Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

With the above, unexpected and disappointing conversation, I think I'll take a break from SRWW for today. Doesn't exactly feel right. And it's not like I haven't played enough in the past few days.๐Ÿ˜†

And, later on today I have my first session with a therapist, I already didn't want to be too stuck in a gaming mindset either.๐Ÿ˜…ย (I'm quite nervous ofc, yet of all things, a therapist -a professional in empathy- is among the last you should in principle have nerves seeing.)

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Armagon said:

I heard the lead dev dropped it because he "converted to Christianity" and immediately upon doing so, became transphobic.

ย 

???

What a lead of logic that guys arrived to lmao

Edit: Ya know i misspelled leap as lead but i think lead fits as well so i will leave it

Edited by Codename Shrimp

...Done with my first session, mostly just answering general questions.

Spoiler

I was concerned about compatibility with the therapist, being that that's quite important. They seem nice enough -except for one thing they said.๐Ÿ˜ย Not a dealbreaker though, it won't affect in the least what I seek from counseling. and one should live life being able to bear with those of different opinions than one's own. Though it's still not ideal. Thankfully, I'm good at keeping silent, and showed no visible signs of disagreement with what they said. My options are kinda limited too.

ย 

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Prepare your popcorn lads the brits are at it again

I haven't been following politics anywhere in the world at all for the past five months or so. But, whatever the results, I doubt the Brits will suddenly start doing swimmingly.

-I've noticed the new name & avi, Shrimpy. Enjoying the game that much?๐Ÿ˜€ย I might change my avi next month for a mid-year swap, but I'm not sure to what.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Enjoying the game that much?๐Ÿ˜€

It legit could end up as a Top Tier SRPG. Still halfway through tho so can't completely judge yet, but signs looking good.

Although, the main reason for the change is that the other series that occupied that space i really haven't been enjoying lately, with me being close to dropping it.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At it again what?

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-69042935

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At it again what?

Snap elections for July 4th, I think.

Labour will probably win ...but don't some oppositions love snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? And even if a win, I believe there are those who think Labour doesn't actually stand for all that much, and will emerge the victor over a party that defeated itself, which would probably be a short-lived victory methinks (and do little good for the British people).

4 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Although, the main reason for the change is that the other series that occupied that space i really haven't been enjoying lately, with me being close to dropping it.

? -Mind if I ask? I don't think I caught what it was.

5 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

It legit could end up as a Top Tier SRPG. Still halfway through tho so can't completely judge yet, but signs looking good.

I don't think I could see myself doing that. If I haven't played the game at all, I'd be concerned I wouldn't like it/the character. If I played the game partly, I'd be concerned about it/the character fumbling later on. Either way it'd feel like I made a total mistake.๐Ÿ˜…

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

? -Mind if I ask? I don't think I caught what it was.

Oshi no Ko

ย 

I don't think I could see myself doing that.

judging a game halfway through? I am usually judging how much i am enjoying what i am playing xD

If I played the game partly, I'd be concerned about it/the character fumbling later on.

always a possibility, but i won't let that hold me back or i would stop gaming all together xD

Edited by Codename Shrimp

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

judging a game halfway through? I am usually judging how much i am enjoying what i am playing xD

Using it for an avi before I've played the game/before I've finished it (my username will never change๐Ÿ˜›).ย 

Ignore the fact that my member badge was and has (out of pure laziness) remained Czene since long before touching Berwick Saga. Or that I couldn't be bothered to get her to as much as level 5 b/c BS thieves aren't for BS noobs like me.๐Ÿ˜†

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Using it for an avi before I've played the game/before I've finished it (my username will never change๐Ÿ˜›).ย 

I do it all the time xD

3 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Oshi no Ko

Did they remove the incest

56 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Prepare your popcorn lads the brits are at it again

Anyway, frankly I have enough popcorn fuel with the current diplomatic crisis between Spain and Argentina, where a minister called Milei a drug adict, Milei called Sanchez's wife corrupt, Sanchez called back the Spanish ambassador in Argentina and Milei responded by calling him a totalitarian coward. You know, real mature world leader serious politician shit.

