Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It would be literal equality if Zelda played exactly the same as Link. And what's wrong with that? -So the argument would go.

Hmm, I'd say, if someone were to say that, my counter-argument would be:

"What message is that, to say the girl has no worth beyond just being a clone of the boy? She can't have worth of her own? She's not allowed to stand on her own? To have her merit be her own? Must it always be what the boy dictates it to be? Is having equality the same as having justice?"

Personally, I subscribe more to having equity over equality. Two different things on equal level, than having two things be the exact same by forcing one to become the other.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, I'd say, if someone were to say that, my counter-argument would be:

"What message is that, to say the girl has no worth beyond just being a clone of the boy? She can't have worth of her own? She's not allowed to stand on her own? To have her merit be her own? Must it always be what the boy dictates it to be? Is having equality the same as having justice?"

Personally, I subscribe more to having equity over equality. Two different things on equal level, than having two things be the exact same by forcing one to become the other.

So you're the one who got us Princess Peach: Showtime!? Because this sounds like it could apply just as much to that. ...Which makes me realize we've gotten distinctive games dedicated to Nintendo two biggest iconic damsels in the same year. Curious.

Good counter-argument.😀 I totally see your point.

I've always liked The Legend of Zelda conceptually so I'm glad it's finally getting its own game after so long as opposed to all those tech demos about some green twink we've gotten over the years.

So many of us are clowns. I felt I needed to reflect that.

Also, and I needed to say this somewhere, we're finally Byrned out :).

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The original game's premise from what I'm aware of it sounds like it could be up your alley. Orphaned girl who can see ghosts that is ostracized by society.

However! I've never played Phantom Brave, because I know NIS games can be very intentionally grindy. The original PB was a 2004 PS2 game though, so maybe NIS will have ditched some of the grind in the two decades since then? IDK.

Ah, so Disgaia is a fair comparison? Probably don't touch the higher difficulties so.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I get them not wanting to make Zelda "Link, but female" they have Linkle for that. Which might be what demanding-yet-uncreative fans want?

I mean, there are ways to differentiate the gameplay: magic focus within the combat and puzzles as opposed to current methods for Link or go the Shiekah route (and at that point fuck it Impa title). There'd likely be a bow regardless, just a feeling.

This game is coming first though, let's see how it does.

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fair enough, I don't disagree, but I do think something in that more actiony 3D space could happen.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I've always liked The Legend of Zelda conceptually so I'm glad it's finally getting its own game after so long as opposed to all those tech demos about some green twink we've gotten over the years.

Shit that's good.

It took 20 main line demos, they really were looking to figure it all out.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

There'd likely be a bow regardless, just a feeling.

If FE has taught me anything, is that you can just magic arrows without one.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fair enough, I don't disagree, but I do think something in that more actiony 3D space could happen.

Oh, for sure. I doubt they'd get rid of it completely.

Immature-Indeed.png

Even more immature than I thought. She shows a lack of understanding of the feeling of "love" during the subsequent battle too.

Scenario 50 Fight the Radam Route completed.

Spoiler

This split is pure Tekkaman Blade, basically nothing else. There was one mention Tomoru talking to Dr. Kanzaki, turns out the constant molecular breakdown & re-formation from becoming Orgun isn't good on Tomoru's health, and that the two are actually somehow related to Detonators Orgun and Leave respectively. (Also, Soldato J has no idea what the J in his name means.) While on Earth for one last moment, D-Boy takes Aki and Yumi to his now-abandoned house, where Feng Li/Sword reminiscing, though she does not intend to fight Blade here. Aki questions Blade's decision to come here, given the emotional toll it puts on him, which culminates in him digging up a time capsule containing Shinya's loving voice from years ago.

Off to battle approaching the Moon, Tekkaman Sword is the one in charge here. Akurasu says that to get Rapier, I have to defeat Evil in five turns ...but Evil isn't here. Owing to her forward position, you could quite possibly one-turn Sword with Daunt+Spirit+Accel+Assail+Zeal+Enable+Strike+Valor using Valzacard, she has less than 40k HP. I took Sword down on the third turn, which resulted in a shift of battlefield for a 1 vs. 1 between the Tekka Twins set to the sound Masquerade. The turn counter reseted at this time, so I presumed the five-turn limit meant from the start of the duel, not the Sword map. So, I reloaded to slaughter more Radam.

