Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

(Also since we'd almost certainly be playing it as a family, they'd actually have to be interested in it and they don't really want me playing any more than I do, which is really understandable.)

Yeah I'm......not sure if your parents would be interested in Xenoblade. Maybe they would, maybe they won't. It's not an easy family game like Nintendo's big three are.

But you also played Three Houses on your spare time so I'm guessing family interest isn't necessarily a requirement?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s an eshop sale?? I should go check it out just in case, since I was trying to minimize Christmas presents since money is tight-ish but...

Been going on since last week. I took advantage to it to get Valkyria Chronicles 4 but a ton of first party Switch games are on sale right now, which we all know is rare.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's not an easy family game like Nintendo's big three are.

How so, just wondering?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But you also played Three Houses on your spare time so I'm guessing family interest isn't necessarily a requirement?

I guess, but I prefer playing games with my family; the only games I've ever played without them are Mario Galaxy and FE.

Also, the protagonist from Xenoblade 2 sounds unnervingly like a signer from a band I used to listen to. Kind of.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ooh Ace Attorney is on sale and 50% off.

>having to ask for a game

Welp, guess I’ll pass...

Capcom games go on sale pretty often, so you don't have to worry too much if you don't get it now. Earlier this year I got Okami when it was on sale, and it went on sale again around two weeks later. It's even on sale now too. AA is definitely worth getting though, and there are plenty of other AA games to play beyond the trilogy after you finish it (once those games get ported to the Switch, anyway).

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, but it'll be 35-40 dollars more expensive. Not including DLC.

If you want to treat it as a Christmas present, you could get it now while it's on sale but not actually play it until Christmas. Alternatively you can get Torna first on account of it being less expensive, if you want to go that way.

Edited by Lightchao42

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you want to treat it as a Christmas present, you could get it now while it's on sale but not actually play it until Christmas.

True, true. Although it's more selling my parents on the idea of having it than actually getting it, y'know?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

EhJwjp6.png

Let's hope it works out...

206.gif

If only that Master of Arms didn't have counter Magic making it very hard to use anything but Nina xD

For some reason I feel like this needs some heist music....

then again I always kinda view sneaky strats as kinda like heist against the AI (I remember insisting on calling my early grab of Ophelia on Lunatic, the Great Ophelia Caper...)

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

How so, just wondering?

Well it's really more of a feeling. I don't know what your parents' tastes are but at least for me personally, I know if my mom wanted to join me for a game, Xenoblade 2 would not be my first choice, even if it is my favorite game of all time.

Most likely though, there is a chance your parents could be put off by some of the fanservice in this game. 

But I don't want to speak for them, I'm just providing potential reasons.

Then again, you guys did just playthrough BotW and Xenoblade always has a big emphasis on exploration. So they might be interested after all.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, the protagonist from Xenoblade 2 sounds unnervingly like a signer from a band I used to listen to. Kind of.

Was the band British?

As a side note, Xenoblade 2 has a lot of accents in it. British (including regional variants from what I'm told) Scottish, Welsh, Aussie. 

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

:Dimitrisalute:

For those who so valiantly will offer their lives in the name of Corncob.

And some people think their lives aren’t turning out so great... xD

Getting Ophelia early in lunatic helps a damn lot, especially Calamity gate makes aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of stuff easier in the midgame.

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

For some reason I feel like this needs some heist music.

Honestly, i am just playing Alight storm on youtube xD

Hmm, but maybe something else will work better...

xD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Most likely though, there is a chance your parents could be put off by some of the fanservice in this game. 

They really liked tomb raider back in the day, sooo...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade always has a big emphasis on exploration. So they might be interested after all.

Oh, then they're gonna love it.

They even make me go to break EVERY SINGLE CRATE IN HW2! A HACK-AND-SLASH GAME! AGHAGAHAGHA

They do make me notice the really cool parts of a game, though. I loved exploring BotW and seeing all of the really neat things hidden everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Was the band British?

Yes, although the lead singer had more of a cockney accent than whoever the protagonist's VA did. I don't know much about Britain's social castes, though.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, then they're gonna love it.

They even make me go to break EVERY SINGLE CRATE IN HW2! A HACK-AND-SLASH GAME! AGHAGAHAGHA

They do make me notice the really cool parts of a game, though. I loved exploring BotW and seeing all of the really neat things hidden everywhere.

Ah. Then yeah, this will be a big draw for them. There is so much to see in this series and you all basically got a taste of Monolith Soft world design with BotW.

Of course, Xenoblade's worlds aren't truly open (Xenoblade X is the exception, that game is actually true open world) but that's a trivial thing. 

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

They really liked tomb raider back in the day, sooo...

If they liked Tomb Raider, I don't see Xenoblade fanservice bothering them too much. Lara Croft was one of the OG fanservice characters.

bK6DQQs.png

...I think this is the most i've been afraid of a 3% in my gaming life....

nope, not doing it, let's think about something else haha

Not even Kaga low% made me this afraid before...

3ZtysCJ.png

With Death AND Certain Blow...

Ok, i am never gonna enemy phase that guy got it

This a waepon i expect from Kaga xD

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why not just write plan?

for the memes, my friend, for the memes.

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If they liked Tomb Raider, I don't see Xenoblade fanservice bothering them too much. Lara Croft was one of the OG fanservice characters.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I'd never seen Lara Croft before, but a yotuber I watch, (Caddicarus) mentions tomb raider a fair amount and mentions her PS1 "Breats," somewhat often.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why not just write plan?

Because Anime.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

3ZtysCJ.png

With Death Blow...

Ok, i am never gonna enemy phase that guy got it

This a waepon i expect from Kaga xD

That jerk critting with his attack stance on the spy shuriken hit was something I had to tonic up (and plan out extra defense pumping with skills) to deal with thanks to the restrictions on guard stance I was playing with...

I have just borne witness to something incredible. From a mere common Core Crystal I have summoned the legendary KOS- just kidding, it was Godfrey. Still, I'm glad that I got someone new after just getting pity Blades. The megalance giant is still MIA though, so Poppibuster will have to wait longer.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That jerk critting with his attack stance on the spy shuriken hit was something I had to tonic up (and plan out extra defense pumping with skills) to deal with thanks to the restrictions on guard stance I was playing with...

OOF

Even my tonic'd up Nina will take 27 Damage on a dual attacker crit from him. With Rally Def and Elise's Skill that could be toned down to 15.

Only surviveable if she didn't get poisoned before..

Also Ryoma just crit rend heaven'd corncob

i gotta hurry up XD