• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2QJBZ3p.png

gECqDt3.png

From an outsider's perspective, it might be a bit strange to see "Trails through Daybreak out now!" and "Trails through Daybreak II releasing next year!" on the same day.

On 7/4/2024 at 12:33 AM, Armagon said:

That is a duo of all time ngl.

They're one of the more inspired harmonics since Goldmary loves attention and Bernadetta hates it. Karla and Freyja are together because they... have brothers, I guess? And Tana and Peony are together because... uh...

On 7/4/2024 at 9:41 AM, GuardianSing said:

The highlight was definitely that part in Planet Robobot where they just casually hurled slurs at me.

Typical corporate executive behavior, really.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

And Tana and Peony are together because... uh...

Energetic cheerful flying princesses?

Posted (edited)

Man

I am still bitter about it...fuck english refs man.

But

Atleast, there's hope in the future again. I, like most peeps over here, had doubts at the start of the tourney, after the awful performances in the last 6 years...yet here we are, finally a world class team again.

Yes, we went out in QF, but it was the 2 best teams in the tournament facing off in QF, and it was a match worthy of a final tbh.

2026 can't come soon enough, it's time for the 5th star and to take on Brazil's throne.

But for now...GO SWITZERLAND.

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Canada may have won but Canada doesn't have arepas and chicha so who's the real winner hmmm?

Another event,

my remote hopes dashed again.

Silence. Why, Bamco?

ย 

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh lol, my coin count ended at 2004. The original release year. XD

They upped the wallet size? That's new to me. And 'grats on wrapping up this good old game.๐Ÿ˜€

I was doing some flipping through this. As much part of my TTYD experience as the game itself. (And yes, it did spoil me on the final battle that took many years (I forget how many) for me to actually go forward with seeing.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another event,

my remote hopes dashed again.

Silence. Why, Bamco?

Oh, right, forgot about that.

... so no SRW news, huh. It's clear they're only focusing on DD. *sigh*

SRW V is still on sale, just saying.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They upped the wallet size? That's new to me. And 'grats on wrapping up this good old game.๐Ÿ˜€

I was doing some flipping through this. As much part of my TTYD experience as the game itself. (And yes, it did spoil me on the final battle that took many years (I forget how many) for me to actually go forward with seeing.

Oh yeah. Been doing that since... Color Splash? But yeah, cap is now 9999.

Oh, interesting...

ย 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Canada may have won but Canada doesn't have arepas and chicha so who's the real winner hmmm?

Canada in semis is so fucking wild wtf

Inb4 they go and win the whole thing....although i really really doubt they can defeat the current best team in the world lol

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/qKPQS7J.gif

On 7/4/2024 at 11:43 PM, Codename Shrimp said:

7NhZZMO.jpeg

Outlaws?

Linkedin motivational articles for bandits

mCvAVKX.jpeg

Tfw you suffer from success so much your own descendants seal you sounds like there's more to it tbh lol

Imagine your descendants had a split and locked you, a superpowerful alchemist and senior of the family away. Would make family reunions awkward.

3FOpqaS.jpeg

....why is there an airship under the castle?

Because it's cool

The castle was built on top of it?

On 7/5/2024 at 2:04 AM, Codename Shrimp said:

ws9SsiW.jpeg

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Some say cool peeps don't look at their own explosion, but if the damage is that high you can look while still being cool!

Actually cool, let's be real.

I didn't even look at the UI and thought Bahamut.

On 7/5/2024 at 4:36 AM, Armagon said:

Just ignore the fact that the actors were going through the worst divorce of all time.

Ah fandom, able to ignore a couple hates each other for shipping

9 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Man

I am still bitter about it...fuck english refs man.

But

Atleast, there's hope in the future again. I, like most peeps over here, had doubts at the start of the tourney, after the awful performances in the last 6 years...yet here we are, finally a world class team again.

Yes, we went out in QF, but it was the 2 best teams in the tournament facing off in QF, and it was a match worthy of a final tbh.

2026 can't come soon enough, it's time for the 5th star and to take on Brazil's throne.

But for now...GO SWITZERLAND.

I happened to put it on right after the second goal.

Bloody hell Rudiger must have ran himself ragged. And you can't say Germany didn't try. Or that the ref didn't give time at the end

And hey, 2026 is still round the corner and France also lost.

15 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Inb4 they go and win the whole thing....although i really really doubt they can defeat the current best team in the world lol

Oh Canada incoming?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Bloody hell Rudiger must have ran himself ragged

Was one of our best.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Or that the ref didn't give time at the end

Time Spain wasted with their bullshit play

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

and France also lost.

France won tho?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

ย 

Well, that's the first I'm hearing of this. They're not making as big a fuss over this as I would've expected. It's a nice reminder that Sanchez is nowhere nearly as cool as his political opponents claim he is.

