Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

56 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

He actually did it.

#rasputin from The Museum of the Strange and Unusual

But yeah, be real interesting how that played out. Is there some weird interplay with a White Revolution event? Something else? How did he even get there?

This was all the AIs doing, I had no hand in this.

The way it works for all countries is that individual agitators can come along and stir up unrest for a specific law, and if the interest group that agitator is apart is in government they can also become the leading politician of that interest group. And with the way elections work, if that leading politician is part of the interest group with the highest clout and wins the election, they become president or prime minister.

Many of the agitators in the game are historical, so this can lead to reasonable situations like Lenin becoming chairman of the Soviet Union, or-

hiwly63tq60d1.jpeg

Oh yeah, I learned BB's soundtrack's more infected than I thought.

Might need some help with that one (though to be fair, I think that track's not as cursed by the short loop to fruit loopiness)

3 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

g8bgignpsi6d1.png?auto=webp&s=7d63bd436e

Tis Time, Brudis and Schwestis!

Sheesh Germany and Switzerland

(Also, missed opportunity for Scotland to bring the Shinty stick smh)

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Sometimes Paradox games do be like that... and mods too. Smh...

I'm asking it myself because, well, I don't even know if he did that as part of it.

This is why I don't play games set in the last 150 years /s

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Too bad about the thing, though. Better luck next time?

Pfffthaha yeah let's not get our hopes up.

(Just imagine this is in a 50's Americana accent)

Did you know there's such a thing as effort to put into these things, well that and being known as "that guy", it's going to be a lot of work and time before progress is made.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On my part there's not much to say. I've mostly been working on my FE8 Bad Guys hack for most of this year.

Is this focused on SS villains or more of a series-wide travail? I assume the former, but the villain list is a bit smaller here......

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shoot, no way. I mean, I have no idea how they'd go about giving Live a Live a sequel. The plot is pretty self-contained. Still, you wouldn't hear me say no.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, sequel as in actual story continuation, or simply reusing the concept?

Considering I haven't seen anything else since I first saw a suggestion of it, not much of anything of substance either and SE's own positions changing lately, chances are low. Be hype if true though.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

This was all the AIs doing, I had no hand in this.

The way it works for all countries is that individual agitators can come along and stir up unrest for a specific law, and if the interest group that agitator is apart is in government they can also become the leading politician of that interest group. And with the way elections work, if that leading politician is part of the interest group with the highest clout and wins the election, they become president or prime minister.

Many of the agitators in the game are historical, so this can lead to reasonable situations like Lenin becoming chairman of the Soviet Union, or-

hiwly63tq60d1.jpeg

Well, if we've already seen a vampire hunting or mech controlling Lincoln, I guess this shouldn't be so surprising, but least he kept to abolition.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Oh yeah, I learned BB's soundtrack's more infected than I thought.

Might need some help with that one (though to be fair, I think that track's not as cursed by the short loop to fruit loopiness)

You can run, you can hide. But you can never escape the earlygame FE6 theme.

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Is this focused on SS villains or more of a series-wide travail? I assume the former, but the villain list is a bit smaller here......

Former, yeah. I had to get creative and pull NPCs, background characters and monsters to bolster the numbers.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

oj4o4ttcjj6d1.png

no way

He's "loved" by 100% of people, indeed peak unreality. Raspy was highly divisive, I know the tsarina's family fell into a serious rift with her over the man.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

hiwly63tq60d1.jpeg

His approval is arguably where it at the time he lived belongs, hellllllo the half of the US that left when he was first elected. ...But what servitude an abolitionist abolish in 19th century China? Economic imperialism?

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They just don't understand. It's a Gai thing. lol

10/10🤣

As an aside, I'm reminded how one of the Zeorymer baddies could also launch nuclear missiles despite the Jammers. I don't think it was explained either. Well, it was a Super Robot, so... screw logic! XD

...Either Burrstone of the Mountains or Dinodilos of the Earth ...I'm 95% certain it is Mountains b/c the Earthquake is then Earth.

And who needs nukes when you have Meioh? 🤜☢️🤛 Great Zeo says "why not both?".

Makes you wonder if Volkruss could've been revived just like that, however...

First, there is more than one level of reviving Volkruss. Remember, Masaki and co. fight Volkruss in the very first battle of Masoukishin 2, a very feeble Volkruss. I grabbed a "Dark Summoning 101" book off the shelf of a chain bookstore in Orb, it advised any novice cultist begin by practicing with Volkruss, and the W world doesn't even have La Gias!

So I assume you mean a "Full Avatar" of Volkruss, the kind of thing that's strong enough to be suitable for a final boss. In that case... well it only took one maiden with cousincestuous feelings to revive one of those. -Correction, one ugly Gharnef newly given to despair. So you don't even need a pure female, anybody will do, and their utter misery can be spurest spur-of-the-moment. ...Meaning four maidens is plenty, just cast Daunt on them 10 times each beforehand to make 'em hopeless. Heck you might want to even hold a few back, because you probably have enough young ladies for reviving multiple full avatars. All things said, Volkruss is ez.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Alright, I think it's been a long enough break.

