• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right? I'm going Sacae route and it's actually half decent, it's unbelievable.

If IS does an FE6 remake, I really hope they go for something like Project Ember. Each unit feels usable, even bottom of the barrel units (in vanilla FE6) like Gwendolyn and Wade are perfectly viable with the adjustments made.

And Roy being able to promote to Knight Lord as early as Chapter 7? Amazing.

Edited by twilitfalchion

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow Conquest hard is... hard. I might not be able to play through doing whatever pairings I want and destroying the kids.

Shrimpy you’re a veteran, any tips?

Use your stances right. Knowing when to use Attack and when to use Defence stance is very helpful

Temporary stat increase items

Use free DLC items if you have to

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Use your stances right. Knowing when to use Attack and when to use Defence stance is very helpful

When you basically forget that attack stance exists

Temporary stat increase items

And that these exist

xD

Use free DLC items if you have to

Never!

I’m thinking I might go back to the branch of fate just to do “good” pairings (RIP Felicia x Silas) but I’m not sure...

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And that these exist

Tbf, i did play CQ hard without Tonics. A no reset run, even.

But knowing when to use which stance is very useful. Def stance might give you op stats, but it limits your actions. And CQ is player phase focused with a lot of very strong enemies that can chain skills on you to take down your defensive walls.

If you aren't careful your strongest unit will get lunged, debuffed, entrapped and then lunged again and then dying xD

Edited by Shrimperor

53 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If IS does an FE6 remake, I really hope they go for something like Project Ember.

Make Debias recruitable for no reason?

53 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Each unit feels usable, even bottom of the barrel units (in vanilla FE6) like Gwendolyn and Wade are perfectly viable with the adjustments made.

And Roy being able to promote to Knight Lord as early as Chapter 7? Amazing.

Yeah, Project Ember is really fun. I think I will probably replay it at some point, because it kinda does fix all of 6's issues. And this is coming from someone who actually enjoys FE6. Promoting half the team in chapter 16 is never any fun.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Is still waiting for Maiden of Darkness

Ah yes... That one. It looks pretty cool, but of course... It looks. Not much else, for the time being.

Still, if it's finished one day, it may very well be one of the greatest hacks in the history of FE fangames, so there's that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I've been waiting for like 3 years, i can maybe wait a couple more

FE6 remake is more likely to happen first lol

It's on the same boat as Staff of Ages for me. If they're ever released, they're going to be legitimately amazing, but... Well, not to be overly pessimistic, but I don't have high hopes.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's on the same boat as Staff of Ages for me. If they're ever released, they're going to be legitimately amazing, but... Well, not to be overly pessimistic, but I don't have high hopes.

Staff of Ages huh

I did play the latest version before they switched engines

ever since then however updates have been at a snail pace

I also hated how they give you a flier lord and spammed enemies wit Close Counter Archers <.<

I am very pro Long range archers, even at enemy side, but close counter should be very very rare

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Me, playing FE6 Project Ember and actually enjoying it:

498068140354437120.png?v=1

Ayyy another one.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right? I'm going Sacae route and it's actually half decent, it's unbelievable.

A lot of chapters I thought were a pain are actually not that bad in this. Ch.7 has always been the first tough chapter but it wasn't as hard in PE. Partially because you could recruit the boss. Ch.11A cuts down the wall HP by 50 (thank God) which makes saving the villages on the northeast way easier. 

Ch.14x still stinky tho.

But honestly, it all has to do with the enemies having less bulk in exchange for hitting harder. Makes progression of the maps go by a lot smoother.

The real test is gonna be Ch.21 tho. It's by far one of the worst maps in the series, hopefully PE makes it more tolerable.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Each unit feels usable, even bottom of the barrel units (in vanilla FE6) like Gwendolyn and Wade are perfectly viable with the adjustments made.

This is a hack where Sophia is also not an Est making her way more viable from the start (she joins at Lv.7 instead of 1).

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Is still waiting for Maiden of Darkness

Ah yeah, I did see that one. 44 chapters damn.

