• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm getting asked what I want next month. My answers so far have been... evasive.😐

Dammit... I cut out more than I wanted to.

Anyhoo, yeah that’s what I keep telling the wife. There isn’t anything I need that I can’t go and buy myself

25 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

With all these harrowing revelations I’m already on my fifth.

I meant to stop at the liquor store and grab a case of beer on the way home, but I didn’t feel like making that u-turn today. 

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With how late I got the Switch, don't expect me to get its successor any time soon either. Granted, I was lured by the SRW VTX trilogy to begin with, so...

Honestly it could just be a PS4 Pro situation. That'd financially make more.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's a waste of brainpower because I'm certain that any hypothesis created from speculation will come crumbling down sooner or later

But at the same time, it'd be good to see how the game went around your expectations. So it's more of keep things in mind.

There is the event viewer to view things in chronological order. It should clear things up (there's a lot lol).

Just now, Armagon said:

Honestly it could just be a PS4 Pro situation. That'd financially make more.

Inb4 it's the Switch U.

54 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

1131434047873233028.webp?size=128&qualit

just-one-drink.gif

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Shrimp-kun you’re drunk, go to bed. Also you can’t consent when you’re drunk.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

I feel I am regaining my writing drive. I think it's more when it comes to writing specific stuff... maybe...

Well, Rorona time.

hkgM5GE.png

You know we have a healer, you don't have to shorten your lifespan to do this

Ok6NOV8.png

I have to wonder why they even bothered to keep the soldiers of Daein alive.

WOqs2Sc.png

Oh Micaiah! You're just like the other white haired protagonist in this series!

...No not that one

Not that one either...

...Theeeere we go, that's the one.

X5apehT.png

Who needs thousands of years long philosophical debates on the nature of good and bad when you can just have otherworldly magic decide?

KnNalNb.png

Reading this as a mixed person is hilarious.

lscxNFt.png

The face of terror.

P66gMsP.png

WHAT THE FUCK, NO!

vdppE7B.png

Shout out to Edward for getting a 4% crit and insta-killing the boss. Micaiah didn't even need that EXP.

GGUQVo0.png

Radiant Dawn, hehe

Also I like these generic soldier designs, they feel unique but not too absurd in the armor.

tV4uWWo.png

I don't speak Japanese, I'm not even sure if the song he was singing was in Japanese, but either way I am endless curious what the lyrics are.

meGHrkT.png

I have a type.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

GGUQVo0.png

Radiant Dawn, hehe

Also I like these generic soldier designs, they feel unique but not too absurd in the armor.

The horns and gilding do give a bit of a veteran/officer vibe. You do need officers to command the regiments.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

tV4uWWo.png

I don't speak Japanese, I'm not even sure if the song he was singing was in Japanese, but either way I am endless curious what the lyrics are.

The written version of the ancient language is a simple cipher, nothing more. The sung version is Japanese -but sung backwards (both word order and the syllables of the words themselves). Not sure if the minor instances of vocalized Galdrar have actual words, or if that's reserved solely for the major cases.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

hkgM5GE.png

You know we have a healer, you don't have to shorten your lifespan to do this

Heal Staffs don't come cheap. That said, would it be counterproductive to use Sacrifice, then a Heal Staff on Micaiah, than just using the Heal Staff on the wounded person to begin with?

Ok6NOV8.png

I have to wonder why they even bothered to keep the soldiers of Daein alive.

Prison Labor I'd wager, but now with the threat of them being liberated to join the rebels...

X5apehT.png

Who needs thousands of years long philosophical debates on the nature of good and bad when you can just have otherworldly magic decide?

Considering things, whoever wrote that was...

P66gMsP.png

WHAT THE FUCK, NO!

It's a swamp (requiring a stealth approach hence why no Jill either), what did you expect?

tV4uWWo.png

Found them:

Spoiler
Endless grief and sorrow.
Hearts slumbering again,
Stars frozen in their place:
Darkness envelopes the land.

But in the spilling of blood,
a hope still glimmers dim.
in a reflection in the water.
in a whisper in the wind.

Gather your courage.
It will break the bonds of night.
take wing, and dance upon the sky.
take wing, and dance upon the sky.

In-game, they're sang backwards in Japanese. I don't think it's a spoiler to know what the lyrics are, but I still put them in a tab, just in case. It should be fine to read them.

meGHrkT.png

I have a type.

Simps?

So the Rito section of totk is cool. Y’all should play this game. The world really does feel lived in, just like Armagon said.

Spoiler

The Stormwind Ark is a pretty cool dungeon in how open it is (a lot of past Zelda dungeons were pretty linear, but you can really go wherever you want here), if a little short. It felt like a divine beast in that aspect, but unlike the divine beasts, it seems like these dungeons are all gonna look different inb4 they’re actually all flying ships. A flying boat in a storm head is a pretty cool dungeon.

The boss was like, really easy, but fighting in the sky is cool.

Tulin’s character arc was so quick for how heavy handed the dialogue was it was kinda funny. Bringing the sages into the dungeons with you and them helping is cool tho.

The stuff they’re doing with Zelda is insanely cool. Time travel is pretty much always cool, after all.

The atmosphere in Rito Village is great. The blizzard, the children running the stores and almost being the only ones there, and the desolate music… good stuff. It gives me Majora’s Mask vibes (the best Zelda).

It seems like Lookout Landing will be getting side quests and new characters after each dungeon, so that’s cool.

Incidentally, whoever came up with the depths needs a raise.

Edited by Sooks

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The world really does feel lived in, just like Armagon said.

You see the vision.

I know the game is open-ended but there's a reason why they nudge you towards Rito Village first, since it helps you come across some of the other recurring questlines, both main and side (you meet Penn already?) and also Hetsu.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The boss

It's peak

When 3:45 hits

Screen_Shot_2019-09-09_at_10.12.43_AM.jp

Edited by Armagon

I can't escape this

image.png

19 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Their gameplay man

ugh

It's just rock paper scissors, bro

19 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I never tried CCC tho due to tl never

English release will be announced next year, you saw here first. Trust the plan, the game's translation being almost complete makes it more likely lol

17 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

cz1wqlm9z5fb1.png7mwvd26bz5fb1.png

WTF, Takahashi based?!

10 hours ago, gnip said:

(Context: Sten upon meeting an Andrastian dwarf: "Hmph. Let them worship whatever they like. The Qun is the only way to enlightenment." I'm souring on him a bit - from S to A tier, really, but it's getting unlikely that he'll be my favourite companion at the end of the game)

Qunari moment

And it only gets worse

10 hours ago, gnip said:

Just finished the last DLC (Return to Orzammar), found some kick-ass equipment that once again really tempts me into a melee role for Heroofferelden since Cailan's sword and shield provides a casual +5 to mana regeneration, but I shall remain steadfast. It makes the prospect of a regular-ass Sword-n-board tank pretty enticing, though.

NOOOOOOO YOU SHOULD'VE WAITED UNTIL YOU FINISHED THE LANDSMEET

Ugh, at least tell me you brought Alistair and Wynne with you, they special dialogue

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

But if she wants Lloyd for herself, why did she have him rub sunscreen on Elie and Rixia too?

Reverse psychology, I chose her and I have no regrets

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

meGHrkT.png

I have a type.

Me too

I just got a random plot bunny. But it's RD related so I'll put it in spoilers, just in case.

Spoiler

I was thinking. What if Ludveck had actually won in his rebellion? Elincia gets ousted... executed or just exiled? In any case, Ludveck is now in charge. And he promptly declares war on Daein. And this happens to coincide with the Laguz Alliance declaring war on Begnion...

How would events develop from there, I wonder...