Welcome back!😃🎊

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Alright, I think it's been a long enough break. So, my life has been a long string of building up to something, only for it to underwhelm and fumble at the finish line. In other words, I was part of a failed election campaign for most of 2024 so far after prep before then, had the emotional spiral and post mortem and all. Chances are there'll be another election before the year ends. Joy. I may be moving with other stuff as well, but that looming event has passed, so I think I'm fine popping my head up like a lone soldier in the trench after the gunfire stopped.

Relatable on some level.😐 My sympathies.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Lot I've missed, can't really be fair about that to ask all of you what's been happening but I'll admit my curiosity is there.

Other than the joys of gaming and some reading 😄, it has been the saaaaaame existential drift that I had as when you went on hiatus.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Either Burrstone of the Mountains or Dinodilos of the Earth ...I'm 95% certain it is Mountains b/c the Earthquake is then Earth.

I'm pretty sure it was Burrstone, yes.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First, there is more than one level of reviving Volkruss. Remember, Masaki and co. fight Volkruss in the very first battle of Masoukishin 2, a very feeble Volkruss. I grabbed a "Dark Summoning 101" book off the shelf of a chain bookstore in Orb, it advised any novice cultist begin by practicing with Volkruss, and the W world doesn't even have La Gias!

So I assume you mean a "Full Avatar" of Volkruss, the kind of thing that's strong enough to be suitable for a final boss. In that case... well it only took one maiden with cousincestuous feelings to revive one of those. -Correction, one ugly Gharnef newly given to despair. So you don't even need a pure female, anybody will do, and their utter misery can be spurest spur-of-the-moment. ...Meaning four maidens is plenty, just cast Daunt on them 10 times each beforehand to make 'em hopeless. Heck you might want to even hold a few back, because you probably have enough young ladies for reviving multiple full avatars. All things said, Volkruss is ez.

Hmm, interesting.

Well, if it can be like Medeus, then he's back without actually killing the maidens... but then can absorb their life force each to recover if re-killed. But well, different system and all that, yes.

Another internet curse for everyone to appreciate.

53 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was the top hat, right?

What, did he trade it in his rise to rule?

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can run, you can hide. But you can never escape the earlygame FE6 theme.

Dread it, run from it, Roy arrives.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Former, yeah. I had to get creative and pull NPCs, background characters and monsters to bolster the numbers.

Monsters. Sick.

24 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Welcome back @Punished Dayni 😄

Teehee Shrimpy.

Thoughts on this?

20 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Perfect Tournament start^^

They didn't need to be that brutal.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He's "loved" by 100% of people, indeed peak unreality. Raspy was highly divisive, I know the tsarina's family fell into a serious rift with her over the man.

I missed that, truly Russia's famous love machine.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But what servitude an abolitionist abolish in 19th century China? Economic imperialism?

The Opium war's consequences on many people in terms of drug addiction?

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Welcome back!😃🎊

https://gifdb.com/images/high/hurray-cute-dinosaur-party-5rirlox41jpgv8cs.gif

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Relatable on some level.😐 My sympathies.

It's just a bit frustrating that with all the work done (nobody was out canvassing as much) that it didn't have more of an impact. Lessons learned and all that.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Other than the joys of gaming and some reading 😄, it has been the saaaaaame existential drift that I had as when you went on hiatus.

Well that's rough.

Any progress on your end on the material parts at least?

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What, did he trade it in his rise to rule?

Probably reached into it and pulled out the Mandate of Heaven.

I missed that, truly Russia's famous love machine.

Well, there was a cat that really was gone.

The Opium war's consequences on many people in terms of drug addiction?

Abolish addiction, brilliant!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, if it can be like Medeus, then he's back without actually killing the maidens...

I'm not familiar with the details, but the Precia route/ending of Masoukishin 2. Precia lives, brainwashed and in need of a chat first thing during the final battle. And the cause of Volkruss's revival there I think, from what little I know, is Precia's personal inability to move past Shu's murder of her father, even though Masaki has. A hatred Precia simply can't give up.

(Giving Precia a new attack in her Revelation of Evil God final battle called "Rite of Spring" is appropriate. As The Rite of Spring is a 1913 ballet (reminder- Precia makes Diablo ribbon-dance) which is sometimes said to have invented modernist ballet/dance, and had an infamous much-hated debut performance for some reason. The thin plot of The Rite of Spring, is a Slavic pagan vernal ritual, which ends when a girl chosen to be sacrificed to the pagan gods dances to her death. Dancing to death being an almost century-old plot device by that point in ballet.)

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Well that's rough.

Well I tried making progress by finally booking a therapist last month. ...And then immediately cancelled after the second session, I didn't like it. Maybe I don't actually need one after yearning for one for so long, as I know well what I need to do to end the keeping-me-awake-at-night drift. Or, maybe what I need is somebody different. I'm directionless now.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Any progress on your end on the material parts at least?

You left when Engage came out, that was Jan 2023? What did I play in all that time?🤔...

