Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wonder if these would be brought back, or simply forgotten and tossed aside. They have no story, unlike the BS FE stuff.

I guess if we continue the model of having repeatable skirmish maps in the main campaign, then Trial Maps would feel superfluos.

Although, Engage did had Trial Maps, in a way. Just not gated to the post-game. 

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I used the number 25 with Roy as the only constant to allude to Melee. Because Roy truly isn't a Fire Emblem character.😝

But he'll always be our boy!

Well, the manga didn't introduce that many, at least that could count as "playable", hahaha.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20241002203302-1.jpg

-Using explosives to trigger earthquakes that cause magma to rise to the surface.🤔 Who wrote this manual?

More Terra Nil screenshots...

Spoiler

2024-10-02-21-18-26.png

Region three is the polar landscape. That's cool to me.😃

20241002212001-1.jpg

I didn't realize that creating lava on the high ground would cause it to descend like a river to the lower ground.😮

Though I do need the lava here, considering wind turbines aren't an option and I have to rely on geothermal plants for this map. Though I can't overdo it on the hot stuff, else I excessively destroy the space needed for the biomes.

20241002214329-1.jpg

Triggering the conditions for snowfall to occur (Humidity must be sufficiently high, Toxicity sufficiently low, Temperate below -5*C) really cleans up the map. The restorative powers of precipitation. (Though how does solid water cleanse the environment when in a polar climate it shouldn't always immediately wash away?)

20241002215427-1.jpg

-The aurora is always pretty. (Sounds silly locking its appearance behind near-zero Toxicity though.😛)

The Tundra biome tripped me up. For some reason I don't understand, it demands the higher ground.😕 On my first attempt of this map I accidentally covered the high ground with Boreal Forest, and decided to just redo the map instead of waste resources burning the Boreal Forest and then growing Tundra in its place.

20241002223328-1.jpg

Jeez narwhals need it cold.🤨 (I was going to say "why does it have to be below freezing when they live in the ocean?". -But then I remembered that 0*C is the freezing point of freshwater, and the ocean is salty.)

This map had me playing around with the Temperature, unlike the prior three where I just watched it go up. First, it inevitably goes up as you bring up the lava and plop down geothermal plants. -But if you want to optionally trigger glacier formation, you'll need to drop the temperature back down. Yet I had to raise it again to trigger more bonus conditions (the effects of which remain unlocked afterwards, no matter what Temperature/Humidity are changed to), some of which inevitably happened from the controlled burns I was doing. And then I had drop the temp once more reach the 12/12 happy animals requirement. Humidity also had to be controlled, getting it too high too soon for bonus conditions would prevent me from creating Tundra (not sure if there is any IRL reasoning for it).

20241002224122-1.jpg

Generating solid rock from lava and then growing Lichen on them is fascinating. Yet I ended up generating too much useless rock as I didn't understand the requirements that enable irrigators to be converted into colorful lichen-growing machines. The game was too obtuse.🤨

2024-10-02-22-38-30.png

A closeup of polar bears, moose, penguins, and some geese as it snows. This game isn't the prettiest, but it looks nice enough.😀

And it's difficult to see, but there are Kelp Forests beneath the water, can't ignore the marine world entirely.

Well, the last few days have sucked. Am not feeling well, it's impacted my week. Rather not get into too much detail.

4 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Level up!

Apathy + 1

Depression + 1

Sadness + 2

Life hating + 1

Weight Loss + 3

Boredom + 5

Career + 1

Pretty shitty lvl up all things considered

Hope you've got something good planned at least.

Also, 400+% growth in boredom? dang.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sometimes FEH cooks up a five-star meal because good lord.

https://media.tenor.com/bXsHh7dntnIAAAAM/noahs-arc-you-need-to-resist-temptation.gif

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hope you've got something good planned at least

not really

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, 400+% growth in boredom? dang.

work life moment.

Atleast i am losing weight, which is nice.

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Level up!

Apathy + 1

Depression + 1

Sadness + 2

Hating Life + 1

Weight Loss + 3

Boredom + 5

Career + 1

🙂

Skip to ~0:56 if the vid isn't already set to that.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This game looks both fascinating and gorgeous.

-I picked it up on a Steam sale a few months back. You can play it as a kind of puzzler (running out of 🍃 points means failure), or you can pick a lower difficulty and simply relax with it. I saw the game got positive reviews when it released and kept it in mind. I know it's not exactly my norm 😅, but I've played games where I enjoy beautiful (virtual) environments, and the sci-fi fan in me likes the concept of engaging in restorative terraformation.🌱

A little more Terra Nil...

Spoiler

2024-10-03-11-55-06.png

A map that actually shows prior human habitation. With power plants and lines still functional.

I like this, though at the same time, I was disappointed to see this region is "Continental" for its climate. No Desert?🌵🥺 -The world map shows only four small continents, each with its own distinct climate: Temperate, Tropical, Polar, Continental. Though I can spin the globe around, which appears strangely empty on the other side. I can pray the dunes lay in distant lands that'll unlock later.

20241003122617-1.jpg

Using the rusted steel of towering buildings as trellises for bamboo forests. A novel idea.