They're basically going full on fanfic territory there, probably why it's taking so long.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

But honestly, it all has to do with the enemies having less bulk in exchange for hitting harder.

In other words, FE12.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This is a hack where Sophia is also not an Est making her way more viable from the start (she joins at Lv.7 instead of 1).

Her and Raigh are, like, my best units with nosferatu. I never thought I'd see the day.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But honestly, it all has to do with the enemies having less bulk in exchange for hitting harder. 

What every FE should aim for. High lethality FE >>>>>>>>>>>>> Snoozefest tanking FE

Also makes Player Armor classes useful since they are the only one who can tank anything. Just look at conquest. Despite having 4 MoV, Effie is so very valuable because she's the only one who can tank anything until Xander appears.

Well, and Pair up helps in giving her much needed movement haha

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Wow Conquest hard is... hard. I might not be able to play through doing whatever pairings I want and destroying the kids.

Shrimpy you’re a veteran, any tips?

As another veteran here let me also add that you should try and use some of the positional buffs, like Elise's Lily's poise, Gentilholme/Demoiselle, or using Corrin's supportive with attack stance, etc.

Also want to emphasize how good attack stance is, I genuine find it to be better than pairup in most situations, as being unpaired gives you more actions, and lets units pair with units that are further ahead and/or more mobile, and switch back to give more mobility to all of your units, plus you can transfer paired units over to unpaired unit to switch from pairup to attack stance when you need the extra damage to attack, and have units just behind able to transfer and separate to maintain that mobility.

Finally I want to emphasize the underappreciated value of lunge. It can be used to breakup enemy attack stances, you can use it to kill an enemy and leave the space you attacked from open for other units to use (with the lunger's attack stance perhaps), it move an enemy closer so you can kill it with less mobile units, etc. It is very situational, but when I need it, it becomes a run saver.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also want to emphasize how good attack stance is, I genuine find it to be better than pairup in most situations, as being unpaired gives you more actions, and lets units pair with units that are further ahead and/or more mobile, and switch back to give more mobility to all of your units, plus you can transfer paired units over to unpaired unit to switch from pairup to attack stance when you need the extra damage to attack, and have units just behind able to transfer and separate to maintain that mobility.

I am not alone in thinking like that, yes!

Alot of people way overvalue how good defence stance is.

Finally I want to emphasize the underappreciated value of lunge. It can be used to breakup enemy attack stances, you can use it to kill an enemy and leave the space you attacked from open for other units to use (with the lunger's attack stance perhaps), it move an enemy closer so you can kill it with less mobile units, etc. It is very situational, but when I need it, it becomes a run saver.

Reminds me of how in Lunatic i lunged the enemy to be in range of a boss to bait him to my Archer.

I freaking love Conuqest shenanigans man

Edited by Shrimperor

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The real test is gonna be Ch.21 tho. It's by far one of the worst maps in the series, hopefully PE makes it more tolerable.

But if you're not being swarmed by a fur ball because the game decided to go Ace Combat on you, then what's the point.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am not alone in thinking like that, yes!

I think most of the active members of the Fates board (well when there is any activity on it) agree that attack stance is better than guard stance for Conquest.

Edit: I think the Reddit community is big on pairup though...

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think most of the active members of the Fates board (well when there is any activity on it) agree that attack stance is better than guard stance for Conquest.

Huh. Good to know! I usually visit general board more than anything, so didn't know that was the popular opinion there, but...

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Edit: I think the Reddit community is big on pairup though...

yup..

It's where i am most active and where everyone goes ''just pair up bro''

PD9OWhh5_o.png

Did they majorly buff the enemies for the game in the hack? Because I played this chapter before, and I don't recall multiple heroes with silver sword, tomahawks, and 50 something HP appearing as reinforcements.

And you can see the Wyvern Riders up in the corner as well. It seems like the difficulty jumped up quite a bit in a way that I don't remember the original doing.

I just realized that Tankeval may not be permanently recruitable in my Berwick Ironman since Izerna died. Oh hell.