Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I managed to clear both steel ball runs in HoD, which honestly, impressive, me.

Also, Maxim clearly had Lydie put on a maid outfit when she was put away in the castle. The fuck did I just play?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tears of the Kingdom at $70.

Echoes of Wisdom at $50.

I mean, I think only Gamestop did €70 for TotK and considering they finished pulling out a month later, yeah.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Dayni said:

steel ball runs

JoJo 

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

mean, I think only Gamestop did €70 for TotK and considering they finished pulling out a month later, yeah.

Totk was 70 on the eShop too.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wat?

Isn't Atlus notorious for sales or was I being gaslit the whole time?

The "Atlus Tax" was their notorious pricing thing. That and the "wait for the enhanced version bro!" planned obsolescence scam.

Routine and frequent sales were a big thing of their's on the 3DS, and this has continued into the Switch era. Being bought by Sega might've temporarily slowed or halted this, but I'm pretty sure the sales are back in full force. -And doesn't everyone big except Nintendo do fire sales sooner than later nowadays?🤔 The cutthroat nature of the glutted gaming market which some might say hurts the value of games and smaller developers, but then capitalism won't raise wages fast enough.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hiding one of the magic books behind the harder challenge was a 🤨 decision. Since the books are one of the few ways you can vary your attack arsenal. First playthrough I waited until the game was almost over to get it.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, Maxim clearly had Lydie put on a maid outfit when she was put away in the castle. The fuck did I just play?

A game set in Dracula's castle about three young friends!😛 Incongruence with the Gothic/horror setting ahoy!

Just saw an anti-natalist Trump supporter. Twitter remains the app of all time.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The "Atlus Tax" was their notorious pricing thing.

Ah yes, $200 for Ultimate edition of P3R and it doesn't include the DLC.

HoD is growing on me a little, but I can still note it's issues. It is a shame most of the bosses kinda suck, the music's eh and in terms of movement options, I feel like others did it better. because have context moments where you make enemies interact with the environment is fun.

JoJo 

I am literally describing what is going on in game, but everything is a Jojo reference these days

Hell HoD came out before SBR started, it's the real steel ball run /s

Totk was 70 on the eShop too.

I mean, it still is, but I was focusing on physical copies in shops as I'll admit I don't exactly have a tiny physical collection.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hiding one of the magic books behind the harder challenge was a 🤨 decision. Since the books are one of the few ways you can vary your attack arsenal. First playthrough I waited until the game was almost over to get it.

From what I've seen, Yellow Axe, Yellow Cross, Green Holy Water and Green Dagger all do ults from previous games (All of these Richter can do for instance).

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A game set in Dracula's castle about three young friends!😛 Incongruence with the Gothic/horror setting ahoy!

There's a radio in it. In the 1700's. Juste can put it in his room.

Everything about this castle is messy, this is why mortals shouldn't handle Dracula's power.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Just saw an anti-natalist Trump supporter. Twitter remains the app of all time.

Bad takes and actively being on Twitter.

Day ending in y and all that.

A medieval copyist's error might be why it wasn't until 2017 that archaeologists discovered the once-great Temple of Artemis Amarynthia (not to be confused Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World).

-I tried to shift my 😄 mind into 🤓 to turn down the volume.

What is it with the Succubuses in Portrait of Ruin flirting with Jonathan but insulting Charlotte? What self-respecting evil incarnation of illicit sex isn't bisexual?
Most uptight Succubuses ever. And here I thought Jonathan and Charlotte were the ones with the church.

42 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

What is it with the Succubuses in Portrait of Ruin flirting with Jonathan but insulting Charlotte? What self-respecting evil incarnation of illicit sex isn't bisexual?
Most uptight Succubuses ever. And here I thought Jonathan and Charlotte were the ones with the church.

It's even funnier when you fight the actual succubus boss and the play is to just not let Jonathan participate because he gets his brains scrambled by her but against Charlotte it's useless. Comedy! PoR's strongest suit.

