• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

>Joker discourse

https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/fatherted/S01E02/gif/km4OnSDJOXx5.gif

>They got Brendan Gleeson for foile a deux

https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/fatherted/S01E02/gif/1Yo9PhFDYMpV.gif

10 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

You ever have a moment where you want to say something, but you have no idea what?

Sorry, missed you there earlier.

And yes.

As for how I'm doing, well things are happening for me at least, so better than when I was last around and even when I was first coming back here after that long disappearance.

7 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

my LPT: Vegan alternatives. They taste good nowadays and aren't as fatty or full of calories

See, I'd feel like the better angle is "dish that is it's own creature, no need to be the pseudo", I should have asked some people I know about their bean chili before they left for instance, but that's me being skeptical. probably should be more willing to investigate.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Smh, they should've cleared Trump's years ago!

It's the infinitely generating dungeon, there is no end to find the treasure in because it's that deep

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I am now 24 years old

Happy birthday indeed.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I can also do veggie sauce.

Veggie Sauce? Just wondering what you're getting at with this one.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Eating less hasn't been fun, but the desire to look good in a maid outfit is stronger 😆

Motivation's motivation.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Remember seeing one of these where family worked as a child, just once or twice, but it's still ingrained in my memory.😆

Funny, I remember the same.

I presume the archaeologists ruled out that possibility. Likely I would imagine from where they were reburied and how the bones and such were treated. I don't think as a community they'd rush to speculative conclusions without hesitation as they used to.

Yeah, probably not. Just me having the thought come to mind, pretty mindless speculation indeed.

...I found it fascinating that we've a specific individual to whom we can tie the origins of something so ingrained in the modern mindset. A mental orientation pervasive among us as both individuals and collectives (government labeling, food corporations) that is barely 100 years old.🤓

Reminded me that scientists didn't discover the specific compound known as "(ethyl) alcohol" until the early 1800s, and the term "alcoholism" was not invented until 1849. Knowing the specific combination of molecules that made people drunk, having a term more clinical than mere drunkenness to describe the delirious condition, not yet two centuries have passed since alcoholism's coinage, but how it defines modern society's perception of the matter (...I think?).

I mean, if I kept digging I'm sure I could point to others, or at least leading lights of same. And how once something is established how ingrained the idea can get and how pushing to change the thought process is it's own struggle.

Wouldn't that be partly driven by much of prior history in many places (mostly in The West from what I know) that many would be having to drink lower percentage beverages as it's better than the water would be? I feel like that'd be a factor back then, especially when germ theory is being figured out in parallel and applied in a similar time period (I remember an incident in London about figuring out Cholera infections in the water and the obvious consequences).

I do eat better than when I was younger. I never would've imagined I would enjoy tomato petals.🍅😆 ...But I won't get rid of the ice cream and gelato in the freezer.🍨 Nor will I switch over to natural sugar-free peanut butter.🥜😝

Okay, so the petals unlike the stalks are fine? huh.

And I can't store ice cream, freezer too small 😛

59 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The thing i miss the most

I'll think of your longing the next time I consume frozen dairy fat.

40 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

j846A27.png

Enjoy.

I'm waiting for to see what the next entry looks like before I consider venturing beyond the Black Sheep Quintet.

39 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wouldn't that be partly driven by much of prior history in many places (mostly in The West from what I know) that many would be having to drink lower percentage beverages as it's better than the water would be? I feel like that'd be a factor back then,

"Small beer" and diluted wine were commonplace yeah. The Greeks claimed that only fools didn't dilute their wine, which included: all barbarians, the Greek lower classes, and all women, so basically everyone not an elite Greek male. You know, the people who stuff down. -Though in this case, "diluted" didn't have to always mean heavily watered-down, you could still get -well the Greek writers might prefer to say "tipsy" rather than drunk, having such high self-regard.

44 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Okay, so the petals unlike the stalks are fine? huh.