• The "black sheep quintet" of the Atelier series- the Atelier Iris trilogy and the Mana Khemia duology. I binged it all, including both protagonists of Mana Khemia 2, feels like forever ago.
  • Ys: Seven I think? And Ys: Memories of Celceta too. And Ys I&II.
  • Too much Endless Space 2 and Endless Legend.
    • Sci-fi and fantasy-themed 4X games respectively. Hundreds of hours logged into both b/c I fall readily into 4X temptation.😅
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
    • I emulated this game I played years ago on the 3DS, so that I wouldn't have to delete/NG+ over the one save slot on the game card. It was my intro to Etrian Odyssey, and it's still very fun. But it was generally easy for me an EO semi-expert now, I killed the final boss in nine turns.
  • Super Mario Bros Wonder -I didn't do the challenge world though, too tough though the rest was easy.
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Kirby Returns to Dream Land Deluxe
  • Advance Wars 1&2 Re-Boot Camp
    • Really helped me endure with a bout of deep depression that ravaged the months of September and October for me. Childhood memories reborn do that.😂
    • Need to get back eventually for Advanced Campaign AW2, AW1's is too brutal for me from what little I remember.
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.
    • A highly regarded game that, somehow, probably my fault, did not click with me at all, I am sad to say.🙁
  • GrimGrimoire: OnceMore edition by the same developer as 13S (Vanillaware).
    • Short, an appetizer in the world of gaming. While I stuck to easy difficulty, it was delightful little snack.
  • Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra -I got back to it, and finished.
    • This PS2 game wasn't supposed to be the last episode of Xenosaga, but Namco didn't want to finance more these underperforming sales, and so told Monolith Soft to wrap it up with Ep. III. While obviously the plot was rushed as a result, Monolith did its best to execute a smooth rushed conclusion.
  • Tales of Berseria- I played it last month.
    • Excellent cast of heroes, a distinctly dark tone for a Tales game. A little too much suffering for me at points (I got to scene/dialogue-skipping), but overall I really liked it.
  • Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars
  • Super Robot Wars
    • Three playthroughs of Super Robot Wars J last year, with plans to start a fourth, final run later this year (maybe in September if depression strikes again, maybe Nov 2nd b/c fate of the world insanity).
    • I played and completed Super Robot Wars GC in January and February this year.
    • I am currently working on Super Robot Wars W (Double), I'm on Scenario 47 now.
    • Super Robot Wars is purest sweetness for me.😆
  • Maglam Lord I think? A fairly light Action RPG/Dating Sim (including s/s love, which I'm desperate for, hence me picking it up) with nicely drawn anime 2D portraits. But the 3D visuals are bad and the combat is extremely rudimentary, dragging it down to 6/10 territory or worse.
  • Rune Factory 5
    • I know many fans think it's bad, and I can see where they are coming from. But I'm not as harsh on it. I finished the story, eventually. But, I intentionally slowed down my pace of ingame progress b/c I didn't want to go too fast. Yet I ended up slowing down too much and Ares never wedded the man of his dreams (and I couldn't decide who either).
  • Eternights

...I might missed something, but that's basically everything.😅 I should've played even more with the lack of an actual life I have, but I want to say I fail even at hedonism.

As reading, well I get four magazines now- National Geographic, Nat Geo History, Smithsonian, Archaeology, all very good.🤓 If only I remembered more of what I read.😅

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra -I got back to it, and finished.

Congrats!!!

On 6/13/2024 at 8:37 PM, Venger_06 said:

I just know that Anno directed a Godzilla movie recently

That is correct, he directed Shin Godzilla in 2016. I'm pretty sure he just lifted the Evangelion soundtrack too.

10 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

no way

There lived a certain man

In Russia long ago

He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow...

Oh, those Russians.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Alright, I think it's been a long enough break.

Welcome back, I was wondering when you would get out of that Emblem Ring.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...That was last year in case you forgot. I was posting about it here ofc.😆

I knew that, i was just making certain that you knew! Xd

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not familiar with the details, but the Precia route/ending of Masoukishin 2. Precia lives, brainwashed and in need of a chat first thing during the final battle. And the cause of Volkruss's revival there I think, from what little I know, is Precia's personal inability to move past Shu's murder of her father, even though Masaki has. A hatred Precia simply can't give up.

(Giving Precia a new attack in her Revelation of Evil God final battle called "Rite of Spring" is appropriate. As The Rite of Spring is a 1913 ballet (reminder- Precia makes Diablo ribbon-dance) which is sometimes said to have invented modernist ballet/dance, and had an infamous much-hated debut performance for some reason. The thin plot of The Rite of Spring, is a Slavic pagan vernal ritual, which ends when a girl chosen to be sacrificed to the pagan gods dances to her death. Dancing to death being an almost century-old plot device by that point in ballet.)

Interesting.

Dance battlers are certainly not an uncommon trope, yep. It's already a physically demanding activity, so it can translate with some extra training. No wonder even most FE dancers can use a weapon too.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You left when Engage came out, that was Jan 2023? What did I play in all that time?🤔...