20241003125557-1.jpg

I completed the map, I fulfilled all the bonus conditions -but I'm not happy. This map could've been prettier.🧐

I think it could use more Bamboo Forest, though I burnt some for a quicker Temperature increase than burning less dense vegetation. The issue is that even if you recycle the Bamboo Nursery, you can't plant another in its former spot, nor can you add new skyscrapers (obviously). So you have to designate the area around skyscrapers as Bamboo territory (detoxifying as much of the ground around them before planting the Nursery, as natural passive reproductive expansion of anything isn't a thing in this game), and put the Deciduous Forests -which can be used to spawn the Fynbos (yes this is a real word) biome- elsewhere. 

Thankfully, the animal species that live here mostly like grassland Greenery. Only one species really care about Bamboo

2024-10-03-12-48-18.png

Pandas!🐼

-And since the skyscrapers exist on this map, I'll presume that humanity once densely lived here, that this is a former metropolis. That somehow makes me more willing to accept a not as vibrant renewed environment.

---

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/10/famitsu-sales-9-23-24-9-29-24

Looks like Trails sales in Japan are merely stable, reading the comments. Though Kai apparently outsold Ys X despite the lack of a Switch version.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like Trails sales in Japan are merely stable, reading the comments

The jp fanbase are not happy tho it seems.

They happy my most hated character is back yeah (Him and his Homunculoli which Falcom seems to be semi-canonizing as his waifu seem to top popularity charts even in a different arc), but they do not like the continued stalling and bloat, not to mention they seem to not like the Calvard cast much.

atleast i am glad Rean didn't lead to a sale increase.

From speaking with people tho it seems that the Problem is Kuro 2, not Kai, because almost everyone agrees that if Kai was Kuro 2 it would've been peak or something, but the stalling, pacing, bloat and Kondo lying seems to be getting on everyone's nerves

Also seems Gameplay is the hardest it has been since Sky, which means i won't be THAT pissed off if Arma somehow loves P3

Edited by Codename Shrimp

cubone-build-a-bear-pokemon-plush-arrives-ahead-of-halloween-1.jpg?resize=800,800

Cute.🦴😃

4 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The jp fanbase are not happy tho it seems.

Forget Japan, go West, young man! ...Yes there is a larger potential audience abroad, but abandoning the old guard is risky. And I'm not sure how other Japanese devs' attempts to draw in the West if at the price of the homeland have gone over sales-wise.

They happy my most hated character is back yeah (Him and his Homunculoli which Falcom seems to be semi-canonizing as his waifu seem to top popularity charts even in a different arc),

I did do some vaguest Internet comments-only glimpsing around the time of CS1-3. Some formerly-antagonistic bird boy you mean? -Not that I could care less who it is. I choose to be ice-cold to Trails for the sake of keeping myself away from the unceasing epic until the end has finally arrived. I didn't bother taking a look when it was recently revealed Kai's cosmetic DLC includes bunny suits for the guys. No point when I want the people in them to mean nothing to me.

From speaking with people tho it seems that the Problem is Kuro 2, not Kai, because almost everyone agrees that if Kai was Kuro 2 it would've been peak or something, but the stalling, pacing, bloat and Kondo lying seems to be getting on everyone's nerves

Now this sounds like a shame, a game hindered by something beyond its own merits/lack thereof. Reminding me of how I read that Mega Man Battle Network 5 had bad sales despite being a return to form, supposedly because MMBN4 was terrible.

Kondo wouldn't be the only liar in the industry. I heard something about the Tekken head dood insisting Heihachi was dead for good and wouldn't be returning in 8 ...only to make him wave 1 DLC.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

received_1998106163945858.jpg?ex=670004d

troll-face-creepy-smile.gif?ex=67000524&

Yeah, that Boo is why I lost the last time I played, pft.

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

rpcuxc7ipksd1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=a295c8600

Engage manga cooking

Who?

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

From what i've heard, Daybreak 2 is fine, the problem is that Trails is a series where every entry advances the plot and then here comes Daybreak 2 essentially being a Gaiden plot. While it probably still connects with Kai, it hardly actually advances the plot.

16 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Level up!

Apathy + 1

Depression + 1

Sadness + 2

Hating Life + 1

Weight Loss + 3

Boredom + 5

Career + 1

Pretty shitty lvl up all things considered

+3 Weight Loss is pretty solid at least, and any gain to Career makes for a good gain. Sure there are some gains to some sucky stats, but at least the one you got that disastrous +5 in is the easiest of the lot to deal with 😛 

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've always wanted my movies to be directed by Reddit.

That sounds like it will lead to an awfully boring movie...

Phew...the glut of A suppports that drown you at the start of part 2 is exhausting. I remember this being a problem, but it just lands different when you are in the middle of dealing with it. I kind of wish they offset the time gates of more of these just to space them out a little (I still have 2 gated off for later, but I wish more were...

Okay, finally making it through the Dom Ruins. Reached a Save Point and stopped for now. Could've tried to do the whole thing in one day... but I don't really have the time today.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Some formerly-antagonistic bird boy you mean?

Nope

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Who?

Celine

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

+3 Weight Loss is pretty solid at least

Ye

In that regard i've been doing pretty well. 70% towards my initial goal, halfway towards the big goal!

I do miss tasty food tho.