Tomato petals aren't actual petals.😆 They're tomatoes -not sure which kind (bigger than cherry tomatoes, maybe medium-sized), sliced in halves to look like lovely red petals. Not exactly sure what is put on them, I just got them from a local Italian eatery- but think they have garlic, some herbs, perhaps olive oil. What defines the tomato petals I had though- that they were STRONG. When I first had them on a sandwich from the same place, oh boy I tasted the balsamic! And it was the same having them as a side vegetable, tomato are acidic, balsamic vinegar is acidic, the result is an acid bath on the taste buds that could dissolve a hulking zombie. -In a good way.😀 You just don't need that many to be satisfied.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

'll think of your longing the next time I consume frozen dairy fat

Rub it in me will ya xD

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Enjoy.

Thankies!

8 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

So how is everyone?

Fine I suppose, one of my uncles is visiting and I ended up drinking more than I should have because of that. Also welcome back, its been a while.

I am now 24 years old

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎉

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Eating less hasn't been fun, but the desire to look good in a maid outfit is stronger 😆

...Well, most days haha

The best of motivations for losing weight 😛 

The birthday haul:

IMG20240723231052.jpg?ex=66a1c254&is=66a

Two of the greatest games of all time and Monster Hunter World.

Being real tho, Fairy Tail will probably be a guilty pleasure and I look forward to World being my first Monster Hunter game (how good is the single player?).

Cars 2 is gonna be peak, I know.

And thank you all for the birthday wishes!

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nor will I switch over to natural sugar-free peanut butter.🥜😝

Tbf I think anything that's marketed as sugar free is kinda a scam.

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

j846A27.png

The sole English term (cloud status) on that bar: "just making sure we don't fit in".

Anyways have fun!

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Veggie Sauce? Just wondering what you're getting at with this one.

It's that more or less. Veggies mixed into a sauce.

The trick for me is that I hate the texture of a lot of veggies. Makes me gag. I hate it. 

But if I don't notice it, I'm cool.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf I think anything that's marketed as sugar free is kinda a scam.

Could still have artificial sweeteners, unless you were also referring to those.

Sixth Labyrinth boss dead in 8 turns. Now that's the burst I've been waiting for.😄 The Imperial is good now. -Yes I was still overleveled a little, yet the strategy would've worked the same even so. (The boss fight was oddly plagued with emulator lag, which I haven't encountered before.) Sixth Labyrinth randoms later on put a good fight too (some formations were must-flee! overwhelming 😅), which makes it bizarre that the Seventh Labyrinth is toothless two floors in.🤨

Getting utterly lost in the Labyrinth of the World Tree am I.😆

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Being real tho, Fairy Tail will probably be a guilty pleasure

There are worse things/games to sinfully delight in.😜

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The trick for me is that I hate the texture of a lot of veggies. Makes me gag. I hate it. 

Reminding me of fruit. Specifically bananas to give one example, I like banana flavor well enough, e.g. banana cake, but the texture of the fruit themselves is 🤢 to me. Also oranges, grapes, watermelon, apples... .😅 -Not my fault grapes taste like bland sacks of water (yet not the sweet treat that is grape juice🧃). 

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

and I look forward to World being my first Monster Hunter game (how good is the single player?).

I'm slightly curious about Mon Hun. I've never played a game in this one of Capcom's biggest franchises, but I ponder how the gameplay loop is and if I'd find it fun enough. -Do share.

The sole English term (cloud status) on that bar: "just making sure we don't fit in".

German as well 😛

Or well, got imported into the language would be more apt.

Wolkenlage sounds dumb af for this cloud lol

Anyways have fun!

Thanks!

A braver soul than I might.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Small beer" and diluted wine were commonplace yeah. The Greeks claimed that only fools didn't dilute their wine, which included: all barbarians, the Greek lower classes, and all women, so basically everyone not an elite Greek male. You know, the people who stuff down. -Though in this case, "diluted" didn't have to always mean heavily watered-down, you could still get -well the Greek writers might prefer to say "tipsy" rather than drunk, having such high self-regard.

Ah Greek elites and their high-faluting opinions.

Clearly didn't drink to forget enough.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tomato petals aren't actual petals.😆 They're tomatoes -not sure which kind (bigger than cherry tomatoes, maybe medium-sized), sliced in halves to look like lovely red petals. Not exactly sure what is put on them, I just got them from a local Italian eatery- but think they have garlic, some herbs, perhaps olive oil. What defines the tomato petals I had though- that they were STRONG. When I first had them on a sandwich from the same place, oh boy I tasted the balsamic! And it was the same having them as a side vegetable, tomato are acidic, balsamic vinegar is acidic, the result is an acid bath on the taste buds that could dissolve a hulking zombie. -In a good way.😀 You just don't need that many to be satisfied.

