Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Victoria has been consistent with its start date. All three games begin in 1836. It's not long before its namesake's Coronation,

As far I'm concerned all British monarchs since William IV have been illegitimate, for they abandoned the chicken dish served at every English coronation from 1067 to 1820!

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh! Maybe they chose 1821 since it's the year Napoleon died? Most of the Latin American wars of independence had already ended as well or were winding down (barring Peru's which lasted until 1826). Greece (or at least part of it) also rose in rebellion from the Ottoman Empire, which would begin its era of decline ("Sick Man of Europe" would be coined a little more than ten years after).

So 1821 was certainly a sign of the end of an era.

Sounds a little weird to base it off the death of one great man, and 1815 might as well be Napoleon's farewell from the world. -But throwing in the other two things, it's a more blurry, generalized choice of date than others. -Which is fine. Honestly perhaps it's better this way, being more globalized, and the scale of Paradox games isn't exactly small. While there wouldn't be a perfect year, triangulating a generalized start/end date from several events affecting different places, isn't a bad idea.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I was looking at random game news on the web, and @Codename Shrimp

GBVSR_07-27-24_Slides_002.jpg

...is this guy in Relink?🤣

-But I am NOT 100%🥵 over this though. It is one risqué swimsuit😲, more than I would've imagined. -But the fact his name is Belial (taken from a demon), and that look in his eyes... psychopathic evil scares me, not excites.😨

The things you bump into at 1 in the morning.😅 Now it's off to sleep.🥱

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

EUIV covers from 1441 to 1821. It is meant to take place after the Middle Ages. The Hundred Years War is still the Late Middle Ages, I'd say. Or they want a transitional event into the War of the Roses, maybe?

EU4 start date is 1444, right after the Battle of Varna. Basically once it was clear that the Otto was the new Man in town, but with Byzantium just barely still on the map for all the romeaboos to play. The start date is even titled "Rise of the Ottomans". It might also have been a factor that three relevant European powers (Hungary, Poland, Bohemia) were kingless after the battle, which gives room for some "what-ifs" while still allowing to steer the game state into a more historical direction via events, like Poland choosing a union with Lithuania most of the time when played by the AI.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh! Maybe they chose 1821 since it's the year Napoleon died? Most of the Latin American wars of independence had already ended as well or were winding down (barring Peru's which lasted until 1826). Greece (or at least part of it) also rose in rebellion from the Ottoman Empire, which would begin its era of decline ("Sick Man of Europe" would be coined a little more than ten years after).

1821 is the end date almost certainly because Napoleon, yeah.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...is this guy in Relink?🤣

Nope xD

Belial is a popular dude afaik tho

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

psychopathic evil scares me, not excites.😨

scaroused

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aspects of the LAWI lasted well up till 1833 which is likely why (along with the general neglect South and Central America get in any historical strategy game) there were never any events about in Europa. The modern nations exist as formables but that's it, and not even Gran Colombia is there despite only existing in EU4's timeline.

That and also Europa has always been a game about map panting large conquests with like 5 major empires risking against each other till the end of the game. It's rather indifferent to the domestic politics that allowed for things like the Latin American Wars of Independence, which is something I hope they change with the new game. Absolutism is rather boring.

I die, but the state remains. -Louis XIV maybe.

I think I need to take a sizable break from Nexus. My pace has slowed already due to play-fatigue (and writing fatigue, I've written pages and pages of team ideas/planning in the past few weeks). I'm almost done with the Ninth Labyrinth ...and there's another four to go before the postgame.😵 A game that is too long indeed. 

-But I haven't a clue what I would fill in the big gaming hole with.😆 I might push along with EON despite how I feel, for lack of decisiveness.😅

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Nope xD

Belial is a popular dude afaik tho

Unfortunately, the Internet reaction I've seen in certain places, is mixed. Yes some pure celebration, including those who say this isn't for them- but it's cool anyhow 😄. -But also people complaining that this gets in, while female characters get clothing edits. 😐 Feels like straight male pri  *deletes rest of paragraph*.

...I'll stop there. I know you might disagree, and I don't mean to start an argument (and I do agree there should be fanservice for all). -Ironically, like the hour before I discovered that Belial last night, I inhaled a dose of political fear of the future, and was kinda wishing I didn't have s/s feelings, feelings that returned first thing when I woke up this morning. And yet between these shots of despresso, a silly gleeful rainbow high.🤣

scaroused

I was thinking "Is that how yandere lovers feel?". -Except yandere devotees are probably clinically insane and feel no fear.😝

...Now if you excuse me, I need to watch a video posted like two hours ago. The topic to my surprise, is the history of cornflakes 🌽🥣, which I'm like 95% certain might have been invented partly to cut down on certain urges.💕 (I know that's true of graham crackers.) Or at least, the associated Dr. John Harvey Kellogg might've had a problem with those appetites.😋

-Those strange little coincidences one experiences in their daily life.😆

Everything I learned about Supernatural was from an outsider's perspective, including learning there's a Scooby-Doo crossover episode. This is the closest I've ever been to being interested in seeing this show.

Also, I probably need to change the SNES emulator on the bean machine. Worked fine for GBA hacks, but Biraku Emblem went to a black screen before the first map and Lil'Manster didn't even finish loading, hell got the machine stuck a bit. Also SD Full Content Patch crashing out at the decoy scene likely, but I had that issue on PC emulation as well. No idea about that, thought the notes said that worked on emulator.

dpnpYXM.png

Seliph?

Kid cosplaying Leif when?

