Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Wraith said:

Who broke a broomstick handle off in your ass today Acacia Sgt?

Just stop, please.

Also, this ain't the first time I'm mentioning this. Go to the RP thread if you want to go all Imperator, fake drinking, or whatever...

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, you could be having more fun with this:

But noooo, it's with something you've found no joy with before...

I’ve found tons of joy with it before!

Assuming this was directed at me.

What the actual fuck?

Well, any remote interest i had in Genshin Impact is now completely gone considering someone could just hack my account, spend money on it, and it becomes their's to keep.

This is why the only gacha you should be playing is Xenoblade 2. You pay once and you get a complete package and the gacha system is 100% rigged in your favor and it's not like you need to use the gacha. Yes there is a Season Pass but you also only pay once for that and get a complete package, it even comes with a whole new game.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“With this I have perfected my teleportation device! What do you mean how does it work? I’m just gonna hope it does!”

"It's not about winning, it's about sending a message".

https://gonintendo.com/stories/373817-nintendo-begins-to-take-down-music-videos-on-youtube-containing-s

Screw corporate Ninty, with a blender set to the highest setting. If you don't put out the music yourself outside of the games in a format for easy listening at anytime, then you have no grounds to do this. What the hell is wrong with wanting to listen to the addictive Song of Storms without having to shove a copy of OoT into a cumbersome and or dated gaming system and carry it around with me? 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This is why the only gacha you should be playing is Xenoblade 2. You pay once and you get a complete package and the gacha system is 100% rigged in your favor and it's not like you need to use the gacha. Yes there is a Season Pass but you also only pay once for that and get a complete package, it even comes with a whole new game.

Good point, right here. 

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve found tons of joy with it before!

Assuming this was directed at me.

Ah, sorry, it sounded like you weren't before.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What the actual fuck?

Well, any remote interest i had in Genshin Impact is now completely gone considering someone could just hack my account, spend money on it, and it becomes their's to keep.

2020 just keeps giving... or taking away, as it were.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/373817-nintendo-begins-to-take-down-music-videos-on-youtube-containing-s

Screw corporate Ninty, with a blender set to the highest setting. If you don't put out the music yourself outside of the games in a format for easy listening at anytime, then you have no grounds to do this. What the hell is wrong with wanting to listen to the addictive Song of Storms without having to shove a copy of OoT into a cumbersome and or dated gaming system and carry it around with me? 

It genuinely feels like they've regressed to 2013 Nintendo. Not that corporate Nintendo hasn't being doing shitty things but they've been so blatant within the span of a week.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What

the

WHAT

Considering how it's their most popular game by a significant margin, you'd think customer support would be better about this.

And speaking of scummy gacha things, the new FEH update made it so that if you have in-app purchases disabled, you literally cannot summon. You can do everything else that requires Orbs but you cannot summon at all unless you have in-app purchases turned on. People turn them off to combat potential gambling addiction so forcing players to turn them on is very scummy.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And speaking of scummy gacha things, the new FEH update made it so that if you have in-app purchases disabled, you literally cannot summon. You can do everything else that requires Orbs but you cannot summon at all unless you have in-app purchases turned on. People turn them off to combat potential gambling addiction so forcing players to turn them on is very scummy.

And what I don't get is why.

There's no reason to do it that makes sense, it just seems to invite scummy behaviour that could hurt those who are having those difficulties.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Considering how it's their most popular game by a significant margin, you'd think customer support would be better about this.

Well they don’t worry about that when they can just take the posts down, or whatever it is they did...

I wanna say that would be a viable suit in court, even if I was the person and didn’t care about the account anymore, I would do it just to send the middle finger right back at them.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well they don’t worry about that when they can just take the posts down, or whatever it is they did...

I wanna say that would be a viable suit in court, even if I was the person and didn’t care about the account anymore, I would do it just to send the middle finger right back at them.

Sadly, it might not happen. Just suing costs a hefty amount of money. Add all the processes expenses, paying the lawyer, etc. Corporations can afford this, but not a common citizen. Hence why they can get away with stuff like that. Or even just accept paying fines but not fix the actual problem they got the fine for.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sadly, it might not happen. Just suing costs a hefty amount of money. Add all the processes expenses, paying the lawyer, etc. Corporations can afford this, but not a common citizen. Hence why they can get away with stuff like that. Or even just accept paying fines but not fix the actual problem they got the fine for.

Oh I know, I was just saying hypothetically.

Although I didn’t think about that last part. Huh.

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. For whatever narrative, for whatever good characters may exist in gatcha's sea of generics because they need to crank out so many of them for $$$, it's all lost to the soulless and repetitive gameplay. It's a sad waste.