...Everyone talks about the minister's utterly moronic remark about Milei as if it was the "first blood", as it were, seemingly forgetting the time the alt-right leader went to Argentina, told Milei the people would want to "hang Sanchez from his feet" and Milei just laughed the joke up. Am I going crazy? Why does nobody remember the time those two chucklefucks had a good laugh over threats to the president's life?

So uh, yeah. The brits can do whatever they please honestly, I've got enough ridiculous nonsense going on right at home.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

frankly I have enough popcorn fuel with the current diplomatic crisis between Spain and Argentina

oh yeah didn't you guys kick the-

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

where a minister called Milei a drug adict, Milei called Sanchez's wife corrupt, Sanchez called back the Spanish ambassador in Argentina and Milei responded by calling him a totalitarian coward. You know, real mature world leader serious politician shit.

Lmao what grade school shit is this xD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Am I going crazy? Why does nobody remember the time those two chucklefucks had a good laugh over threats to the president's life?

It was just a joke bro calm down

/s obvs

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh, yeah. The brits can do whatever they please honestly, I've got enough ridiculous nonsense going on right at home.

i mean, here we have politicians getting physically attacked - especially the greens, and everything is getting polarized to high extreme.

Still, it's the brits ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

Sakurai's stance on "tier lists are phony" has been brought up again. Dude, stop trying to convince everyone every game is 100% balanced lmao. it's just sad at this point.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But foreign nonsense is precisely why it can be entertaining. It might affect you to some degree, but likely not as much as domestic nonsense -which you thus have to take more seriously. -If you consider "nonsense" to be worth laughing at at all (or if not "worth it", the only alternative to crying at it b/c you feel powerless to change things), since one might not, due to peoples' lives being affected by it.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, why care about tier lists, anyway.

I mean, in cases like RBY Mewtwo, it's an undisputable fact that the only thing that can beat it is itself. Don't know what else to say, really. XD

Clearly he is in denial that there are going to be "good" and "bad" in any game.

Edited by Lightcosmo

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Is that really his stand, or it's more a "just play however you want" stand?

It was an actual claim.

16 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Btw, anyone here tried Pokerogue?

I did try a bit a few weeks ago

At first I thought you meant that Pokemon Roguelike rom hack that I have played multiple versions of, but I am glad I double checked as it is its own little browser game which seems kind of fun. Meowth quickly became one of my go to starter mons as technician boosted STAB Fake Out and Feint make for a useful combination. I haven't managed to get all that far, I think my furthest run got a little past the third gym.

Some personal venting (I know I haven't done this in a while, and I'm sorry to do it all at.)...

Spoiler

During my first session, since I inevitably brought up my liking for history, I discovered the therapist I just so happen to have chosenย believes in history conspiracy theories.๐Ÿ˜

Now, I said nothing, showed no signs of visible disagreement. And, that such a matter of dispute between them and I, would be irrelevant to the therapy itself. People have different opinions too, I get that. I should think nothing of this and forever let it go.

-But I can't. I'm fixating. Is it because I'm intellectually inflexible? Or am I looking for a standard of client-therapist compatibility that is too high? I was afraid of choosing poorly from the start. Am I trying to convince myself that I did over what's factually nothing? Am I trying to simply to cancel the therapy because I'm afraid of what would ultimately be confronting myself and changing? I will admit I was having cold feet and to the last minute was considering ditching the appointment -were it not for the fine print IIRC saying something about last-minute cancellations not being covered by insurance.

Part of me wants to cancel the next session, and all thereafter. And maybe I would if I were more independent. -Except I'm not, family would inevitably have to know, and then they'd want answers, which would be a problem. I'd have to confront, which as I said, I don't like doing. And if I confronted on that, then why not wing it and confront on everything else? -But then that makes these years of "wisely" waiting for a therapist's guidance before confronting to be an absolutely foolish waste of time!ย I feel like I have to stick with this one, and no other.

...Why do I even think I need a therapist again? I'm already smart, I already know what's wrong with me, I know what the solutions are. And anyone else trying to cheer me up into making those solutions happen would inevitably fail, as I would stubbornly resist any words of encouragement, as I always have.

No matter the answers, they all lead to the same conclusion- I'm an idiot.

While the nervousness from beforehand is gone, I don't think I'm feeling any better.ย 

๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