Backing up, besides Sword is the fully array of Radam Beasts, plus the Alien Tekkamen, including at least one Alien Tekkamen design and a Radam "ship". All the aliens are kinda dodgy, and WILL use their MAPs if they won't harm their allies. Still, since I can spend all my SP here, I clear the battlefield of all enemies in four turns. Sword does cast Guts below half HP once (and she casts Vigor-Focus-Alert on the enemy phase), which triggers more Radam, a few of which are shot down by Barnard the Tekkaman Blade NPC. The Earth Alliance gave him orders to attack the PLANTs, he didn't feel like it and instead decided to help them. D-Boy can't remember who Barnard is, owing to his memory loss worsening, which Barnard already learned of. When Sword is defeated, she lunges after Aki, jealous that D-Boy loves her, while Kengo ever since he became Omega, has never shown her affection. Sword intends to take Aki with her to the afterlife but Bal -Barnard shows up in a MP Sol Tekkaman suit and pulls Sword away, he dies, allowing Balzac to avoid his Blade canon death and remain playable. When Pegas plays the tune Danny Boy on Barnard's death, only then does D-Boy realize what has happened.

Evil then shows up as Blade cries over Barnard mocking him for his weakness, and Blade chases after him to an abandoned moon colony. Aki gives pursuit on Ruri's orders while everyone else stays behind to clear out the Radam. The final confrontation between Takaya and Shinya is packed with them exchanging words. Aki shows after Evil takes enough damage or time passes, but agrees to simply observe. When Aki gets there, both Blade and Evil go Blaster, with HP & SP restorations. To win in five turns, it REALLY helps to give Blade Hit-boosting parts, as once Potential kicks in, hitting Evil with Voltekka Crash Intrude with Focus sans Hit-parts can have accuracy in the 40s, as Pegas is D-Boy's source of Strike and the robot isn't here. If possible, trigger Aki's appearance/Blasterization after casting Zeal but on the first action, to get the extra hit on Blaster Evil. Use Valor or Soul too, not sure which is better here. Some mid-battle save-rigging could be necessary, I did. But, last-minute Rapier should hopefully be worth it.

With Shinya's defeat, a CG of Blade holding Shinya's dying body appears, and the Radam that controlled Evil leaves him. More Radam show up after a final conversation between the two, and Evil chooses to fend them off with his dying breath while Blade goes after Omega. Filled with rage, Tekkaman Blade abandons his two human names and a worried Aki gives pursuit. So this ends.

Again, pure Tekkaman Blade. Killing both Sword and Evil before Omega, not in the same battle as in J, means the big brother will have to be able to able to support the concluding drama alone. I don't see a single name highlighted red for mandatory deployment in the next fight (Blade & Aki have temporarily left the roster) other than the obligatory battleship, so no surprise Evoluted appearance or what have you.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ah, so Disgaia is a fair comparison? Probably don't touch the higher difficulties so.

I know -not sure if it was the base game or an updated rerelease bonus- that Disgaea 1 characters are playable in Phantom Brave. For no reason other than having NIS bonus characters (which NIS loves to do), and I think the superboss is a Disgaea baddie too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Even more immature than I thought. She shows a lack of understanding of the feeling of "love" during the subsequent battle too. 10000 years old, and she understands things no better than a child.

Geez, at this point I feel Blessfield had it against Kazuma.

(Also, Soldato J has no idea what the J in his name means.)

Probably Jay. XD

Again, pure Tekkaman Blade. Killing both Sword and Evil before Omega, not in the same battle as in J, means the big brother will have to be able to able to support the concluding drama alone. I don't see a single name highlighted red for mandatory deployment in the next fight (Blade & Aki have temporarily left the roster) other than the obligatory battleship, so no surprise Evoluted appearance or what have you.

