Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, apparently you emulate the touchscreen with the stick.

That might be enough to pet the cats, but Albus teleport spam? I just can't imagine that.

Maybe they could add Barlowe Mode to ease the pain. Just flying around punching fools like Captain Falcon.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Order of Ecclesia is gonna be a bit weird without the touchscreen. At least for Albus.

Not looking forward to actually walk with him from one side of the screen to the other. Like a peasant.

I believe the touch controls have been adapted. I know that the dumb Dawn gimmick got turned into a QTE, and I believe there's a pointer of some sort that you can use for other touchscreen stuff.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Well, apparently you emulate the touchscreen with the stick.

Which I have to assume is not very well suited for Albus teleport spam.

Yeah... I won't lie, the more games that aren't stuck in consoles the better, but compared to something like the Ace Attorney collections this is kinda... well, it's just a collection of ROMs lmao. They barely did anything.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Maybe they could add Barlowe Mode to ease the pain. Just flying around punching fools like Captain Falcon.

God I need that. I need to inform everybody that they're my stupid disciples. That's the dream, right there.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Come to think of it, the Order of Ecclesia has less members than the Berwick Saga fandom.

Wonder why they even need that big building.

They tried renting a small apartment. Didn't end well when Barlowe started practicing his Barlowe Punch technique.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Hey i am the Sadist here!

There is no greater despair than that of Silksong fans.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

How are they gonna explain this in lore? The Arts i mean - their advancement is part of the lore after all

Do the thing the Hoenn remakes did, where the original is just a separate but nearly identical universe.

Just to point it out...

Screen-Shot-2024-08-27-at-12-58-40-PM.pn

They're making it so both Guardians of Azuma protagonists exist this time. And you can wed the other.

I like it when they do this. -make other gender's protag still exist, specifically in a game where the protagonist is on -some level- suppose to be a player self-insert.😀

I know Marvelous did this back with Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands (2007/8). And whilst Aden and Sonja in RF: ToD were less self-inserts than the other RF protags, they could wed. (I'm not counting HM3GBC, since the other protagonist option there was literally the only marriage candidate.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do the thing the Hoenn remakes did, where the original is just a separate but nearly identical universe.

Inb4 we get a full series remake

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you can wed the other.

Finally the other hot protag can be banged

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Self-cest awesome.

16 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I wonder what Shanoa goomba stomping Barlow to avoid touching the ice floor is supposed to look like in-universe.

Guy's got a hard head.

He's a boomer. Of course he's hard-headed.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

This feels like sacrilege.

I like how instead of warping he just puts his excellent dancing skills to good use.

DpjYDv46_o.gif

You know, the most unfortunate part of the collection is that you probably can't put the recolor mods on it so Shanoa's hair is brown and Albus's shirt is piss yellow

Apparently the new game from the Moon devs is getting localised some day, so there's that.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I believe the touch controls have been adapted. I know that the dumb Dawn gimmick got turned into a QTE, and I believe there's a pointer of some sort that you can use for other touchscreen stuff.

Nuuuuuuuu

Least Dominus is a much better title than Advance

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They're making it so both Guardians of Azuma protagonists exist this time. And you can wed the other.

So that opening scene makes sense? Wonder how it differs if you end up with them.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Self-cest awesome.

Guardians-Azuma-Ann_08-27-24-1440x810.jp

For a moment I thought this looked like a 69, but then I realized they're not close enough for that.😛

...Ya know, with the other protagonist being their own character -a bachelor/ette ratio that isn't unbalanced like ToD- they could bring back rival marriage. Whoever you take, their no-longer-partner could be find love with the other MC. You couldn't do this with an odd number of people who sought love, but the second protagonist makes the number even. ...But I seriously doubt Marvelous will ever bring the quaint world-strengthening idea back.😝

Just now, Dayni said:

Least Dominus is a much better title than Advance

Well "Dominus" starts with "D" and ends with "s".😝

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So that opening scene makes sense? Wonder how it differs if you end up with them.

