Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Deadpool and Wolverine: kinda weaker back half than front, I dunno I could probably write a whole spiel but it's probably not worth the effort.

Couldn't hate the film with the amount of tracks I sang under my breath to as it went.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but.....anti-natalist Trump supporter. Like...............how do those two ideologies even mesh?

Cognitive dissonance, someone convinced that that result could lead to reduced life expectancy, accelerationists, something else in policy that they prefer that being anti-reproduction full stop isn't relevant to, just off the top of my head. probably as many reasons as there are those who'd hold the two views in tandem in practice.

But I'm not getting into the philospohical weeds of anti-natalism in full today. Partly because I find it fundamentally an idea that I'd disagree on. If one is to take it to the logical conclusion annihilative nihilism is the only adequate answer on a global scale and balancing- Nope, stopping now.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Shrimpanokonokonoko codeshinametan

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

han2jr535old1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=8c25885b1

Please put the knife down, we need it to decorate the cake.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

🤔

2nd highest rated VN of all time...

But also needs a prequel that's not so highly rated and together 100h...

I read a blurb somewhere that said beneath the anime girls (and mechs?) exterior, Muv-Luv is all dark drama traumatization that'll leave you begging to see happiness once again. Your cup of tea?😜

21 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, that'd already be proto-Mexico, at least.

So Mexico proper by Civ XIV?

Oh god by the time Civ XIV comes out we'll all be old enough that AMLO could actually be a civ leader

that's such a weird thought...

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

HFNIif0.png

wtf is there a team named Young Boys?!

RDT_20240829_1800246980793231068132389.j

Blasphemy that Josette isn't highlighted by default smh

ddk43lN.jpeg

goes hard ngl

time to catch up?

27 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Deadpool and Wolverine: kinda weaker back half than front, I dunno I could probably write a whole spiel but it's probably not worth the effort.

So worth paying ticket for or nah

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I read a blurb somewhere that said beneath the anime girls (and mechs?) exterior, Muv-Luv is all dark drama traumatization that'll leave you begging to see happiness once again. Your cup of tea?😜

yes

However it seems pacing is comparable to Baldr Sky...and that VN was slower than Trails, so yeah...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

wtf is there a team named Young Boys?!

So they can become Men on the field

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

goes hard ngl

Aren't manga covers kinda disappointing b/c the contents are all black & white?

Just an outsider's thought. Though I get adding color to every panel would require a lot of extra effort (for an already stressful job). And monochrome puts emphasis on line work, form is of equal (or arguably greater) importance to the shades that may fill it.

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

yes

However it seems pacing is comparable to Baldr Sky...and that VN was slower than Trails, so yeah...

-Not that I would know that 😅, and won't. Maybe after Falcom is 115% finished with the overarching story.😝

VNs are still mostly an enigma to me, 13S aside. ...How much pure nonstop reading can you personally do before you feel your first *yawn* coming on? How long until you want to get up and stretch?😆

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Aren't manga covers kinda disappointing b/c the contents are all black & white?

nah.

If anything it makes the covers more special!

.How much pure nonstop reading can you personally do before you feel your first *yawn* coming on?

Depends on how good it is and how invested i am.

Like "recently" Tsukihime Re i could get on it 5-7 hours no problem. I even had a 10h session once?

How long until you want to get up and stretch?😆

That i usually try to do anyway.

Edited by Codename Shrimp

24 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

So they can become Men on the field

[Googles them] Ofc they're from Bern, I knew FE7 would come back to haunt me.

Seems like they'll have their work cut out for 'em, though.

22 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

So worth paying ticket for or nah

I had a cinema sub.

Yes if you're the kind of person who'd sing along to Iris

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just an outsider's thought. Though I get adding color to every panel would require a lot of extra effort (for an already stressful job). And monochrome puts emphasis on line work, form is of equal (or arguably greater) importance to the shades that may fill it.

And would Super Saiyan be as impactful if Dragonball had been colour to begin with?

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

VNs are still mostly an enigma to me, 13S aside. ...How much pure nonstop reading can you personally do before you feel your first *yawn* coming on? How long until you want to get up and stretch?😆

Depends on the text.

Arguably the circumstance too, would probably be less willing to get out of my seat if I'm on a bus for instance

1 minute ago, Benice said:

[Googles them] Ofc they're from Bern, I knew FE7 would come back to haunt me.