Right here, the reason I played two hours of Heroes long ago... and the reason I uninstalled it immediately afterwards, never to return. I dig the idea of recruiting and using characters from all the games in a big crossover game, but gacha is such a scummy, heartless, predatory business model... And the gameplay is just FE but worse, so...

Yeah. Easily the worst FE for me, right there. As much as I hate PoR, at least PoR doesn't require you spend moneys to get Makalov. Heck, scratch that - a chance to maybe get Makalov. Please...

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Genshin Impact, eh. All I know about that game is it's a gacha, and that both it and another gacha called Arknights that I absolutely despise (for reasons mostly unrelated to the game itself, admittedly) lost the Google Play Users' Choice award to a shitty Spongebob cash grab. That says a lot about the mobile gaming industry, I feel.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nintendo being dicks is frustrating, because with how genuinely awesome their games are and how big and loyal their fanbase is, you know they can afford to do basically anything and their products will continue to sell well. They have virtually no reason to stop being assholes. Just look at the whole Mario All-Stars 3D fiasco. They put three ROMs with their respective emulators on a cartdrige, sold it for a whopping 60 bucks, and people... just went ahead and ate it up. Urgh... And I can't even claim innocence. I fully intend to consider buying the Mario 3D World port if the extra content interests me, even though I own the original.

I don't even understand their obsession with shutting down music uploads. There's games that I've discovered because Youtube recommended me their music. Nintendo doesn't even sell their OSTs. What the heck is the point? I'm afraid I'm too stupid to comprehend the wise bureaucrats at Nintendo's higher spheres.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

the new FEH update made it so that if you have in-app purchases disabled, you literally cannot summon. People turn them off to combat potential gambling addiction so forcing players to turn them on is very scummy.

Aren't those exactly the main targets of gachas? Gambling addicts? It seems to me like this move makes perfect sense. It's not good, quite the opposite, but it's a perfectly logical course of action for a gacha to take.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And what I don't get is why.

There's no reason to do it that makes sense, it just seems to invite scummy behaviour that could hurt those who are having those difficulties.

I think you answered your own question.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

it just seems to invite scummy behaviour that could hurt those who are having those difficulties.

They want money, no matter the cost.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Can we just not support scummy games, maybe?

Agreed entirely. Gachas need to burn. Among all the bullshit that this industry has been allowed to pull, they rank quite high on the scum scale.

Wow, first time I post here in a while, and it's all negativity... My apologies.

For a chance of pace, I've finished Octopath Traveler! ...'s first four stories. Olberic, Cyrus, Tressa and Ophilia... Only after the credits rolled did I realize I accidentally picked the OCTO team. How neat.

I'd say I'm actually having more fun this time around. The first time I barely understood how sidequests were supposed to work, but now I appreciate how they just give you a hint and leave you to think how to complete them by yourself. And the combat system is fun enough that I actually don't mind doing a bit of grinding, which is something that has never happened to me with any other RPG.

Anyway, in my first run, I went for the secret classes at this point, then got too bored to use the benchies. I'll do it differently this time around: immediately ditch the OG team, and pick up the benchwarmers. This way, if I get tired of the game before I can do the postgame stuff, at least I'll have experienced all 8 stories. Downside: I lose Cyrus. Upside: I gain H'aanit, who is, unsurprisingly enough, my second favorite character in the game.

Also, all of Alfyn's lines when casting scholar's spells seem to be shitty puns. I love it.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh I know, I was just saying hypothetically.

Although I didn’t think about that last part. Huh.

Yeah, it's an unfortunate thing that happens. Sometimes they want to take the path of least resistance. Since the costs for fixing the problem are greater, or by fixing the problem their profits take a dive. Hence, just pay the fines, which are the cheaper of their options.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For a chance of pace, I've finished Octopath Traveler! ...'s first four stories. Olberic, Cyrus, Tressa and Ophilia... Only after the credits rolled did I realize I accidentally picked the OCTO team. How neat.

You saying that caused me to check.

The other four do spell PATH.

I hate that they were that precise and I never noticed.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, it's everyone's favorite fun fact about Octopath. Honestly, I love it. It's a really cute detail.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just stop, please.

Also, this ain't the first time I'm mentioning this. Go to the RP thread if you want to go all Imperator, fake drinking, or whatever...

I find myself in a strange, lucid state. Mayhap my tomfoolery does demonstrate my forth of understanding in the ways of internet decorum. Very well, Acacia Sgt, very well.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah. Easily the worst FE for me, right there.

Ngl, ranking Heroes with the rest of the series is pretty unfair.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Arknights that I absolutely despise (for reasons mostly unrelated to the game itself, admittedly)

It's ok, you can say the ads. I don't have any interest in Arknights either but the ads were bad.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Google Play Users' Choice

Lol.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aren't those exactly the main targets of gachas? Gambling addicts? It seems to me like this move makes perfect sense. It's not good, quite the opposite, but it's a perfectly logical course of action for a gacha to take.

