Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Huh, interesting.

So, I've been watching playthrough videos of the official localized version DDatSoL, and looks like they kept the mention of slaves in Linde's recruitment. A contrast to the DS remake which seemed to dropped that connotation altogether. I'm guessing they made no changes to the script in translation I take it. Other than using the official localization terms for names and stuff....

I was wondering what stuff like that would happen. Keeping the slave mention indicates they were willing to keep content and intent consistently.

I also wonder if Mannu mentioned Salamand.

As for Adolf Uunona, I think he could have asked to remove his middle name so as not to take chances, considering as the article itself asserts Germanic first names are pretty common in Namibia, I have to wonder why his parents did that because Hitler's relatives chose to distance themselves from the name.

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I was wondering what stuff like that would happen. Keeping the slave mention indicates they were willing to keep content and intent consistently.

I also wonder if Mannu mentioned Salamand.

He does mention Salamander, yes.

Morzas also still mentions Basilisk.

Curiously, the script has Mannu refer to Salamander as a god. The fan translation simply had him say Salamand Clan.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

@Armagon do you know by chance in Xenosaga III if the Dinahs attacks damage calculations go off of Ether Attack or Strength? 

I'm actually not sure how you tell, haha.

I actually don't know either. I don't know much of the inner workings of Xenosaga, I just see something and go "haha *thing* goes brr".

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Really? Huh. Which is kind of odd as well, since the name Joseph doesn't really bring to mind negative connotations about Stalin and whatnot.

Joseph is also one of the most well-known Biblical names. The name Stalin would have negative connotations but not Joseph. 

Adolf Hitler, one the other hand, you hear either name and the same man comes to mind. I don't know how common that name is in Germany and Austria but I imagine the sheer negative connotations probably have made either name really unpopular.

I'd say, that change is very intriguing.

Morzas still calls himself "Morzas of Basilisk". Gharnef still refers to Tiki as being of the Naga Clan. The Salamander mention seems to be the only one actually changed to refer to a single individual rather than a group.

Except, it wouldn't be quite wrong. Genealogy mentioned a Salamander as one of the eleven dragons who accompanied Naga to Jugdral. It might not be a coincidence...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I actually don't know either. I don't know much of the inner workings of Xenosaga, I just see something and go "haha *thing* goes brr".

Well crud, that info is something i need. Well, guess I gotta test the old fashioned way, change a weapons power to insane numbers and test it out!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I kInD oF want to play Three Houses to subside my undying boredom but only kind of...

There's always other games to try...

If I managed to get Benice to at least try SRW then so help me...

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Except, it wouldn't be quite wrong. Genealogy mentioned a Salamander as one of the eleven dragons who accompanied Naga to Jugdral. It might not be a coincidence...

I suspect it isn't.

We'll see how much of a coincidence it is with a Genealogy remake.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

As for Adolf Uunona, I think he could have asked to remove his middle name so as not to take chances, considering as the article itself asserts Germanic first names are pretty common in Namibia, I have to wonder why his parents did that because Hitler's relatives chose to distance themselves from the name.

I might assign benign "remoteness to the great evil" to it. Which is to say, Namibia might've played an indirect but extant role in World War II which has been largely forgotten due to being a European colony at the time. Yet, very few if any Namibians were in Europe suffering under the modern dictator's tyranny or fighting the battles against it. It didn't leave so big an impact on the national consciousness. On the other hand, would it -hypothetically as I do not know Namibian history, culture, or naming practices- surprise someone if Namibians liked using names of the language of their former colonial power, but excluded names associated with infamous governors and other colonial figures who locally oppressed them?

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I kInD oF want to play Three Houses to subside my undying boredom but only kind of...

I'm feeling quite bored as well. I keep telling myself "start the DS2 Triangulum story!" or "Plug in your old PS3 and finally play Final Fantasy IX or XIII", or even a 3H run, despite my heart being an iceberg in the shape of a nondescript crying goddess towards that game. But, I keep telling myself I have to be "in the right mindset", and that proper mood hasn't come and never seems like it will. Sometimes, I just have to throw myself at something instead of doing nothing holding off for the awaited time.

That reminds me I still need to finish my CK2 run.

I plan to get EU4 for Christmas... and continue my campaign! THen I can transfer over to Vic2... then buy HoI4 and keep going... get Stellaris and keep going...

The Paradox Mega Campaign! Shaping up the ahistorical world from 769AD into the 24th and a half 26th century and beyond!

Some people decide to start with Imperator. But I feel the gap between Imperator and CK is just too large.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Plug in your old PS3 and finally play Final Fantasy IX or XIII"

I mean, FF IX is legit great and I'd say best FF.

So if you choose to do that that's my recommendation.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It didn't leave so big an impact on the national consciousness. On the other hand, would it -hypothetically as I do not know Namibian history, culture, or naming practices- surprise someone if Namibians liked using names of the language of their former colonial power, but excluded names associated with infamous governors and other colonial figures who locally oppressed them?

Again, this isn't nonsensical based on what little we know. Picking a name after a historical figure from a country you have a long history with (thanks colonialism) does make sense. Distance and education related to said country would also matter (For distance I know more UK history than I probably would if I was from Australia regardless of any other factors).

But full names like that seems odder. It might not be there, I admit I'm not so knowledgeable here.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

or even a 3H run, despite my heart being an iceberg in the shape of a nondescript crying goddess towards that game.

Why would you start a 3H run then?

Not that long. The Germans only had Namibia for 31 years. They lost it in WWI to the British, who attached it to Union of South Africa, who kept it after independence, and then held it some more until 1990.

That said, it was enough time for usage of German to remain to the present day.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That reminds me I still need to finish my CK2 run.

I plan to get EU4 for Christmas... and continue my campaign! THen I can transfer over to Vic2... then buy HoI4 and keep going... get Stellaris and keep going...

The Paradox Mega Campaign! Shaping up the ahistorical world from 769AD into the 24th and a half 26th century and beyond!

Some people decide to start with Imperator. But I feel the gap between Imperator and CK is just too large.

Wait Stellaris links to HoI4?

Whaaaaaaat? That sounds like a way to spend a year or two (says the guy who was super slow playing CKII regardless not even counting the fact that it ran super slow on the old laptop).

(Also the imperator-CK gap is probably smaller than HoI-Stellaris)

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wait Stellaris links to HoI4?

Whaaaaaaat? That sounds like a way to spend a year or two (says the guy who was super slow playing CKII regardless not even counting the fact that it ran super slow on the old laptop).

(Also the imperator-CK gap is probably smaller than HoI-Stellaris)

Not officially. People have made converters. The only official converter is from CK2 to EU4, although fan-made converts also exist.

So you can play from Imperator to Stellaris with the same playthrough, as it is. People have done this.

Actually, no. HoI ends in 1948 and Stellaris begins in 2200. That's a 252 year gap.

Meanwhile, Imperator ends in 27BC. The earliest start date CK2 had is 769, and that's thanks to DLC since otherwise it's 1066. That's almost 800 years. Even CK3, of which converters from Imperator to CK3 have begun, has 867 as it's earliest start date, though who knows what DLC will add.

It goes like this:

Imperator - 300BC to 27BC

CK2 - 769AD to 1453

EU4 - 1441 to 1821

Vic2 - 1836 to 1936

HoI4 -  1936 to 1948

Stellaris - 2200 to at least 2500 but it's cutting date is more goal oriented than a hard set time, so it could go beyond 2500.

Edited by Acacia Sgt