Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Random question @Armagon. I know you've very much enjoyed the two Retro Studios Donkey Kong Country games, but what of the original SNES trio? -I only barely played the second and third in my childhood. Just curious whether you've judged them solid or somewhat-dated or not at all.

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Sorry

😛

Fight fire with fire.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wonder what led to that happening.

The painted lady butterfly species normally migrates from Europe to Africa, the hypothesis is that that after reaching Africa, the winds blew these faaaaaar off course. Being lightweight tiny things, they could remain afloat in a column of air the entire distance over the Atlantic. Albeit very exhausted with some damages to their wings.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

https://www.awkwardzombie.com/comics/1719835170-comic882.png

The Dual-Dye Dog thief would eventually be caught after the war

4 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

No?

The US is out as well.

ehru5mayt0ad1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=37bcf2231

Only Canada got to QF lol

Yeah, shoot, my bad.

Panama has right of conquest over America

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Inb4 they were fleeing.

That kid with the butterfly net didn't realise the consequences of his actions that day.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

There's a storm coming. 

We fought a revolution to break away from a king. Now, we have one inside the gates.

I'm just saying if they want to be fascists so badly, they should look up what typically happens to fascists after a few years.

Never trust you're in the inner group. For some, pretty sure that's the point.

(Speaking of stupid shit, TIL there's a group of people who are originalists about our constitution. Which, just, is so dumb and it's apparent they've taken after that kind of movement in the US probably get money from them too but I digress and chances are it'd be an unpleasant day to find them out and about)

Yeah this is why South Korea is going to be hit very hard in the coming decade.

I'd doubt we'll see this only in South Korea sadly.

GRcO7J7b0AALTNv?format=jpg&name=large

Dems looking at that dog dunking:

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

The painted lady butterfly species normally migrates from Europe to Africa, the hypothesis is that that after reaching Africa, the winds blew these faaaaaar off course. Being lightweight tiny things, they could remain afloat in a column of air the entire distance over the Atlantic. Albeit very exhausted with some damages to their wings.

I figured something in that direction, but yeah, can't have been there to see it.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

he vast majority of young SK females support the left, the males the right

This is not just a Korean thing (even if it's more on the extreme there ofc), but a worldwide thing. There was a worldwide study made a while ago, and even over here it can be observed.

https://www.ft.com/content/29fd9b5c-2f35-41bf-9d4c-994db4e12998

In general, younger generations lean more conservative than we do.

And this is more on anecdotal side, but according to an article i read a few days ago, Women aged ~20 prefer men aged ~30 because they are more liberal than those of the same generation, with many people telling similar stories about what's happening in their social circles, and how that pisses the youngsters off even more. Could also be just our generation going "Kids today smh" tho lol

Kinda sad honestly.

Edited by Codename Shrimp

49 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Does Alear’s evil know no bounds!?!

That's what happens with someone who knows nothing but unconditional worship.

Posted (edited)

Oh boy, Trump's sentencing got delayed till September. Who would've thought.

Anyways @Codename Shrimp (localization) Ys Oath remake got announced.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random question @Armagon. I know you've very much enjoyed the two Retro Studios Donkey Kong Country games, but what of the original SNES trio? -I only barely played the second and third in my childhood. Just curious whether you've judged them solid or somewhat-dated or not at all.

I've legit tried on several occasions but the Retro Studios games may have spoiled me too much because I cannot get into the original trilogy.

But admittedly maybe I haven't given it a fair shot.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Panama has right of conquest over America

Panama wouldn't exist without us.

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

In general, younger generations lean more conservative than we do.

Over here it's the opposite but also younger generations are more likely to just give up.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh boy, Trump's sentencing got delayed till September. Who would've thought.

Everyone. His lawyers were now pulling the "it was an Official Act, applied retroactively" card.

Same for him saying the Fake Electors were also an Official Act. He can admit to do it now that he has an out.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Panama wouldn't exist without us.

And thus would begin the long meddling of the US in Latin America in the 20th century.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And thus would begin the long meddling of the US in Latin America in the 20th century.

The consequences of Teddy Roosevelt running third party. Because a lot of the US intervention shit was thanks to Wilson.

Not that America wouldn't still support their interests but it was Wilson who introduced the whole "world's policemen" ideology that America still holds to this day.

Of course, Panama was founded a decade prior to Wilson.

Edited by Armagon

Posted (edited)

Quarter Final will be Turkey vs. Netherlands vs. Berlin Police

Man what a fucking game that was. Wild. The best Ro16 was Turkey vs. Austria. Wew.

gmk5g7o856ad1.png?auto=webp&s=45d590500c

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

(localization) Ys Oath remake got announced.

yh got leaked a couple days ago

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Over here it's the opposite but also younger generations are more likely to just give up.

And even then younger men in the US are also leaning right more than women, and many younger men there are also conservative.

Sts5zXK.png

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The consequences of Teddy Roosevelt running third party. Because a lot of the US intervention shit was thanks to Wilson.