Seems like they'll have their work cut out for 'em, though.

Zephiel would take years to get them ready to desolate Europe Elibe

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Zephiel would take years to get them ready to desolate Europe Elibe

But they can only really be defeated if their opponent wins eight Friendlies they unlock by winning games in specific ways!

9 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Depends on how good it is and how invested i am.

Like recently Tsukihime Re i could get on it 5-7 hours no problem. I even had a 10h session once?

9 - nine - i could barely go an hour imouto route aside

😮

...I can't even imagine that.

Not sure whether that means a VN not clicking with you is worse or less bad than a more-interactive game that doesn't either.🤔

9 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

That i usually try to do anyway.

Get an exercise bike? -Were it not for the fact that humans don't multitask well, and putting the pedal to the metal even at a gentle-yet-serious pace would prevent full cognitive investment in the work of fiction before you.😑

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And would Super Saiyan be as impactful if Dragonball had been colour to begin with?

I have no idea.😅 Though I think I get what you're saying. No color can make give the dramatic more pizzazz?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Depends on the text.

And which part of the text. Though Megaton Musashi had plenty of 🤩😄 story moments for me, there were a small number of related 🥱 instances for me.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Arguably the circumstance too, would probably be less willing to get out of my seat if I'm on a bus for instance

But then the story would have a chance of knocking you off your feet. Maybe when the bus makes that upcoming left turn.

...I can't even imagine that.

I...read a lot.

VNs have the extra bonus of providing me with music and visuals, which enhances everything instead of me trying to search for music that fits and trying to imagine  everything xD

Not sure whether that means a VN not clicking with you is worse or less bad than a more-interactive game that doesn't either.

Depends?

Thing is with VNs, it all depends on the story/writing. There's usually no pesky gameplay getting in the way.

And yes i am using "getting in the way" because many of the games lauded for their stories end up having absolutely unplayble gameplay - including the dear franchise whose Forum we are in. And the story ends up meh anyway. With VNs they can put all the focus on the story.

When it comes to other vidya, most of the time i can tune out/skip the story if it's bad and enjoy the gameplay. I can't skip bad gameplay however.

Then again i don't read that many VNs - max 2 or 3 a year. In good months i play as much games in a month xD

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Get an exercise bike?

Parents have one - not fun

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

And yes i am using "getting in the way" because many of the games lauded for their stories end up having absolutely unplayble gameplay - including the dear franchise whose Forum we are in. And the story ends up meh anyway. With VNs they can put all the focus on the story.

Geez, I need an explanatory game from you.😏

10 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

I...read a lot.

-Not exactly a bad thing!😉

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Geez, I need an explanatory game from you

Not the only one kek - nor would it be my top pick for unacceptable gameplay xD

Edited by Codename Shrimp

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Would it be a good idea to wait for the new Rayearth and throw the two together in SRW?😛

If they ever do the whole Isekai concept again, they could might as well use both, yeah.

On that subject, I kinda agree on the somewhat popular notion that Rayearth not appearing in X was missed potential. On the other hand, T did it magnifique with the side trips to Cephiro. Like in the older games where you could get whisked to Byston Well. Or in Compact 3's case, both Byston Well and Escaflowne's Gaia.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

There's a radio in it. In the 1700's. Juste can put it in his room.

Everything about this castle is messy, this is why mortals shouldn't handle Dracula's power.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A car without asphalt roads can still drive places (as long as it has gas/electricity). A radio without radio stations can do ...what? Find a room in Drac's castle filled with alphabetic monsters and pick up on the unexplained ominous?

I mean, it's long been a thing that Castlevania can get a little loose with the continuity of spacetime. Anachronistic stuff ain't that out there (Frankenstein's Monster in the very first game, anyone?), and then there's the whole concept of Judgement where it gets thrown out the window.

Now I'm reminded how the 64 games had skeletons riding motorcycles. In the mid 1800's. Cool and all... but yeah, anachronistic. XD

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The single issue Evangelical voters just fell to their knees at the Cracker Barrel.

(He specifically said six weeks is too short of a window, which is funny because the Evangelicals want no weeks).

I know what you are.

I mean, like that statement about how he "had no choice but to support EV's".

As many have stated, he sells himself to the biggest bidder.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Oh god by the time Civ XIV comes out we'll all be old enough that AMLO could actually be a civ leader

that's such a weird thought...

