Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The CEO 2024 haul

So you've been at a gaming event? Nice!😄

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GRZ3dijWoAAkYPe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

...The inclusion of the last of these leaves me wonder- did you get these custom-made?🤔 Or is Hsien-Ko simply enough of a Darkstalkers fan-favorite that someone at a fighting game tournament would make one anyhow?

Either way, nice aesthetic!😎

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GRZ3djTW8AAwLGE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Can't go wrong with Karby.😆

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Takahashi finding the Fountain of Youth to make Xenoblade 11020.

Or, those anti-aging nanomachines in XG aren't intended to stay science-fiction.😛

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or is Hsien-Ko simply enough of a Darkstalkers fan-favorite that someone at a fighting game tournament would make one anyhow?

It's this. Of course, you can find nicher stuff at conventions but Hsien-Ko is pretty popular. It's just that Morrigan hogs all the spotlight.

Didn't think KaiserNeko would end up getting dared by that one writer who made that crappy knockoff of Terry Pratchett's Unseen University from his worldfamous Discworld novels.
Kaiser bringing the recipes definitely made for a satisfying read.

King Kyudorah

22 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's probably to avoid making an asteroid the size of a pebble count as a planet, but the size threshold seems cruel at times.

Oh, by "round" I meant gravitationally rounded. So even if that pebble was perfectly spherical, it wouldn't count unless it was rounded under its own gravity (which is unlikely unless it has the density of a black hole).

And dwarf planets are already "basically planets, but the list would get too big if we included them".

22 hours ago, Dayni said:

The real god of that DLC is Football Manager

Transformed had some good inclusions but overall had a less good roster than Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing with Banjo-Kazooie. It didn't even have the ChuChus or Opa-Opa.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

The CEO 2024 haul

Hsien-Ko is my favorite Xenoblade character. I was in a Mario Kart Double Dash tournament at college once, though I lost in the first round.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Didn't think KaiserNeko would end up getting dared by that one writer who made that crappy knockoff of Terry Pratchett's Unseen University from his worldfamous Discworld novels.

I thought KaiserNeko was arguing with a random Twitter user at first. The book of Revelation probably lists this as a sign of the end times.

Almost booked a new therapist for tomorrow ...but a little snag got in the way.😩 Darned, I'd like to voice myself whilst still in the depths of the doldrums.

I can't say "sorry" because of how much I do this. But I would like to once more thank everyone here for putting up with this depressing garbage. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.🧎‍♂️ The mood I'm in makes me feel like I can't ever say that enough. I know this is incredibly human yet it's also incredibly pathetic.😖

...Just did a dive in this topic back to last year during my September MDD episode. As super-sensitive as I am right now about anything old, there was something temporarily alleviating in that, in rereading all those almost year-old fun posts. So thank y'all for all that old stuff too.🙂

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's this. Of course, you can find nicher stuff at conventions but Hsien-Ko is pretty popular. It's just that Morrigan hogs all the spotlight.

Thanks for the clarification.😀

...Being fortunate enough to have a convention near you must've been great.😀 Although I question if I'd seriously attend one.😅 Yes I've seen video game concerts in the past, but a convention? Introverted nervousness makes me anxious merely thinking about it. Which comes off as weird as I'm tall, male, and now in my thirties. Yet, the nerves makes me internally picture myself as some small kid that I never was, for that fits the stereotypical shy profile better.😆 ...Perhaps I'd be fine at such an event if I had a familiar "anchor" with me, like somebody else from this topic.😛

I know I'm running my mouth about myself. It's a futile way of trying to escape the melancholy.

Posted (edited)

33UPMUN.jpeg

What's with these cultist shorties surrounding us?

YuSqdvP.jpeg

Hi?

QYifzdx.jpeg

Ah

uhBn6rW.jpeg
0q7fJ5l.jpeg

An arrogant loli and her shota harem

b7PMTSo.jpeg

Stop watching and come down, i defeated your shota slaves already

3Io7nZd.jpeg

Her arrogance reminds me of someone

SuDsEIq.jpeg
PhceWty.jpeg

I see, she's Swordsexual. A Fate character!

Rvof5XJ.jpeg
MHQ1D8l.jpeg

>Noble Phantams

Oh she's loli Gilgamesh!

98uKqCi.jpeg
GfAVzYY.jpeg
IDTTYXw.jpeg
g2uQIgb.jpeg

Fighting an endless Treasure of weapons

SLltBId.jpeg

Not even all the Swords in stock will save you now!

e6E7KcJ.jpeg

Why you should always make sure to double tap your enemy. Now's she's gonna Sword rain us and...

