• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Plot twist. FE on Mars isn't Sci-Fi. It's an Inside Out style story that takes place inside Mars (Marth), as he fell ill, and we control anthropomorphized white cells ala Cells at Work as they battle invading bacteria/virus.

Not a bad idea. I did see a shump on the 3DS that made fighting viruses look cool. And Xenoblade has done some decent "inside a living organism" dungeons. It could be otherworldly, in an unforgettable, though possibly niche way.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

worse than nothing - gacha

True. For whatever narrative, for whatever good characters may exist in gatcha's sea of generics because they need to crank out so many of them for $$$, it's all lost to the soulless and repetitive gameplay. It's a sad waste.

----

selfy-prostitute00005.jpg

Bad translation of the month.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. For whatever narrative, for whatever good characters may exist in gatcha's sea of generics because they need to crank out so many of them for $$$, it's all lost to the soulless and repetitive gameplay. It's a sad waste.

Gameplay isn't the only problem. The plot is too. Sure, individual character sidestories may be cool but the thing with gacha stories is they either end prematurely or they never end. There is no in-between. As long as it keeps making enough money, they'll keep adding new story arcs after story arc after story arc. 

Granblue Fantasy at least has full-fledged games to it's name so anyone who wants to experience that franchise without the gacha is able to but that's a rare exception.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

----

selfy-prostitute00005.jpg

Bad translation of the month.

Omg, I was dreaming about this game (TinierMe) today for some reason. Whenever I dream about it, I always dream of it re-opening. What is this edition called, by the way? I don't remember what this one is called. 

11 minutes ago, May said:

Omg, I was dreaming about this game (TinierMe) today for some reason. Whenever I dream about it, I always dream of it re-opening. What is this edition called, by the way? I don't remember what this one is called. 

I don't think this is the game you're thinking of. This game is called "Selfy Collection: The dream fashion stylist!" on the Switch.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

When you play the same two opponents in Smash for 2 hours, you know they're as dedicated as you are. Xd 

That was some good fun, 58 wins and 4 losses, not too bad. Doubles, of course

All against the same two players? You know they've good sportsmanship if they stick around after getting trashed the fifth time.😄

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think this is the game you're thinking of. This game is called "Selfy Collection: The dream fashion stylist!" on the Switch.

Oh, yes, it isn't. However, the company is the same and the style is still the same even after a decade. TinierMe's avatars are called Selfy(s), and the main character is called Selfy too. Everything with a similar style originates from atgames.jp. I didn't even know this released on the Switch! I guess I will check it out.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All against the same two players? You know they've good sportsmanship if they stick around after getting trashed the fifth time.😄

Yeah it surprised me as well! I'm pretty sure they would have kept going, but I had to take a break, haha. 

Still, I like when an opponent pushes me to my limit, makes it that much more fun.

To be fair, i've had a couple rounds like this.

My record after a bit of playing. keep in mind i just started out recently:

2b5c672dd6ff5b537cee3f751c524306.jpg

Sorted by wins obviously, 4,198 isnt too bad for just starting out. Xd

As you can see, I've had quite a few rounds where the opposition just wouldnt give in. 

Most of these games I played as Lucina, ZSS, or Zelda. Most the wins come from Lucina and ZSS, though.

Also also note that I've got a competitive fire that gets lit when my opponent can really play, and i dont like to lose either.

Edited by lightcosmo

It’s true, when I’m making major decisions, I don’t think about Wraith’s taxes at all 😛

In other news, I sold my soul to Three Houses yet again.... *sigh*

Edited by Sooks

49 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s true, when I’m making major decisions, I don’t think about Wraith’s taxes at all 😛

*Wraith let's out a painful groan*

Edited by Wraith

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't you mean tech vs magic? Cause tech vs science seems redundant lmao.

“With this I have perfected my teleportation device! What do you mean how does it work? I’m just gonna hope it does!”

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

YES! YOU'RE LEARNING SOOKS! YOU'RE LEARNING!

Dorothea hawt