Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Only good Armor in Three Houses is Edelgard cause she actually has move and also Raging Storm (but that isn't specific to Armors).

Fucked up how Emperor class can't use magic tho.

If you build your unit right they can actually successfully tank little to no physical damage on most attacks, unlike... any other armor in the series?

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you build your unit right they can actually successfully tank little to no physical damage on most attacks, unlike... any other armor in the series?

Or you can just use Wyvern Rider/Wyvern lord and do the same thing with twice the movement and axefaire.

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It's not tanking that's the issue, they still suffer the setbacks that Armor Knights normally would. Which is why any "canon" Armor unit, I just have them become something else.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think there’s is such a thing as good green unit AI in Fire Emblem.

Which is why they should always have realllllly good stats. Theres one chapter in TearRing Saga in which you're greatly outnumbered with almost no chance of winning. Two turns later, a band of 10 NPCs shows up, the worst is a staffbot, the second worst is a Sage with Wind and endgame-worthy stats, one of the better units is a Swordmaster with an 80 Crit sword. Hide in a corner and they'll save your posteriors ORKOing everything that approaches. It's delightful for a change to see the NPCs own everything.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why

SNK was bought by Saudi Arabia in the past month or two. An unceasing windfall of Petrodollars can let you be stupid in your other business dealings, almost the same way Big Techdollars has allowed Google via Stadia and Apple via its Arcade service to dabble in finding a place in the world of gaming.

Chapter 14 of Berwick would be pretty rough without the yellow and green allies soaking up all the ballista shots.

I guess that map must have inspired the great presence of AI allies in Radiant Dawn. But of course unlike in Berwick, they are just kinda there. They don't really have a purpose.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which is why they should always have realllllly good stats. Theres one chapter in TearRing Saga in which you're greatly outnumbered with almost no chance of winning. Two turns later, a band of 10 NPCs shows up, the worst is a staffbot, the second worst is a Sage with Wind and endgame-worthy stats, one of the better units is a Swordmaster with an 80 Crit sword. Hide in a corner and they'll save your posteriors ORKOing everything that approaches. It's delightful for a change to see the NPCs own everything.

Sounds like an army of Pents.

Odin-Sphere-Flare-Mercedes.jpg

I didn't think a niche game like this would get such a cute figurine set.😋

Gwendolyn and Velvet figurines sold separately or can be selected instead of Mercedes. Neither of the two males are on offer though; the table is small, but it would've been charming to see all five having brunch around it. And that Elrit Forest backdrop is perfect, but it's purely for advertising and not included.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sounds like an army of Pents.

It is, and unlike Pent there is no reason to not to let them rampage. The map gets a 2/10 on the challenge scale, but it's cool from a different perspective. (1/10 is saved for the TRS map wherein the only two enemies on the entire map are two little girls who've mistaken you for bad guys and are recruitable.)

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

unlike... any other armor in the series?

Eh...I'd say that in many games, (if not most) they can always take little to no damage. The problem is parenially the lack of movement, as well as other classes actually being good defensively, as well as their lack of speed overall.

Hence why I want FE to adopt the Sshield, Mshield and Lshield system from Berwick Saga! It makes armor knights significantly better at tanking and actually good at it, unlike everyone else.

Armor knights still suck in Berwick Saga, though. I feel like they just suck less than in other FEs between horses being a limited resource and their exclusive ability to majorly tank.

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hence why I want FE to adopt the Sshield, Mshield and Lshield system from Berwick Saga! It makes armor knights significantly better at tanking and actually good at it, unlike everyone else.

It's a cool idea, it just needs to not be random.