Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It did review extremely well doing a quick check. May the free sample whet the palette for more.

yh

Although dunno if i am in the mood for another VN atm - a quickie like the demo should be fine - but it will be a few months before i pick up another VN probably, especially since i am still in the Tsukihime headspace lol

If Red Garden releases tomorrow i would for sure play it tho, i really wanna know how they are gonna change Far side. OG far side had potential, but imo not fully realized, so remake is just making me imagine, especially with all the additions lol xD

Nasu giff

Edited by Shrimpica

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

Although dunno if i am in the mood for another VN atm - a quickie like the demo should be fine - but it will be a few months before i pick up another VN probably, especially since i am still in the Tsukihime headspace lol

Totally understandable.😃

3 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

If Red Garden releases tomorrow i would for sure play it tho, i really wanna know how they are gonna change Far side.

Me with XCX2. I need answers.

a few months ago i posted

O5j7fNq.png

Funny enough i cleared 3 games from here (DMC5, Unicorn Overlord and TsukiRe), and Astral Chain and Sparks of Hope i hope can follow soon, thus finishing my top tier backlog games.

Posted (edited)
On 1/14/2024 at 4:41 PM, Shrimpica said:

my current backlog:

• DMC5 - already halfway through Done!
  • Sparks of Hope - also halfway through
  • Astral Chain - need to start
  • Engage Ironman i am doing atm Done!

Wanna finish those before i get anything new. There're games coming out soon i am looking forward to, tho

• Granblue Fantasy ReLink - although won't get day 1 unless there's a PC demo (atm only PS demo) and i really enjoy it - Higher on the list now!
  • Unicorn Overlord - Possible day 1, depending on reviews Done!
  • Eiyuden Chronicles Reviews lowered the game down the list, might remove from backlog

Other games i might nab if a sale happens:

• Triangle strategy - although you probably all noticed how i haven't been in a mood for Story heavy games lately - I just want to have fun. And the demo is really text heavy and if i don't like the gameplay, i would probably be hella pissed - i do enjoy me a good story tho Also lower on the list now
  • Star Ocean 2 Remake - That on the other hand i enjoyed the demo alot. It has that classic JRPG vibes i tend to adore - a 30% sale would be enough for me to nab it honestly
  • WitchSpring R: Witch. I love witches. Looks like a game with alot of variety. Witches. People say it's a hidden gem - did i mention Witches? Done!
  • Nayuta no Kiseki: 40 bucks is a wtf price, not paying more than 15 for this - so probably not anytime soon
  • Fate/Samurai Remnant: Very low prio due to being Mouso adjacent and 70 bucks price lol

Might also pick up a VN - Tsukihime RE i can emulate...but downloading switch games is a pain in the ass lol Done! Red Garden When?

Ya know, i am not half bad at this clearing backlog thing

Edited by Shrimpica

Posted (edited)

Mass-brainwashing, now that's lighter faire that I can swallow.😄 I've even been directly responsible for it twice, maybe more?

-Now if it involved me playing as/witnessing someone desperately trying to flee/futilely resist their reeducation, then it'd be personalized and become difficult to watch. Scope matters in fiction when it comes to the impact of something.

1 hour ago, Shrimpica said:

Fate/Samurai Remnant: Very low prio due to being Mouso adjacent and 70 bucks price lol

If my backlog ever shrank enough that I'd consider Bushi Leftovers for another action game, the Musou would be the reason I would consider it. -What would hold me back, is that it's F***. Stepping into that world is too intimidating for me.😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What would hold me back, is that it's F***. Stepping into that world is too intimidating for me.😆

hah!

Tbh, i think Fate might be too much for you, if you can't handle some of Berseria's.

Dunno how dark/deep F/SR is, but generally Nasu works don't shy away from anything xD. And having the PoV of a character going insane is quite common.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

hah!

Tbh, i think Fate might be too much for you, if you can't handle some of Berseria's.

Dunno how dark/deep F/SR is, but generally Nasu works don't shy away from anything xD. And having the PoV of a character going insane is quite common.

I hadn't even considered that. I was thinking more about the size/grandeur of the franchise, a behemoth of magical ...everything?... that'd be overwhelmingly overwhelming.😅

The franchise as VNs... yeah it wouldn't surprise if the first person to say "Hi!" to you with a smile on their face, vomited blood on you the very next second then melted into a pile of ectoplasm, leaving only their staring eyeballs intact.🤮👁️

Eh, at least that cooking video game ought to be on my level?😛 -It wouldn't faze me if the "meat" was a parting gift from the neighbor who recently "moved out".

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I hadn't even considered that. I was thinking more about the size/grandeur of the franchise, a behemoth of magical ...everything?... that'd be overwhelmingly overwhelming.😅

Eh.

Honestly, despite that stigma, it's not that bad.