Wait, Dayni had left since that long ago!?

#NewProfilePic

Don't worry, the Malos isn't gone. But me and all the other Doctor Who fans popped the fuck off today.

Watch Pyramids of Mars.

13 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

oj4o4ttcjj6d1.png

no way

Ra-Ra-Rasputin, lover of the Russian queen....

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Lot I've missed, can't really be fair about that to ask all of you what's been happening but I'll admit my curiosity is there.

Welcome back man. Glad to see you again, hope life's been treating you well.

For me, big thing is that i'm fully committing to digital art now.

image.png?ex=666e6447&is=666d12c7&hm=753

this is what i'm doing currently.

My first piece

Illustration3.jpg?ex=666e56c3&is=666d054

which is based on

Screenshot_2024-06-06-12-53-48-83_572064

As for games.....well you left in January 2023 so

https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/list/ranking-every-game-i-played-in-2023-finalized/

and as for right now

https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/list/ranking-every-game-i-played-in-2023-finalized/

yeah this year gonna be a weak one for new playthroughs as i'm currently revisiting games right now, mainly, doing a chronological replay of the Xenoblade series.

Astray-s-Meaning.pngX-Astray-Meaning.png

Thanks for spelling it out so my interpretations won’t go astray.

Lowe lecturing Kira, Athrun, and Prayer “tools are just tools, don’t think using them is inherently bad, you get to choose how they’re used” feels odd. I don’t think he’s in an age/experience position to do that.😛

Scenario 46: The Beginning of a New Age

Spoiler

This episode of Super Robot Wars W takes place on December 30th and 31th, 100 ASC (Alliance Space Calendar). However, it feels more like Christmas, as I will later get to.

But first (actually second, this comes after showing me Neue Warter) on Dec 30th, the Martian Successors are shown preparing for their Plan Kou. When they with full Boson Jump control, shall militarily storm the UN Assembly and conquer the Earth. Once they do, the Jovians now living on Earth are bound to rebel as well. It’ll be exactly 100 years since the Jovians were exiled once New Year’s arrives, a new world order shall be born, the crime of the last century undone! Tessa, Lacus, and Kaname are shown again, and Teletha retains her hope.

Meanwhile, the heroes are planning for their counterattack on the Martian Successors. The Nadesico B can perform Field Jumps, and will surround the other Neue Warter battleships to bring them along to Mars. It’ll be risky though, since they don’t have any A-Class Jumpers. And once there, the Successors have turned the Martian ruins into a full-on fortress, having destroyed an earlier Alliance fleet sent to attack it.

With the heroes preparing for their fate-of-the-world battle with the Martian Successors, it seems appropriate that they’re gearing up for it. They use Wirbelwind, the omni-constructor system that can take whatever information in inputted and create things somehow, from Detonator Orgun, which created the powerful Orgun Solid Armor. Some, though not all, of the following things get built via Wilberwind.:

• The Power Cylinder parts for the Gundam Astray Red Frame Jean gave Lowe after Gina’s defeat. Lowe names it “Powered Red”.
    • These allow the Red Frame to use the 150M Gerbera Straight without the Power Loader. It doesn’t make it any stronger, but Powered Red doesn’t take a Mobility hit in exchange for more HP, Armor, becoming L-sized, and having a throwable non-MAP 150M attack like the Power Loader does.
  • Gai’s Astray Gundam Blue Frame gets an N-Jammer Canceller.
    • This allows the unit to include a nuclear reactor for the sake of powering a Positron (Anti-Electron, an electron with a positive change instead of a negative one, aka "antimatter") Blaster Cannon. A PBC is the same cannon as the two Lohengrin used by the Archangel.
    • The full name is Gundam Astray Blue Frame (2nd L + Lohengrin). Kinda long. I missed what the “2nd L” means, probably missed the route that explained it.
    • The Lohengrin Launcher is 4500 for 50 EN and 3-8 range with a MAP version as well. Gai has natural Hit & Run a bonus. Plus Phase Shift Armor and the N-Jammer Canceller.
  • Waltfeld says the Eternal is too badly damaged to be deployed right now. But does give Kira & Athrun their METEORs. Same greatness as in J.
  • Prayer Reverie gets some parts found in the Eternal added to his Dreadnought. A DRAGOON module (Disconnected Rapid Armament Group Overlook Operation Network).
    • The quantum communication system the DRAGOON uses is apparently the same as in Gunbarrels, which only certain pilots are talented enough to use.
      • …One such pilot is Mu. And, Creuset’s Providence Gundam uses DRAGOON IIRC. …Not a clone of George Glenn, but a “sibling” to those two blondes?😮
    • 4300 3-8 50 EN, with a MAP variant, the DRAGOON System is just slightly weaker than what Gai got. Curious to know which has the better MAP.
    • Two episodes ago, this unit joined as the Dreadnought (GuAIZ Head). Last chapter, it became the Dreadnought Gundam. Now, it’s the X Astray.😆
  • Cagalli gets the IWSP (Integrated Weapon Strike Pack), designed by Erica (one of her Orb M1 Astray pilots I think?). Mu bickers that he could use it.
  • Mu gets the Lightning Strike Pack, also from Erica. A long-range attack frame. Cagalli bickers that she could use it.
    • The Lightning Strike Pack has 3200 power 1-9 range MAP, though I don’t know how it spreads out, W doesn’t let me check outside of using it. Best attack, like the IWSP, is 3700 power. Though the IWSP doesn't have a MAP.
  • Yoko envies the Mobile Suits, and gets a prototype Solid Armor with internal systems based on the Birdman, designed by the I-Zack, the AI/supercomputer from Orgun. No biological linkage needed to wear it.
    • The E.D.F. Leave-type Solid Armor is mediocre, but its a second playable Detonator Orgun unit, for what that’s worth.
  • Sosuke…