So plum tomatoes? Those are the most obvious ones that come to mind as halving into leaves.

Don't remember being that fond of them myself, but maybe the circumstances could change for that.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The birthday haul:

IMG20240723231052.jpg?ex=66a1c254&is=66a

Two of the greatest games of all time and Monster Hunter World.

Tried Rise and I just didn't get into the game myself. Honster Hunter probably isn't a me thing.

Well, you're ready for the sequel 😛

Also, Cars 2

https://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/shudder.gif

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's that more or less. Veggies mixed into a sauce.

Suppose it'd depend on the sauce and what's mixed.

I'd like to say I'm pretty tolerant, but there's more than a few vegetables I'd have to do something with to find enjoyable. And then there's beetroot, one of the most dirtwater foods to exist. I can think of an example of people making it work in some side dish like in an aioli, but at that point it's a good deal of effort for making it work.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminding me of fruit. Specifically bananas to give one example, I like banana flavor well enough, e.g. banana cake, but the texture of the fruit themselves is 🤢 to me. Also oranges, grapes, watermelon, apples... .😅 -Not my fault grapes taste like bland sacks of water (yet not the sweet treat that is grape juice🧃). 

Onions. Cannot deal myself, texture is an issue and I tend to be bothered by the taste if it's strong enough, especially for red onions which are more likely to be chopped thin enough for the texture to not be an issue but then their taste is. Grapes are also a little unfortunate.

And you didn't even mention the other grape juice

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

A braver soul than I might.

*Starts up the blender*

Add water (and cinnamon and nutmeg for flavor), run it through a cheesecloth and or strainer, and I'll have cyber milk. It's good for your memory.😛

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Clearly didn't drink to forget enough.

They might not have wanted to, they had their own of loose equivalent of modern day "beer pong". You place a disc atop a pole, and then when you're almost done with your cup of wine, you give your arm a good flick of the wrist and fling the wine dredges at the disc, if you knock it off the pole, you win.

Ancient wine might not have been as filtered as the modern stuff, there might've been solid matter at the bottom of your glass you didn't want to drink. Even so, being able to literally throw away wine would've indicated you had more than a few spare drachmae.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Onions. Cannot deal myself, texture is an issue and I tend to be bothered by the taste if it's strong enough, especially for red onions which are more likely to be chopped thin enough for the texture to not be an issue but then their taste is.

So no grilled/caramelized goodness for you? How pitiful.🥺

Though if it's only raw onion that's a problem, I've heard of people actually enjoying them enough that they can just bite into them like an apple.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

And you didn't even mention the other grape juice

I care not for alcohol and drunkenness. But I have come to terms with being killed by the other grape poison, called "fructose".

That title theme is actually beautiful.

It woke me up from work "wth am i doing with my life this is nonsense" exhaustion/depression lol

I hope the game will be as beautiful as the theme 😄 

Also the the Sophie 1 flashbacks made Sophie 1 look more interesting than anyone says it is lol

Edited by Codename Shrimp

I'm trying to get back to some Megaton Musashi today b/c I haven't played in like a week. However, that's a challenge, as my brain remains fixated in EO mode.😆

2024072409470100-s-1.jpg

@Acacia Sgt I think I remember you said you didn't like how fiction sometimes gets rid of the Baja? Here... well the land is still there, but terraformation has gotten rid of the Gulf of California, so it's a peninsula is no more.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

That title theme is actually beautiful.

It woke me up from work "wth am i doing with my life this is nonsense" exhaustion/depression lol

Relatable.😉

zeGcO7I.jpeg

Oho

dchjDQL.jpeg

Rip Sophie.