Well, one never knows...

Mario RPG fans have had a feast of a year after famines of various lengths.

In the span of a year, Super Mario RPG and Thousand Year Door both got great visual remakes and now Mario and Luigi gets a whole new game. Just, fascinating to see the M&L fans on an absolute hope high at the minute, seeing as it seemed somehow impossible. Like could be said for the last two, hehe.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know -not sure if it was the base game or an updated rerelease bonus- that Disgaea 1 characters are playable in Phantom Brave. For no reason other than having NIS bonus characters (which NIS loves to do), and I think the superboss is a Disgaea baddie too.

NIS's featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, for sure. I doubt they'd get rid of it completely.

Looking at EoW, it feels like we're going to see some real messing with the echoes and the game world when players get to play early on.

GQX2naKXcAApUY9?format=jpg&name=medium

Can't wait.

Anyways my thoughts on the direct

• Mario & Luigi cool
  • MIO is the sleeper hit
  • Echoes of Wisdom is peak
  • Depending on when it comes out, i'd have graduated college when Metroid Prime 4 comes out. I was about to be a senior in highschool when it was announced. I do hope they allow for pointer controls tho.
6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Interesting to hear that that's a full on criticism.

Yeah the thing with six-parters is that sometimes things didn't happen until like Part 3.

For what it's worth, the one and only 10-parter, The War Games, which is the final 2nd Doctor story, is actually very well paced.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Farmagia.

Me and my buddy joked that it looked like Fairy Tail only to see Hiro Mashima pop up on screen.

Bro's cracked the code, he makes one character design and it brings him money.

Seems more puzzle-oriented than combat, which befits the living paragon of Wisdom, but for some might be another sign "Zelda isn't getting the full-fledged not-spinoff game she deserves". Although again, for me it's fine.

I think it's taking cues from TotK. It's simply continuing the philosophy of those games, but in a 2D format.

BTW, the "Metroids" in the Metroid Prime 4 trailer I could tell weren't Metroids. Single nuclei they looked to me, which means they're Mochtroids, the much-inferior, fake Metroids the Space Pirates artificially created that you could find a few of in Super Metroid.

Looks like it's following up the plotline from Federation Force.

Makes me wonder if Beyond will take place after Super.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Once again, the remake eludes us. It's wild that it could be fake despite being part of the Engage leak, but one has to wonder.

Honestly at this point, i think the guy just saw Engage Sigurd and confused it for remake Sigurd.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

The Legend of Link.

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Just, fascinating to see the M&L fans on an absolute hope high at the minute, seeing as it seemed somehow impossible. Like could be said for the last two, hehe.

If M&L can get a new game after the closure of AlphaDream, Gravity Rush can get a new game also.

Edited by Armagon

It's a shame that chapter 19 doesn't play this track anymore.

The replacement isn't bad or anything, but if nothing else I just don't see the point. That one was basically perfect for that map.

Screw it, we rank:

Spoiler

Actually neat, yes: LoZ: Echoes of Wisdom

Well this is a cross-gen game: MP4

Curious, will probably wait to see how this turns out on release: Fantasian, Counting the NSO stuff because online multiplayer (LttP + 4 Swords GBA port/Metroid Zero Mission, Turok/Perfect Dark)

Pleasant surprise, just not for moi: M&L: Brothership, Ace Attorney Investigations

Some little nuggets of content: Nintendo Switch Sports Basketball, Among Us Role Update, Disney Illusion Island

We're releasing this now?: SMP Jamboree, DKC Returns HD

We're releasing this here?: Lego Horizon Adventures

Known quantities, given more details: Dragon Quest HD2D 1-3, NWC: NES Edition, Luigi's Mansion II

The area I couldn't sort anything into, just not interested anyway: Metal Slug Attack Reloaded, Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero, Darkest Dungeon II, The New Denpa Men, Fairy Tail, The Hundred Line, Last Defence Academy, Hello Kitty, MvC collection, Mio Memories in Orbit

Death, Taxes and Just Dance annual release

Gonna be real, I don't fuck with the combat style after the new SaGa game demo disappointed me: Romancing SaGa 2 Remake

Your developers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should: Stray

Farm Sim Prison: Farmagia, Tales of the Shire

No.: Funko Fusion

There's something like a dozen games that got short trailers on the JP direct

And here we thought the Switch had no games.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GQX2naKXcAApUY9?format=jpg&name=medium

Can't wait.