Bonta-kun-Obtained.png

The “…” says everything.🤣 Bonta-kun is Fumoffu/10.

As I said, Christmas.🎄 All those secret requirements from eons ago are finally paying me back.😄

After this, the infirmary where D-Boy is struggling to remember even Miyuki now. Then Papillon of GGG is revealed to be alive, or rather, when the Pas-Q Machine formed from the merging of the Q-Parts, the newly-murdered Papillon had an accidental Replian clone made of her. Which, having all her memories and personality, is considered the same person by those who know her well.

Papillon and Professor Michi of Orgun reveal to D-Boy alone that the Evoluted’s Solid Armor was modeled after the Radam’s Tek-System. And that the Evoluted’s biological forms are linked to their Solid Armors, leading to the conclusion that they are Earthlings, or used to be long ago. -But D-Boy’s memories from the Radam collective indicate the Evoluted and Radam have been fighting for centuries, humans couldn’t have invented Solid Armor back then. Unable to solve this quandary, Michi thinks of one thing- contacting the Database. The conversation ends there.

Off to make the Boson Jump! Ruri states the date and time as December 31st, 100 ASC, 23:30. The ReHOME isn’t coming along, but everything else is. -The Martian Successors + ZAFT warp in, the heroes deploy to deal with them quickly, gotta hurry and get back to the jump. Only the Nadesico is a mandatory battleship here, both Valstork and Archangel are optional. I take a moment to look at my new action figures.

I defeat the first group of Successors & ZAFT. More Martians arrive, pushing the Nadesico to its damage limits, yet they need to warp out of here. The Martians say Plan Kou has begun, it’s too late for you! Ruri- “You fell for it.”

Heroic-Trap-2.png

?

Indeed-The-Rich-Always-Win.png

Akatsuki is back at last. His portrait looks evil.

Relena-to-the-Rescue.png

Relena! Revere the Saint!😇 

...And your fellow Jovian of justice too.😜

Mariemaia-Back.png

Mariemaia! She admits she was wrong before, and invokes the name of her beloved father to continue where Relena left off on persuading the Successors.

George-Betrayal.png

George Glenn in the holographic flesh! The Evangelist who brought the gospel of Gekiganger to a heathen people. He actually stays serious through all of this.

And, UN Secretary General Rose Approval shows up last. She reveals the existence of the N-Jammer Canceller in UN hands, which the Jovians recognize could end the energy crisis. She promises it will be used only peacefully yeeeeeeah Blue Cosmos still lives.

Back to the battlefield, the Martian Successors were fed a livestream of the “New Year’s celebration”. Half are so demoralized they leave. Ruri explains to the remainder that their direct assault on a major target on an auspicious occasion using a newly-improved known asset, was entirely predictable. (The Martian Successors are still Jovians, and still largely vulnerable to their same old weaknesses from a year ago.)

The other half of the Successors get sternly reprimanded by Tsukumo, who has returned way later than I was expecting. The remaining Successors flee. Alongside Major Shiratori- Hikaru and Izumi at last, who are their same old selves again (minus Izumi having black instead of blue hair). Also with them, the Nadesico C. As the Nadesico B is so badly damaged, the Orbit Base takes it away and transfers Omoikane to the Nadesico C. Minato is helmsman again, Yukina is around, Jun is back, Prospector and Uribatake too. Also, Ms. Fressange.

Explaining-One-s-Death.png

Yep, not an imposter.😁 (Everyone realizes this from that one four-word sentence. And Ruri is dumbfounded.)

-But Inez my Nadescian spirit animal doesn’t get the opportunity to lecture . We need at least second if not a third wave of fightable bad guys to kill here, one isn’t enough.😝 Orgun was mandatory here, so yep it’s Evoluted. Detonator Lang ruins the good mood, but I have fun busting the matryoshka dolls called Eid/Eid II, since I was able to spend one turn where almost everyone Combo attacked three Eids.😄

When I attack Lang with Tekkaman Blade, D-Boy asks- are the Evoluted the descendants of Earthlings? He says shouts that he never heard such a preposterous lie before and for such an insult, I shall kill you on behalf of my glorious Evoluted clan- the Albatro! Lang has the dishonor of dying in so gleeful an episode, warning that the Zorma, Commandant Zoa, and Lady Mhiku who predicts the Earthlings’ defeat shall soon be here.

