Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

BBC getting the One Piece rights because they want to be the ones with control over Pirates, how British of them /s

It's just good business.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

medium-26f5b06473b7f51ca33d6665f39dcd96.

Unexpected shrimp art of the day.

-Two couples in Australia will be legally wedded in a Cult of the Lamb themed ceremony. Interesting PR.😀

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Funny to see it even survived the Fall of Rome,

The whip cannot be bound, for it does the binding.😛

-The following year after Pope Gelasius I issued his ban on Lupercalia, 496, he declared Feb 14th would be Saint Valentine's Day. Although, it is very possible this is pure coincidence 😝, as Valentine's Day for centuries (the records suggest not until the High or Late Middle Ages) had absolutely nothing to do with love.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

as did the Senate. Truly a cockroach of Rome the Senate.

Local Councils of (Elite) Elders have been a thing throughout human history, and still are in some places. Even after Julius and Octavian forever changed Rome, the Senate would be there for the bigwigs to occupy. -But even the Roman Senate would be dissolved at some unrecorded moment in the late 500s AD.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

BBC getting the One Piece rights because they want to be the ones with control over Pirates, how British of them /s

Controlled pirates are not pirates, they're "privateers".😉

Bye for now, X. It's never final...

14 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

A patch got leaked last year lol. That one has been long on my list as well

I knew about that (they had a meltdown in various discord channels lol), but I was waiting for the quality check

image.png?ex=66d38f47&is=66d23dc7&hm=86e

Well, maybe I'll give it a go

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Now this is what i am talking about

More Anelace is always welcome, she kinda fizzles out after SC prologue. And contrary to what she wants you to think, she is not invincible in the 3rd

I'll take more maid Joshua and Princess Cecilia too, thank you

13 hours ago, Dayni said:

There are people who'd want to see the US collapse on itself and see this as a way to it. I consider that idea to have issues.

Oh I know this, I was just doubting their participation in this particular context

The internet will gaslight me into getting Metaphor Day 1 won't it lol

But then i will only have 2 weeks to finish it before Ys x, and 2 weeks before it is Echoes of Wisdom lol

2 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

but I was waiting for the quality check

same, but i don't think we will ever get it lol

2 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

she is not invincible in the 3rd

Hersey!

She's too cute to be not invincible!

...or is she?

13 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

Bye for now, X. It's never final

Adios.

Can't even use a VPN either or else Brazil will fine you $8000 a day.

10 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The internet will gaslight me into getting Metaphor Day 1 won't it lol

It's Persona but the schedules are reversed and the MC actually talks but it's still Persona so reason to be wary.

The devs also said it's outright impossible to see everything in one run, which is really funny when you contrast it to Unicorn Overlord earlier in the year, a game made specifically designed so that you can see everything in one run.

Just now, Armagon said:

Can't even use a VPN either or else Brazil will fine you $8000 a day.

...excuse moi

Just now, Armagon said:

but it's still Persona so reason to be wary.

Exactly. Persona mechanics aside, everything looks right up my alley. Even the battles look fun.

But i really am not in the mood for any sim, bonding or time management bullshit. And i doubt i ever will be. I can barely tolerate FE's support system as it is and rather see it gone lmao.

The fantasylitics, gameplay and the mind fuckery that seems to be going on however....

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The devs also said it's outright impossible to see everything in one run, which is really funny when you contrast it to Unicorn Overlord earlier in the year, a game made specifically designed so that you can see everything in one run.

I would mind see "everything not possible" in one run if the runs were different enough, ya know, and not just a few slides somewhere.

EU: We're upset with your carryon Musk.

Brazil: Já chega, seu maluco

The consequence of trying to go for "inappropriate VPN use" is the most fascinating part of this, in terms of consequences.

On 8/30/2024 at 7:38 PM, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wraith reading Howls from the Dark Ages:

IMG_3140.png

Wait why?

23 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is the shrimp holding the snail's tongue? That snail is very comfortable to allow that.

And I'm certain this isn't the first video game to promote itself with actual weddings.

-The following year after Pope Gelasius I issued his ban on Lupercalia, 496, he declared Feb 14th would be Saint Valentine's Day. Although, it is very possible this is pure coincidence 😝, as Valentine's Day for centuries (the records suggest not until the High or Late Middle Ages) had absolutely nothing to do with love.

What a fun coincidence.

And I only say that because it's far enough for me to presume a direct link mightn't be there.

Local Councils of (Elite) Elders have been a thing throughout human history, and still are in some places. Even after Julius and Octavian forever changed Rome, the Senate would be there for the bigwigs to occupy. -But even the Roman Senate would be dissolved at some unrecorded moment in the late 500s AD.

It certainly feels that way in some places even where you can choose your representatives

Even it couldn't last forever, the fall was inevitable.

(I'm in a bit of a mood with inevitable finality apparently)

Controlled pirates are not pirates, they're "privateers".😉

Tomato, tomato.

22 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Bye for now, X. It's never final...

(The site that was once a bird turned letter)

I'd like to ask your thoughts on this. if that's not a problem.

