Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Are Shiki and SHIKI supposed to be two different characters?

yes.

The way they are written in JP is different(志貴 and 四季). Since you can't easily do that in english, the fantranslators/fanbase back then decided on Shiki and SHIKI.

Edited by Shrimpica

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shrimpica said:

yes.

The way they are written in JP is different(志貴 and 四季). Since you can't easily do that in english, the fantranslators/fanbase back then decided on Shiki and SHIKI.

Interesting.🤓 *Checks something*

I was aware of a similar instance of something like this. That being Persona 2 and its two Jokers. Turns out they're written the same in Japanese, but the Joker of Innocent Sin has -sama tacked on its name. In Eternal Punishment, its "Not The P5 MC" is called JOKER in English, to avoid confusion with the prior Joker.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wahahaha. I am evil, you see.

Beware the tehee madness, it’ll swallow us up, same as them.

Posted (edited)

THtvvJX.jpeg

That was one doozy puzzle map

OLQMXxD.jpeg

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

s5gRUTI.jpeg
lshwA6S.jpeg

Ofc Life can not be that easy. That map looks like one hell of a doozy

S1t22Na.jpeg

Oh?

C0DcJ6n.jpeg
2jTvVgK.jpeg

Interesting.

But i will leave that for tomorrow. This looks like one hell of a doozy map and the game is quite tough. And i have work in a few hours. What is sleep anyway.

Really really having fun with it 😄

Edited by Shrimpica

So I had someone try to convince me a game with basically no options to choose from is for the better. 

This doesnt sound right to me, games would be boring otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

THtvvJX.jpeg

Something about the maps, maybe it's just b/c screenshot, but it doesn't look like it's the easiest thing on the eyes. The sprites are too small and or don't stand out enough against the map itself.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

2jTvVgK.jpeg

Interesting.

So basically modern FE stairs, but you can choose your destination here? Could make for faster, more unorthodox-ically open maps.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

Really really having fun with it 😄

Is it too early to say it's baked to perfection?😛

...And thanks again for the thing Shrimpy. If I'm thanking you too much for almost nothing, you wouldn't be the first to make that complaint.😆 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

maybe it's just b/c screenshot

I think it's that. I have no problems in game, with the many options it has.

You could say too much going on, and this map had alot of traps for it's puzzle like structure.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

it too early to say it's baked to perfection?😛

Hah, defo too early. I am probably late early game atm, so still a ton to go.

Stealth/Puzzle map could get really annoying/frustratìng, even if i am fine with them so far and have more fun with them than not.

Combat maps are some top tier stuff tho 😄 

Posted (edited)

Okay, with the Medicine Bag in hand, I gathered the herbs to cure the mayor. Who will gladly hand over the crown... but the advisors, unsurprisingly revealed to be agents of Set, steal the crown and Sphinx gives chase. Below the city to a cave-like area, where the advisors fuse into the first boss of the game. That took a while!

Fun fact about this boss and the area its fought at. It's the remnants of an entire scrapped area and subplot. Originally, Abydos was in a state of near war with the underwater kingdom of Akkaria. It's the reason why those electric eels are plaguing the city to begin with, they were originally suppose to be sent by Akkaria. Anyway, the mayor would've sent Sphinx to Akkaria as an evoy to sign a peace treaty, but the Akkaria King would not be easy to convince, and his own advisor, Ishka, would also have big flags of suspicion about him. It would turn out "Ishka" is an agent of Set, shapeshifted into the advisor, and is the one tricking both sides to be hostile with one another. The Mummy would've found the real Ishka imprisoned at Uruk Castle. He'd give Prince Tut a ring, which Sphinx would show to the King, thus revealing the impostor. Sphinx would then chase down the fake across the level until reaching... the boss area, where the fake Ishka would turn into the boss.

This whole thing was cut due to time constrains apparently. They only kept the boss battle itself, and instead created the whole subplot with the illness and being the mayor's advisors who were the agents of Set. Or maybe that still was part of the original storyline? Who knows. Interestingly, the door Sphinx would've use originally to enter the boss area is still there, but unused naturally. Also, despite Sphinx now dropping from the ceiling, they didn't bother modeling the hole for it, heh. This, ultimately, also meant it was the Sacred Crown of Akkaria, not Abydos. It got renamed ultimately.

It's a shame this whole thing got scrapped. A mod does restore it, or as close as it would've originaly played according to all the unused assets. Though as I mentioned before, I'm playing this vanilla. Ah well...