EaPn2ZK.jpeg

Enrage a Megazord?

mQEnZD8.jpeg

O:

gpU4k7p.jpeg

Wait, i have to...

2IRvXIC.jpeg

fight that thing?

HUJCt2C.jpeg

THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL JO!

0A6QKwY.jpeg

LET'S GO!

1UQy0O7.jpeg

LAZOR!

rbv2R7z.jpeg

>Overdrive

jfQ63rb.jpeg

OH WELL!

Well, seems like we will have to fight guns with guns!

4qJrNUZ.jpeg

rambo-first-blood.gif

KUsFgCT.jpeg

BREAK!

7bi2cql.jpeg

Climb?

UuWBhCq.jpeg

CLIMB!

buCcWTy.jpeg

AND SLIDE!

p7SdaDA.jpeg

AND JUMP!

R7SHHAd.jpeg

LAST PHASE IS A GO!

wO8xNWg.jpeg
>OVERDRIVE
HPX9IVN.jpeg

Almost there!

DON'T BRING A MECHA

T3ttTPo.jpeg

TO A SWORD & MAGIC FIGHT!

THAT WHOLE SEQUENCE OF FIGHTS WAS SO FUCKING COOL JO!

That sequence alone worth the 40 bucks. Absolute fucking Cinema.

Edited by Codename Shrimp

9 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Thank you for unintentionally bringing light to my troubled mind.😂

10 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

UuWBhCq.jpeg

CLIMB!

😛

13 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

2IRvXIC.jpeg

fight that thing?

Get in your Skells.

I know it's just desert, but the backdrop reminds me of Oblivia.

15 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Glad to see that.😄

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for unintentionally bringing light to my troubled mind

o7

Sometimes a distraction is the best thing 😄 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Colossus OST

oho!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know it's just desert, but the backdrop reminds me of Oblivia

The areas in this game do remind me of Xenoblade sometimes...and even the area themes do

10 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

o7

Sometimes a distraction is the best thing 😄 

It truly is.🙂 All I crave right now is easy, strong distraction, since I'm too mentally crippled to put effort into things that could be enjoyable. 

I lucked out two days ago. I don't watch any movies, but the two I do have some fondness for -a duo of fairly light flicks that I memorably watched with family years ago- were on TV a total of like four times.😆 That helped, somewhat, for enduring that day.

12 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

oho!

It's the one track I remember from SotC. The game that in historical retrospective, could be a considered an important precursor to the "artsy indie" games that have long since proliferated in gaming. ...I remember it partly because it was the track that played when I left the game selector linger on the SotC icon on my PS3.😆

19 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The areas in this game do remind me of Xenoblade sometimes...and even the area themes do

Not sure if I'm getting that, the choice of instrumentation is too not-Xenoblade to me. Maybe XC3 is different, but the mind malady is frustratingly stopping me from starting that. I'm trying to think of which game it most closely reminds me of, but I feel like I'm drawing a blank. Whatever it, the instruments sound more like typical high fantasy ones than that Xenoblade, leaning more into sci-fi, would use.

-Good music though!😀

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hsien-Ko is my favorite Xenoblade character.

Hsien-Ko is genuinely an 11/10 character design

tumblr_m3sdw8UGQO1rptf33o1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..Being fortunate enough to have a convention near you must've been great.

It was in Daytona. Next year in Orlando tho!

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just saw about the Immunity ruling. Welp.

Saw it this morning as soon as it was announced. I haven't intentionally watched the news in months, but how could I feel any worse? A dose of worldly lamentations can't sting me. Though it's not like I'd be one to bring up the matter here. The world burns more.

This statement feels real to me, outside soccer to some extent as well.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I thought KaiserNeko was arguing with a random Twitter user at first. The book of Revelation probably lists this as a sign of the end times.

In all fairness, Rowling seems to be doing this on her own steam.

She is so convinced about it she's

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Almost booked a new therapist for tomorrow ...but a little snag got in the way.😩 Darned, I'd like to voice myself whilst still in the depths of the doldrums.

Oh that's unfortunate. Did another time come up?

8 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

0q7fJ5l.jpeg

An arrogant loli and her shota harem

Oh good grief someone with 6 +10 Child Marks.

8 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

From fighting child soldiers to SotC.

This is a moment for sure.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just saw about the Immunity ruling. Welp.

This, telling everyone they're sick of experts ala Gove, the legal bribes, who knows what else I missed. Point is, that's a hefty swing in the balance of powers. I wasn't wanting to mention it in Teehee, but the thing I find fascinating is how much they leave official act to interpretation in it. It's on purpose, but still.

Also, sorry for not comiserating the Mexican team's exit from Copa America yesterday.

