the episode I just completed.🤣

In a bit of an infamous fact, the GGG combination robots were the spawn of the "Symetrical Docking" meme. As tangential as Evangelion causing Absolute Territory to become a meme/term.

...Should it be considered a good thing I have no idea what either meme is?😅

It's kinda funny that it makes Sosuke the junior to Heero's senior, despite the latter being younger age-wise. Not by much though, if I recall. Sosuke is 17 in the first TV series while Heero 16 during Endless Waltz.

I presume having saved humanity from civil conflict once before gives Heero an advantage over a few months or what have you. Maaaaybe if W used the Wing anime instead of the movie Sosuke would have actual seniority.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least it was very quick, two Mechabeasts and like eight soldiers of the Galra Empire.

Gonna milk the Altea thing for all its worth, eh. XD

• The MaZ and Getter teams joining Kaname's school, well the former was the start-of-game situation in J. A nice allusion to that.

It's kinda funny when that happens but the characters are not portrayed in matching uniforms, heh.

I'm also reminded how in Z2, the Wing and Gundam 00 characters attend the Code Geass school, but again, no custom portaits for that. Then again, Z2 only did head/face portraits so it wouldn't have been seen anyway.

• The lionfest of GoLion and GaoGaiGar was nice too. One of the Galra in-combat lines has the grunts mistake GGG for GoLion.

Hehe, oh, it is funny when stuff like that happens.

Ironic-Given-Conversation.png

...Literally from the start of the episode I just completed.🤣

lol

...Should it be considered a good thing I have no idea what either meme is?😅

Maybe? XD

I presume having saved humanity from civil conflict once before gives Heero an advantage over a few months or what have you. Maaaaybe if W used the Wing anime instead of the movie Sosuke would have actual seniority.

That's certainly true. Still, Heero wasn't exactly new in the business when Wing begins either. But they'd be at a more equal level, yes.

Posted (edited)

Huh, I didn't notice this before, but Oddity Cave only has 8 floors instead of the 15 of the original. Also, it used to need Wonder Mail to unlock, but it seems DX now unlocks them through story progression. I think the statues are now this too. Well, that's nice, but even back then it wasn't tedious since you could use a Wonder Mail generator online to get what you wanted.

Alright, time for the Magma Cavern and fight Groudon! It's a good thing Pikachu has Grass Knot. Super Effective against Groudon and its weight means the move will be close if not at its strongest. Nice.

... dammit, enemies with Magnitude...

Then the stairs had to be in a Monster House room. Geez, I don't remember the original being this tough...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

Aw man, they added a gimmick with the room turning into magma? No wonder that a few Water types could emerge from the fainted Pokémon mechanic. I got a Cloyster whose Ice Beam became invaluable for the fight, as it could lower Groudon's attack.

... am I even ready for Sky Tower at this point, ha ha ha...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

OMG, Kecleon's shop has both Thunderbolt and Ice Beam TM's in its stock! Pikachu doesn't learn Thunderbolt until level 42, which is too much of a time sink grinding for it... to which, level 42 would already be more than enough for Sky Tower anyway. Ice Beam is going on Absol. I need to exploit that 4x weakness on Rayquaza, even if Absol doesn't get STAB... and it's Special Attack is not the higher of its offensive stats. Still, anything I can get.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

Okay... I'm ready. Let's do this!

... oh man, I'm gonna have to go through this part of the story again...

No, nevermind, I'm not ready! I'm not ready!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

What, TM's are also one-use here!? Man, it was neat you could use the Recycle move to restore TM's. No need to get more TM's, but you still couldn't use them freely, since it had to be in a dungeon if I recall, if you wanted to restore your TM's. What a bummer...

Good thing I kept Bite on Eevee, plus having Absol. What with the Shuppet, Duskull, Lunatone, and Solrock around...

Okay, reached Sky Tower Summit... so close... so close...

Agh, those Tropius and their Leaf Storm. I only have a single Reviver Seed left...

Okay, last floor before Rayquaza! Taught Absol Ice Beam. I CAN DO THIS!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

Scenarios 13 & 14

• Another joke battle? Well, the cyberspace aspect of it was different. So where's Getter Devolution? 
    • I also got an answer as to who the crazy girl that tricked Akito was, they didn't explain that in J.
  • As for Scenario 14, an enemy alliance after all! Hell + Galra, I'm doubtful that it'll last long though.
  • The sorceress Honerva taking on the disguise of an old man... vaguely reminded me of the untrue ending of FE3B2.😛
    • King Raimon being Princess Fala's father, drop the "i", and you've the father of a certain green-haired princess too. 
  • Ya know, I thought it was kinda odd that GoLion was a five-man Super. I get it that most of these old Super Robots are the products of a different social era, but no token female pilot? I see was wrong.
  • On the Tuatha De Danaan- why do the range-15 torpedoes generate mushroom clouds? What hath Teletha put in them?😆
  • Baron Ashura thrown in prison for failure. I can hear them begging from behind bars already, and I know what'll result from those pleas will be an infernal, royal pain.

...And that's enough for tonight.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another joke battle? Well, the cyberspace aspect of it was different. So where's Getter Devolution? 

Wait, is this when they're trying to solve Omoikane's issue? Yeah, it doesn't happen often. I think Impact also did the cyberspace battle, but A, R, and J certainly didn't.

• I also got an answer as to who the crazy girl that tricked Akito was, they didn't explain that in J.

Hm, what was it?

• Ya know, I thought it was kinda odd that GoLion was a five-man Super. I get it that most of these old Super Robots are the products of a different social era, but no token female pilot? I see was wrong.

You know, there's a funny story behind that. In Voltron, Shirogane doesn't die. Typical censorship, as it were. The funny thing is, Shirogane proved too popular to the point the writers regretted killing him off. So, they introduced Shirogane's twin brother. Same VA, same design. A way to have the character back without actually reviving him, pretty much. So what does Voltron do? They just state he has fully recovered. No random twin showing up involved.

The twin doesn't show up in the game, best I know, so I figure might as well reveal this now. 

• Baron Ashura thrown in prison for failure. I can hear them begging from behind bars already, and I know what'll result from those pleas will be an infernal, royal pain.

Hell hath no fury like a Baron scorned.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Yep, I knew lacking those Reviver Seeds would cost me. I lost.

Thankfully with Online I can set-up a rescue request. I can only hope someone does takes it up. Since the alternative without having to take the loss is sending a back-up team to rescue my own team, another good addition I'd say. But... everyone else in my team is kinda sub-par to reach all the way to the 33th floor of the tower!

Ah well...

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Somebody noticed this ancient exchange and then asked "this was never extrapolated on, right?" and got to checking the prior seasons and afterwards spinning a yarn from the raw thread? -Or did they tell an intern to go looking for these unexplained-nothings instead?🤔

I mean, Villengard itself isn't too deep compared to Doctor Who lore. In the show itself, it's only been mentioned in three episodes, this one being the third one to mention it.

Although a comic does show that it was the War Doctor who blew it up, to stop the Daleks from taking it over during the Time War.

War_Doctor_holding_bananas.jpg

Turned it into a banana grove with a molecular fruit bomb.