Could be a (younger) Larcei looking at this art)

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was thinking "Is that how yandere lovers feel?". -Except yandere devotees are probably clinically insane and feel no fear.😝

Yandere stans wearing the no fear shirt only to rip it off when they see their interest and the shirt underneath says one fear with a heart and the interest inside

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Now if you excuse me, I need to watch a video posted like two hours ago. The topic to my surprise, is the history of cornflakes 🌽🥣, which I'm like 95% certain might have been invented partly to cut down on certain urges.💕 (I know that's true of graham crackers.) Or at least, the associated Dr. John Harvey Kellogg might've had a problem with those appetites.😋

I've heard enough about that to decide I''m fine not knowing any more about what went on there. And yes, it was that brother Kellogg whose focus was that (Also a good old dose of eugenics /s), the other one set up the company separately after some falling out and some other guy robbing recipes maybe?

Something they did must have worked, both lived to 91

48 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I've heard enough about that

Juuuuuust finished watching the video [well like 40 minutes ago from the time I began writing this 😆]. No, cornflakes were NOT invented for John Harvey Kellogg referred to as "the solitary vice"🍆🦋, only for indigestion (a common ailment people visited his Battle Creek Sanitarium for), and to promote the chewing of food (without the breaking of teeth). This said, his cornflakes were sugarless, saltless, and bland, stubbornly against his brother's later commercial inclinations when Post Cereals (founded by a former patient of the Sanitarium) started making big money next door.

(And yes, a ten-year legal battle was waged over which brother owned cornflakes. This occurred after Will Keith Kellogg (a little brother who faithfully and silently for decades bore with the work and tedium his big brother placed on him) had pressured his John Harvey into selling him the rights to cornflakes (he then founded Kellogg's the company) after the Sanitarium had burned down then been rebuilt and John was practically bankrupt. The two brothers never reconciled, despite a letter John dictated to a secretary, who thought it beneath their boss to apologize and hence stuffed it away, Will didn't discover the letter until after John was dead.)

...However, Kellogg was obsessed with "the solitary vice" (it makes little boys go blind and insane!), and generally thought sex to be the root cause of ill-health, he and his wife never having consummated their marriage (they were devout -if at times heterodox- Seventh-Day Adventists as an aside, that may have influenced their beliefs on human health). His actual treatments for the solitary vice included extreme pain to the problematic regions, or putting a cage around them.

I''m fine not knowing any more about what went on there.

Shrimpy said he's on a diet, does that diet include yogurt enemas?🤔 

You would eat a half-pint (quarter-liter) of yogurt, and then have the other half-pint inserted somewhere else. 

Alternatively, you could get a plain old water enema -via a machine Kellogg invented that could pump 15 liters of water per minute.

Either way, you'd have to do this three times a day.😄

-There was also electroshock therapy, bowel-massage machines that were intentionally painful messages, and he had a slapping machine that would slap the 💩 out of you. Pain also being considered by Dr. Kellogg as a perfectly normal way among others to fix your mental issues.

...He wasn't completely crazy. Daily exercise! Good sleep! Low-fat, high-fiber, vegetarian diet! Light machines for seasonal affective disorder! -But we can and probably should mock/lambast the bats*** stuff he did/believed in.😛

(Also a good old dose of eugenics /s),

That and the accompanying forced-sterilization were mentioned as practices John Harvey Kellogg later got into. Although it wasn't so much this that dragged down his business in his later years, as it was the Great Depression resulting in a decline in Battle Creek Sanitarium clientele.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

31 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

nCfkySa.png

Cue an old man demonstrating by shouting "CHESTO!".😤

25 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Man

The visions of Mana demo is such a mess

Especially Performance wise

a shame

Oh well

You can always wait to see what the reviews say. Demos aren't always representative of the final product.

...Although if the general consensus is the demo is shabby, then regardless of the quality of the finished good, it might bring down sales. Which given Square's stated intent of cutting back on the smaller projects, may throw the Mana franchise into cold storage.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can always wait to see what the reviews say. Demos aren't always representative of the final product.

True, but the game is coming out next month.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Although if the general consensus is the demo is shabby

atleast among PC gamers, the performance is bringing down the mood alot. I have a freaking 4070 and it stutters like hell, and others with even stronger builds have the same experience. The port is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

And for gameplay, imo it's a bit janky/slow, but maybe it's the performance affecting the gameplay.

Also not a fan that it's Tales like

7 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

True, but the game is coming out next month.

Fair point.

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

atleast among PC gamers, the performance is bringing down the mood alot. I have a freaking 4070 and it stutters like hell, and others with even stronger builds have the same experience. The port is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

...Did Square not budget adequate resources to a second-tier IP again?😐

Though I think they've had issues with PC ports of late? Like I think FFVIIRemake had issues?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though I think they've had issues with PC ports of late? Like I think FFVIIRemake had issues?

Everyone is like "Typical Square port" so probably?

"Motherfucker I wish i could say you'll die alone but it's one of God's best jokes that you can't die! Except that's on all of us!"

Deadpool and Wolverine pretty good it's like a 7.

11 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

If you know, you know (the fall after)

If I speak....

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though I think they've had issues with PC ports of late?

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Everyone is like "Typical Square port" so probably?

Yeah Square only relatively recently started porting to PC.

Edited by Armagon

Imma keep it real with ya Republican Vice President nominee JD Vance: you are not beating the couch fucker allegations.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All I know is that Xbox made a plump controller b/c of the movie.

See this is double standard cause that wouldn't fly if it were female characters.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FFXII seems perfect to me. I havent come across a single issue.

Edit: wait, you said of late. Whoops!

Edited by Lightcosmo