Considering the fact that this only affects Spain-based websites (all... uh, does anyone know any?), the existence of VPNs and the obvious, massive logistic issues of a system like this, this is likely either never coming through or going to be utterly ineffective.

Big, stupid mistake, though. I don't understand why they would do this, they're just handing Vox votes on a silver platter.

Off to Gar(r)on today too.

31 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Time Spain wasted with their bullshit play

I'm still so confused where those two yellow cards came from, I'm assuming related.

30 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

France won tho?

Oh, guess I missed that.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's the first I'm hearing of this. They're not making as big a fuss over this as I would've expected. It's a nice reminder that Sanchez is nowhere nearly as cool as his political opponents claim he is.

Considering the fact that this only affects Spain-based websites (all... uh, does anyone know any?), the existence of VPNs and the obvious, massive logistic issues of a system like this, this is likely either never coming through or going to be utterly ineffective.

Big, stupid mistake, though. I don't understand why they would do this, they're just handing Vox votes on a silver platter.

Reality is the gif was for the horny jail jokes, I realise the execution of this will likely have issues for security and as you said it only being tied to sites in Spain with this being the internet will hamper it and that's just those areas.

That point on Vox likely getting votes from terminally online masturabtors would work if they left their caverns /s

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

For what it's worth, both Canada and Argentina won their last matches through penalties.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

For what it's worth, both Canada and Argentina won their last matches through penalties.

If somehow, some way, Canada takes Argentina to penalties, they losing. Dibu (Argentina's Goalie) is a fucking wall

47 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

If somehow, some way, Canada takes Argentina to penalties, they losing. Dibu (Argentina's Goalie) is a fucking wall

Dibu gonna mysteriously come down with Covid /s

Yeah the ideal is you just won with a lead instead of penalties but maybe it's just me but soccer matches don't last that long. Unless a match is completely one-sided, there's like a 50% chance it heads to penalties.

Of course, the last time I was at a baseball game, it lasted to midnight so maybe don't go too long either.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unless a match is completely one-sided, there's like a 50% chance it heads to penalties.

Penalties don't happen that often. You usually have from 2 to 4 per tournament.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

it's just me but soccer matches don't last that long.

45 x 2 (+ 15 x 2 + Penalties) is hella long.

19 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Typical corporate executive behavior, really.

Can I talk about this for a second because this is actually fucking insane.

Playing through a good chunk of the Kirby games, almost none of them have like any story at all in terms of actual themes and stuff and when it does have more of a story it is very very basic.

And then out of fucking nowhere Kirby Planet Robobot comes along where the plot is that a giant corporation is actively invading Planet Popstar with the goal to 'civilize' and/or eradicate the native population and exploit the natural resources for profit.

I am dead fucking serious, Japanese kids platformer game Kirby Planet Robobot handles the settler colonial genocide narrative better than like 80% of Hollywood media about Indigenous people and I don't even think it was trying to.

ย 

Posted (edited)

Aw yeah, with my brother back, he, my cousin, and I are once more having the best Smash sessions ever! And also a Mario Party run since my cousin got Superstars... we lost to the CPU. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Temptation-Wins-Again.png

I officially own an h-game.

---

Endless Space 1 was only $2.49, bought it as a curiosity, given I've quite enjoyed the sequel half off-pic and fantasy in-universe relative seen here. I also bought the little Eternights art book for $2.99. Had to, because Yohan is still a brilliant ray of light to meย ๐Ÿ™‚, I'm deeply indebted to the game.

That was it for me & the Steam Summer Sale...

2024070613365700-s-1.jpg

...but not for the Switch.๐Ÿ˜† The other Super Robot Wars W.

I debated holding off on this until my bday, but it certainly wouldn't be on sale at that time. So celebratory timing vs. money saved, I chose savings. I debated Steam vs. Switch. I've enough Switch storage space for this 18 gig game, with enough room for whatever other little downloads VXT would be like 15-18 gigs total?ย I'd want at the end of the Switch's lifespan. And I feel like I simply preferred it on Switch, because for as much gaming I do on PC, the personal computer is inherently a multipurpose device unlike a video game console, so gaming on it has a teensy amount of anti-immersion.๐Ÿ˜… That, and I haven't been Switch gaming enough I think, I want some balance between the two. I also debated standard vs. deluxe edition, I chose standard to save $11 at 50% off, if I massively enjoy it, I can buy the deluxe bonuses later as a votive purchase. With my unspent Xmas eShop card funds, it was less than $7 to cover the remainder of the sale price.

I won't be getting Wired up right away though, I still can't enjoy video games right now.๐Ÿ˜”ย That, and XC3 takes Switch priority, once I'm far enough out of the MDD mentality.