22 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Oh I know this, I was just doubting their participation in this particular context

Multifaceted nihilists

Edited by Dayni

Just now, Codename Shrimp said:

would mind see "everything not possible" in one run if the runs were different enough, ya know, and not just a few slides somewhere.

I think they said it's the dungeons at least.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Two couples in Australia will be legally wedded in a Cult of the Lamb themed ceremony. Interesting PR.😀

I didn't know i was getting married, and in Australia of all places 🤔

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think they said it's the dungeons at least.

If enough dungeons it might be slightly worth it. Depending on game length also, and knowing Atlus....yeah, no.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

The consequence of trying to go for "inappropriate VPN use" is the most fascinating part of this, in terms of consequences

So turns out they reversed it.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Doctor Who has gone on for long that the 1968 episode set in a futuristic 2018 and the 2018 episodes set in actual 2018 are part of the same canon.

To be fair, when your series has time travel, you can get away with it.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

1g45HIg.png

Nah, I'm more on the Pathetic camp.

Edited by Venger_06

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wait why?

Because most of the stories were horrendously written and I was foolish enough to buy it thinking it would be at least decent.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

18 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

I'll let someone else speak for me this time. I may not agree with Greenwald in a buch of things, but I respect him for always standing his ground.

(What was once a thread is now hidden for security reasons)

If you are interested in more information (and don't mind using a translator for things in Portuguese), Greenwald spent the last week talking about the case and our wannabe dictator. Just go to his account. If you don't have an account on the site or don't want to create one, you can use Nitter.

Sadly, nitter's dead for a good while.

I'll be upfront: the amount of enabling of toxicity and I'd argue discourse rigging that's been blatant under Musk's time over Twitter/X ain't exactly going to endear me to the outcome of not dealing with their legal obligations (which at least on the legal representative side seems evenly enforced?). As for censorship of political figures, they already caved elsewhere and for a long time (not just the last few years), so on that you can accuse the judge/Brazillian state of responding to the lack of response there and I'm not going to dig on the due process part of that without getting more into what was asked in this case and how similar stuff was handled elsewhere, but this being the ends (aka what they were wanting to get out of it) for twitter banning ain't great. With Starlink, that's arguably a consequence of both being owned by the same man and we all know he's bad for welching on payment of his dues, but still ain't great to be insisting on the costs being paid by Starlink. As to this guy I'd call him naive on Twitter/X being that free and private place because it doesn't fit it on a design level to begin with. It's a platform that was built as a microblog and the sharing of information is couched in algorithmic fiddling, so it doesn't quite read as the front page of the internet it's proponents would claim it to be. The VPN stuff and how you enforce it is very much constant surveillance and I've a distaste for that, let me be clear. It's that or VPN ban, which yeah do not agree. Though that looks to be removed from it now? Would like to hear the official why on that, if only because it'd be fair to critique.

Overall, I'll agree that the actions being used is overreach, worth calling out, but I won't cry for X's selective censorship or playing countries as long as it feels it can get away with it and getting a ban for their trouble. Biased? Yes, I'll say it. Least this might actually allow for other platforms to build, Twitter has been an issue for a while, even before 2022.

18 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

It's only a problem if you can't stand to hear rants from the other side of the political spectrum

I prefer to read in text format for politics anyways

12 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Because most of the stories were horrendously written and I was foolish enough to buy it thinking it would be at least decent.

...On the house.

https://c.tenor.com/zqkZyhVIQp4AAAAC/tenor.gif

Edited by Dayni

9 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

I'll let someone else speak for me this time. I may not agree with Greenwald in a buch of things, but I respect him for always standing his ground.

I admittedly do not know what's really going on with Brazil's politics right now but I do wanna say that if everything was the same except Brazil was under a right-wing government, Muskrat would've complied. He did so when Turkey (or was it Hungary) asked him to throttle the accounts of the opposition.

It's why I know his beef with Maduro is inauthentic. He claims to fight for Venezuelan freedom but actively supports Putin, one of Maduro's best buddies.

Well shit, I was wrong. The Switch's touchscreen works just fine for the Dominus Collection. Albus teleport bullshit is still on the menu. Wonderful.

I also noticed a tiny flaw this collection has.
You know how in Richter Mode in Portrait of Ruin it was really annoying that you had to swap between sub weapons with the Select button, seeing how that one is rather awkward to press. Especially if you have to cycle through like half a dozen of sub weapons.

Sounds tempting to just use the wrapper to swap the functionality of the Select button with another button for this mode. But the button mapping feature doesn't account for this very specific function. You can swap the new functionality of the Select button during the main game, that to swap the order of the two secondary screens. But that won't affect the sub weapon swap in the bonus modes.

Probably an easy mistake to make, considering that in the original game, the Select button doesn't even have any functionality during the main game.

It also shows that the button mapping is tailored to the specific functions of the buttons in different contexts, rather then simply swapping the buttons with each other completely. Which would have been the easier thing to do.
I get the sense that the devs really went the extra mile with this collection. They probably did a lot more then just putting a bunch of roms together. They did a really good job.