Not that America wouldn't still support their interests but it was Wilson who introduced the whole "world's policemen" ideology that America still holds to this day.

Of course, Panama was founded a decade prior to Wilson.

Nah, the intent was already there. Monroe Doctrine and all that. They just didn't had the ability to project power that far for most of the 19th century. There's a reason people consider the Spanish-American War as the turning point.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, the intent was already there. Monroe Doctrine and all that. They just didn't had the ability to project power that far for most of the 19th century. There's a reason people consider the Spanish-American War as the turning point.

What if the boats didn't blow up?

Yeah i just think it'd generally be a different kind of intervention. Idk.

Posted (edited)

I've legit tried on several occasions but the Retro Studios games may have spoiled me too much because I cannot get into the original trilogy.

But admittedly maybe I haven't given it a fair shot.

I see.

Watching longplays of them, the first game in particular seems laden with too many secret rooms that seem to cryptically hidden (if one was aiming for 101% completion). The latter ones look to have fixed at least some of the issue via ingame hints. -Although, watching the entirety of these games being played in one sitting might make the formulaic Bonus Rooms every 30 seconds of play feel more excessive than were one to play the games like a normal person would.

I do see the charm in the music and old prerendered aesthetics. ...Which leaves me pondering why modern indie platformers haven't blatantly aped the look?

Whilst I had 2&3, DK64 was my true Donkey Kong experience as a child. Which I know has likely aged the worst, being the game that I've read began to turn popular reception against 3D collectathons, atop the 64 graphics.

(localization) Ys Oath remake got announced.

A game which I bought just a few months ago on Steam.😐 -But a few additions aside (including a more talkative Adol option), it seems like it's the same product. I'm not bothered by it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Posted (edited)

Alright, time to head through the Palace of Shadow. Usually don't play on the weekday, but again, my brother is here.

Okay, reached just before Grodus. Sadly I leveled up right before, but it's fine. I feel that with my badge setup, I don't need the post-battle level-up recovery.

Also, my brother decided to start a plythrough of his own too. He'll have enough time to finish before his vacation is over, I'd bet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I have been in this place before

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

And this is more on anecdotal side, but according to an article i read a few days ago, Women aged ~20 prefer men aged ~30 because they are more liberal than those of the same generation, with many people telling similar stories about what's happening in their social circles, and how that pisses the youngsters off even more. Could also be just our generation going "Kids today smh" tho lol

Hmm, not happy to hear that.

On an unrelated point, I do feel like avenues to be meeting up are somewhat changed and that people generally aren't taking them so much.

I do get the vibe more people are taking the "gee why is everyone getting offended?" response than we let on too, certainly with less info on why shit be fucked with a lot of things

21 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

gmk5g7o856ad1.png?auto=webp&s=45d590500c

The right side also has Red V White Cross, while the left has OGHRE Vs Iberian Empire going on

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe review

I think this might actually be the best Kirby game that isn't Forgotten Land. The variety of copy abilities here is probably the best it's been in the series and they all control really nice. The brand new additions of Mecha and Sand Kirby are very fun to play with too, so i'd like to see them return. And of course, the Ultra Abilities. Can't ever go wrong with these. Yeah they're gimmicky and don't actually add much to the game but they're still fun to use.

This game also added the brand new Maglor Epilogue and it's....fine i guess. Idk i found it kinda boring but i don't think it detracts from the main game.

Music good.

9/10

Puzzle Fighter 2 review:

It's like the one puzzle game i'm really good at and also my girl Hsien-Ko is in it.

Very biased 8/10

Kuro coming out in 2 days. Waiting so I can hear for myself just how bad the EN voicework is this time around!

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And of course, the Ultra Abilities. Can't ever go wrong with these. Yeah they're gimmicky and don't actually add much to the game but they're still fun to use.

Gimmicks like these have become part of the formula in modern Kirby games- Hypernova, Robobot Armor, Karby and the like. The Ultra Abilities merely began this trend.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This game also added the brand new Maglor Epilogue and it's....fine i guess. Idk i found it kinda boring but i don't think it detracts from the main game.

The boss recolors were on the lazy side, and narratively it was pretty much nothing. And, the high scores for each level felt tacked on, not as if the game was made for tight scoring action. So I can see where you're coming from.

On 6/30/2024 at 10:23 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

The artwork is called Future Ancestral Technologies: New Myth (2021) by Cannupa Hanska Luger (Mandan, Hidatsa, Arikara, Lakota), based in Glorieta, New Mexico. The above figure -so the magazine tells me- is part of a video installation, wherein it is a heroic "monster slayer", representing a future where humans are in a right relationship with each other and the environment. The monsters the figure and others like it slays are societal ills, among them colonialism and capitalism. The artist is optimistic about Native Americans' abilities to adapt to a changing world.

IMG_20230128_170912609.jpg?ex=6686d915&i

Indeed

33 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Well, this week, I found out that Discord is an giant fucking joke,unfortunately

Ah, a fellow exile of the Serenes Forest Discord! Come and be welcomed my brother, you have taken your first fledgling steps into the world without!