I don't think we can really say right now when the unchosen protagonist shows up.😅 Yet, I'd think it imaginable that, even if you could marry anybody else much sooner, that you'd be blocked from wedding the other protagonist until the story is over, if they matter that much for it.

Rune Factory had blocked marriage before for certain characters until a certain point IIRC. Mist in Frontier springs to mind, I don't think you could wed her until after finishing the story there. -And marriage altogether was banned until after story completion in Tides of Destiny, but that was weird and specifically because of the whole "Sonja's soul is stuck in Aden's body" thing (good luck with the bedroom awkwardness with that!).

...Or we end up with an FE: Awakening situation, where your choice of spouse very rarely matters for the story.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...holy shit.

My mind is blown.

I was wondering why they named it after Ecclesia's McGuffin when it's only reflective one of the collection's three four games.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Doing that too is a nice thing about it.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think we can really say right now when the unchosen protagonist shows up.😅 Yet, I'd think it imaginable that, even if you could marry anybody else much sooner, that you'd be blocked from wedding the other protagonist until the story is over, if they matter that much for it.

Rune Factory had blocked marriage before for certain characters until a certain point IIRC. Mist in Frontier springs to mind, I don't think you could wed her until after finishing the story there. -And marriage altogether was banned until after story completion in Tides of Destiny, but that was weird and specifically because of the whole "Sonja's soul is stuck in Aden's body" thing (good luck with the bedroom awkwardness with that!).

...Or we end up with an FE: Awakening situation, where your choice of spouse very rarely matters for the story.

I wondered if it would be more of a "you fall apart and if you didn't do certain stuff you will never be marrying the other avatar" myself.

No answer at the minute of course

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...holy shit.

My mind is blown.

I was wondering why they named it after Ecclesia's McGuffin when it's only reflective one of the collection's three four games.

Shh

Don't question why that favoured OoE

47 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Shh

Don't question why that favoured OoE

It favored OoE because it has good taste!

32 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I thought it was because Ecclesia is the only good game of the bunch.

Well, I did enjoy the other two, even if I would still call Ecclesia the better one.

Why did they randomly announce a Sky remake the one time I looked up the announcements instead of watching the Direct?

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

1. This reads like a scam

2. There's something to making an application form inside a game like this. Point 1 still holds true.

3. The degeneracy........

When you want to play the funny tax dating sim, but you can't because the taxes come out of your paycheck automatically

sad-keanu.jpg

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me and the boys getting seated on December 20th (we can't wait to see the child get shot).

You forgot the most important part, there are Chao in the movie.

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

RvNobdq.png

OH damn it

Falcom you pulling me back hard

I'm looking forward to Trails in the Sky the 3rd's remake, Trails in the Sky TC. There will still be arguments about play order until it releases in 2027.

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

How are they gonna explain this in lore? The Arts i mean - their advancement is part of the lore after all

Because the world ends in Kai and the remake takes place in a new timeline after the Grandmaster resets the universe. Yes, Trails was Xenosaga all along. Things turned out a little different this time, Duke Dunan is Estelle's dad now for example.

When I'm in a "piss off my country's people" competition and my opponent is the French government.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Why did they randomly announce a Sky remake the one time I looked up the announcements instead of watching the Direct?

Tbf it was like 10 seconds.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Because the world ends in Kai and the remake takes place in a new timeline after the Grandmaster resets the universe. Yes, Trails was Xenosaga all along. Things turned out a little different this time, Duke Dunan is Estelle's dad now for example.

Is that why Van's demon form or whatever looks like an Ouroboros?

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Didn't Takahashi work for Falcom for a bit

Yeah.

Computer programmer iirc.

TIL a lego brown frog can be used as poop.

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Because surprise is always possible.

(Hence why I had a link to the stream video lined up when I missed the actual livestream)

5 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Estelle Stick in 3D 😳😳😳

A worthy soldier of the Bonk.

Just now, Armagon said:

When I'm in a "piss off my country's people" competition and my opponent is the French government.

It's clear Macron is being an ass about the transition, meanwhile he got to meet our Harris there today and get another photo op shmoozing with other world figures but I'm being a whinge with it to some degree.