I think Julius Mode in Dawn of Sorrow used a different button for sub weapons. So it's probably not a problem there.

Edited by BrightBow

Damm, I'll never be this cool.

3 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

nitter.poast.org

👀

Me getting this message today after Nitter was dead for months:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/134924d2-35f4-4470-b9ec-880e28ec7907/dfp9rdi-726e3cde-a231-4af4-bbe3-3f28715f11fb.png/v1/fill/w_770,h_978,q_80,strp/i_lived_bitch_by_birdkopng_dfp9rdi-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9OTc4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMTM0OTI0ZDItMzVmNC00NDcwLWI5ZWMtODgwZTI4ZWM3OTA3XC9kZnA5cmRpLTcyNmUzY2RlLWEyMzEtNGFmNC1iYmUzLTNmMjg3MTVmMTFmYi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NzcwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.jxa-NnkgPbTyhlpBfxjnscfjZUfBhUV7ch_soaLVRM8

28 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well shit, I was wrong. The Switch's touchscreen works just fine for the Dominus Collection. Albus teleport bullshit is still on the menu. Wonderful.

Oh great, so it's got touchscreen shenaniganry. Add this with TWEWY and Ghost Trick to the DS list. Should get a list of touchscreen games come to think of it.

29 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I get the sense that the devs really went the extra mile with this collection. They probably did a lot more then just putting a bunch of roms together. They did a really good job.

Anyone confirm that death glitch was fixed out of curiosity?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I admittedly do not know what's really going on with Brazil's politics right now but I do wanna say that if everything was the same except Brazil was under a right-wing government, Muskrat would've complied. He did so when Turkey (or was it Hungary) asked him to throttle the accounts of the opposition.

It's why I know his beef with Maduro is inauthentic. He claims to fight for Venezuelan freedom but actively supports Putin, one of Maduro's best buddies.

Okay, but can we at least agree that online censorship is bad whether a right-wing, left-wing, or centrist government is doing it?

34 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

Okay, but can we at least agree that online censorship is bad whether a right-wing, left-wing, or centrist government is doing it?

I agree, the problem is that Muskrat's idea of free speech is "you can be racist without any consequences" and then he wonders why nobody's advertising on Twitter anymore. 

Someone hacked into the code a while back and found that all the racist far-right Twitter accounts that blame everything on black people are specially protected by Twitter but if you say "cisgender" your post gets taken down.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Anyone confirm that death glitch was fixed out of curiosity?

In my case I play the European version, where it should be fixed either way. So I got nothing to contribute there.

Though I can't help but notice that I got through a whole playthrough without any crashes. Which is very different from my experience back on the original hardware.

Can't pull off the invisible sub weapon glitch either. I know this one could be used to freeze the game 100% of the time.
Could of course just be that I don't perform it correctly. It's been a while, after all.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

the problem is that Muskrat's idea of free speech is "you can be racist without any consequences"

There is a natural consequence to being openly racist, which is that you lose the respect of your peers who aren't racist. Since this describes most people, it is a fairly substantial consequence. But assuming you're willing to brave this, then there should be no legal consequences, since from a legal standpoint racist speech is simply speech, and a law which says otherwise is an illegitimate law. Being an asshole is not in itself a criminal offense.

Deplatforming normally describes actions taken by a private company. If nothing else they have freedom of association protections justifying said actions, though I'd say this is a flimsy justification for a publicly traded company as opposed to a private individual. But a government cannot so choose which of its citizens to "associate with", and a hypothetical government-run platform would, by any sensible understanding of free speech, be limited in what content it could take down. Since the Brazilian government tried to press its thumb on the scales regarding Twitter's internal moderation for Brazilian users, it must also exercise restraint in how it presses its thumb on the scales. The state cannot use its influence over private companies to circumvent guardrails on its behavior affecting the constitutional rights of its citizens, or at least not if the country isn't a banana republic.

Brazil's actions are illegal under Title II, Chapter 1, Article 5, Section IV of its own constitution, assuming the free speech rights enshrined are anywhere near as exhaustive as those under the First Amendment of the US Federal Constitution. Musk refused to appoint a legal representative because Brazil had already threatened the previous one with arrest because she wouldn't re-suspend the reinstated Twitter accounts (so she resigned), and any new representative would be forced basically at gunpoint to comply. Maybe Musk is a fan of Putin, and maybe he did comply with censorship rules in other countries. But in this specific instance, he is the defender of free speech. In this specific instance he is the good guy, and general criticisms of him ought to be separated from criticizing the stance he is currently taking in Brazil.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Someone hacked into the code a while back and found that all the racist far-right Twitter accounts that blame everything on black people are specially protected by Twitter but if you say "cisgender" your post gets taken down.

Color me skeptical, because I've seen Tumblr-style posts on Twitter before. Perhaps Twitter's algorithms disfavor such posts, which if true is unfair because social media algorithms ought to be impartial and simply match people with the content they want to see.

Edited by Hrothgar777