A moment’s relief for final preparations regained, ReHOME, Akatsuki and Genichiro arrive. The Glenn did his one job so now it can go to Mars. Akatsuki explains he has been doing a lot of things behind the scenes to help the heroes. Some never realized he was the president of Nergal, another says they could’ve done a quick check of his last name to find out. He also faked word of Ms. Fressange’s death and kept it a secret from everyone including allies, given how valuable she is as an A-Class Jumper. He wants to come along now for a change from the daily corporate grind, and gives up some cash -200k in funds- to those who complain he should’ve covered more of their bills in the 1st half of W. Genichiro’s return is more subdued, he has been working for the secret police as a shadow of justice to Tsukumo’s surface light and reaffirms his friendship with him. The last of the several ancient secrets acquired in this episode, is acquired.

I really liked all of this schmaltzy silly stuff!😊 Schiaparelli Project played during the entire UN surprise. A tune from TV Nadesico, an aural infusion of the craziness I sense exists in the show, which I find mostly delightful when diluted and placed in SRW. …If there’s no mountain without a valley, no great joy without great sorrow, does this mean Yurika is going to die and never come back next fight?

Meanwhile, on the Mobile Planet Neviim Zorma of the Evoluted, word of Lang’s death arrives. Commandant Zoa remains confident and mentions the Solid Armors D-Boy’s father gave them. Lady Mhiku, thinking to herself, senses someone like her on Earth, probably the famous TV fortuneteller who image appeared during the start of this chapter and has been spoken of before, as they both appear to be blind and are clairvoyant. Lady Mhiku is aware of an ancient, forgotten connection to the Earth that Commandant Zoa is not.

And things end on an ominous tone at the Database.

Amalgam-and-Database-2.png

How did Teletha’s brother get here?🤨 -He’s a Whispered, probably that. He and Inference get along really well, both being pretty boys with their egos up their asses. (A Full Metal Panic! villain cooperating with extraterrestrial AIs wasn’t something I thought possible. FMP is Real and kinda grounded despite the Whispered? The Banpresto Original here has a scope well beyond that.) Amalgam has been helping the Recorders with their recording of the Solar System. Though they don’t think they’ll ever meet again.

Leonard calls himself a Recorder of the Solar System when Inference remarks on the reams of Whispered knowledge stored within him. Which results in Inference saying the above line. Now, I get the archaeologist/historian joke “I’d like you better if you were dead”, but this isn’t that. I agree with what I read in a magazine recently- the study of history, like Buddhism, is a way of dealing with the inevitability of change, and death is a form of change. That doesn’t mean historians should hasten the eternal end however! Get your wires uncrossed Minty Blue Boy!

*Ahem* Leonard says there are two other Whispered who should be gathered first, before that deletion happens. He asks Inference to give observe what he does next. Leonard asks for a trip back to Earth, with a quick detour to Mars first. Way to be a killjoy! You’re going to steal the stolen girls likely as soon as I’m finished with Kusukabe. You won’t let me relish in the sweet taste of victory will you Silver S****er🤬 (that one is from Mao, not me)!

…Lastly, as for all last gifts I’ve received on this map. Alstroemeria has one attack- Close Combat Claw, with 4000 power with 1-5 post-movement range, Combo, and barrier-ignoring that costs 10 EN, and has a Gravity Wave Antenna, it's okay. The Nadesico C- 650 max EN and the Phase Transition Cannon is back. -But still no Missiles and the single-target Gravity Blast its cheapest attack costs 50 EN, with a mere EN Regen S, this can’t take sustain prolonged enemy phase combat. Akatsuki’s Aestivalis II …a Rapid Rifle of 1-5 range and 20 Ammo, but a hideous 2900 power, that’s it for weapons. Awful.

As I’ve come to expect from SRW, almost all the best stuff is guaranteed. Secrets are mostly novelties or only slight boosts over what’s already good. A few exceptions exist- Betterman Cataphract in 30 and the Huckebein 008L (Ryusei route only, Kyosuke’s will give you Grungust Unit 2 if you don’t get the 008L) in OG1, for example. I’m fine with this.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This episode of Super Robot Wars W takes place on December 30th and 31th, 100 ASC (Alliance Space Calendar). However, it feels more like Christmas, as I will later get to.

You know, considering they kept the Endless Waltz finale to still happen on Christmas, and of course, the Bloody Valentine, I wonder if they have done the same for other events.

But first (actually second, this comes after showing me Neue Warter) on Dec 30th, the Martian Successors are shown preparing for their Plan Kou. When they with full Boson Jump control, shall militarily storm the UN Assembly and conquer the Earth. Once they do, the Jovians now living on Earth are bound to rebel as well. It’ll be exactly 100 years since the Jovians were exiled once New Year’s arrives, a new world order shall be born, the crime of the last century undone! Tessa, Lacus, and Kaname are shown again, and Teletha retains her hope.

Gonna guess it does match the date for this too, then.

