• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh, this DLC map of SRW X really went places.

Spoiler

A map where you actually control usual bad guys. This is the party lineup:

Wolfgang
Vuitton
Mifune
Hoi Kow Lu
Yazan
Rakan

I think this would actually be the first time Rakan is playable, even if for a DLC map. He does show up as an NPC ally during one map in Masaki's route of SRW EX, but he's not actually playable, if I recall. Funnily enough, it was also with Yazan, just like here in SRW X. Then again, it might be intentional.

Anyway, it's not a big or varied lineup, but still neat. Though I am a bit disappointed the Mightgaine baddies didn't had their subordinates as sub-pilots, even though they're clearly there too.

As it is, it's not actually new for SRW. Going all the way back to Shu's route in SRW EX this was already done as a concept, and for more than one map. Then the Special Disc edition of SRW Z also had something of a side campaign where you controlled antagonistic characters too. And more recently, V also had that one DLC map where you played with G-Hound before they could potentially join Earth Fleet Tenku.

Still, not a bad thing to do every now and then.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh look, someone has their Titanic (1912-) Lego set up for after it's launch.

(look, I laughed, it's terrible of me)

Edit: Just realised, it's the 1st night of September. It's the 25th anniversary of advanced darkness, enemies buying from shops and capture bait. Happy Thracialius.

50 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

Everyone here is corrupt. Before any kind of political ideology, all the big political figures just want power and to stay in power. Although they were at odds in the past, they are now helping each other to stay in power. That is why Moraes is stronger than ever, he has carte blanche from the higher ups to do whatever he wants as long as it benefits them. Congress and the Senate could theoretically do something, but those who want to do so have their hands tied by their opposing colleagues.

Hmm, true enough and more evidence of such in "the West" than we give credit for. I'm just there remembering historical behavior here of not wanting your opponent in power, out of fear of them in power or of wanting to keep a hold themselves.

50 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

It's about how opinions on the subject change depending on which perspective one comes from. Like in those tweets I sent, our ruling party was calling him names after Dilma Roussef's impeachment, and now they're kissing his shiny bald head because he's acting accordingly while the opposition fumes.

I figured, but like I said, roles just seemed off to me there.

One person's balanced call is another's influenced decision (in how someone's actions might be percieved), regardless of evidence.

Never think you're immune to your biases.

As for the uniformity of the people in parties, I will not comment.

27 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

But eh, FE fans and toxicity go hand in hand. They don't deserve fun games.

Shrimpy right now:

https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/fatherted/S02E11/gif/OcChO1u4eKcV.gif

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, this DLC map of SRW X really went places.

Reveal hidden contents

A map where you actually control usual bad guys. This is the party lineup:

Wolfgang
Vuitton
Mifune
Hoi Kow Lu
Yazan
Rakan

I think this would actually be the first time Rakan is playable, even if for a DLC map. He does show up as an NPC ally during one map in Masaki's route of SRW EX, but he's not actually playable, if I recall. Funnily enough, it was also with Yazan, just like here in SRW X.

Anyway, it's not a big or varied lineup, but still neat. Though I am a bit disappointed the Mightgaine baddies didn't had their subordinates as sub-pilots, even though they're clearly there too.

As it is, it's not actually new for SRW. Going all the way back to Shu's route in SRW EX this was already done as a concept, and for more than one map. Then the Special Disc edition of SRW Z also had something of a side campaign where you controlled antagonistic characters too. And more recently, V also had that one DLC map where you played with G-Hound before they could potentially join Earth Fleet Tenku.

Still, not a bad thing to do every now and then.

Wonder would someone involved consider a villain focused campaign in a future title.

Edited by Dayni

For how prominent it is, surprisingly Mashin Hero Wataru is not among the very last storylines to be wrapped up. Unlike how it was with Yamato in V.

2024083119515000-s-1.jpg

(3D meaning IRL idols. 2D meaning anyone fictional.)

2D husbandos is my answer.

...Decided to view Megaton's characterization-adding Side Stories today, before shifting away from the game entirely. Didn't see all of them, I'll view the rest tomorrow. Though the latter ones I see are sadly shorter, and I wish there was one more set of these. Tone is consistently on the comedic side for the most part. First one wasn't great, yet the rest have certainly been better, they're not bad.😀

Was good for my mood, despite being 😄 from the Roman history lesson I gave yesterday morning, it fell into self-doubt last night and that carried over into today. A not-unusual shift, if still not pleasant.

Returning to the great question above...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer from the assistant manager of Xseed localization.

😁

I couldn't imagine that they would regress, but it's still GREAT to get concrete confirmation!😁

-I would like it if they didn't show off the wedding pics in advance this time.😆 -Though I get doing so with RF5, being it was the first time, had drive it home.😉 I don't expect any CGs nor character portraits this time, like Tides of Destiny, yet I would still prefer if they only recycled SubaruxKaguya when advertising that you can wed in this game. That way the magic of seeing the event when one finally reaches it would be more intact.

HOWEVER, I would totally like it if the game's opening had m-m (and f-f to be equal) "flirtation" in it.😘 Rune Factory 5 -understandably b/c it was added in an update in Japan- always presented the bachelorettes in relation to Ares and the bachelors in relation to Alice, in its two openings. If they showcase all the love interests in the opening -as Rune Factory has ever since RFF- and they choose to put any measure of "flirtation" into it- like RF5's first opening having Ludmilla lunge towards Ares who has Fuuka grabbing onto his back, and Alice faint b/c thirst between Martin and Cecil. Then, I would like just one s/s instance on both sides alongside any heteroromantic "flirtations". -The opening is the first thing anyone (who isn't impatient😅) see of the game in the game itself. It would make a bolder, more open statement if a dev in one of these games, alluded to the s/s possibility in such an upfront way. ...Or so I think would be the case?😆

Hopefully they also fix Valentine's & White Day this time. They didn't account for s/s love when featuring the two holidays in RF5, the result being White Day was a total repeat of VDay, on both days you could go on a date with anyone you're dating and everyone will give and take cookies from you. (The Friends of Mineral Town remake handled it better IMO- the girls give gifts regardless of the protagonist's gender and the guys take gifts -regardless of the protagonist's gender- on VDay. For White Day, the roles were reversed.) Ideally, they just abolish White Day, but this is a Japan-made game, with a fictional Japan setting. Yet Nippon's twin romance holidays break down when queer relationships enter the picture.