When it comes to Fate, the main work is Fate/Stay Night (VN or Anime, although the adaptations are lacking). Then you got the spin offs. Most don't require F/SN knowledge tbh, aside from the ones directly connected to it...Which are: Fate/Zero (LN/Anime, Prequel), Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (VN, Sequel), Fate/Kaleid Prisma Illya (Manga, AU with mostly same characters, which this spin-off builds upon and shows a new side of due to events)

The rest you can read/watch/play whenever, no other Knowledge needed. Yeah there's a ton.

For non-Fate works, you got Tsukihime (VN), Mahoyo (VN), Kara no Kyoukai (LN/8 Anime movies)

Pretty easy, right? xD

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

yeah it wouldn't surprise if the first person to say "Hi!" to you with a smile on their face, vomited blood on you the very next second then melted into a pile of ectoplasm, leaving only their staring eyeballs intact.🤮👁️

...Ü

I could share some scenes much more horrifying than that tbh

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eh, at least that cooking video game ought to be on my level?😛 -It wouldn't faze me if the "meat" was a parting gift from the neighbor who recently "moved out".

Or Carnival Phantasm! The one true Canon!

Posted (edited)

Oh, Mt. Freeze Peak has one extra floor in this version. I don't know why they did that... but it feels better having 20 overall floors than 19, hahaha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

I know some people hoped the remake would've made the clash with Team ACT playable, but I kinda feel it's okay as-is. Keeping it as cutscene-only that gets interrupted by Ninetails... feels it does it more justice than having to make it "Team ACT is beaten in the gameplay but in the story they're still fine". Wouldn't invalidate the victory, as it were. Also makes it more plausible they'd go after Groudon while telling the player it's out of their league.

Anyway... phew, finally back at Pokémon Square. Got a few Gummies and Dojo Ticket to burn through... huh, Monster Houses can show up in the training course!? Damn, and I still don't have Discharge to give Pikachu...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

I elaborated on one really badass/funny moment from Dream of the Red Chamberhttps://revierofriver.blogspot.com/2024/05/spots-of-dark-humor-zhengs-family-in.html

TL;DR: what if the wholesome family introduced at the start of the story lasted for all of fifteen minutes before dying horribly abruptly without being mourned at all, LOL.

Edited by Revier

5 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

backlog big

Honestly, with how much of it there is, you can just take it in increments. I would not tell you to outright binge it, even i take breaks with that, and i'm currently in the 70s.

Btw the often cited best episode of the entire show (and i mean, the entire show) is one where it's literally just The Doctor by himself processing his grief. Literally he's the only character in that episode, there's no one else. So you know, just saying....

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If there's something you like, there's probably an episode out there that'll give it to you?😛 

Pretty much.

I mean we're even having dance numbers now

Ncuti legit turning out to be a S-tier Doctor and he's only had three episodes so far. He'll be up there with Capaldi and Pertwee for me at this rate.

4 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

I could emulate XCX as my next game

At this point in time, that's your best interest right now, what with the online going down. Pretendo doesn't work on Xenoblade X yet.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Btw the often cited best episode of the entire show (and i mean, the entire show) is one where it's literally just The Doctor by himself processing his grief. Literally he's the only character in that episode, there's no one else. So you know, just saying

we stan those.

VNs love those

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At this point in time, that's your best interest right now, what with the online going down. Pretendo doesn't work on Xenoblade X yet.

mb

But also TTYD in a couple weeks, so dunno

Oh, Uproar Forest is only 4 floors now. Well, that makes the Chestnut gathering go much faster, which I'm guessing was the point.

29 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

But also TTYD in a couple weeks, so dunno

I never took you for a Paper Mario fan! Xd

XC mod playthrough finished. Feels so much better without the crazy endgame inflation the game normally suffers!

33 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I never took you for a Paper Mario fan! Xd

Not really a fan, but more like i finally wanna play the game i watched so much in my kiddie days xD

2 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

Pretty easy, right? xD

Yep.😆

Thank you. -Though I think I'll still keep safely away from the franchise. -Joy for all who can brave the tempest!😃

I could share some scenes much more horrifying than that tbh

No duh! My imagination is very limited.😅 -And that's what scares me.😐 Though it's also what makes fiction great, discovering the inconceivable.🤓

Or Nu: Carnival Phantasm! The one true Canon!

The strength of anime, no? Tragedy and comedy! Ignore the complaints Japan mixes them too haphazardly. The edit refers to an NSFW BL mobile game, twas low-hanging wordplay fruit.

Just now, Shrimpica said:

Not really a fan, but more like i finally wanna play the game i watched so much in my kiddie days xD

Interesting situation. Hopefully it'd be fun in practice for you.

I still have my GameCube, so I'm not sure if I should buy the remake.

Posted (edited)

R.I.P. Shinji

The original Living With Determination is still better tho

On 5/10/2024 at 9:33 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I did finally get to the checkpoint in the linked ironman, although I must admit I did play what is a short section very slowly. I didn't poke @Venger_06 about it yet, but last I heard he was playing through Persona 3 Reloded, so he might be as slow about updating as I have been.

Thanks for reminding me

These last two weeks have been slow for me (I was studying to take an exam before it was postponed) but I think I'll be able to post an update on Monday!

Edited by Venger_06