How did you get the leak from Sakurai's docs for the next Smash?

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly at this point, i think the guy just saw Engage Sigurd and confused it for remake Sigurd.

No. Don't make me seethe

But fair enough, Engage at least had leaked material. Why not Genealogy? On the other hand, the idea that the leaker saw only Emblem Sigurd and didn't connect it to Engage seems a very foolhardy thing to mistake and double down on without it coming out.

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

a3v9ci6wvd7d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=13333b8d3

I am Tri.

Geez, at this point I feel Blessfield had it against Kazuma.

More like Applicant never wanted to have "The Talk" with Aria, Regulate said it wasn't part of her duties, Recorder was too busy recording and said "buzz off!" once he became Inference, and Critic stayed silent.

...Not like the Recorders of Knowledge are "normal" people. But ya'd have thought that somewhere along the way they would've recorded some love stories and child-intended reproductive texts to show the girl.

Well, one never knows...

The Evoluted tossed in were window dressing. -Though having an uncontrollable GENESIS destroy the Radam ship at the end was a good cross-license touch!😄

D-Boy becoming mind-broken beyond repair (barring the miracle of love & friendship) was refreshing, during which Omega said the phrase "Eternal Loneliness" to clarify that. Fighting outside the Radam ship instead of inside as in J was pleasantly different too. A 4-turn battle was an interesting choice for a license finale, I did it in two with Valzabuse ...though only after reseting once because I triggered the reinforcements on the enemy phase, shortening the time limit to 3 turns.😅 Getting his mind restored (triggered by fighting Omega twice) also gives Blade a full EN & SP regeneration, so I smacked Omega with a turn 1 enemy phase Blaster Voltekka and then one on the player phase + Soul & Zeal, taking off about 20k of his over 90k HP.

Blade dying at the end, well they said Kira died fighting Creuset at the said time. So they'll meet at the pearly gates and Kira will ask His Father to let them both go back down.😇

Overall, Tekkaman Blade's second and last appearance in SRW was good.😀 Adding in Blade II made the roster more fun and assured plenty of Blade plot throughout the entire game. Being the second time around, things felt a little less stiff in D-Boy's development, and more personal too for what's already a very personal storyline. Blade II being included made Aki better, more than a love interest in a fighter, her being the leader of the Armed Tekkamen made her as fierce as D-Boy. Additional focus on the Blaster dementia was poignant. I wouldn't mind if Banpresto was somehow able to bring it back in.

...Think this is our next new SRW copium?:

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/06/bandai-namco-summer-showcase-set-for-july-5-at-anime-expo-2024

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

NIS's featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series?

There isn't a Disgaea where, be it DLC or ingame-usually-postgame, Nippon Ichi Software doesn't include characters from prior Disgaeas or their other games like Makai Wars and Rhapsody. That much I know.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Me and my buddy joked that it looked like Fairy Tail only to see Hiro Mashima pop up on screen.

Bro's cracked the code, he makes one character design and it brings him money.

Toriyama (RIP) was infamous for his sameface issues. And within this very Direct I had a hunch right away that that The Last Defense Academy had the Danganronpa artist behind it. That's how some artists are.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

MIO is the sleeper hit

Is that because the robot you play as looks like a baby EMMI?

But that would require acknowledging Federation Force exists. That might be a bridge too far for the playerbase.😛

I wouldn't mind that. Sticking the entirety of the Phazon Trilogy (as I personally henceforth name it) and Hunters between Return and Super is enough condensing.

Didn't think Nintendo would celebrate the 30th anniversary of Wand of Gamelon by developing a 3rd game for the Zelda series, but here we are.