If that happens, I'd laugh so hard it'd be a good thing I'd likely already be in a hospital bed from the heart attack it'd give me. lol

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it's long been a thing that Castlevania can get a little loose with the continuity of spacetime. Anachronistic stuff ain't that out there (Frankenstein's Monster in the very first game, anyone?),

It does go both ways too, in a loose sense. You can completely forget what time it historically is when you're off inside Drac's castle (or an imitation in the case of Soma's second adventure). I think the only thing in Portrait of Ruin that really reminds you it's WWII is the two London-ish portraits?

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

and then there's the whole concept of Judgement where it gets thrown out the window.

...And through the window comes a Maria obsessed with cleavage.😵‍💫 

Well, Cornell's redesign is nice. And Aeon ain't a bad-looking OC either. -Judgement rerelease when?😝

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now I'm reminded how the 64 games had skeletons riding motorcycles. In the mid 1800's. Cool and all... but yeah, anachronistic. XD

Must've been Hell's Angels. -But don't call them that, as there must be reason (aka, lawsuit) why Atlus renamed its Hell's Angel demon to "Hell Biker" outside of Japan.😛

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that subject, I kinda agree on the somewhat popular notion that Rayearth not appearing in X was missed potential.

Perhaps there's such a thing as too much of something? Like, SRW NEO was a one-time thing. Just because Banpresto could possibly layer similar upon similar upon similar, doesn't mean they should. -You did say before Dunbine is post-script in X, which if they really wanted to maximize the fantasy isekai usage, shouldn't have been the case. And perhaps there was still lingering fatigue from Coffin of the End. SRW does derive some of its enjoyability from narratively shifting chapter by chapter between totally different IPs with very different feels.

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think the only thing in Portrait of Ruin that really reminds you it's WWII is the two London-ish portraits?

I don't know. It's not direct, but the fact the villain is a painter who feels slighted over events that occurred in the previous world war, and wants to plunge the world into darkness to satisfy his personal vendetta sounds awfully striking considering the time frame. Makes me wonder if changes weren't made in development.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Look up the Roper Steam Velocipede, and you have a steam powered cycle from 1867. Alternatively, the Daimler Reitwagen came about in 1885.
While the designs are too modern, the concept is less out of place than you'd think. Likewise, the earliest model of chainsaw was from 1830.
Though all of that's rendered somewhat irrelevant when you consider that Saint Germain, the time traveler from Curse of Darkness, existed and is generally accepted as the reason Hector can create a Gatling Gun in that era.

Alright, the Den of Behemoths. Getting close to the end. Now I'll go and make all the recipes I'm lacking, for a start.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does go both ways too, in a loose sense. You can completely forget what time it historically is when you're off inside Drac's castle (or an imitation in the case of Soma's second adventure). I think the only thing in Portrait of Ruin that really reminds you it's WWII is the two London-ish portraits?

I think so. Though the circus themed portraits could also evoke the 20th century setting.

...And through the window comes a Maria obsessed with cleavage.😵‍💫 

Well, Cornell's redesign is nice. And Aeon ain't a bad-looking OC either. -Judgement rerelease when?😝

Yeah, that was... something.

Perhaps one day I guess, pft.

Perhaps there's such a thing as too much of something? Like, SRW NEO was a one-time thing. Just because Banpresto could possibly layer similar upon similar upon similar, doesn't mean they should. -You did say before Dunbine is post-script in X, which if they really wanted to maximize the fantasy isekai usage, shouldn't have been the case. And perhaps there was still lingering fatigue from Coffin of the End. SRW does derive some of its enjoyability from narratively shifting chapter by chapter between totally different IPs with very different feels.

I suppose.

Yeah, it's a shame that in both X and T Dunbine its postscript. I think in the 3DS games they weren't. Or at least in one. But still, such a shame. At least T has New Tale of Neo Byston Well and it does go through its story for the most part, so that's something.

37 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I don't know. It's not direct, but the fact the villain is a painter who feels slighted over events that occurred in the previous world war, and wants to plunge the world into darkness to satisfy his personal vendetta sounds awfully striking considering the time frame. Makes me wonder if changes weren't made in development.

Actually, Brauner is meant to be based on a different painter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Brauner

Of course it had to be a Romanian one.