That or the PoR villains are so paranoid about bisexuality they insisted that all the demons they would have do this are forced into heteronormativity. Which makes this come off as silly.

Course, I'm betting Doylan reasoning being that very mechanical quirk seemed interesting to them.

I also defeated the weakest sauce death

TIL that the CK3 AGOT mod received a dragon update. A shame my laptop probably won't run it.

qxx3a75vxvfd1.jpeg

Maybe I'll win the Dance again in CK2

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Think on the bright side- you're moving towards warmth, southern hemispheric winter is almost over. I heard meteorologists ignore the solstices and equinoxes and sort the seasons into Dec-Jan-Feb, Mar-Apr-May, Jun-Jul-Aug, Sep-Oct-Nov, anyhow. None of that "2 full months and half of two others" astronomical nonsense.

Yep, thankfully winter is almost over here, just one more month until spring. The best season.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't complain them into using machine/AI translation to cut corners, that couldn't possibly end well.

Hot take: machine translations are fine when you don't have better options. I've finished several VNs this way. Even though the prose wasn't perfect, the meaning was still maintained.

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

get well soon!

Thankies

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Eatsuki eating the moon incoming?

aua0D5P.gif

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

JoJo 

dhjsizd-748a0940-1991-47c3-a8ca-1cbfdd5c

27 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That or the PoR villains are so paranoid about bisexuality they insisted that all the demons they would have do this are forced into heteronormativity. Which makes this come off as silly.

Course, I'm betting Doylan reasoning being that very mechanical quirk seemed interesting to them.

I also defeated the weakest sauce death

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

It's probably because a succubus counterpart is an incubus. Which makes you wonder why there isn't an enemy like this in the game...

Also, you talking about "PoR" made me think it was about Path of Radiance

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's even funnier when you fight the actual succubus boss and the play is to just not let Jonathan participate because he gets his brains scrambled by her but against Charlotte it's useless. Comedy! PoR's strongest suit.

The timeless comedy of a 16 year old girl getting murdered by her mind controlled best friend.

And I mean, if Jonathan gets hit, that's going to happen. Jonathan is a player character, which means he has virtually no windup on his moves and no movement AI besides heading straight for Charlotte.
So she has no breathing room. And Charlotte needs a moment to actually cast anything.
Even if Charlotte could get any spells off, Astarte resists just about anything other than weapon damage.

Only way Charlotte would survive that scenario is if the player has a specific strategy in mind to style on the boss and lets Jonathan gets hit on purpose to show off.

But anyone who tackles this the first time, will see the Game Over screen because that move has insane speed and homing.
But once you know what the move actually does, circumventing it is effortless.
It's just a dumb cheap shot.

Idk, maybe this concept could have worked if losing Jonathan was temporary or you could regain control of him somehow. Or maybe make it so that fighting Jonathan is a phase of the boss.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

There's a radio in it. In the 1700's. Juste can put it in his room.

A car without asphalt roads can still drive places (as long as it has gas/electricity). A radio without radio stations can do ...what? Find a room in Drac's castle filled with alphabetic monsters and pick up on the unexplained ominous?

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Everything about this castle is messy, this is why mortals shouldn't handle Dracula's power.

And its colors are utterly garish b/c original GBA lack o' backlight overcompensation, a choice that aged horribly. The real horror of Harmony of Dissonance.

26 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

Hot take: machine translations are fine when you don't have better options. I've finished several VNs this way. Even though the prose wasn't perfect, the meaning was still maintained.

-I can't say I disagree, I got the chance to get through a DS SRPG my younger self was sad to see not leave Japan, thanks to a machine translation. Luminous Arc 3 wasn't quite as vibrant compared to its two predecessors due to the machine vs. professional difference, but the b-grade anime-flavored characterization wasn't totally lost.

