Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Rune Factory lets you have a harem when dating, but one you decide to marry one of them, the rest act as if nothing happened.

Oh, the same is sort of true in Stardew. You can date however many people you want but when you marry someone, that’s that. However, sources conflict as to whether or not you remain involved with the others you don’t marry, unfortunately. Which if true would make me want to go harem even less, I only want to because it feels like the completion isn’t thing to do.

Maybe @Acacia Sgt will know?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And well, my brother hates nopons xD

"Nopon more like NO-pon haha gottem" -your brother, probably.

.... although "NO-pon" is actually how it's pronounced in Xenoblade X due to having an American localization rather than a European one. They even acknowledge it in the Xenoblade 2 DLC

2020091312254000-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, mostly. Clorica was still flirting with Lest even after I married Dolce. xD

After a certain point, characters will still be saying somewhat romantic things with you due to the high love points you've accumulated with them.

It is kinda weird about how other characters will acknowledge you dating someone but once marriage happens, nobody brings it up aside from your spouse.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Emily seems sweet.

Cute too.

She’s in second last for me tbh, because I’ve seen all of her special scenes and she doesn’t really have more to her than “oh look at me I’m quirky!”

Now if you want sweet and cute, Penny is there 😉

Yowza the Dragon Quest Builders II demo is long, it's been hours and I still haven't finished it. This doesn't entirely surprise me, because DQXIS's demo is known for its unusual length as well. I have to assume this is the actual game, only it cuts off and that the save data will be able to be transferred to the full game later, it would be very cruel if this wasn't the case. The game opens slowly, too slowly I'd say. But that mostly works I think, considering all the construction information the game has to give you, it'd be easy if it was faster to get inundated.

Does it make me want to buy either DQB game? Well, it isn't bad. I'm not a Minecraft person, but I might have a satisfying experience with this, if the pace picks up later that'd help. The Switch versions are still pricier than I'd like however. And, the combat is feeling like an obligatory afterthought, it's very simplistic. The DQ charm is here, thats good. Having the Lord of Destruction from ye olde DQII reborn as an amnesiac boy with a liking for thrashing things but seemingly as a result of his fundamental diabolic nature can't create anything as your best bud is 🙂.

40 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

After being spoiled by 60FPS, it's hard to go back, haha. 

And then I hear of PC elitists getting things like 90 fps or higher. What does that even do? If there are people can't tell between 30 and 60, how high can the human perception of frames per second go?

Just now, Armagon said:

Now if only the character protraits in Stardew were sweet and cute.

Hate to be superficial, but true. Things do become more normalized the longer you stare at them, but it doesn't change the fact that some things are objectively not very good looking. The same can be said for sounds, bad music and bad VAs can become tolerated, but not actually become good.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Huh. I never saw them as looking bad.

Sometimes things are like that, we think things are fine when we're in our bubble of one or maybe three, and are amazed when we encounter someone who thinks differently. I experienced that recently with Etrian Odyssey's character artwork, I was fine conceding that the artists' Fire Emblem Heroes contributions looked bad, but, barring some female designs and the hideous Yggdroids, I felt most of the Etrian Odyssey artwork was good and fine. Turned out there is a crowd that absolutely hates it all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sometimes things are like that, we think things are fine when we're in our bubble of one or maybe three, and are amazed when we encounter someone who thinks differently. I experienced that recently with Etrian Odyssey's character artwork, I was fine conceding that the artists' Fire Emblem Heroes contributions looked bad, but, barring some female designs and the hideous Yggdroids, I felt most of the Etrian Odyssey artwork was good and fine. Turned out there is a crowd that absolutely hates it all.

I’m not amazed or anything, I just never really paid attention to it.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, one guy made the whole game, so I wouldn't expect RF4 quality of presentation.

I'm not. I'm just saying that, in comparing farm sims, one has a significantly better art style, IMO.