37 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Look up the Roper Steam Velocipede, and you have a steam powered cycle from 1867. Alternatively, the Daimler Reitwagen came about in 1885.
While the designs are too modern, the concept is less out of place than you'd think. Likewise, the earliest model of chainsaw was from 1830.
Though all of that's rendered somewhat irrelevant when you consider that Saint Germain, the time traveler from Curse of Darkness, existed and is generally accepted as the reason Hector can create a Gatling Gun in that era.

The motorcycles in C64 were clearly combustion engine composed and electric (they have a front light), so still anachronistic. Even so, the games take place in the 1840's and 1850's. So still a little too early for even steam powered.

Same for the chainsaw. The one that appears in the games is also the more modern kind, not meant to be appropriate for the time period.

I'd say Saint Germain is part of it. But the Castle can also tap into similar powers due to Chaos and all that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Modern game industry moment is when the branch studio that released the new Visions of Mana got immediately shut down.

Speaking of MTL VNs, I still left one unfinished...

image.png?ex=66d2865d&is=66d134dd&hm=b0e

Should I become a redeemable monster or remain irredeemable?

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Because Castlevania isn't SMT-Persona.😜

Is this a good thing?

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I got some serious use out of one in the early-midgame when I played Nocturne. Nocturne bosses actually have MP stats which they need for their spells, and Daisoujou's MP is low enough that I actually had my Incubus use Energy Drain on him until he ran out. The mummified monk got screwed. Also, I'm told the first Persona Q gets broken by Impure Reach, and Incubus is like the first Sub-Persona to have it.

Draining MP to kill/nullify a boss, classic

So I guess even mainline SMT is not immune to old JRPG tricks

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Geez, I need an explanatory game from you.😏

Literally me with Path of Radiance

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Oh hey Champions League draw is out, in all it's new format glory

Liverpool can't escape Madrid

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

UZSE44f.png

🤔

2nd highest rated VN of all time...

But also needs a prequel that's not so highly rated and together 100h...

What are you waiting for???

shia-la-beouf-just-do-it.gif

92qyu2vc0hs71.png

And here's the old full version

YeRn8.jpeg

4 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Muv-Luv Extra is about 20 hours. It's the romcom you have to play first before Unlimited and Alternative.

4 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

han2jr535old1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=8c25885b1

Epic

KOHA_T01C.png

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Couldn't hate the film with the amount of tracks I sang under my breath to as it went.

So it's a musical to boot?

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Cognitive dissonance, someone convinced that that result could lead to reduced life expectancy, accelerationists, something else in policy that they prefer that being anti-reproduction full stop isn't relevant to, just off the top of my head. probably as many reasons as there are those who'd hold the two views in tandem in practice.

IcDBPnt.gif

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If that happens, I'd laugh so hard it'd be a good thing I'd likely already be in a hospital bed from the heart attack it'd give me. lol

LMAO

21 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

Should I become a redeemable monster or remain irredeemable?

Consent is poggers, stay redeemable!

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Modern game industry moment is when the branch studio that released the new Visions of Mana got immediately shut down.

*Checks*

Chinese mega company shutting down a Japanese branch. Well, at least it's not Square doing it ...and they couldn't because Japanese labor laws I think?

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think so. Though the circus themed portraits could also evoke the 20th century setting.

Nation of Fools and Burnt Paradise, those were things.😐 The weird shapes made them a tad cumbersome to traverse, and the music for Nation of Fools was a bad ear worm. Decidedly modern, decidedly ...nihilistic? Am I reading too much into them if they're post-WWI pessimistic commentary, on the horrors humanity had wrought, in the name of what was seen at the start of WWI as "sane" and "noble" ideas- like fighting to the death for one's country?🤔

58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perhaps one day I guess, pft.

I like it that they threw Dracula X into the GBA collection, and Haunted Castle into the DS one. Because the thing about old franchises, is that they often had these weird spinoffs/weaker entries. And if you wanted to preserve these, well they aren't capable of being tossed together into an "Et Cetera Collection" and sold at a profit- who would want to buy them?🤔 Will Capcom ever save Mega Man Soccer (-to pick something random off the top of my head)?

...And maybe it's because I don't have that much attachment to him or anything, but I think I'm okay now with Simon's redesign?😆 

simon-full.png

-Or maybe I'm too tolerant.😅 Or not b/c Judgment's take on Death is still unforgivable.

Either way, I'm only now discovering that Judgment's -overwhelmingly remixes- OST is fairly good.😄