On that subject, I don't remember any anniversary or the date being mentioned in V. Well, I didn't played through the Prince of Darkness finale there, but I did for T, and no mention there either.

Meanwhile, the heroes are planning for their counterattack on the Martian Successors. The Nadesico B can perform Field Jumps, and will surround the other Neue Warter battleships to bring them along to Mars. It’ll be risky though, since they don’t have any A-Class Jumpers. And once there, the Successors have turned the Martian ruins into a full-on fortress, having destroyed an earlier Alliance fleet sent to attack it.

Oh, not even "character from a different series who is also from Mars"? Is there even any? V had Banjo, naturally, and T actually mentions Wendy being a possible Class-A Jumper. Since, you know, GunxSword got transplanted to Mars for T and 30. Did they for K too? Now I'm curious.

The Power Cylinder parts for the Gundam Astray Red Frame Jean gave Lowe after Gina’s defeat. Lowe names it “Powered Red”.

• These allow the Red Frame to use the 150M Gerbera Straight without the Power Loader. It doesn’t make it any stronger, but Powered Red doesn’t take a Mobility hit in exchange for more HP, Armor, becoming L-sized, and having a throwable non-MAP 150M attack like the Power Loader does.

What, it doesn't make it three times faster? XD

• Prayer Reverie gets some parts found in the Eternal added to his Dreadnought. A DRAGOON module (Disconnected Rapid Armament Group Overlook Operation Network).
    • The quantum communication system the DRAGOON uses is apparently the same as in Gunbarrels, which only certain pilots are talented enough to use.
      • …One such pilot is Mu. And, Creuset’s Providence Gundam uses DRAGOON IIRC. …Not a clone of George Glenn, but a “sibling” to those two blondes?😮
    • 4300 3-8 50 EN, with a MAP variant, the DRAGOON System is just slightly weaker than what Gai got. Curious to know which has the better MAP.

I'm still more of a Funnel guy. Ikke, Fanneru!

That said, some games do give the Nu Gundam a MAP Funnel attack. Sometimes as a FUB to the regular Funnels, sometimes it's given to you outright. Don't remember if they are a thing in AP and GC and thus you already saw them, I'll admit.

• Two episodes ago, this unit joined as the Dreadnought (GuAIZ Head). Last chapter, it became the Dreadnought Gundam. Now, it’s the X Astray.😆

Clearly it can't make up its mind, heh.

• Sosuke…

Bonta-kun-Obtained.png

The “…” says everything.🤣 Bonta-kun is Fumoffu/10.

XD lol

Ah, can't say not Bonta-kun.

As I said, Christmas.🎄 All those secret requirements from eons ago are finally paying me back.😄

Santa sure be busy that year. XD

What do you think of Santa using a mech? With robo reindeer! Surely that would better explain how he could deliver gifts in just one night, hahaha.

Mariemaia-Back.png

Mariemaia! She admits she was wrong before, and invokes the name of her beloved father to continue where Relena left off on persuading the Successors.

I'll admit, I was surprised to see her show up when I first saw this. I think this is the only SRW that has her show up again after the Endless Waltz finale is over.

(minus Izumi having black instead of blue hair).

Unlike Ryoko, I think the blue hair was just stylized black, and not dyed. At least, there's no mention of it when I looked up.

Also, something I noticed, but the Nadesico wiki uses largely the SRW portraits (from V and maybe T) in their gallery sections. That's... a bit amusing, actually. 

I really liked all of this schmaltzy silly stuff!😊 Schiaparelli Project played during the entire UN surprise. A tune from TV Nadesico, an aural infusion of the craziness I sense exists in the show, which I find mostly delightful when diluted and placed in SRW. …If there’s no mountain without a valley, no great joy without great sorrow, does this mean Yurika is going to die and never come back next fight?

Okay, some facts about Prince of Darkness here. Since W (and R as well, for that matter) uses both the TV series and PoD, then it allows for lots of unique stuff that other SRW games don't do. You've seen some like Gai and Tsukumo getting to be present for it, but also...

The likes of Hikaru, Izumi, and Akatsuki aren't playable when Prince of Darkness is alone. The first two get relegated to the Buttercup Formation which is now a standard attack for Ryoko (at least that's how it is in V and T). Akatsuki remains an NPC (he's not even a Supporter in T, that slot is taken by Prospector and Inez). Likewise Genichiro is only playable here and R best I know, and then in R it's only in the future segment before the OGs get sent to the past, so no joining in the "present".

Wait, now I have to check...

Okay, looks like in MX Hikaru and Izumi are also playable, despite using Prince of Darkness. In light of that... it's just in VTX where they aren't payable, then. Huh, interesting...

(A Full Metal Panic! villain cooperating with extraterrestrial AIs wasn’t something I thought possible. FMP is Real and kinda grounded despite the Whispered? The Banpresto Original here has a scope well beyond that.) Amalgam has been helping the Recorders with their recording of the Solar System. Though they don’t think they’ll ever meet again.

Well, Leonard works with Cross Ange's Embryo in V, who is also not exactly a normal guy. I guess Leonard just has a knack for it, then? I don't know if Leonard also works with someone in Z3, which is the only other time that FMP shows up with The Second Raid and beyond. But perhaps it also happens there something similar.