I did try to get a look at the guys during the latest trailer -but it was too short and these brief first appearances I couldn't read very much from at all.😅 And it didn't show all  the interests either I would certainly think.

...I know, this turned into me blabbing to no end.😆

Alright, I unlocked the choice to head to the True End path. Though, as with V, I'm not taking it for this first playthrough.

Aw yeah, I can feel it. The Gurren Lagann finale is near... time to set our drills to PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I would imagine you may have already seen this @Armagon:

With the popularity of Vanillaware titles, would XSEED Games ever consider remastering Muramasa: The Demon Blade or Grand Knights History for current-generation platforms?

Hosoi: “This is a question we get asked quite frequently at game shows. All I can really say is I wish we could! We’re all fans of Vanillaware, as everyone should be, and both titles mentioned would be a great addition. If we’re ever given the opportunity, it’d be a fun party for us!”

...Either Marvelous Japan or Vanillaware must be the holdup.

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, I unlocked the choice to head to the True End path. Though, as with V, I'm not taking it for this first playthrough.

-A curious choice. Although, as long as everything still ends well -that there isn't a greater price paid for not choosing the True- then I guess I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

-A curious choice. Although, as long as everything still ends well -that there isn't a greater price paid for not choosing the True- then I guess I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

Pretty much. For the most part, when SRW does this kind of ending splits, it is basically "good vs very good". Not in the sense of FE where you know there's still some things left hanging (like Idunn). But like there is still a satisfying conclusion, even if still not quite ideal.

Oh, I think I might be able to finish the game tomorrow. Just three scenarios left. Then again, they are the final ones, so they're bound to be lengthy, heh.

Turns out the Birthday Cake in Portrait of Ruin has been renamed to Sunday Cake and can be purchased every Sunday. Goddamn, they really thought of everything.
Also especially good news for everyone born on February 29th.
So Happy Sunday then.

I suppose if all the really malicious bugs have been fixed in all versions, the US version is actually the way to go.
Because the item duplication glitch is very much appreciated. 
The quest system is one of the worst of it's kind ever invented and the way money is handled in this series always sucks. So being able to circumvent those is great.
Also, being able to buy two copies of the Mastery Ring also makes the sub weapon skill system a lot less dumb.

Edited by BrightBow

First Z3, now X... RIP Kittan. Seems not even SRW can save you.

... also, excuse me, WTF!?

Spoiler

Black Noir

has an Ace Bonus!? Since when that was a thing!?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

>Brazil orders Twitter to ban Nazi accounts 

>Elongated refuses 

>Twitter gets banned across Brazil

>The seven Nazi accounts that Brazil wanted banned were Brazilian in origin (we know this because Muskrat doxxed them).

>Those seven accounts lose access anyways.

Masterful gambit sir.

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

These results........

Not my state but will be felt accross the whole country.

Man

wth

Wanna know something worse? We're two months away from the most vital shift in history.

Well, today's plans means I have to cut short my weekend SRW foray. Guess I'll really be finishing it next weekend.

Also, decided to get Xenoblade 3 already, just in case.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Brazil orders Twitter to ban Nazi accounts 

>Elongated refuses 

>Twitter gets banned across Brazil

>The seven Nazi accounts that Brazil wanted banned were Brazilian in origin (we know this because Muskrat doxxed them).

>Those seven accounts lose access anyways.

Masterful gambit sir.

Musk is still one of the richest men in the world. Even if Twitter were to actually cease to exist, this would still be true, or at least he'd still be a multi-billionaire. The real losers are 40 million Brazilians who, having done nothing wrong, are being collectively punished by their own government. Hopefully this will prove a wake-up call to the fact that there're far, far more dangerous threats to a free society than a handful of right-wing dudes with internet access.

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

These results........

Not my state but will be felt accross the whole country.

Man

wth

Now I'm guessing you live in Germany. If it's any consolation, they only won a plurality in Thuringia and not even that in Saxony.

So today, while reading manga i stumbled upon

OeArwde.png

Which had me going

493647401375236099.webp?size=128&quality496478133785198604.webp?size=128&quality

And decided to do some search for a bit and stumbled upon

was an interesting listen.

55 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

Now I'm guessing you live in Germany. If it's any consolation, they only won a plurality in Thuringia and not even that in Saxony.

No one get's majority alone over here - it doesn't happen. Usually parties have to work together to form a government.

Most parties also, rightfully, refuse to work with the Nazis.

But not only are they around 30% in both states, and in Thuringia they have a blocking minority, there's also BSW to consider, which, despite being seen as "Lefties" (LMAO) share quite few points with the nazis. In Thuringia both together have 49% - that gives them more than 50% of the seats.

It's a total shitshow.

And they still have more than 30% in saxony - and CDU over there is really pushing to work with them and only federal CDU is blocking that - but federal CDU under Merz is already going hard right anyway. If that happens it will open the floodgates for next years federal elections

There's no consolation to be had here - Everyone already knew it's gonna happen yet it still fucking sucks.

Edited by Codename Shrimp

I'm planning to do a 769 Charlie run

I'll try a Frisia run next. Maybe grab the Good Old Days achievements