-And machine translation isn't exactly zero effort in the case of fan translations. When you consider that patching in the text and making sure you don't break the game, is half the battle in that case.

26 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

It's probably because a succubus counterpart is an incubus. Which makes you wonder why there isn't an enemy like this in the game...

-Because Castlevania isn't SMT-Persona.😜 I got some serious use out of one in the early-midgame when I played Nocturne. Nocturne bosses actually have MP stats which they need for their spells, and Daisoujou's MP is low enough that I actually had my Incubus use Energy Drain on him until he ran out. The mummified monk got screwed. Also, I'm told the first Persona Q gets broken by Impure Reach, and Incubus is like the first Sub-Persona to have it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Banger (definitely being used for my drawing playlist)

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Bad takes and actively being on Twitter.

Day ending in y and all that.

Yeah but.....anti-natalist Trump supporter. Like...............how do those two ideologies even mesh?

Oh hey Champions League draw is out, in all it's new format glory

vTqs10q.png

Some big games for first round for sure

HFNIif0.png

Nice knowing ya

jU3OJsz.png

Why even qualify when you are gonna get fucked over like this xD

XVTAp4W.png

"Isn't Russia enough?" -My brother

y7YLTgi.png

...Congrats on becoming Men!

H0ucIhJ.png

Brat finally getting correction 💢💢💢

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but.....anti-natalist Trump supporter. Like...............how do those two ideologies even mesh?

I mean, you do realize there are different factions within the GOP, right?

Some Republican voters are religious. Others, dare I'd say a majority, very much are not or at most are casually observant. A decade ago, the standard bearer for the party was Reagan, a worldly movie star whose wife consulted an astrologer during his time in office (fascinating story there if you care to look it up). The heyday of the party's religious wing was 10, 20, 30 years ago. Since then, it's been on the hard downturn, evidenced by the fact of Trump curbstomping a slew of Christian candidates during the 2016 GOP primaries.

RDT_20240829_1800246980793231068132389.j

@Codename Shrimp

16 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

I mean, you do realize there are different factions within the GOP, right?

Some Republican voters are religious. Others, dare I'd say a majority, very much are not or at most are casually observant. A decade ago, the standard bearer for the party was Reagan, a worldly movie star whose wife consulted an astrologer during his time in office (fascinating story there if you care to look it up). The heyday of the party's religious wing was 10, 20, 30 years ago. Since then, it's been on the hard downturn, evidenced by the fact of Trump curbstomping a slew of Christian candidates during the 2016 GOP primaries.

Do you know what an anti-natalist is? It's people who think having kids at all is unethical. And having kids is something that unites even the most apolitical conservative.

For there to be an anti-natalist Trump supporter is.....wild. Never mind the fact that anti-natalists are basically depressed edgelords woth extra steps.

UZSE44f.png

🤔

2nd highest rated VN of all time...

But also needs a prequel that's not so highly rated and together 100h...

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20240829_1800246980793231068132389.j

>No Rean option

>No Renne option

>No (Liberlian) Tio option

6idux4x2xeld1.png?auto=webp&s=57fe427b17

>No Olivier option

Trash selection bad remake

Edited by Codename Shrimp

1 minute ago, Codename Shrimp said:

>No Renne option

🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

That goes for the Tita option too.

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

>No (Liberlian) Tio Option

6idux4x2xeld1.png?auto=webp&s=57fe427b17

Oh yeah, we actually are seeing them in 3D for the first time.

Can't wait for Lloyd the original fisherman.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

Just rewrite to have Kuro Renne in Sky, easy

maxresdefault.jpg

And instead of Estelle adopting her, it will be Estelle seducing her and adding her to her Harem along Kevin, Olivier, Anelace, Kloe and Rean. Ezpz

The single issue Evangelical voters just fell to their knees at the Cracker Barrel.

(He specifically said six weeks is too short of a window, which is funny because the Evangelicals want no weeks).

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

, it will be Estelle seducing her

I know what you are.