Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

On 6/23/2024 at 7:17 PM, Codename Shrimp said:

>Spain and Portugal in the same bracket

maybe we should've lost

Teams that want to be champions don't choose opponents, they win

10 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Croatia and Albania please kick out Italy today. You can do it!

gudako-anime.gif

Ain't no way you tought this could happen

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

da8fcvvs3l8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=bb1e66f40

England has to win by a 4 goal difference (and Czech has to lose) for Croatia to advance

Not happening loooooooooooooooooooooooool

Hungary bros... we won

Kinda

On 6/23/2024 at 8:42 PM, Armagon said:

Wouldn't last an hour in the asylum where they raised me

Part of growing up is realizing that "rule of cool" is incredibly based actually.

lv9hda3k2gla1.jpg

ain't no way you tryin' to use Dragon Ball against me, the biggest DB fan in this thread

As Shrimpy said, what makes or breaks it is good writing - there's nothing worse than when something is unearned. "Nuanced character writing vs rule of cool" is a false dichotomy, as there is nothing that prevents one thing from coexisting with the other. In fact, "rule of cool" moments are enhanced by good writing. Let's use Fairy Tail itself as an example, in the best arc Oracion Seis, Natsu going Dragon Force against Zero is a cool moment accompanied by good writing, which is why it's good. The reason it's good writing is that we finally see Natsu and Jellal bury the hatchet and Natsu forgives him, which is deserved after the development Jellal received during the arc.

Jellal-giving-Natsu-the-Flame-of-Rebuke-

Conversely, the final fight against Acnologia sucks ass because there's nothing interesting going on about it, it's just Natsu giving another "muh nakama" speech preceding an aspull and one-shotting the enemy that was wiping the floor with them 5 pages ago.

13.jpg

Anyway, here's this video explaining why the Super Saiyan is so great

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

I know this is for SSJ3, but doesn't that still get criticised as a bit of an asspull and not actually all that helpful?

SSJ3 is not hated, its quite beloved in fact. People just think its wasted potential. The reason SSJ3 (besides being cool af) is not hated is exactly because its not really that helpful, so it's never considered egregious deus ex machina

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screen-Shot-2024-06-24-at-8-59-53-PM.png

No idea if Atlus acknowledged it, but today (June 24th) was Persona 2: Innocent Sin's 25th birthday. Since it falls during Pride Month, why shouldn't I post a screenshot of its most innocent yet unequivocally queer flashback?🏳️‍🌈😛

GQo0MoBXYAAc7DP?format=png&name=small

3 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

In fact, "rule of cool" moments are enhanced by good writing.

Godzilla 2014 is one of the most boring movies ever made but this scene is like top five moments in the series

Sometimes things can just be really cool.

3 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Conversely, the final fight against Acnologia sucks ass because there's nothing interesting going on about it, it's just Natsu giving another "muh nakama" speech preceding an aspull and one-shotting the enemy that was wiping the floor with them 5 pages ago.

I actually do agree with you that the final fight and by extension the final arc suck but not necessarily because of asspull moments.

I'm half-minds about "powerful enemy defeated easily" cause on one hand, i get it, but on the other hand, i feel like sometimes people get too caught up in the powerscaling brainrot and not look at any context.

11 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Teams that want to be champions don't choose opponents, they win

To be the best you gotta beat the best, yup!

11 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Ain't no way you tought this could happen

Tbf Croatia almost put them in 3rd place with 3P and -1GD...freaking last second goal by Italy

51 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Saw that yeah. -As much as I have memories of the game though, I don't think I'd get it for old time's sake, despite all the new QoL features they've added.

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

They couldn't have Rean without this guy coming back lol

ae8ccfa7fa1b4d102dce2b3ab5e701b0.png

Shrimp-kun:

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Wraith:

That moment when you go through the Phazon Mines for a second time because you think you can progress with the Grapple Beam and X-Ray Visor, but it turns out you need the Plasma Beam to progress so you have to fight all those Space Pirates on the way out again. Fortunately, there's a shortcut back to the Phazon Mines after getting the Plasma Beam, so I didn't have to go through a third time.

(Technically it was 2.5 times, since I got a game over on my first trip and had to restart.)

Anyway, Marvel is reprinting its Godzilla comic from way back when, and to commemorate the occasion they're making Godzilla variant covers for their other comics.

venom2021037_wachter_godzilla.jpg

I never thought I'd see an official Venom Godzilla. This makes for the third comic publisher Godzilla has recently collaborated with.

On 6/24/2024 at 9:34 AM, Armagon said:

Rebels S2 finale is like one of the two only good parts.

What's the other good part? All I know is that Ahsoka was around for the entire Star Wars series but somehow still never appeared in any of the movies.

23 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Anyway, here's this video explaining why the Super Saiyan is so great

And to think, Toriyama came up with it because he wanted a break from inking in Goku's hair all the time.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GQwliEobIAA80_S?format=jpg&name=large

I wonder if having an evil god hanging around the TARDIS for most of the series messed with its internet connection. It's pretty impressive how Sutekh's voice actor came back after 49 years.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

That moment when you go through the Phazon Mines for a second time because you think you can progress with the Grapple Beam and X-Ray Visor, but it turns out you need the Plasma Beam to progress so you have to fight all those Space Pirates on the way out again. Fortunately, there's a shortcut back to the Phazon Mines after getting the Plasma Beam, so I didn't have to go through a third time.

My favorite part of Metroid Prime is when you get the Ice Beam and the closest ice beam door from where you get it leads to a dead end.

venom2021037_wachter_godzilla.jpg

I never thought I'd see an official Venom Godzilla.

Ghidorah counting his days.

I wonder if having an evil god hanging around the TARDIS for most of the series messed with its internet connection. It's pretty impressive how Sutekh's voice actor came back after 49 years.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Say what.

CDN media

Funnily enough, the first Magnus Von Grapple is apparently just Robo X. Somehow the mark II is the only worthy to be a Mazin. lol

Well that's a localization.😛 While it does have rocket fists, it's a shame the "2" can't fire a chest beam.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well that's a localization.😛 While it does have rocket fists, it's a shame the "2" can't fire a chest beam.

Seems it traded the beam for... the audience. XD Since they do get fired from the chest.