Leonard calls himself a Recorder of the Solar System when Inference remarks on the reams of Whispered knowledge stored within him. Which results in Inference saying the above line. Now, I get the archaeologist/historian joke “I’d like you better if you were dead”, but this isn’t that. I agree with what I read in a magazine recently- the study of history, like Buddhism, is a way of dealing with the inevitability of change, and death is a form of change. That doesn’t mean historians should hasten the eternal end however! Get your wires uncrossed Minty Blue Boy!

And that's why otherwise the Database wouldn't be the bad guys, I guess.

*Ahem* Leonard says there are two other Whispered who should be gathered first, before that deletion happens. He asks Inference to give observe what he does next. Leonard asks for a trip back to Earth, with a quick detour to Mars first. Way to be a killjoy! You’re going to steal the stolen girls likely as soon as I’m finished with Kusukabe. You won’t let me relish in the sweet taste of victory will you Silver S****er🤬 (that one is from Mao, not me)!

Sorry, Interdimensional, but the Whispered are in another planet!

…Lastly, as for all last gifts I’ve received on this map. Alstroemeria has one attack- Close Combat Claw, with 4000 power with 1-5 post-movement range, Combo, and barrier-ignoring that costs 10 EN, and has a Gravity Wave Antenna, it's okay. The Nadesico C- 650 max EN and the Phase Transition Cannon is back. -But still no Missiles and the single-target Gravity Blast its cheapest attack costs 50 EN, with a mere EN Regen S, this can’t take sustain prolonged enemy phase combat. Akatsuki’s Aestivalis II …a Rapid Rifle of 1-5 range and 20 Ammo, but a hideous 2900 power, that’s it for weapons. Awful.

I'm reminded how in V you can have the Gravity Blast end up costing a mere 7 EN. It's a steal, for sure!

As I’ve come to expect from SRW, almost all the best stuff is guaranteed. Secrets are mostly novelties or only slight boosts over what’s already good. A few exceptions exist- Betterman Cataphract in 30 and the Huckebein 008L (Ryusei route only, Kyosuke’s will give you Grungust Unit 2 if you don’t get the 008L) in OG1, for example. I’m fine with this.

Yeah, will admit I don't tend to use secret units much either. Mostly since I tend to stick to using the main characters, who of course they and their best units aren't a secret to get. Exceptions like Great Zeorymer and Heero in Shin AND FF aside, of course.

But of course, the main draw of recruiting characters and sometimes units is for the story. To see the characters there and see how they interact with the story. That's the real value to them I would say, heh.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Thoughts on this?

Kaguya is cool xD

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

They didn't need to be that brutal

Honestly? I think they needed to. There was much dooming around our national team, and even i was not that hopeful.

And than they gave us alooooooooooot of hope yesterday

Keyboard Wolf is the underrated member of the band.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well I tried making progress by finally booking a therapist last month. ...And then immediately cancelled after the second session, I didn't like it. Maybe I don't actually need one after yearning for one for so long, as I know well what I need to do to end the keeping-me-awake-at-night drift. Or, maybe what I need is somebody different. I'm directionless now.

Yeah, the direction setting has been a bit better on my end, but is there some avenue for you to go down at the minute?

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Last time was, what, January-

Forgot he left Teehee in 2023, see current pfp

Well, I'd said a decent chunk of gaming stuff either in status or the linked ironmans (Maybe a general Engage musing has to be added), so I don't have to repeat myself that far back at least.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.
    • A highly regarded game that, somehow, probably my fault, did not click with me at all, I am sad to say.🙁
  • GrimGrimoire: OnceMore edition by the same developer as 13S (Vanillaware).
    • Short, an appetizer in the world of gaming. While I stuck to easy difficulty, it was delightful little snack.

Picked up 13 Sentinels there at 75% off, only tried GrimGrimore's demo and was getting worried on higher difficulties.

Speaking of Vanillaware, Unicorn Overlord has sold itself to me on the demo (I barely cleared the main story and side quests in the 7 hours, I was rushing for the final boss and barely lived)

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Welcome back, I was wondering when you would get out of that Emblem Ring.

Considering how Engage ended, for the best I did.

Wait, Dayni had left since that long ago!?

I'm that surprised too.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Life's been certainly going the last while, I said what I could earlier but busy is the best way to put it.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

For me, big thing is that i'm fully committing to digital art now.

image.png?ex=666e6447&is=666d12c7&hm=753

this is what i'm doing currently.

Any particular style influences you going for?

Meanwhile, I've some miniatures to paint (probably badly), the rain today is certainly as much a motive as anything.

Just now, Codename Shrimp said:

Honestly? I think they needed to. There was much dooming around our national team, and even i was not that hopeful.

And than they gave us alooooooooooot of hope yesterday

It wasn't 7-1 though.

Just now, Codename Shrimp said:

Kaguya is cool xD

Kagaya: Love is Mind Control /s

5 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The more things change, eh Wratih?