So, with the crown in hand (and in LoZ fashion, beating the boss granted a Gold Ankh), it was back to Anubis, who takes it and now decides to show up as an astral projection. Or did he neded the crown for that? Anyway, he frees up more people from the Cursed Palace and gives Sphinx the Acid Darts. They're used to, well, dissolve stuff. Mostly chains so far. Anyway, now he wants the Sacred Crown of Uruk, so it's off to the Lost Temple of Heliopolis, thanks to the key to the South Desert being granted by one of the newly freed people. The South Desert contains the Bedouin Outpost (no relation?), where I can finally use the ankh pieces to turn them into Gold Ankhs. It costs money, or scarabs in this game. Good thing Link never had to pay Rupees to create Heart Containers! ... Or was there a game where that was a thing? I don't know. Anyway, the outpost also contains a shop that sells Capture Beetles but also a pouch to upgrade how many I can carry. It's quite pricey and admittedly I don't feel like I need it. The default amount seems more than enough so far. Anyway, the shop also contains the Monster Lists sidequest. The only other reason to capture monsters. Thankfully, unlike the Museum, they only ask for twelve different monsters, not the entire beastiary.

So, reached the lost temple thanks to the Acid Darts. Inside, an archeologist is seeking for the Rosetta Stone, and that's the goal of the level, it seems. It's broken into pieces however, so all of them must be found. Gonna stop here and resume tomorrow, though.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh LOL, this is hilarious! XD

This is the weirdest adaptation of The Man in the Iron Mask I’ve ever seen. Dumas is rolling in his grave and the writers were high as a kite while penning the script.

Posted (edited)

Finished Berseria.😀 Ending was fine, fairly expectable. My thoughts on the game haven’t changed. Great heroic cast, unusually dark for Tales. Gameplay, music, length, visuals, all as expected from the franchise. Glad to get it over with, the end of games are usually a drag for me.

---

Now, what next? Well I did say it’d be XC3 at last …but I want something to separate two full-length JRPGs. Yet I don’t know what since I did TFoM earlier, and the DLC for this one 4X I have isn’t on the current Steam sale as I thought it’d be. The only game I’ve had any genuine inclination towards in the past few days is W -but that was only because my mood three days ago was boiling. And SRW is the furthest thing from a light snack between heavy meals.😆 I keep suggesting to myself that I slip some SMTV into my evenings, or maybe playing some RF5 postgame to see all the actually-dating events and then wed a dude to ease my pixel-longing. -But neither of these do I ever do.😅 Not feeling like Ys at the moment either, despite having two of them on hand.

…When do the summer game announcement begin?🥱 I do expect Nintendo will have a fairly empty year, since their pre-announcement announcement ruled out talk of the Switch successor, gotta save the awesomest software reveals for the new hardware next year. Nonetheless, I crave new information.🤗 Game reveals (for things one likes) are possibly better than playing games themselves.😄 Even if I have a few totally-unrealistic hopes for what’ll be revealed.

1 hour ago, Shrimpica said:

F9aiZDo.jpeg

Can my mind survive 9 more turns of this?

-Defeating 75 in 13 turns is a bonus goal. 

...What kind enemy count/ease of enemy execution are we talking here?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Defeating 75 in 13 turns is a bonus goal. 

...What kind enemy count/easy of enemy execution are we talking here?

SRW Alpha 3: Hold my beer.

I think that one has 200 enemies in 7-8 turns as the BM/SR Point for one map. Then again, it's kinda obvious you're meant to spam stuff like the Ideon Gun. Not to mention, thanks to the Squad System, it's not as daunting as it sounds.

Posted (edited)

7akOEOM.jpeg

They fell right into my trap!!! From Antartica

(One of my character's ult attacks is to revive all turrets, so i let them kill all my turrets than bam spawned them right on top of them)

4VcadpS.jpeg

I can't believe i actually routed it 😄

I fucking did it!!!

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...What kind enemy count

I think the map had about a 100? I cleared the 75 units at around Turn 9-10 while i routed it at turn 12/14

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ease of enemy execution are we talking here?

Bosses aside, right use of abilities can make you OHKO enemies since they aren't tanky (and since it uses a AP system ala VC, you can take out multiple enemies in the same turn with the same character - alongside sp abilities) - but they can kill you pretty easily as well (especially Jefuty, as she's a sniper).

Edited by Shrimpica

Ok so assuming my dad doesn't want to get a UK Visa cause that's an additional $115 expense, other proposed options are:

• France
  • Italy
  • Germany ( @Shrimpica give tips in case this ends up the winner)
  • Greece

My dad proposed Russia too lmao like i, the American, wouldn't be thrown into jail immediately. So that one was shot down.

I also looked at the possibility of the train from Paris to London and 

>85 euro for a one way trip

nnnnnnnnah.

I mean, i plan on going to all of these eventually+Japan and New Zealand but you know, one step at a time. 

Okay, went through the lost temple and got the Rosetta Stone pieces. The archaelogist exchanged them for Underwater Darts and returned to the outpost, giving the reassembled tablet to Sphinx there. Then it was a matter of reading the obelisks scattered around Heliopolis, which foretell a prophecy. Pretty much, about Sphinx stopping Set. So what the game is about, haha. Anyway, then the archaelogist gives Sphinx the Hathor Statue, to be put on a different obelisk. Will do that tomorrow, since doing that gives the next Canopic Vase, so will do the next Mummy segment next time.