R6xdjRz.jpeg

Got eaten by a blackhole. F
IoCLsZY.jpeg

Game over

nshOqV0.jpeg

....did i get jebaited into an Isekai xD

KkoVsEH.jpeg

Seems like it lol

oEgUbay.jpeg

BARREL

pNGvnzm.jpeg

oh

If stories taught me anything, this is a disaster in the making lol

JbnXgfH.jpeg
IGsHMFn.jpeg

Well, If dreams are made of anything, horny is the biggest part ofc lol

kVPAiYE.jpeg

They can?

nb5TbOd.jpeg

You're trapped, Sophie. Time to go full Isekai MC XD

zOV2tSE.jpeg

I need context xD

VtYooP5.jpeg

Future Airplane maker!

THOtzPw.jpeg

GUN!

htv07YB.jpeg

Atelier's best feature is here!

phj8Ebt.jpeg

Punished Sophie after she went through Arise's final dungeon

bZz5E0Q.jpeg

They need the realer world...or maybe they don't, it sucks

mzjz5wa.jpeg

PUNI

NAlKgJM.jpeg

>Targetting Lines

Oh?

jNpfD1N.jpeg

Ok, this seems much more complex and puzzley than Lulua lol

Yd8YgJP.jpeg

Next Wallpaper found

fPmqPdG.jpeg

So we meeting dear Grandma eh?

Everything good so far - but the camera seems wack

Edited by Codename Shrimp

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I remember you said you didn't like how fiction sometimes gets rid of the Baja? Here... well the land is still there, but terraformation has gotten rid of the Gulf of California, so it's a peninsula is no more.

Yeah, I did. Well, that's a distinction without a difference there, heh.

Looking at that map, sounds like the aliens just hate islands in general, pft.

I turn the game back on ...and suddenly the controller alerts me the battery is low.😑 Certainly not the first time it happened just when I was looking forward to more. EON it is then.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I did. Well, that's a distinction without a difference there, heh.

I was pondering if peninsularity is part of the essence of Baja.😆

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looking at that map, sounds like the aliens just hate islands in general, pft.

Intercontinental inter-hemispheric highway system is a go!

That Madagascar connection point looks especially forced, totally unnatural. Though Florida-Cuba-Yucatan catches my interest (not that anyone would be living there with 99.9% of humanity dead).

44 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

....did i get jebaited into an Isekai xD

One -purely speculative- possibility is that black holes are connected to white holes (which spew out matter and energy, instead of devouring it) in other dimensions. Run with that.😛

47 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

oh

If stories taught me anything, this is a disaster in the making lol

Immortality leading to a desire for self-destruction that takes down entire worlds that did not consent to this with it?

50 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Well, If dreams are made of anything, horny is the biggest part ofc lol

I ...won't make a joke.😜

51 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Next Wallpaper found

Love the...? -I can't decide on one single word to fit that expression.😅 Chill yet smugly self-confident, to put it in several?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was pondering if peninsularity is part of the essence of Baja.😆

Well, the term Strong Arm is in our anthem, heh.

Intercontinental inter-hemispheric highway system is a go!

President Ike would be proud.

That Madagascar connection point looks especially forced, totally unnatural. Though Florida-Cuba-Yucatan catches my interest (not that anyone would be living there with 99.9% of humanity dead).

They certainly want to be thorough, heh.

Immortality leading to a desire for self-destruction that takes down entire worlds that did not consent to this with it?

I mean, is it that bad if you can actually ask to leave? It's more like a small vacation from real life. Or rather, a way to have more time to fulfill your dreams.

Republicans so incompetent they gonna shut down the government the month before a Presidential election.

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Also the the Sophie 1 flashbacks made Sophie 1 look more interesting than anyone says it is lol

There's nothing wrong with Sophie 1's narrative, the problem is that the gameplay is pretty boring if you're at all familiar with the series.

It's kinda like Xenoblade 1. Good to start but doesn't offer much on replays or if you've played another game in the series.

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ok, this seems much more complex and puzzley than Lulua lol

Yeah this is the Mysterious gimmick. It's pretty addicting once you get the hang of it, though I'll warn you that this game has a few years ahead of the other Mysterious games. The puzzle alchemy sucked in Sophie, is fine but kinda wonky in Firis and only really properly shined in Lydie & Suelle (but maybe I need to replay Firis to get a second opinion). Sophie 2 carries all the improvements and experiences of the team after that.

A more personal take on that idea