41 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh that's unfortunate. Did another time come up?

I'll need to call back today, or maybe tomorrow. And I certainly will, since it's 5:34 AM right now (so yes I've spent 16 mins writing this), and the half-hour ago when I woke up had my heart racing first thing yet again.

41 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I wasn't wanting to mention it in Teehee, but the thing I find fascinating is how much they leave official act to interpretation in it. It's on purpose, but still.

Neither did I, given how glummy I've been. Though delving into the news for the first time in months did dig up some interesting articles. Some still bleak- like the gender-political divide among South Korean youths. The vast majority of young SK females support the left, the males the right, and both see gender discrimination as rampant for their own sex. The related result of only 33% of young Koreans have a favorable view of marriage won't help the country's birth rate problem. On the not so bad side, I read that after a decade since the mystery began, scientists have concluded that ~10 painted lady butterflies that ended up in French Guiana in 2013, had crossed from Africa over the Atlantic Ocean in a nonstop 4200km/2600mi flight, unexpected of such tiny, fragile creatures.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The world burns more.

Sorry

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Point is, that's a hefty swing in the balance of powers

France atm:

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Also, sorry for not comiserating the Mexican team's exit from Copa America yesterday.

Well, you came right in time for the US' Ü

I think Pandora's Box opened again.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the not so bad side, I read that after a decade since the mystery began, scientists have concluded that ~10 painted lady butterflies that ended up in French Guiana in 2013, had crossed from Africa over the Atlantic Ocean in a nonstop 4200km/2600mi flight, unexpected of such tiny, fragile creatures.

Butterfly migration I'd heard of, but certainly not on that scale.

Wonder what led to that happening.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

France atm:

Concern is there, but no point in letting that get to me before the runoff at this point.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Well, you came right in time for the US' Ü

Least they got to the quarter finals.

Just replayed Xenosaga EP III again!

The endgame sequence is so amazing, a personal favorite of mine story is very deep all things considered. The Red Testament and E.S Levi battles feel so intense!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Butterfly migration I'd heard of, but certainly not on that scale.

Wonder what led to that happening.

Inb4 they were fleeing.

Posted (edited)

Alright, did my Summer Sale purchases.

My haul being Trails The Third (so I can continue the journey... eventually), Rune Factory 5 (I know it's due to release dates and stuff, but still feels weird I started with 4; I might even play 3 before 5 in that case), and the Kingdom Hearts games (around 20-21 years since I got the original PS2 NA release of the first game... ah, this will be a nostalgic journey when I play them.... again!). I also got Vestaria II, just in case. Still need to finish the first one. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Saw it this morning as soon as it was announced. I haven't intentionally watched the news in months, but how could I feel any worse? A dose of worldly lamentations can't sting me. Though it's not like I'd be one to bring up the matter here. The world burns more.

If Maria what's-her-face wins the Venezuelan elections, really what is stopping me from moving? Even if i technically don't have Venezuelan papers, my parents do, an immigration lawyer should sort it out easily.

This, of course, assumes Maduro doesn't rig it again.

I also have family in Spain so maybe i could pull something. And Spain is one of the few European countries not seeing a rise in alt-right fascism. 

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

This, telling everyone they're sick of experts ala Gove, the legal bribes, who knows what else I missed. Point is, that's a hefty swing in the balance of powers. I wasn't wanting to mention it in Teehee, but the thing I find fascinating is how much they leave official act to interpretation in it. It's on purpose, but still.

There's a storm coming. 

We fought a revolution to break away from a king. Now, we have one inside the gates.

I'm just saying if they want to be fascists so badly, they should look up what typically happens to fascists after a few years.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The vast majority of young SK females support the left, the males the right, and both see gender discrimination as rampant for their own sex. The related result of only 33% of young Koreans have a favorable view of marriage won't help the country's birth rate problem.

Yeah this is why South Korea is going to be hit very hard in the coming decade.

It's the kind of stuff that would make me seriously consider moving out of my hometown as well. Not that moving anywhere else within my country would still be ideal.

Far from God and too close to the United States indeed...

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not that moving anywhere else within my country would still be ideal.

Yucatan statistically is the safest region of Mexico but that's because it's very touristy so YMMV.

Of course, I don't know the state of Mexico's policies right now. Is that new lady who was elected good for the country or...?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yucatan statistically is the safest region of Mexico but that's because it's very touristy so YMMV.

Of course, I don't know the state of Mexico's policies right now. Is that new lady who was elected good for the country or...?

I mean in the sense of anything from the US spilling over.

Besides, I'm desert born and raised. I'd melt in the humid Yucatan. lol