Miles Edgeworth gives his condolences to Jugdral fans

284.jpg

(Unrelated to Edgeworth appearing in the direct)

The Direct was good, Mario & Luigi has risen from the ashes and I can't believe Zelda Scribblenauts is real. Funny how Metroid Prime 4 finally got a trailer when I was talking about the first game with someone yesterday.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I get them not wanting to make Zelda "Link, but female" they have Linkle for that. Which might be what demanding-yet-uncreative fans want?

Linkle is more "a girl who resembles Link" rather than "female Link" If you're going to have a non-Link protagonist for once, then you might as well give them a different skillset.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Once again, the remake eludes us. It's wild that it could be fake despite being part of the Engage leak, but one has to wonder.

I thought it was just some random person piggybacking off the Engage images? Or maybe I'm wrong and Engage is the best Gust-made FE ever.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You either die Debeste, or live long enough to see yourself become Eustace Winner.

I look forward to seeing his dad, Bern Winner.

I think Verity Gavèlle is an improvement though, Justine Courtney always felt on-the-nose even by AA standards.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I assumed Prime 4 would take place before Metroid 2 like the rest of the Prime games, but now I'm wondering... Still, I think Mochtroids are similar enough to Metroids that them still existing would be a big deal, even if they are bootlegs. Or Sylux traveled to the Kid Icarus universe and got Komaytos.

They resisted the temptation to revive Ridley again in Dread, but will he come back in this game? Or maybe Meta Kraid will no longer be cut content.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Linkle is more "a girl who resembles Link" rather than "female Link"

Good luck telling her that.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I assumed Prime 4 would take place before Metroid 2 like the rest of the Prime games, but now I'm wondering... Still, I think Mochtroids are similar enough to Metroids that them still existing would be a big deal, even if they are bootlegs.

The Mochtroids were very pathetic damage dealers IIRC in Super, and didn't require the Ice Beam + Missile combo either. Neither did Tallon Metroids need ice, but that's another strange story.

Metroids are canonically an artificial species let us not forget, the Chozos' anti-X Parasite weapon. (...If memory serves.😅 ) Yes the Chozo were really smart, but if you try enough, eventually you ought to be able to create something close enough to a real Chozodian Metroid.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

More like Applicant never wanted to have "The Talk" with Aria, Regulate said it wasn't part of her duties, Recorder was too busy recording and said "buzz off!" once he became Inference, and Critic stayed silent.

...Not like the Recorders of Knowledge are "normal" people. But ya'd have thought that somewhere along the way they would've recorded some love stories and child-intended reproductive texts to show the girl.

Yeah, I suppose, heh. Just because you have the knowledge, doesn't mean you'll use it...

Overall, Tekkaman Blade's second and last appearance in SRW was good.😀 Adding in Blade II made the roster more fun and assured plenty of Blade plot throughout the entire game. Being the second time around, things felt a little less stiff in D-Boy's development, and more personal too for what's already a very personal storyline. Blade II being included made Aki better, more than a love interest in a fighter, her being the leader of the Armed Tekkamen made her as fierce as D-Boy. Additional focus on the Blaster dementia was poignant. I wouldn't mind if Banpresto was somehow able to bring it back in.

Hopefully. Though I wonder if they might use Tekkaman II right out of the gate next, instead of incorporating both parts.

You know it!

I'll have to point out that before we got 30's announcement, some mecha series in... Crunchyroll, was it? They gained the Bandai logo... or was it the SRW logo? Either way... we might not get a repeat of that, since the logo was for the anniversary. Though who knows...

Toriyama (RIP) was infamous for his sameface issues. And within this very Direct I had a hunch right away that that The Last Defense Academy had the Danganronpa artist behind it. That's how some artists are.

No man, i mean Mashima literally draws the same characters

Fairy-tail-featured-image-Cropped-1.jpg

edens-zero-header.png

These are two separate IPs.

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I assumed Prime 4 would take place before Metroid 2 like the rest of the Prime games,

I hope not cause that part of the timeline is too packed.