Some yes but a few gachas actually do things to combat gambling addiction. By which I mean Cygames, I've heard they are very good at this. They reward their free-to-play players so much, there is no incentive to spend money unless you really want to.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Don't you mean tech vs magic? Cause tech vs science seems redundant lmao.

Yeah that xD

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It genuinely feels like they've regressed to 2013 Nintendo.

Probably because they are making bank again

19 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Can we just not support scummy games, maybe?

Kinda sad that's an unpopular opinion nowdays. Gacha make much more money than normal games

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Notdissushituagen.png

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah. Easily the worst FE for me, right there. As much as I hate PoR, at least PoR doesn't require you spend moneys to get Makalov. Heck, scratch that - a chance to maybe get Makalov. Please...

People count that as a Fire Emblem? The gameplay is barely the same!

Genshin Impact, eh. All I know about that game is it's a gacha, and that both it and another gacha called Arknights that I absolutely despise (for reasons mostly unrelated to the game itself, admittedly) lost the Google Play Users' Choice award to a shitty Spongebob cash grab. That says a lot about the mobile gaming industry, I feel.

That those are the only options mobile gamers have?

Wow, first time I post here in a while, and it's all negativity... My apologies.

I doubt anyone minded that much! I for one, didn’t.

Hey that was my team as well 😄

Downside: I lose Cyrus. Upside: I gain H'aanit, who is, unsurprisingly enough, my second favorite character in the game.

Thee enjoyeth the lady who is't doest not stand ho talking in shakespeare’s tongue enow to ranketh h'r thy second fav'rite?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, it's everyone's favorite fun fact about Octopath. Honestly, I love it. It's a really cute detail.

Same!

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I had to have someone tell me as well.

But this is also why I started with Ophelia, so I could go clockwise and grab them all in order.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

What the actual fuck?

This will only support constant whaling, since the premise seems like only if someone spends more than you, will the hacker get to keep the account. Therefore, FtP players and "minnows" are liable to being pinched out at any time, when someone with an income willing to spend, after secretly stalking you to see if your account has anything valuable, will pounce and steal your hundreds of hours of labor and relatively small financial investment.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gatcha going into an increasing state of desperation and decline? -I wish, because it'd mean the end of it is coming, which is certainly not the way things are headed ATM.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

True. XC2 gives a format for how to put randomly drawn characters into a game that has an end, far less grind, and a one-time payment.

Although, I will say I'm not overly fond of XC2's gatcha-lite. But it is not because it mimics an objectionable genre or could be a hypothetical gateway to gatcha. The reason is the "gotcha-feel" to characters is... not ideal to me. I'd definite this roughly as each character being an isolate, because they can be drawn by different artists with wholly different aesthetics, and barring the occasional interaction or that one two they're closer to, they exist apart from each other. To compensate, each character, none of whom can get much in the depth because of their sheer quantity, relies on a zesty personality gimmick.

Now, some of the above is not exclusive to gatcha, FE has had casts lacking for depth with some reliance on crazy gimmicks for years, and not just Awakening and thereafter. Florina is a total trope, and a more muted personality, while different from hyperactive gimmick, can still be one-note, as most of the Archanean cast is evidence of. Sheer quantity makes this problem rather inescapable. And within Xenoblade, X laid the groundwork for the big playable cast of 2. None of it is gatcha, and all of it is drawn by a single artist, but the cast is big, some characters are gimmicky, and some are isolated from each other in terms of social interaction.

Now, even with a smaller more traditional cast, I admit that you aren't guaranteed depth or cohesion between the cast. To use XC1, Reyn doesn't develop, Sharla is rather filler, Riki is filler. For Torna, Team Hugo is there for the ride and little else, it's really Mythra and Team Lora that matters. But, with a smaller cast, the chance of the above problems is lower and if they exist, it might not be so stark.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah. FEH isn't FE. It's an FE-themed gacha.

And yet, those less opposed to gatcha, or even friendly towards it, may be inclined to disagree. Which I find a bit disconcerting, but oh well.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

People count that as a Fire Emblem? The gameplay is barely the same!

There are two or three things in FEH's favor:

1. No RNG in the gameplay. Barring gatcha mechanics. One of SF's mods sincerely loves FEH the most of all FE games because of this.
  2. Sadly, it's second only to Fates Conquest in terms of Skills mattering. Thats heaping tons of them to customize your units with and it matters and enemies use the same gazillion of Skills and can wreck you with them too if you don't think about things.
  3. Armor units aren't horrendous, Fliers and Cavs are a little more balanced.

But, these are like slices of good pizza buried beneath rat droppings that are so stacked they go up to your knees. Even if I could scrub off the excrement and not die or end up in the hospital or on the toilet, I wouldn't go for it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer